• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreenMamba

Smash Journeyman
So we're getting a daily blog? Interesting... that means the game is nearing completion...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
...Eh, did anyone happen to see my post about the new Nintendo Power issue? o_O
Ya, overall it is very intresting news without a doubt. I'm not sure what to think of it, but it still is pretty intresting. It seems that it's Nintendo's week to shine and show off their fancy new wares, and awsome new games.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ that is one way to put it=lol! It is extremely big news, but I still don't entirely know what this means, or will mean, at least not yet. This is going to be, very intresting to see how it turns out. Just as long as Brawl totally owns just like Melee, but with more courses, characters, and online I'm more than set! =D

Always remeber...no amount of noobs can own me, unless you include me! =D

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Holy head of banana!

*drops Kokiri sword*

I'm not ready for this!

*passes out*

Croco

Smash Lord
I can really this happening tomorrow-

"3.. 2.. 1.."
*Refreshes*
It reads.. "0 Days"
*Refreshes*
It still just reads.. "0 Days"
*Everyone freaks out that they have to now wait another 24 hours*

:)

Infil

Smash Journeyman
A daily blog, if true, is pretty neat. Sakurai definitely wouldn't volunteer to do a daily blog for a year, or likely even 8 months. It seems more likely that Smash would come out this year sometime if this is true.

So, it seems we can expect new information on Monday, as well as the promise of new information often thereafter.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
A daily blog is exactly what I want them to do. New info till the release of Brawl. Is that what they did with Melee?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
*recovers... sits up*

Aru? I was out for 11 minutes, and three posts popped up!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I can't actually see Sakurai giving us information DAILY... considering he hasn't updated since November, I just doubt he would do a daily blog... but here's hoping.
I don't see daily blogs as a possibility, unless more of his staff help. I think on Monday we'll learn the SSBB development teams name finally. Despite that I don't think Sakurai will blog daily, I could see him doing it weekly over his weekly analysis, day by day even=pretty much the same thing, except on Sakurai's spare time! ;)

33 1/4 hours remain until we all find out what surprise is in store for us striaght from Sakurai! :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
What's the point of a daily blog? They always release in large doses, and it's better that way. Who wants to feed off a trickle? Active the fire hose, baby! :chuckle:

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
2 days until Brawl news!
And we got a Starcraft 2 announcement! Yay!

Today was the best day for me of the waiting for Brawl news... because of the Starcraft II announcement.

I'm going to go finish watching the Azu Manga Daioh (spelled wrong) DVDs my friend let me borrow.
Sweet! That's a great anime! And yes, the SC 2 news was pretty awesome, and I didn't even have any clue it was coming, so I had to wait for it all of... an hour??

(Of all the things I was going to comment on in these past 12 pages of catching up I had to do... this is it? Azumanga Daioh? Heh.)

Oh yeah, I was going to ask the guy from Nicaragua to use some periods in his sentences... He seems to speak pretty decent English but... kinda hard to read.

Ha, and yet another thing. It's just funny how people are talking about "the trailer" and stuff like that, assuming it's definitely going to happen. Sure no one would be surprised if we got a trailer, but I for one wouldn't be surprised if we DIDN'T either. Still, keep up the hope! We got nothin' else!

Master Peach

Smash Ace
Hey that reminds me. For those of you who were on the nintendo smash Nsider forum that day Sakurai stopped updating the official website. Do you remember seeing a thread about the Smash Dojo being finally updated. Something like this. "THEY FINALLY UPDATED!!!" And when you entered the thread the dude who posted said "Naw I'm just messing with ya. lol" Does anyone remember seeing this?

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think a daily blog would be awesome.

I don't just want news on the game, I want insight into its development, I want to hear about the funny stories that happened while it was made.

But this has to mean that if we're lucky, we'll get a new dose of info Monday/Tuesday and then a steady stream thereafter--meaning the game has gotta be coming out sooner than many thought.

This is sweet, I'm lookin' forward to it.

tehSANDMAN

Smash Apprentice
wow cool. this looks to be awesome.
I AM SOOOOO BORED. rawr, can't wait. I'll be extremely happy if it's anything. Im pessimistic like that.....oh, wait...

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
we are very close now....we just have to wait 1 more day....im hoping that later today ( Sunday ) a different type of countdown will begin, instead of days it will be hours, minutes, and seconds

gnosis

Smash Lord
Huh. Notice the blog supposedly begins the 22nd, while the major update happens the 21st.

Which could mean a big chunk of information followed by a steady stream of information up to the release. Not just game info, but also development and behind-the scenes-info, it seems. And it seems to mean the game is coming out sooner than expected.

Which is like, a dream come true for me. Honestly that'd be perfect. I feel worried because it seems too optimistic, lol.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Hmm, this daily blog thing doesnt excite me that much. It would only be a matter of time before Sakurai starts posting his thoughts on life and how delicious his lunch was today, or something...

However... Only 30 hours remain!

Shuma

Smash Hero
" it seems. And it seems to mean the game is coming out sooner than expected."

Well... since Halo 3 is now coming in September, perhaps Nintendo whants to counter Halo3's release?

Black/Light

Smash Master
That blog thing hasn't been proven from what I have heard (no scan of the Nintendo Power page thats suppositly saying this). . . but I could see it happening if he wants to do the whole release one character every week.

gnosis

Smash Lord
Actually, three scans of the Nintendo Power that supposedly claims the blog info were posted in the same thread.

They weren't clear enough to read, but there's definitely a section with Brawl info in the next NP. Now, the guy could of gone through the trouble of Photoshopping three very believable NP scans, or he could be lying about the Brawl section, but, hey. It seems believable enough (except that daily part; that seems a bit overboard, unless the game is coming out in like, 2 weeks).

Keku

Smash Apprentice
This would be awesome! If it's true, that is. But I sure hope so!
Yep, but I'm not excited enough to hype about it, because we'll find out tomorrow. :D Everyone could just forget about brawl for today, and have a nice sunday. ;)

spjd

Smash Apprentice
Yep, but I'm not excited enough to hype about it, because we'll find out tomorrow. :D Everyone could just forget about brawl for today, and have a nice sunday. ;)
Yeah, I just find it pretty hard with so little time to the big revelation!

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Unless you live in Australia, where Sunday is practically over. I think that in order to see the site when it comes up, I would have to be up at 3am. Do you reckon it's worth fooling around on this thread for 3 hours beforehand? :confused:

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Actually, you're gonna have to be up a 1AM. Trust me, I double checked a couple days ago.

Annoying, but defiantly worth staying up for.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Man, there's been like 10 pages overnight or something. Sos I'm going to post about the last 5 topics. Anyway, I'd like to say that the N-Siders boards are annoying because they're ran by a game company. Every post is under Nintendo's control. The mods are nuts, they've all got their fingers on the permaban button. They usually end up bannning everyone but complete noobs.

Do you have a Wii? If so, you don't nee a loan. just clip the Wiimote and nunchuck together to create an actual nunchuck.
Nintendo, "Just don't forget to use your wrist strap!"

Though I think the CC will be used, they really need to give us a GC option. The analog stick is not situated for Smashing, and the lack of rumble really takes away from the game. I'd love a new Wii style GC controller though. Hrm. I guess modders could have some fun combining a CC with a GC controller. I know I would try it.

Oh, and I really think the daily blog thing in NP was an error (just like the date 21st) I think it'll be weekly. Sakurai would get so bored. The translator would get really sloppy.

*2 Months of Daily Blogging Gone By*
Well kids, here i todays post. I playyed game again. Wootyfrakin do. I wanted to have som fun so I combined Diddy's code with DonkeyKong's. I is named him Diddidong. He's unloackable if you use Action Replay. Now get out of my hair. Oh yeah, xbox is zawezem.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Umm guys? Who said it was 2 days? Sure the big letter says 2, but next to it stands an 8! I dunno, but I won't be suprised if it'll be 28 days instead of 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom