• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Its got 79 pages so I am not reading it all but, I vote release date and confirmed online play for brawl, plus two or three new characters and possibly a new trailer.
Tomorrow and Monday we are gonna get a massive flood of n00bs, so be ready! Seriously, I won't be the biggest n00b on here anymore! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: just a heads up warning you all should know, so be prepared for anything on the SWF on the 19th and 20th! ;) You have all been warned! :laugh: Prepared for the worst!

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone know when the site will be updated on the West Coast? I live in Hawaii, so the time may be different from Seattle, California, etc.

I don't think anyone noticed my other post... :(

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
Does anyone know when the site will be updated on the West Coast? I live in Hawaii, so the time may be different from Seattle, California, etc.

I don't think anyone noticed my other post... :(
I'll count from my time. Site will be updated at 11 AM EST, 10 AM CST, 9 AM MST, 8 AM PST, 7 AM Alaskan Time...

So you should get the update somewhere around 6 AM Hawaiian time.

2 more days... the ever-lovin' drudgery of having to wait... and the Baccalaureate service my class has tomorrow will make the wait longer and more painful...

So freakin' SLOW!!! RAAGH!! *bashes head onto desk*

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
"To add a little more confidence in you nintendo.com says its a MAJOR Update, so unless they REALLY planned to let us down with that we think its got to be something."

Thanks for lighting my hype fuse. Now I am officially ecstatic. I had not heard that. You've made my day what with the 600 pages of reading and an essay I have left to do before Monday, this "major update" will be quite a reward.

Freaking awesome.

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
By the way, can you link me to it? I want to send it to my friend who is also remaining unhyped.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I'll count from my time. Site will be updated at 11 AM EST, 10 AM CST, 9 AM MST, 8 AM PST, 7 AM Alaskan Time...

2 more days... the ever-lovin' drudgery of having to wait... and the Baccalaureate service my class has tomorrow will make the wait longer and more painful...

That is why man invented ROMs, so that when a SSB, LOZ, Metroid, DK, or Mario trailer are coming out we can have something to do inbetween talking on the SWF! :laugh: ;) :laugh:

side note: CaptainCC don't double post, use the edit button next time.

Evil E.

Smash Ace
NNID
Elmoyounasty
In regards to the single player, I hope they don't make the controls different from the multiplayer like they did with Melee. How many of you, like me, cannot play single player modes anymore, because of your reliance on the S-stick? As soon as I am airborn, I can't do any directional attacks, because I keep thinking the game is glitching or something. I'm just glad I did all the event matches before I started using the C-stick. :)

Edit: I'd also use Training Mode more if it had normal controls.
Yea i hate that.. If they dont change the controls i will personally sue nintendo

2 more dayss WHOOOOOOO!!!

Yomon

Smash Apprentice
2 days until Brawl news!
And we got a Starcraft 2 announcement! Yay!

Today was the best day for me of the waiting for Brawl news... because of the Starcraft II announcement.

So yeah... from reading more of this topic, I want: Online Gameplay news, a gameplay video, three new/returning characters, a bar or something similar to the old site with silhouettes of all the new characters that will update weekly, and... cheese!

I'm going to go finish watching the Azu Manga Daioh (spelled wrong) DVDs my friend let me borrow.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I personally will be happy with ANY new information. This could include:

-new characters (if you MUST then returning will do)
-RELEASE DATE
-more music samples
-more stages
-more super attacks
-RELEASE DATE
-new items
-online info
-did I mention RELEASE DATE?

So yeah. 2 days till nerds everywhere spazz out with glee. Hopefully. XD

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
I am more concerned of the C Stick still working the same in Brawl, for all we know it could be used for "Brawl Moves" or camera and not smashes and such. But I do hope it's back, and in the single player/event matches as well.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
ugh... 8:00...

I will be at school by that time... unless I want to check the comp lab at break... but if there is a video that will be useless...

meh... ima have to wait for school to end... longest day of the year.....

I

i8waffles612

wat is this "starcraft 2" you speak of?

like is it for the wii or something cause i never played a starcraft game,....

The Director

Smash Lord
I think somebody needs to make a 'Brawl Update 5/21' thread the night beofre so we can atleast attempt to contain the flood of posts from all the Smash fans who will be creaming their pants.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I am more concerned of the C Stick still working the same in Brawl, for all we know it could be used for "Brawl Moves" or camera and not smashes and such. But I do hope it's back, and in the single player/event matches as well.
The GCN controller working for Brawl is as good as confirmed. The C stick function isn't going anywhere, and those Brawl attacks will either work with the Y button, or be items anyways.

Originally Posted by Cenedar

-RELEASE DATE
-more music samples
-more stages
-more super attacks
-RELEASE DATE
-new items
-online info

I think we'll get all that, plus a trailer, more newcomers, and more returnies!

Originally Posted by The Director
I think somebody needs to make a 'Brawl Update 5/21' thread the night beofre so we can atleast attempt to contain the flood of posts from all the Smash fans who will be creaming their pants.
Originally Posted by Eternal phoenix Fire
Or...they could just edit this topic.
Problem solved, but n00bs will make more. Besides, we'll get like 5,000 posts per second with all these n00bs that will arrive soon, many of them like quadriple posting. I'm sure the mods are going to have a fun time banning people, and closing pointless threads! :laugh: :urg: :psycho: :cool:

Originally Posted by P.Vanity
even if there was a thread, 100 more would still be made...
Too true! N00b total invasion! Seriously, someone should make the smash boards sign say right below smashboards "beware of tons of noobs" when the site is uploadable. :laugh: ;)

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman

6:00? That's when I wake up for school! Good news for me I guess

thanx for info btw:)

I

i8waffles612

i will be in school when the new news comes out =(...

BUT YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 DAYS. THEY MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST SHOW NEW CHARACTERS, RETURNING CHARACTERS, TALK ABOUT STAGES, MOVES, ONLINE PLAY AND YES RELEASE DATE!!!!

by the way how is my signature?

EDIT: i would laugh it tomorrow it says 1 DAYS instead of 1 DAY

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
i will be in school when the new news comes out =(...

BUT YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 DAYS. THEY MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST MUST SHOW NEW CHARACTERS, RETURNING CHARACTERS, TALK ABOUT STAGES, MOVES, ONLINE PLAY AND YES RELEASE DATE!!!!

by the way how is my signature?

EDIT: i would laugh it tomorrow it says 1 DAYS instead of 1 DAY
Only 40 hours remain-the Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask! :laugh: :) ;) :dizzy: :ohwell: :psycho: :urg: :ohwell: :cool:

edit: i8waffles612 (HAHA I got it right): Looks pretty awsome, though you could use my awsome line=lol!

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

-RELEASE DATE
-more music samples
-more stages
-more super attacks
-RELEASE DATE
-new items
-online info

dont forget an official amount of characters

i dont get home till 5pm and sometimes later and the site is blocked at my school :( :mad: :( :mad:

I am going to kill a few teachers monday

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
The GC controller is not anywhere near confirmed.

Thank you for your time.
If I could quote from the site right now, I could prove you wrong. Sadly, though, I can't. :urg: Sakurai said he didn't want to change the way that people control Brawl, like they did from N64 to Melee, so that implies that we'll use GameCube controllers.

Thank you for your time.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Thank you for your time.
Sakurai said that he tried implementing the wii controllers technology but it got in the way of the gameplay so they are either sticking to the gamecube or classic controchnology but it got in the way of the gameplay so they are sticking to the gamecube/classic controler

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
If I could quote from the site right now, I could prove you wrong. Sadly, though, I can't. :urg: Sakurai said he didn't want to change the way that people control Brawl, like they did from N64 to Melee, so that implies that we'll use GameCube controllers.

Thank you for your time.
Sakurai stated, very early in development, that you might not want to throw away your GC controllers, but that doesn't confirm GC controllers, as using the CC doesn't change the control scheme for Brawl. Sakuria's quote comes from IGN, so I'll find it in a sec. Edit: from May 10, 06http://wii.ign.com/articles/707/707504p1.html

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai. "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Sakurai stated, very early in development, that you might not want to throw away your GC controllers, but that doesn't confirm GC controllers, as using the CC doesn't change the control scheme for Brawl. Sakuria's quote comes from IGN, so I'll find it in a sec

Technacally HE didn't say that, I belive some IGN guy did when HE interpted the info.
That aside I still belive that whoever said it, keep his or her advice at hand, beceause I'm preety shure there right. XD

CaptainCC

Smash Journeyman
If we go by precedent to try to determine the extent of the announcement, it seems like it could be pretty huge. In May 2001, albeit at E3, Nitnendo announced basically the entire main lineup, and at Spaceworld they showed the secret characters and other fineries.

Hopefully Nintendo has one of those little secret press conferences like they did when they first unveiled Brawl and shows off the cast to the press in Redmond and Japan on Monday. Then maybe at MinE3 they will elaborate and have it playable, etc.

Artistry

Smash Apprentice
Sakurai stated, very early in development, that you might not want to throw away your GC controllers, but that doesn't confirm GC controllers, as using the CC doesn't change the control scheme for Brawl. Sakuria's quote comes from IGN, so I'll find it in a sec
Well Sensai said it wasn't anywhere near confirmed. I was just stating that it was at least a reasonable possibility, similar (but not completely similar) to Luigi returning. It isn't confirmed, but he is definitely returning.

I

i8waffles612

There are two series i am obsessed with:

1. Super Smash Bros (which is kinda a series)....

2. Half-life series. OMG i am in episode one and i am stuck on a part!!!! tooooo many zombies!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Thank you for your time.
I've said this a billion times, but watever. Unless a more traiditional controller is made for the Wii, the GC controller is going tobe used. Maybe the CC will work with Brawl as well, but again unless there is a more traditional controller made for the Wii, Brawl will use the GC controller. (yae!):) ;) :cool:

Classic-Black

Smash Journeyman
I've said this a billion times, but watever. Unless a more traiditional controller is made for the Wii, the GC controller is going tobe used. Maybe the CC will work with Brawl as well, but again unless there is a more traditional controller made for the Wii, Brawl will use the GC controller. (yae!):) ;) :cool:
YOu know good and well that the CC fits the bill, and while it may use the GC controllers also, it will default to the CC either way

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sakurai said, "You may want to hold onto your GCN controllers."

No, not confirmation, but this week's media press event was also not confirmed for some while, now hasn't it?

If the CC is going to be the default, we're going to need to get our hands on some.
The more control options, the better, I say.

I

i8waffles612

How about for us who dont have a CC controller? that wouldnt be fair....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom