• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

1 Day...! (New Brawl Site Countdown)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
These type of threads are always chaotic.

The countdown is a huge update with no content, so there's tons of pages of nothing but crappy speculation.

Maybeee... you should just sticky it, and update the first post? And then unlock it after it launches?
That is so true. But people will continue to make crappy speculations until brawl comes out, no matter what.
There's just no way of stoping them :ohwell:

ZephyrTraction

Smash Rookie
1.21 Jigawatts!!!

Edit: Whoa, I'm staying up too late. I just had the notion to set my computer clock forward to speed up the release date. I'm sure I'd be laughing hard if I weren't so tired.
Dude, just get up to 88mph first and you're good to go :laugh:

Yeah we are desperate for info. It's weird how time seems to go faster for me now that AP tests are over, but slower at the same time because of this countdown. 5.....slow....days...

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
"It's the final countdown! Dee, dee, dee, duuuu! Dee du de, de du!!
Ha, I wonder if anyone else gets this.

So yeah, I've been mindlessly clicking over to smashbros.com like every few hours since the news broke. (But I do get up from my computer to work, eat, and sleep among other such things... ;))

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
This is pretty exciting! I can't believe the amount of good stuff happening this month! (for me anyway ^ ~)

*Looks into possible future*
All: OMG THE SITE IS FINALLY OPEN!!!
*click*
NEWS! http://www.smashbros.com/ has a new site layout!
Sakurai: *reads this thread and smiles*

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
wow i posted this morning and there are already another 200 freakin' posts, this is a crazy thread. freakin super mega ultra superhero hype. well all we can do is wait i guess. it's pretty pointless in speculating. Nintendo is just too crazy and out there, they can really do anything with this site. it's impossible to know what they are going to do next. i <3 Nintendo...peace

-hiroshi

KoopaKoot

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna have the site up just before its updated and click refresh a minute or so after! :laugh: I remember after seeing the Nintendo World Trailer, I mentioned what I saw and people were like..."Old" :( Not this time!

Pokemaster

Smash Cadet
Okay, first of all, I don't have a clue who the hell Hector is, so I don't see why you brought him up.

2. I said my reason for why I fear Sonic won't be in Brawl. I'm not an idiot, I know he's the most desired, and even Miyamoto, Sakurai, and even Naka said they want him in, but someone envlovled in it (forgot who it was) said something along the lines of "The cards are not on the table" when asked about it, and it was pretty recent. I'm not sure what it means, but it worries me.

As for Mario and Sonic at the Olympic games, I don't care for that. Something less realistic than the Olympic games would of been better, but that proves nothing either way. Some people believe it means Sonic is in Brawl, some believe it's their way of making up for no Sonic in Brawl. Either Nintendo needs to hurry up and comfirm either way, or there will be ALOT of pissed people once Sonic is learned not to be in Brawl.

Old post but anyway

Wikipedia said:
In August 2006, Sakurai and Miyamoto stated that Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog was the most requested third-party character to be included. Around the same period of time, Tips & Tricks reported that Miyamoto has stated Nintendo has actually contacted Sega regarding this, and that they're awaiting a final decision. Then, in the October 2006 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly, he mentioned that "Sega's hedgehog would be the perfect addition to Brawl's cast." An article in the first issue of a Swedish Nintendo Magazine named +N makes a report that the known confirmed characters will be in Brawl, along with Sonic the Hedgehog as a playable character, though the magazine's credibility is questioned. Yojiro Ogawa, the director and producer of Sonic and the Secret Rings was asked by the UK's Official Nintendo Magazine about to see Sonic appear in Nintendo's upcoming Super Smash Bros. Brawl and he said: "In my personal opinion, it would be great to have Sonic in it. But that would really involve Sonic and Nintendo's management, it's nothing to do with me!" Yuji Naka, former head of Sonic Team and the chief of PROPE has said that he wants to see Sonic in the next game. When IGN asked in an interview about the upcoming Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games as to whether Sonic would not be seen appearing in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Nintendo Europe marketing director Laurent Fischer stated, "That's not on the cards at the moment."
If you meant this.
Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros_Brawl

And another clue that Sonic might be in:

Sakurai said:
Not all characters from the previous games will return. Any non-Nintendo character must have appeared on a Nintendo platform before; the tentative number of non-Nintendo characters is 1 or 2 (Snake not included). Our guess is that other character will come from one of Nintendo's closest third-party developers: Namco, Capcom, or Sega. Sakurai, noting that Smash Bros is popular worldwide, does not want the title to feature characters that are only popular in Japan (though given the success of Fire Emblem, that may change).
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/06/05/sakurai-reveals-new-smash-bros-brawl-details/

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
sadly that ads lots of points to a game , but no one realizes that they are all clones except in smash where there are only a few and ppl wanna kill them all xD ( i dont like clones in ssbm >_> )

btw , 5 days of hype life

GenG

Smash Lord
That symbol is日, hi, or day. Just to point that because it seems that a lot of people if asking for that.

Wiwiweb

Smash Journeyman
At the end of the counter, they are going to reveal us... the amount of time we have to wait for the next news. ;)

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
perhaps release date information...?

I think that would be the most exciting news...

Or maybe the game is done already and they are just going to release all information about it on Monday XP

WaterTails

Smash Lord
that'd be nice! then I'd runrunrun out to the mall and reserve (kinda like the wii)

edit: or even better, they release it on Monday!

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
They are going to announce SSBB on the virtual console and you can download it now for free!

Phil Ashio

Smash Cadet
5 days...they'll probably push it back when it comes to the 4th day. My I don't know if I can trust Nintendo release dates anymore, my heart can't take it anymore.

Charzendat

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see SSB on the VC. With the hype wround SSBB being so big why don't they release it now?

I wanna know more about items. We know about characters and stages but not about items.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I would love to see SSB on the VC. With the hype wround SSBB being so big why don't they release it now?

I wanna know more about items. We know about characters and stages but not about items.
Charzendat? From mario heaven. Never thought I'd see you here.

I do think we're all hoping fopr Smash on the VC. Why not, the game kicked major butt. I think a reason they aren't realeseing it now is due to the fact they are mostly releasing 1st party games. Only a few aren't.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
oh look the 4 is slanted LOL

I predict the 3 will be smaller on the top than the bottom

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
Brawl is problably finished by now and if were lucky we might even see a June release....4 days!!! and releasing SSB on the VC would kick so much ***

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If anyone else posts anymore short 1-2 liner posts, I'll star dishing out warnings, close this topic or both.

Warioman

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know what the "8" thats next to the 4 and above the "days" bit is for? in my opinion, i think it looks like a DS...maybe a smash bros ds? or am i just getting overexcited...:confused: (i've just seen the message above...better make this three lines then to be safe hehe)

Warioman!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom