• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I need warnings before i'm permabanned anyway. Ive had probably 50+ smashers from around the world PM me/hub msg me/AIM me etc agreeing with me, just nobody really has the balls to talk trash to OMG KENS brother
seriously, this is about the 4th warning i've given you, yet you keep on posting. you have a serious problem, get out of my thread please. 1 more post coming from you and I am seriously going to ban you. This is your last and final warning.

Obviously you want some sort of attention. Please do that else where, not in my thread.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
God **** I'm annoying Smashboards has changed servers, can't view half the pages :(

Anyway, I live in England but am really considering going to OC3; it just depends on personal problems in my life right now. HOWEVER, the tickets I have found at the moment would get me and a mate to LAX airport on the wednesday before the tourny, which leads me to ask:

-Would i be able to get accomodation? I know i can get accomodation at the tourny as we can sleep there, however I would need somewhere to stay wednesday night.

Also, about donations, I reckon I can donate £50 to *** players (how much that comes to in $, i have NO idea lol), however once again it depends on stuff going on. I will know if i can donate for definate in a couple of days. I want to see Bombsoldier dammit!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
God **** I'm annoying Smashboards has changed servers, can't view half the pages :(

Anyway, I live in England but am really considering going to OC3; it just depends on personal problems in my life right now. HOWEVER, the tickets I have found at the moment would get me and a mate to LAX airport on the wednesday before the tourny, which leads me to ask:

-Would i be able to get accomodation? I know i can get accomodation at the tourny as we can sleep there, however I would need somewhere to stay wednesday night.

Also, about donations, I reckon I can donate £50 to *** players (how much that comes to in $, i have NO idea lol), however once again it depends on stuff going on. I will know if i can donate for definate in a couple of days. I want to see Bombsoldier dammit!
yes, if you are coming all the way from England, then for sure you will get housing that Wednesday. I hope more Europeans come along with you.

And yes, I hope you will see Bombsoldier too. I'm sure he'll love to see you, especially if you told him you came all the way from England.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This tournament is fairly shady sounding, and the only thing saving Manacloud from being the (public) laughingstock of the entire smash community is that he is Ken's brother.

That said, does it matter?

You are going to a tournament that is very special. Ken has gone a long way with OC; it is no longer referenced as "that tournament that is trying to be FC", but instead just another big tournament. He's bringing this giant tournament to life and adding the spice of those mysterious Japanese smashers. I personally don't understand why everyone is in a hubub just because they are Japanese, but hey, it is something interesting and new and they are going at great lengths to be here.

I would bet a lot that they are taking some of the money for their own purposes, but that may very well be food, housing, and plane tickets for the Japanese smashers. You can't really expect people to keep tabs of every cent they use during a tournament when they are just smashers running a tournament. MLG has all of this documented, but these are just grassroots movements. Do you really expect Ken to put on a tie and glasses with a calculator so he can show his figures to some random smasher that decides he should be the one to determine how the money is spent?

Regardless, I wouldn't even care if Ken got a plasma TV after OC. If I was hosting a large tournament, you would be assured that I'd be taking money out of it in some fashion. Granted, it would be spent in advance to buy recording materials or a projector for the tournament, or maybe setting some aside for a side tournamnet like Ironman or Low-tier, but I would still have no problem with it.

It isn't like they are stealing money out of your pocket; what you are putting in is given up front. What this tournament is offering you for $75 is great, so who cares if they make $5 off of every player? Who cares if they make $10?

I was hoping to find a way to go to this (always wanted to visit california), but the ridiculous sum they force you to pay to play Japanese players combined with Manacloud's frequent posting quenched my desire pretty fast.

Personally, I would happily congratulate anyone that profits from a tournament. Making entry fees low enough to where people can come, running a tournament with food, housing, and a generous venue is expensive. If Ken profits off of this, more power to him.

Who knows, maybe if people find a way to profit from tournaments without raising entry fees and lowering prizes, maybe that will give people incentive to hold more?

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
This tournament is fairly shady sounding, and the only thing saving Manacloud from being the (public) laughingstock of the entire smash community is that he is Ken's brother.

That said, does it matter?

You are going to a tournament that is very special. Ken has gone a long way with OC; it is no longer referenced as "that tournament that is trying to be FC", but instead just another big tournament. He's bringing this giant tournament to life and adding the spice of those mysterious Japanese smashers. I personally don't understand why everyone is in a hubub just because they are Japanese, but hey, it is something interesting and new and they are going at great lengths to be here.

I would bet a lot that they are taking some of the money for their own purposes, but that may very well be food, housing, and plane tickets for the Japanese smashers. You can't really expect people to keep tabs of every cent they use during a tournament when they are just smashers running a tournament. MLG has all of this documented, but these are just grassroots movements. Do you really expect Ken to put on a tie and glasses with a calculator so he can show his figures to some random smasher that decides he should be the one to determine how the money is spent?

Regardless, I wouldn't even care if Ken got a plasma TV after OC. If I was hosting a large tournament, you would be assured that I'd be taking money out of it in some fashion. Granted, it would be spent in advance to buy recording materials or a projector for the tournament, or maybe setting some aside for a side tournamnet like Ironman or Low-tier, but I would still have no problem with it.

It isn't like they are stealing money out of your pocket; what you are putting in is given up front. What this tournament is offering you for $75 is great, so who cares if they make $5 off of every player? Who cares if they make $10?

I was hoping to find a way to go to this (always wanted to visit california), but the ridiculous sum they force you to pay to play Japanese players combined with Manacloud's frequent posting quenched my desire pretty fast.

Personally, I would happily congratulate anyone that profits from a tournament. Making entry fees low enough to where people can come, running a tournament with food, housing, and a generous venue is expensive. If Ken profits off of this, more power to him.

Who knows, maybe if people find a way to profit from tournaments without raising entry fees and lowering prizes, maybe that will give people incentive to hold more?
^^ I wonder if this will be deleted.

From what I understand, the core of the smash tournament scene has always been grassroots, DIY stuff. Which makes the lack of transparency and "shady" stuff swirling around in here stand out even more. Not allowing camcorders, charging a FEE to play SMASH BROTHER PLAYERS (no matter where they're from), this seems more and more like a corporate event and less and less like a smash tournament. Reminds me of celebrities charging for autographs.
Attempting to silence all voices saying this is the wrong approach, too, as debate can be healthy.
I live on the other side of the country so I won't be going, but I hope all this debate has made people on both sides stop and think. peace.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
^^ I wonder if this will be deleted.

From what I understand, the core of the smash tournament scene has always been grassroots, DIY stuff. Which makes the lack of transparency and "shady" stuff swirling around in here stand out even more. Not allowing camcorders, charging a FEE to play SMASH BROTHER PLAYERS (no matter where they're from), this seems more and more like a corporate event and less and less like a smash tournament. Reminds me of celebrities charging for autographs.
Attempting to silence all voices saying this is the wrong approach, too, as debate can be healthy.
I live on the other side of the country so I won't be going, but I hope all this debate has made people on both sides stop and think. peace.
Nothing wrong with a little capitalism. They want to sell a DVD; camcorders and rampant VCR recording kind of undercut sales. They might want to go around with a camcorder and then show everybody what the tournament was like. Does have a bitter taste though.

Personally, I think that they should just sell them via the internet. More profit, no shipping, more impulse buys.

Ken, if you end up wanting to sell them online I would be able to give you hosting.

KishSquared

Smash Master
I want to personally say that I don't find this tournament shady at all. I know what it takes to run a large tournament, and $15,000 (200 people at $75) isn't enough to do everything we want to do in the Midwest. They're running an event in California, which has a MUCH higher cost of living, and they're doing what they have to do to recoup losses. A host should never need to pay for tournament expenses out of his own pocket.

People should stop posting negative things in this thread. If you don't agree with how they're doing things, then don't post and don't go. I heard nothing but good things about OC2, and I don't doubt that OC3 will be as high of quality.

Props to Ken for getting Bombsoldier confirmed. I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

Goron3

Smash Apprentice
yes, if you are coming all the way from England, then for sure you will get housing that Wednesday. I hope more Europeans come along with you.

And yes, I hope you will see Bombsoldier too. I'm sure he'll love to see you, especially if you told him you came all the way from England.
Awesome. Housing was my only concern. The only problem now is getting this by my parents; im 17 but i swear my mum thinks i'm 10 lol.

Even if I can't there this year, hopefully they'll be one for Brawl. It'd suck if people stopped attending tournies as often just because it's going to be online.

Thanks again ken. You and manacloud (and all the other people) go through so much effort to get OC tournies to happen. Hopefully it'll turn out great :D

Now to hope i'm allowed to order my tickets....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I want to personally say that I don't find this tournament shady at all. I know what it takes to run a large tournament, and $15,000 (200 people at $75) isn't enough to do everything we want to do in the Midwest. They're running an event in California, which has a MUCH higher cost of living, and they're doing what they have to do to recoup losses. A host should never need to pay for tournament expenses out of his own pocket.

People should stop posting negative things in this thread. If you don't agree with how they're doing things, then don't post and don't go. I heard nothing but good things about OC2, and I don't doubt that OC3 will be as high of quality.

Props to Ken for getting Bombsoldier confirmed. I'm looking forward to hearing the results.
Didn't really think about the cost of living thing.

Also, forward gets a nickel.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
I plan on going to this but I'm not registering until I'm sure. But uh, what if we're not planning on doing doubles or crews? what do we do on those two days lol. if i need to i can try and find someone to do doubles with but i dunno about crews.

edit/ if this has already been answered, sorry for asking again. i don't want to read 30 pages or use the crappy search thing

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Awesome. Housing was my only concern. The only problem now is getting this by my parents; im 17 but i swear my mum thinks i'm 10 lol.

Even if I can't there this year, hopefully they'll be one for Brawl. It'd suck if people stopped attending tournies as often just because it's going to be online.

Thanks again ken. You and manacloud (and all the other people) go through so much effort to get OC tournies to happen. Hopefully it'll turn out great :D

Now to hope i'm allowed to order my tickets....
I hope tournies don't stop because of brawl. I love local play, thats what makes smash so fun, plus the community is great, and to shut us down would be weak. Hopefully you can go to OC3, its gonna be a blast I know it.

I plan on going to this but I'm not registering until I'm sure. But uh, what if we're not planning on doing doubles or crews? what do we do on those two days lol. if i need to i can try and find someone to do doubles with but i dunno about crews.
I need a doubles partner too, if you don't find anyone I'll be here XD

Atlus8

Smash Master
I didn't attend 0C1, but I went to 0C2 and I'm making the rest of the videos from that tournament whch should be released before 0C3.

Should I make it to 0C3 (about a 50% chance because of ridiculous flight costs and busyness), I'll be glad to get some help from you if you wouldn't mind setting up crowd and misc. footage. GCII will probably help us as well, since he's generally awesome.

I'm generally way too trustworthy, so if manacloud finds some funny business he may intervene :) LOL
Well then I really hope you can make this.

Also, I think someone should mention something about brining alcohol beverages into the venue and there may be a smoker or two out there. (Don't know any smokers, but you never know.)

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
Nothing wrong with a little capitalism.
I was kind of implying that there WAS something wrong with it in this type of scene, esp if they're not upfront about making $$ off of it. (not saying that this is what ken & co. are doing)

Good points. Like I said, getting this out in the open can only be good for the community, as long as cooler heads prevail. Personally I can't understand charging $20 to play one person but that's just me, and pretty much my biggest/only issue with 0C3. I can't imagine how much time and work and $$ goes into it, and if there's an 0C4 featuring SSBB I'll hopefully go. I'll stop spamming now.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
man i can't wait for this to happen im from vegas and the vegas players only stay in vegas and play vegas tourneys, but now about twenty vegas smashers are coming to this outstanding tourney. I hope that we can get far in this tourney. As i the # one smasher in vegas sk92, im gonna have a hella of a challenge, but it'll be fun. I give thanx for the person who sets up the oc tourneys. THANX

jon playa

Smash Cadet
I am a drinker/ smoker. Will I be allowed to drink at the venue? I understand that I must smoke outside the venue. Thank you.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Expect something like:

Manacloud said:
If you need to smoke, do it outside, off the property. Last year we had people smoking close to the entrance, and it smelled really bad. Do it far from the entrance, or you'll get a warning. Two warning and you will be kicked out from the venue.

NO DRINKING ALLOWED! If I see anyone with alcohol on site, they will get kicked out with NO REFUND!
Yeah, this is probably what he's going to say since I believe OC3 will be in a pimped out castle with Ahhnold and Lindsay Lohan.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
Thank you for Mana's post. I am 26 and didnt know that those were the rules. On the other hand, I cant wait to hit on Ms. Lohan....

LOL

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
Expect something like:

Manacloud said:
If you need to smoke, do it outside, off the property. Last year we had people smoking close to the entrance, and it smelled really bad. Do it far from the entrance, or you'll get a warning. Two warning and you will be kicked out from the venue.

NO DRINKING ALLOWED! If I see anyone with alcohol on site, they will get kicked out with NO REFUND!
DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH A LIQUOR LICENSE IN THE PRESCENCE OF SO MANY MINOR AND ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT COSTS!!! IN CALI NO LESS IN CASE SOMEONE FORGOT. AND IT'LL COST YOU AT LEAST 50 MORE DOLLAR IF YOU WANT TO SMOKE WITHIN A 10mile AREA OF THE VENUE. THE WAREHOUSE DOESNT HAVE THE INSURANCE FOR SMOKING blahblahblahblahblah
Yeah, this is probably what he's going to say since I believe OC3 will be in a pimped out castle with Ahhnold and Lindsay Lohan.
fixed.

listen to plairnk you guys.

Stryk9

Smash Journeyman
why do people cry so much about flaming on this forum.

welcome to the internet, its all in good fun.

I just thought it was cowardly to edit my posts.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
Wow, people are being lame.

Let's just get back to the topic at hand...

BOMB SOLDIER IS COMING ALL THE WAY TO CALIFORNIA.......

JUST TO LOSE TO THE ULTIMATE FALCO SLAYING SAMUS

LETS DO THIS ****!!!

Needless to say, I'm excited about playing Bombsoldier.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
oh bombsoilder is coming to cali.
IS HE REALLY? CUZ IF HE IS THEN I WOULD WANT TO FALCO DITTO HIM.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol nice way to change my post

fixed.

listen to plairnk you guys.
Jon playa your new to the scene. So Ill tell you how it works.
This is a video game tournament. Like mlg , you do not come bringing a six pack of beers getting drunk. Liability is an issue. If you want to get drunk do it on your own time. So do not bring any. As for smoking if your going to do it , go outside and respect the venue. We do not want smoke filling up the inside. And I am sure the owner wouldnt appreciate it as well. He has merchandise on the other side of the venue, which could smell like cigarettes if everyone started smoking on the inside.

Stryk9 this is your 2nd warning. If you are not going to attend the tournament stfu. You have no business here and just like to start crap. You can go to plainrk' s house and talk about how you both have a lot of free time.

I want to point out why bombsoldier agreed to go in the first place:

1) he trusts ken and me
2) we promise to take care of him and his brother meaning they will listen to us.
3) after oc2 some japanese were insulted by the way americans acted after beating them. Childish you can say.
4) after our trip to japan we formed a good relationship with them meaning it wasnt easy to form this.
5) You can see why japanese people do not like americans or guys like stryk9 or plainrk. Immature, talk **** for no reason and just want to play smash or want videos of the top players. No contributions what so ever and a waste of life and time.
6) Ticket prices. Bombsoldier and discsan thought americans would help to their cost of comming. In the beginning we thought we would gather enough to cover both their plane tickets. Nobody was willing to donate. mew2king was our highest offer then backed down to 150. Their tickets are 2700 combined. One brother cannot go without the other, bombsoldier is too young. With that said bombsoldier had a window of opportunity to go if his tickets were bought. And thats what we did. Now he is abled to go after we sat down for hours working things out. Meaning hes only going because of us. In the beginning I thought myself american smashers would care enough to donate to them. Only to understand, before when ticket prices were 800 nobody even then was willing to donate. The excuse i got was oc3 doesnt even have a venue why donate. I have tried my best to gather donations and failed only be be ridiculed. If you went back to the earlier pages of this thread you will see people write," forget the japanese," with that said it is evident nobody cared. Now with a venue and bombsoldier going why am i still getting complaints and no donations towards their cause?

So with all that said...

So why does it cost money to play them? Simple, the underlying fact is your paying for their tickets. It shows you care, even if the match was best out of 3. Might change depending on situation to best out of 5. It is a donation. 20 bucks to come and play them isnt bad compared to flying there. On top of that another 10 to get it recorded. Is it expensive? Yes, but its a way to help them with their tickets, nothing more. Will everyone play them? Nope. For all who are arguing about this, just dont play them. Problem solved, otherwise stfu. Am I making profit? Hell no, their tickets are 2700. If 20 people played them, thats only 20 x 20 = 400 bucks. No where close to 2700. And the cost of feeding them and driving them around. If you do not understand that these guys have NO money on them than do not post. You dont have facts, you dont know the situation, and you dont know how hard it was to get them here. Do not ruin it for the rest of us.

Lastly, for some reason people like to pin point this issue on me. Oc3 is ran by staff. It is our tournament. We are providing an experience of one in a life times greatest smash bros melee tournaments ever held in california. We have done our best to bring the japanese and succeeded hoping to expand smash for **** like plainrk and stryk9. After insults like this why do I even bother anymore, or the staff. Because I know no matter if we are like or hated, we are still making smash happen.

For the rest who support us thanks, and I hope you enjoy oc3.

HugS

Smash Champion
Southern California (818) San fernando valley
I have a question for ken and mana. I have had trouble keeping up with this thread, but I want to know what is going on for crews.

I remember reading something where ken mentioned that the US wont be seperated into regions, but united as one crew. If so, have any decisions been made as to who will be playing or not?

araknophobik

Smash Master
Plairnkk, you dont even want to go. so stfu. because if you didnt want to go....then you wouldnt care right? oh wait....

so i have decided im gonna go to this shizz. bring 100 bucks. drop 75 on the fees, and hopefully work my way back up to even. or maybe break even and i can donate to the japanese and play a few matches.

massive slumber party with smashers? see what the deal is with that bombsoldier dude? see that sexy red Marth for possiblt the last time? i guess i just cant pass it up. leave melee with the first of a few big bangs.

1,111 post.....that means im getting 1st ^.^
if rofl's going, then ill go
i didn't want to be the only socal peep on mana's bad list to attend
and ken/mike, im willing to help pick up people if they fly in from the ontario air port. its about 15min from where i live

manacloud1

Smash Champion
well

if rofl's going, then ill go
i didn't want to be the only socal peep on mana's bad list to attend
and ken/mike, im willing to help pick up people if they fly in from the ontario air port. its about 15min from where i live
ive mentioned this and ill mention it again. Oc3 was created for everyone to attend. Aesis was only banned because I was banned from ucla. After some thought I didnt want to hold him back as well, there was no point. I wanted oc3 to be a huge tournament with everyone gathered, a tournament where all the top players brought their skills, and played. So Nobody is banned.

araknophobik, you said you were willing to help pick up people from ontario airport, I do not know if its a good or bad idea. People complain about everything, meaning if you happen to screw up its us on the line. In addition, ontario airport isnt one of the listed airports posted by us meaning if people fly in there, its up to them to find a ride to the venue and wouldnt be our fault for their problems. Meaning if you pick them up expect a handful of trouble. Thus, I will discuss this with staff before replying back to you.

Hugs - Ken wanted to do an international crew meaning the usa is one crew. However this might be an issue now since the japanese only have 2 comming from japan. Being bombsoldier and discsan. More would have came if we would have offered them more donations earlier. Like when oc3 first started asking for donations. We would have gottened like atleast ten japanese.Smashers that we lost at oc3 because of lack of donations were(rain,hiko,shu,thunders,masashi, aniki, fumi, and a lot more random smashers) All who were willing to go. Right now if more people are willing to donate we can get (sroyal, their best marth player, and captain jack to go) otherwise thats it. I tried my *** off to get donations and failed and now all we got is bombsoldier and disc. So International crews is still up in the air, the staff has to discuss whether we might or not might have it. If we dont have it, it will give the staff more time to finish regular crews ,which is still helpful to us in completing the tournament on time and less stressful.

lastly -

Its that time of the year again. For a special contest. I do not see enough OC3 banners so its time for a contest.

Contest participants must be registered for oc3 to participate. Winners will be selected before Oc3 and announced in this thread. Winners must then send me,ken,arash a pm with their name and address etc, where we will verify you at the event. If winners failed to do so, than at the event they will not receive their prizes.

Contest rules
----------------
1) Banners must be made by you using any program you want. (no paying people to make you banners also. No using images by other people. Nintendo images are fine. Hand drawn images are a plus, shows creativity. Digital manipulations are allowed.

2) the text "OC-3 Zero challenge" must be on it

3) Banners must be about OC3 in the theme of california. (Meaning sunsets ,hot girls etc)

4)You must put the OC-3 banner in your profile until the day of the event (otherwise judging will be quite tough)
5) your banner must link to this thread
--------------------------------------
PRIZES!!!
-------------------
first place - an oc3 t shirt and one game with bombsoldier
second place - one game with bombsoldier
third place - one game with disc san bombsoldiers brother 2nd best marth in japan
-------------
Judges ( Me, Ken, Arash, Helen, Caotic)

let the fun begin?

LunInSpectra

Smash Lord
stackoverflow.com/users/1459556/rey-gonzales
Its that time of the year again. For a special contest. I do not see enough OC3 banners so its time for a contest.

Contest rules
----------------
1) Banners must be made by you using any program you want. (no paying people to make you banners also. No using images by other people. Nintendo images are fine. Hand drawn images are a plus, shows creativity. Digital manipulations are allowed.

2) the text "OC-3 Zero challenge" must be on it

3) Banners must be about OC3 in the theme of california. (Meaning sunsets ,hot girls etc)

4)You must put the OC-3 banner in your profile until the day of the event (otherwise judging will be quite tough)
5) your banner must link to this thread
--------------------------------------
PRIZES!!!
-------------------
first place - an oc3 t shirt and one game with bombsoldier
second place - one game with bombsoldier
third place - one game with disc san bombsoldiers brother 2nd best marth in japan
-------------
Judges ( Me, Ken, Arash, Helen, Caotic)

let the fun begin?
How about a shirt and a recorded set with bombsoldier?

SK92

Smash Journeyman
FOR MANACLOUD

Do we have to donate to play a japanese player like bombsoldiers brother?
and if how much, because i would be willing to donate in order to play these guys; especially bombsoldier.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
A few things.

Mana, even if people are acting like idiots, don't stoop to their level and call them ****.

Secondly, I told myself I wouldn't say anything about donations, but here I go anyway.
I keep reading all these posts, and I can't help but to just feel bad. I see all this "give donations, you're not giving donations, they are poor, we are poor, etc." but a lot of people do not have money to come to this yet, they are making an appearance at OC3.

I got a job at a video game testing company, and I'm jumping on any shift they give me to get enough money for this. I might have to borrow money from my folks. Then again, I don't think everyone from the US is rich, unless it's like in the movies which I doubt.

I personally think that donations, in the strict sense of the word, are meant to be given out of charity. I'll probably give something for the japanese, and I do realize that a lot of sacrifice has been made for them to come. Nonetheless, I don't want to meet smashers, I want to meet people, and no one is better than anyone here when it comes to humanoid lifeforms.

This being said, I have to reiterate that I'm really looking forward to OC3, to see people have fun, meet people I haven't seen in a while, etc. I do not feel attachment to Bombsoldier unlike most people here who want to see him because he is th4 13337 F4LK0. I'm gonna see him, bust some crappy japanese cuz I'm a japanese wannabe, be respectful just like I am with everyone I meet, and that's it. If he's a cool guy, then yay happy! (but then again most japanese youngster are hip & cool). Apparently, S-Royal is pretty cool as well, he even posted in the BC thread. As for Disc-san, I don't know much about him, but I'm not the type to discriminate.

So yeah, that's the jist of it. Ignore the people who diss you, you can ask for donations, but don't go on a guilt trip 75% of the time, it's not fun for some people. Most people are willing to help, some can and others can't. You have to take account of that.

Hell, I'd do something stupid like shave my legs for 400$. That's like 2 dollars per person.

_milktea

Smash Lord
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BANNER CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Excited*.

So when's the deadline :3? And can I make more than one? ^_^

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
FOR MANACLOUD

Do we have to donate to play a japanese player like bombsoldiers brother?
and if how much, because i would be willing to donate in order to play these guys; especially bombsoldier.
this was already answered at least 5x in this thread
L2READ

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
How about a costume contest?

Anyway, about paying to play the Japanese, it is nothing short of genius. How many people do you think want to play them? EVERYONE. So how do you decide who gets to play and who doesn't? Everyone pays to enter this tournament, so why should the Japanese be limited to just playing the people who are considered "worthy" or "good enough?" If that's the way it is, then this isn't a tournament for the entire community. It's a tournament just for the few top players......which is boring. Allowing ANYONE to play them is a great idea; but then EVERYONE is going to want to play them, and realistically there just isn't enough time for that. So how do you filter out who gets to play and who doesn't? You charge them. This gives everyone (not just top players) a chance to play them. This also makes up for the cost of plane tickets and the cost of running such a large tournament. Trust me, I'm a businessman.

If you think Ken and Mana are going to make a giant profit out of this, then how do you know that they're not going to use that profit to hold another tournament and fly even more Japanese players down here? Ken already spent so much of his own money for the love of Smash, so why would you not trust his decisions?

0-C tournaments always give the community what they want: More competition from around the world. Obviously that's what people want and as long as people are willing to pay the prices to get what they want, why wouldn't Ken and Mana continue to give everyone what they want with the 0-C3? There's nothing shady about it. They have a good idea going for them so why would they try to screw everyone over all of a sudden and lose the trust of the people who are willing to pay big bucks to come to their tournament? They wouldn't. This type of thinking is dumb.

Honestly, I hope they do make a huge profit and decide to use that profit to hold an even bigger tournament and fly more Japanese players down here. ::crosses fingers::

nublet06

Smash Lord
the pricing is actually pretty simple.

come to LA, stay 3 nights somewhere.....and eat some food each day.

unless you sleep on a cardboard box and outside of McDonalds and eat off the value menu.....your not gonna stay under 75$

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
the banner contest sounds fun, I am going to enter. Couple questions though, when is the deadline? Are multiple entries allowed? How do we enter our banner, do we make it and send it to you or just put it up as our banner and post in this thread? and are animations allowed? Also I agree with lunin to have first place be a recorded set with bombsoldier. A t shirt is not exactly a huge leap from 2nd to 1st prize.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
uh oh

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BANNER CONTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *Excited*.

So when's the deadline :3? And can I make more than one? ^_^
lilians entering the contest, everyone better make good banners. =).

first off, chester when someone accuses you of profiting money you arent its an insult after all the hard work youve put into the tournament to make it successful. I just speak my mind when it comes to it and it maybe harsh at times. So now im done with it and will be focusing more on this contest and peoples questions.

secondly, with the banner competition this is how its going to work. You are allowed to do animations. You are allowed to make more then one, however the banner that is in your signature will be your final submission. Meaning the one you post in your signature before july 20th. So basically you're submitting one.

What I do not want. This thread is strictly to answer peoples questions in oc3. So i dont want people posting a list of their banners in here to have people critique it. Please post it in the art emporium to have people comment there. We will judge directly off the thread in the art emporium called post your banners. However do not forget that banners also must be in your signature with a direct link to this thread. Any more questions ill be happy to answer them.

About the prizes. Previously there was only going to be one winner ,meaning no 2nd and third place. However, since we made a second and third place, the prizes stand as it is. Meaning would u want only one winner being allowed to have a t shirt, bombsoldier and a recorded match. Or 3 winners as listed before you. If you want the match to be recorded just pay the ten dollars after you win. Its not much youve already got a match with bombsolder and a 25 dollar shirt. I would worry more about winning and less about the prizes, there are a lot of banner making fanactics going to oc3. =).

link to the thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2473332#post2473332

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom