• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.C

Smash Master
All i hear is gay coming from everyone who supports mana or who ever was involved in stealing m2k's money, charging to watch smash and playing certain people.

Your all going to hell congrats.

Binx

Smash Master
thats some pretty weak prize support, I can understand making a profit but any more than like 3000 profit should have been put back into prizes.

Lesheik

Smash Lord
Wow, that's crazy.. So where'd the other money go? I guess it's a good thing I didn't go, I wouldn't have gotten my money all in my hand :(

Ian

Smash Ace
And in case anyone didn't read my post before this, M2K got a negative amount in this tournament even after coming 2nd place at the hugest smash tournament ever. $200 - plane ticket + entrance fee + other random **** = negative.

InfernoOmni (18:58): good job friend
InfernoOmni (18:58): here's your prize: http://youtube.com/watch?v=0c3CMf6KcgM
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:07): -_-
InfernoOmni (19:08): "I FOUND THE HENTAI!"
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:08): i didnt watch
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:08): i didnt even get my prize money -_-
InfernoOmni (19:09): ...? you're kidding
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): manacloud didnt give it to me
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): and my plane was about to be late anyway
InfernoOmni (19:10): wtf, okay so
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): i only got 200 of it
InfernoOmni (19:10): and when did he say he'd send the rest?
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): that was the worst tournament ive ever been to
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): i dont know he didnt say anything
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): everyone else got theirs in hand
InfernoOmni (19:11): you talk to anyone else about this
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): no 1 can done thing about it
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): do any
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:11): so i dunno w/e
InfernoOmni (19:12): wtf, yea they can
InfernoOmni (19:13): how much did he keep from you
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): well first got 1200
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): 2nd 650
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:13): so 450
InfernoOmni (19:14): wow
InfernoOmni (19:14): low prize moneys
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): ya
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=2624896&postcount=2491
OOVideoGameGodOO (19:15): its a big scam
InfernoOmni (19:19): wow

I guess someone believed they deserved 2nd place, not M2K.
I kind of don't believe this...m2k pc and chu split their money I'm sure that pc chris woudl have noticed somthing and talked to mana af m2k didn't have his full amount of money. Also I would be a little sour towards Manacloud if he just stiffed me and they were talking after the event so I dunno =/

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Yea uh theoretically Mana and Ken raked in a lot of money.

Those prize money distributions are shameful for such a big tourney. M2K got jiffed. Weren't the prize money distribs mentioned before the tourney? the heck? who was monitoring over all this? nobody?

First Smash Tourney scandal. Roflmao. This is very concerning. The prize money should have been entrusted to someone unbiased from the beginning to ensure the people will get it regardless whether ken and Mana incur a loss. This is how things work in the real world.

And now Ken and Mana resign from Melee?

Fonz

Smash Ace
Those prize money distributions are shameful for such a big tourney. M2K got jiffed. Weren't the prize money distribs mentioned before the tourney? the heck? who was monitoring over all this? nobody?
Plank posted from an alternate account for a reason, Ken banned him for his posts in here raising these very questions. A bunch of people brought them up.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
I kind of don't believe this...m2k pc and chu split their money I'm sure that pc chris woudl have noticed somthing and talked to mana af m2k didn't have his full amount of money. Also I would be a little sour towards Manacloud if he just stiffed me and they were talking after the event so I dunno =/
Yes they decided to split the $2100 3 ways equally, giving PC Chris $1200 and chu dat $300

It all makes perfect sense to me.

The Game II

Smash Champion
now why cant The Game's level of professionalism equate to the actual OC3 staff.

I say the kishes make it their job running tournaments and that people pay for them to run their tournaments..
I was thinking of starting a business doing that, but then I thought of the Web site first, lol

--GCII

Mr.C

Smash Master
this is ****ing gay
****ing ***** *** *****es ****ing *** holes ****ing ****** *** **** sucking hoes
little ***** *** mother ****ing *** ****** **** **** cant believe this ****

Jem.

Smash Master
So they don't even feel bad about making Mew2King fly over to get second in the biggest tournament, and go home with less money than it took to fly over?

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Plank didn't consider gas money in picking up people from airports and any compensation to staff members (assuming they got any).

But I can't imagine that amounting to $5800.

I wouldn't begrudge Ken/Mana for making a profit, but just judging from what I see on the web, this tournament was poorly run and paid less prizes than OC2. That seems to be the real disappointment.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
First Smash Tourney scandal. Roflmao. This is very concerning. The prize money should have been entrusted to someone unbiased from the beginning to ensure the people will get it regardless whether ken and Mana incur a loss. This is how things work in the real world.
actually, the first tournament scandal was PAWS of December 2005, when NEO came down and was promised a boatload of money, and instead was treated to roughly 330+ dollars for first place, overpriced food, and a plane ticket that was more than all his winnings.

estimated profit was 1000 dollars for that tournament, opposed to the not even 400 for first place.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Wow and people say I am a bad host. Ok Manacloud I believe I saw earlier that first prize would be better then last year >1200 doesn't seem so now does it.

$21,000 in the pot and you guys couldn't even make it worth more of the top 3's time? What did 4th place get like $11,000??? What a load. Also I am wondering what did one person who place 33rd get? Like $10,000?? (FYI Ken got 4th and Mana 33rd)

Hmmm. Did top 5 even make their money back for the 3 days and plane tickets? or were they just given a free ticket that allows you to be able to buy the OC3 DVD for like $200 and then have it sent to you first and get it before everyone get's theirs which with Mana's intelligence is gonna be the weekend before OC4.

Ken = Champion of Smash? or Champion of Scam?
Mana = Champion of Suck? or Champion of Suck and Scam?

samdaballer

Smash Ace
this sh** is gay im glad mana and ken stopped playing probably after m2k handed kens a** to him after some ken combos, so lets just get the vids up, and great job game for the blog, and i too wish that you should run some tourneys with your professional way of doing things

Shiri

Smash Chump
i like how this thread went from skepticism, to slight harrassment, to demanding answers, to an all out war against ken and mana within the span of 30 minutes.
:yoshi: Don't even act like you didn't expect this, ROFLLLLLLLLLLL~

P.c. Chris

Smash Lord
I split money with m2k but what happened was he owned me 500$ from fc so i just gave him a 150$ to make it about even but im not sure what happened with his money situation i think he recived it im not sure tho. the money thing is a bit shady but regardless i think everyone had fun at the tournament and thats all that matters.

chillindude829

Smash Master
pc you're being way too nice. 280 entrants and the winner gets $1200? How is that even possible? Manacloud is raking in smashers' money, and this has gone from being a suspicious event to being an outright scam.

Bailey

Smash Hero
I split money with m2k but what happened was he owned me 500$ from fc so i just gave him a 150$ to make it about even but im not sure what happened with his money situation i think he recived it im not sure tho. the money thing is a bit shady but regardless i think everyone had fun at the tournament and thats all that matters.

This is why this man is God. He could get cheated outta thousands of dollars and say it was fun. PC I <33 you.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
"OOVideoGameGodOO (19:10): that was the worst tournament ive ever been to"

AnujSuper9

Smash Lord
Drama drama drama...
We could spend all day complaining but that doesn't accomplish anything. **** happens, learn from it. That's it.

Anyway, good seeing everyone again if I saw you again, good meeting you if it was the first time we met, hope to see most of you again in the future. Good **** yaaaaaalllllssss!
Oh, and if anyone was there fortunate enough to see us leave and witness the legendary CoK-out, you should consider yourself fortunate. For those of you that missed it, it looked much like this:

Rock out with the CoK-OUT!!

Oh, and chillindude829, you're still a *****. :D

The Game II

Smash Champion
this sh** is gay im glad mana and ken stopped playing probably after m2k handed kens a** to him after some ken combos, so lets just get the vids up, and great job game for the blog, and i too wish that you should run some tourneys with your professional way of doing things
I used to run tournaments - most notably the Monterey Bay Thunder series that featured Melee, DDR and Mario Kart (seven tournaments in all). But I decided that I wasn't having any more fun running and competing in tournaments, so I stopped in August 2006.

How that translated into me creating a news web site, I'll probably never figure that out.

--GCII

SuperRad

Smash Master
well, i have absolutely no sympathy for mana.

some similar ****ty things happened at nct2, where ken didn't get all of his money right away and mana turned it into a crusade against karthik and kizzo, who were in charge of the money.
there was also a similar venue problem, which meant that singles had to be rushed through. mana suggested we put karthik in the middle of the room and all take one kick at him. he later said he was joking, but either way he was a ****.

i don't think anyone is surprised by the dickery that comes from manacloud by now, but this is ridiculous. personally, it isn't about ken and mana pocketing some cash. i think it's more important that people get the money they deserve.
tang and ss receiving 150 each? i dont know how they traveled, but i doubt that they made any money off this tournament. that's just unacceptable for someone who finished 3rd over a hundred other teams.

cablepuff

Smash Ace
Disclaimer: I am not defending anyone nor attacking anyone.

actually those people who complain.. should read first page first...

Spectator's fee:
$50.00. Covers to spectate for all events, as well as food and housing (see below)

Entry fee:
$75.00. Covers entry fees for all events, as well as food and housing (see below)
Thus the difference between entry fee and spectating fee is $25. And $25 covers prizes for all events.. and as we know there is. Lets just say people got money for crews.
$10 for crew, $10 for teams, $5 for single (per person to go to cash prize...)

so lets say teams.. 280 people,...$2800 to the pot. so if the pay is 60 percent first prize, 30 percent second, and 10 percent third, third place only gets $280 or $140 each......or $150 in case of ss and tang.

so single.. since its $5 per person so $1400.. lets say its 60, 30 10. so mew2king should be getting $420 not $200.....

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman

This post should end the criticism. If the winner of the tournament doesn't mind the prize money, who are you to judge? It's not like you guys won and want more money. I had a great time there, and apparently so did Pc.

BTW Pc, I was the guy in the room with that super old computer lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom