• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Game II

Smash Champion
hey glenn:

On your sig, where it says "Get constant updates of The OC3 this weekend on our live blog." with the "our live blog" being hyperlinked, I think you should change the link from

<http://www.getyourtournament.com/melee/oc3blog.html>

to

<http://getyourtournament.blogspot.com/>

unless there is something I don't know going on here LOL.
That's merely a business move, so that when I speak to companies next week, I can give them an accurate total of visitors and hits. I don't have an (accurate) site tracker on blogger.

--GCII

edited for clarity

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well, taking into the account that ken practically invented the entire genre of marth gameplay i'd say he's definately the best. Up throw, down air doesnt make you some sort of god.
M2K reinvented his edgeguarding game as well as started using more obscure combos more frequently (like up-tilt Dair). Obviously he didn't invent as much as Ken as Ken has been maining Marth since the beginning, but that doesn't mean M2K hasn't invented anything, and it doesn't mean that Ken is better than M2K.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Well, taking into the account that ken practically invented the entire genre of marth gameplay i'd say he's definately the best. Up throw, down air doesnt make you some sort of god.
Innovation does not equal best. Ken has to step up his game and beat M2K in his own game if he still wants to keep the title of King of Smash.

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
Innovation does not equal best. Ken has to step up his game and beat M2K in his own game if he still wants to keep the title of King of Smash.
innovation always deserves respect, but not an automatic winning title for it. Where is wobbles who started his innovative wobble technique? Im sure not in the gutter, but i don't know what he placed in his last tourny of if he even still plays.

M2K is too good.

Will all these videos be on Youtube/Google eventually? Or will it just be DVD?

Because I want to see this ****.
last year they asked people not to upload them to youtube or other video sharing sites. so that they can sell them.. i don't know how moral of a move that is. because most people upload them with no problems. but they do have a right because it's their place, and the money you pay goes to a good cause, the next OC

Phrozn

Smash Journeyman
innovation always deserves respect, but not an automatic winning title for it. Where is wobbles who started his innovative wobble technique? Im sure not in the gutter, but i don't know what he placed in his last tourny of if he even still plays.

M2K is too good.

Will all these videos be on Youtube/Google eventually? Or will it just be DVD?

Because I want to see this ****.
last year they asked people not to upload them to youtube or other video sharing sites. so that they can sell them.. i don't know how moral of a move that is. because most people upload them with no problems. but they do have a right because it's their place, and the money you pay goes to a good cause, the next OC

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wobbles only was the first to use the technique in tournament. It's been around for...what? 3 years?

Ken does need to win this to show he is still the best, especially after the rest of the country has spent the last 6 months beating each other up (EVO, CAT, Smashtallity, Farmingdale, Pound, FC, the list goes on).

sweetxignorance

Smash Apprentice
Ken does need to win this to show he is still the best, especially after the rest of the country has spent the last 6 months beating each other up (EVO, CAT, Smashtallity, Farmingdale, Pound, FC, the list goes on).
Yeah, that's true. As much as I want Ken to win this, it doesn't seem all too possible now.
Oh well.

GO KEN.

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
Ken Isai Disc and Mana are just ****in with Mew2king. They wanna make him feel like the man so in the singles tourney they can turn him into a woman again. That's it. I know it.

WHO THE **** AGREES!

P.S TSE TSE if brilliant as hell. so is virgilijus

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
i say JEREMEY should make his ****ing comeback and own some *****es and claim second place next to ken again. ANYONE KNOW WHAT IM ****ING TALKING ABOUT!??!

Kop

Smash Rookie
I'm rooting for Ken and Bombsoldier in this tourney. There my ****ing idols. GO KEN!!!! SHOW THE WORLD YOUR STILL #1!

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
kop you're ****ing cool too.. except you spelled idol wrong but it's ok because other ppl are just being noobs. Ken proved himself already. He invented everything, so i don't give a ****. Ken is gonna KEN-DASH HIS MOTHA ****ING WAY TO VICTORY!

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT &lt;3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
I am guessing results will be m2k, pc then chu. Ken is probably not gonna make top 4, legitimate tourney hosting johns. Can't wait to hear everyone's reaction when BS gets destroyed, I don't see Ken/BS team getting top 5. Who is PC teaming with? M2K/Chu most likely have this, too bad the PC/Cort combo isn't there to stop them. Actually, the Isai/King thing sounds promising.

They should've sent m2k first in crews final, he'd probably 4 stock BS and therefore take out the whole crew by himself. ^_^

Edit: lol, last year or two east crew had already been dominate, 2007, the dominance just reaches a whole new level.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
WHy's every body being so harsh on Bombsoldier? The kid and his brother come half way across the world after such an ordeal and some of you guys just start flaying him. We know he isn't the best Falco in the world, but you don't have to grind that into any wounds; he's just a kid :)

PandaX

Smash Lord
Someone needs to shut that idiot up.

M2k is a cool guy to chill with and so is Chu. Why people would hate on them is unknown to me. Why people would hate on ken, it's because of mana really.

I don't really care who wins it as I just wanna see good matches. I'm sad to call myself someone from the west coast as we have people like aznspikes here.

Be sure to visit again after the tournament EC as you know panda can **** the sites in cali. I know cali too well!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
2 week suspension in trade for? And its not like I'm a super strict mod or anything.

Here is to hoping the brackets aren't terribly skewed, Pound 2 probably had the worst brackets ever (the top 5-10 players all located in one half of the bracket...except Chillin).

TheMintyCookie

Smash Journeyman
I mean... what's wrong with me rooting for ken?

You're sad to say you're from the west coast because someone from the west coast is proud he's from the west coast?

PandaX

Smash Lord
You're a spammer, you keep trolling, It's fine to root for ken, but all you do is keep spamming.

Do us a favor and at least give reason to post instead of just filling pages with the same spamful crap.

Listen, this isn't the thread or the place for this subject. Stop spamming and just wait for the results like everyone else. Stop making johns about how west coast and BS LET M2k win. They got ***** and that's all there is to it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
WHy's every body being so harsh on Bombsoldier? The kid and his brother come half way across the world after such an ordeal and some of you guys just start flaying him. We know he isn't the best Falco in the world, but you don't have to grind that into any wounds; he's just a kid :)
They're being harsh on him because ken and manacloud hyped him up to ridiculous proportions, saying things like Bombsoldier 4 stocked ken or broke his shield etc, things like that.

If he wasn't hyped up ridiculously, I'm sure there wouldn't be a big deal about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom