• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

04.04.09 - Davie, FL - Back to Basics Tournament 10

Shaky

Smash Ace
Put me in the Brawl singles/ doubles list. Also, at what time (approximately) is the tournament going to end?

DFEAR

Smash Hero
I dont know if i will be at this.
I work this saturday.
wtf brawler working saturdays! QUEEE!?

>_< say ur babysitting a sister o-o

works every time. unless ur parents goto ur job frequently then dont do it O_< trust me on that lol.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I need a teams partner for this, anybody want to?

(Yes DC if you are going i will team with you)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
**** yeah.

Also, take luigi's mansion off of CP plz, way too good of a CP for some characters.

Double Edit: Put the stages in the first post so ppl don't ask..cuz i know they will.

Brawl singles/doubles (Just reading first post)

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
In my opinion you shouldn't ban more CP stages.

Because, it's a counterpick stage. If the opponent loses on that stage, they can counterpick their next stage anyways and still win it.
Besides, there is no such thing as a neutral stage. Every stage in the game is a counterpick stage with the right character. It's fine with banning some obviously hazardous stages, but please don't go overboard. You also have 1 available stage strike against your opponent.

Example...
Link has a horrible recovery. If every stage was like Bridge of Eldin, Link would actually be a viable character.

Stage choices effect character viability and by banning alot of stage choices, your hindering the strategic depth of the game.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yeah... we just need as many setups so singles can start sooner. I'd imagine the 5 PM deadline is merely an estimate.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
If the OP says Singles starts at 5, it should not start earlier. Imagine someone showing up at 4:43 to register and the event started at 4:30.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
5pm is late for a tournament to start. Especially if people are going to be competing in other fighting games there. I'm hoping Zero Ping can order pizza or something since the tournament will run through dinner time.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Or we can just go to one of the fastfood places near there...there are dozens. Also, tournaments normally run past dinner time, but we are so focused in the game that we don't get hungry.

Master Raven

Smash Master
All I need is a decent breakfast and I can easily stay like... not hungry for most of the day. At FIU I only drunk like half a bottle of coke and before then I ate some sausage for breakfast, and I don't think that tourney ended until what, 7-8 PM?

Still though I could definitely go for some quick fast food during the tourney if there is any. I love to eat. :)

Shaky

Smash Ace
I have ride johns, would anyone be kind enough to give me a ride? (At least I can try, lol)

Anyways, I live in West Palm Beach, but I can meet people anywhere near Lakeworth or Palm Beach Gardens.

Hopefully this will work. Also, I'll pay for whatever gas it takes to come pick me up and bring me back.

AfroQT

Smash Master
I have ride johns, would anyone be kind enough to give me a ride? (At least I can try, lol)

Anyways, I live in West Palm Beach, but I can meet people anywhere near Lakeworth or Palm Beach Gardens.

Hopefully this will work. Also, I'll pay for whatever gas it takes to come pick me up and bring me back.
West Palm Beach?
Where at?
I live in Palm Beach Gardens, right next to dwyer.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
5$ MM. ACCEPTING MMS I PLAY PIKACHU AND SAMUS (If you are going to challenge my samus no MK or Falco)

Top Bottom