• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03/28/09 - SC Bi-weeklies @ Casa's casa.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
I haven't, but I think I still have a fair shot :p

EDIT: Never mind I can't go, because my dad won't drive an hour away. It's stupid I know.
EDIT2: My parents said I could have monthlies, but I have to charge a $5 door fee.
EDIT3: My parents are such liars. I can't even go to HERB now. Now they are just telling me that I should give up on tournaments. They never care about what I like to do

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Still no wizzzerd on dat riizide yo.

No confirmed ride as of yet.

Plz: If i don't go, i get sucked inti watching two chick flicks.... no!

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
You guys still got this going on? Any good competitive melee play going or is it mostly brawl? Don't wanna come if there's not gonna be any melee competition. Not trying to say I'm good or anything I just wanted to make sure melee players actually show.

xatavor

Smash Rookie
So ... how'd it go?

I let Adam borrow my car but when he returned the keys he didn't speak of lick about the tournament or what happened or whatever or Anything!

Someone say something!

The Director

Smash Lord
It was pretty good. The venue was in the middle of nowhere but was really nice. We would've had more people if I would've called the Charlotte people. Then we went to Japan and then back to Devin's for friendlies where the night fizzled out.

And Kiyo yes, there was Melee. I wish there was more but besides Crio and I there wasn't much interest for it. Come to the next one so we can snowball some more interest in it.

*edit sorry Phil but I really didn't want to give anybody a ride. I mean, its not like you, Ali and Peter are right around the corner. You guys are a half hour from where I live. Making a pit stop in Charlotte on an already hour and a half drive to Lancaster wasn't something I wanted to do. I didn't get home until about 3:30 as it is. (thanks to daylight savings...****ing Ben Franklin...)

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
*edit sorry Phil but I really didn't want to give anybody a ride. I mean, its not like you, Ali and Peter are right around the corner. You guys are a half hour from where I live. Making a pit stop in Charlotte on an already hour and a half drive to Lancaster wasn't something I wanted to do. I didn't get home until about 3:30 as it is. (thanks to daylight savings...****ing Ben Franklin...)
Ok. I can live with that. As long as you didn't forget.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Melee Singles

1: devin (Marth) ($22.00)
2: crio (Samus/Falco/Falcon) ($5.00)
3: joec (DK) ($3.00)
4: jman (Falcon)
5: tgb (Ganon)
5: ars (Falcon)

Brawl Singles

1: devin (Marth/D3) ($22.00)
2: ars (Snake/Falcon) ($5.00)
3: jman (Sonic) ($3.00)
4: tgb (Lucario)
5: crio (Snake/Jiggs/G&W)

The Director

Smash Lord
So when are we doing this next? Will it be at the same place in the middle of nowhere or would we use the other venue that had no power?

Also, I guess our plans for HERB are pretty much dead?

Oh, and more Melee.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
So when are we doing this next? Will it be at the same place in the middle of nowhere or would we use the other venue that had no power?

Also, I guess our plans for HERB are pretty much dead?

Oh, and more Melee.
I'm not sure about the venue but I do know the HERB situation because I asked Devin at the last weekly. There will not be a SC tournament on the weekend of HERB. Instead, the biweeklies will continue the weekend after HERB. In other words, the next one is on March 28.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
I'm not sure about the venue but I do know the HERB situation because I asked Devin at the last weekly. There will not be a SC tournament on the weekend of HERB. Instead, the biweeklies will continue the weekend after HERB. In other words, the next one is on March 28.
Yeah, that's assuming they've fixed the power situation at the original venue.

Don't want to pull another house tourney.

Kiyosuyo

Smash Cadet
Ok, I'll see what I can do as far as melee goes. Possibly scrounge up a couple friends and see if we can get some matches going. None of us play brawl so we could at least do some friendlies while you guys did your thing. I'll see what I can do...if it'll get more people in SC playing some melee I'd be happy to come.

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
**** yeah! lancaster smash. im down man.

edit: and this is, right down the road from my house. yay now i dont have to drive all the way to fort mill to play competively.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm excited for the next one of these on the 28th.

Cause I don't get to play Smash anymore. :(

*edit* LOL accept I played a **** ton last night LOLOLOLOL Melee rox

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
im glad lancaster finally getting some good smash play. and devin, im bringing CJ. but all he plays is melee. but he looks forward to playing you.

and he actually, as you would say *played* melee.

The Director

Smash Lord
Phil I can probably give you a ride on the 28th.

How about we push melee back an hour? I like to sleep in till like 12 on Saturday, and if I'm going to be giving people rides I may need more time. Plus, I wouldnt worry about a great volume of attendees keeping us there all night.

Ali and Peter, I know you guys follow this thread...right? Come to this. I'll shffl you there.

Come on people. Lets keep SC smash alive. The weeklies are dead (right?) and after a year interest is starting to decline. Everybody reserve every other Saturday for smash, I know I will.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
So its goin down at Dev's??

I may go, if i can get a ride somehow. I am off. What time would ppl be going? I may have to go to a St. Patty's parade with the fiancee, but if i can get a ride AFTER (she works, im off) im bueno. If anyone is going int the afternoon and can stop in Fort Mill/ Rock hill (both close off of 77, not too out of the way), then im down

Yay for internet, finally, xD

Snap(803)

Smash Apprentice
well, im glad so many good people are coming. dev, is this going to be at your house? or what? i dont really know anything on that road that we could do it in, unless im forgetting something... a community center? or something?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Joe, ur teh bomb, xD

Im down. St Patty's parade is a bust. I live off 77. First exit for Rock Hill, Celanese. You take the first right possible after the exit, and follow the road till you see apartments on the right... turn in. If you call, i'd just meet you up front

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning something in the Gamestop in the Mall (Rock Hill Galleria), I'll be sending an *** load of letters and e-mails and doing serious research.

I hope to make it happen for the community of Smash in SC, Only because I am willing to do anything for you guys (NO GHEY REQUEST....PLZ) So I'll keep you all posted as I advance further into my quest for smash and a competitive ATL South

THERE WILL BE BRAWL
(Melee.....MAYBE)

The Director

Smash Lord
^^Melee is a must.

I'm excited for next Saturday. I'll be picking up Phil and Jman, so give me some extra time to get there. Also, do I need to bring a setup? I'm guessing Adam won't be there to bring his...

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Playing Brawl makes me want to do stupid **** like play Olimar as my new main.

lololololololnotwhileI'mgettingFsmashed.

Top Bottom