• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03/28/09 - SC Bi-weeklies @ Casa's casa.

The Director

Smash Lord
I'm not doing Brawl singles...doubles yes if somebody wants to partner with me, but for the most part I want to be more heavily involved in Melee.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
You can't count yourself twice, Joe, or else we'd all have someone extra coming along with us.
Lulz

Sorry Joe, i got my sched, and i work 8-4 Saturday, and i can't switch it (truck delivery day...)
So, i can't go.

Unless ppl want to hold Brawl till 5/6:00, and i can drive down myself i think...

But A) up to Devin and B
I really dont want to hold anyone else up....

The Director

Smash Lord
So Jman you don't need a ride?

You'll probably still be able to come, because I don't plan on getting there until atleast 4:30 lol so don't worry about pushing things back lolololololololooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Lareit

Smash Ace
So Jman you don't need a ride?

You'll probably still be able to come, because I don't plan on getting there until atleast 4:30 lol so don't worry about pushing things back lolololololololooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
So you're only interested in melee
but plan on showing up long after it's supposed to start?

ffs joe.

The Director

Smash Lord
What time is Melee even supposed to start?

2:00? **** that. I probably won't even get up until 1. Even if I miss Melee its not like I wouldn't be able to play it afterwards.

Thunder865

Smash Apprentice
Whoa, so, wait, we don't need to be there at 11-12 to register for Brawl? It's about a three-hour drive from Clemson and I need to pick up my friend from Rock Hill, so if I can make some time in there somewhere so I don't have to be on the road at like 7:30, I'd take it @_@;
I'll probably play some Melee while I'm there, but I'm not very good at it, so I'd just stick to friendlies anyway. That and cheering on other people :o
In any case. Jury still out on the TV, Casa/Devin?
I'm amped, you guys. This is going to be rad :D

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, so, wait, we don't need to be there at 11-12 to register for Brawl? It's about a three-hour drive from Clemson and I need to pick up my friend from Rock Hill, so if I can make some time in there somewhere so I don't have to be on the road at like 7:30, I'd take it @_@;
I'll probably play some Melee while I'm there, but I'm not very good at it, so I'd just stick to friendlies anyway. That and cheering on other people :o
As long as you show up sometime before Brawl starts (a.k.a. while the rest of us are still comboing and wavedashing), you'll be fine. Registration for Melee Doubles is first, then Melee Singles registration is held while Melee Doubles are finishing up, repeat for Brawl. Just make sure you're there before 5.

The Director

Smash Lord
It's about a three-hour drive from Clemson and I need to pick up my friend from Rock Hill, so if I can make some time in there somewhere so I don't have to be on the road at like 7:30, I'd take it @_@;
lol my thoughts exactly. Its an hour and a half drive for me as it is, plus I've got to pick up people. There's no way I'm getting there on time.

I'm bringing a complete setup: my Wii, my TV, VCR, and a copy of Melee. (so theres no excuse to not have Melee going the whole time, even while Brawl is going on)

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
considering the last time we did this bi-weekly, and we were waiting on people well after the designated time, why don't we just push each of the times back like... an hour or two? There's no harm in doing melee at like 2, especially noting the estimated low turnout. We'll finish melee by NO LATER than 5, I can guarantee that.

I just want Joe to be able to enter again.

EDIT: Oh, Devin Scheduled melee for 2 o clock already lololmybad.

WTF Joe, Step it up.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Melee won't have a large turnout, so everyone should try to be here earlier than five o'clock for Brawl.

If Joe wants to play Melee, we can wait on him & Phil as long as he doesn't pull a Joe, and take forever.

~Kuja~

Smash Cadet
Ok so it looks like i will be able to come for the brawl part, just not melee. I'm in NC right now so im like 4 hours away. So ill be there by 5 for the brawl singles. i might be bringing a few guys from NC but its not very likely.

Oh and if anyone needs a doubles partner for brawl, im game.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
K, everyone remember to bring small bills, please.

I'm gonna get change like always, but don't be an ******* and bring nothing but $20's.

Lareit

Smash Ace
But the ATMs here don't like giving out small bills. :(
Then go inside the bank.

Ok so it looks like i will be able to come for the brawl part, just not melee. I'm in NC right now so im like 4 hours away. So ill be there by 5 for the brawl singles. i might be bringing a few guys from NC but its not very likely.

Oh and if anyone needs a doubles partner for brawl, im game.

Tell those *******s that we SC people have gone to several of their tournaments and they've done jack for us. It's time to repay the favor(if they're part of the Brolove crew).

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Seriously, guys. Bring $1's and $5's.

I'm getting change for a $20—that's it.

And to do that, I'm going into a grocery store and buying a piece of gum.

If I can do it, you can—no johns.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
Represent Clemson well. Next time I'm going to have to hitch a ride.

seejae

Smash Rookie
Soooo our ride (mine and Snap's) got drunk and passed out last night.
Is there any way someone could help us?

Top Bottom