• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03/28/09 - SC Bi-weeklies @ Casa's casa.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
RESULTS!

VIDEOS!

This is something new for SC, I'm going to try to make these fairly consistent as far as bi-weeklies are concerned. As long as things aren't destroyed, door fees cover the rentals costs for the building and everyone has fun, there shouldn't be any problems with making these happen every two weeks, or atleast once a month.

04/03/09 — Update: Started a new thread for the next tournament, on the last Saturday of this month (25th), let's move the conversation over there.

03/17/09 — Update: So, the proposed venue is a no-go. Until I/we can find another one, I'll be hosting these at my place. I've got enough room for atleast six or so setups—which should be plenty for SC's smash population.

2025-H Miller St. -- Apt. H
Lancaster, SC 29720

Schedule:

Registration starts at 11:00 a.m. -- run late and risk not being in the tourney. Call me if you're going to be late, or else I'll assume you're not coming.

Melee doubles — 12:00 p.m.
Melee singles — 2:00 p.m.

Brawl doubles — 5:00 p.m.
Brawl singles — 7:00 p.m.

Closing — 12:00 a.m.

Fees:

—$1 door fee.

—$5 for singles.

—$10 for doubles ($5 each).

Prizes:

Singles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Doubles:

First Place - 60%
Second Place - 30%
Third Place - 10%

Rules:

~BRAWL~

Double elimination.
3 stocks, with a 8 minute time limit.
All items are off, no smash balls.
MK is banned.

Stage Selection:

Neutral

Final Destination
Battlefield
Yoshi's Island
Smashville

Counter picks

Delfino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Corneria
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion
Frigate Orpheon
Pirate Ship
Jungle Japes
Halberd
Norfair
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

~MELEE~

Double elimination.
4 stocks, with a 8 minute time limit.
All items are off.

Stage Selection:

Neutrals

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Story
Pokemon Stadium
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams (singles)

Counterpicks

Pokefloats
Jungle Japes
Kongo Jungle 64
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Green Greens
Corneria

Banned

ALL OTHER STAGES

Additional Rules for Single's Play-

- Any games ending in time running out will be decided by stock and then percents.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on unless agreed upon by their opponent.
- If a game ends in a Bowsercide (Kirby, Dedede, Ganon, etc.), the sudden death will be ignored and the match will go to Bowser.
- If two players meet twice during a double elimination bracket, then the second set will be best of seven continuing on with the previous set. Finals are excluded, best of five remains.
- Double blind character pick may be called before the start of the first match of a set.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed above using the striking procedure.
- Advanced slob picks in effect.
- Dave's stupid rule in effect.
- At the start of each set, each person (or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be banned for the duration of said—after character selection, but prior to a random stage being picked.

Additional Rules for Double's Play-

- Life Stealing is allowed.
- Team Attack is set to ON.

Notes:

If you get lost/need more information -- 803-235-8145.

Attending:

Devin
TGB
CriosphInx
ARS
Edoksil
MegaSmash
JMan
JoeC
Eva01
Snap(803)
CJ
Philmaster
Thunder (+2)
Kuja

Total: ~15+

Mega_$m@sh

Smash Journeyman
Speaking of a venue, if this starts to slow down i will be getting a venue where the fee is only 5 so just if you need me let me know......=) oh and I'm coming to this

YOSHIDO

Smash Ace
nice a bi weekly tourny spot. I can't make it this time since im taking off the whole weekend in two weeks for final round 12. But i'll defintely try and get me and my columbia peeps there next time

Edoksil

Smash Rookie
This seems like it will be grade-A stuff. I'll be there as early as possible.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

The Director

Smash Lord
Super Bump Brothers Brawl.

Still coming to this on Saturday, unless I get this new job...but the chances of that are slim.I haven't played Smash in a while so I'll probably be rusty...looking more forward to the friendlies. :p

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Might be a change in venue, the owner just called and said the snow from the other night ****ed up some electrical lines, or something and now there's no power? She said she'd let me know what's up as early as tomorrow.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
I don't know when, but I'm going to find my way there one way or another. Been awhile since I came up and brawled with you guys. On another note, Yoshi, is that you Curtis? And if not where are you at in Columbia b/c I'd like to get some games in around here. Hit me up with a PM or something.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Good news & bad news.

Good news:

My pizza was awesome.

Bad news:

The original venue is out of the question, there's absolutely zero power there, now. However, there is a second venue right next to this one. Great, right? No! It's been remodeled, so there's still a lot of **** left from when they were fixing the place up. In short, the amount of work Carmen and I'd have to do to get it ready by Saturday makes this one just as useless as the first.

Anyway...

We complained and complained to the owner by telling her that we were going to have people showing up for this on Saturday and that it was too late to cancel. So, we worked out a deal. She has a second 'home' that she's willing to let us use. Went and looked at it just a few minutes ago, and everything looks good--gonna have to get there early and move some stuff out of the way, but it's better than cancelling.

So... everything's still on, new address is in the OP. Hopefully, the broken **** will be fixed so we can use the building next time.

Argyris

Smash Journeyman
Good news & bad news.

Good news:

My pizza was awesome.
Why didn't you share it with me??

Bad news:

The original venue is out of the question, there's absolutely zero power there, now. However, there is a second venue right next to this one. Great, right? No! It's been remodeled, so there's still a lot of **** left from when they were fixing the place up. In short, the amount of work Carmen and I'd have to do to get it ready by Saturday makes this one just as useless as the first.

Anyway...

We complained and complained to the owner by telling her that we were going to have people showing up for this on Saturday and that it was too late to cancel. So, we worked out a deal. She has a second 'home' that she's willing to let us use. Went and looked at it just a few minutes ago, and everything looks good--gonna have to get there early and move some stuff out of the way, but it's better than cancelling.

So... everything's still on, new address is in the OP. Hopefully, the broken **** will be fixed so we can use the building next time.
At least we don't have to cancel.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Well, pending work and what not, I'm going to see if I can't drag my lazy *** out of Greenville saturday to get over there since USC is going on spring break now. Maybe I can convince a few others to join in. We'll see how it goes.

zCasanova

Smash Lord
Well, pending work and what not, I'm going to see if I can't drag my lazy *** out of Greenville saturday to get over there since USC is going on spring break now. Maybe I can convince a few others to join in. We'll see how it goes.
Didn't you come with Kidd and others last time?

So wait, where is this now? Some person's summer home? Will we still be able to stay until midnightish?

Address plz
It's already in the OP.

We should be able to stay as late as we want, we can always come back to my place after the tournament's over and Smash the night through if that's what you want.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I came with kidd and two other guys last time. If Kidd would answer me maybe I could get him to come :p But yeah I'm seeing if anyone is willing to make the drive up there otherwise it may just be me.

Eva01

Smash Cadet
Alright, its pretty much settled, about 80% that i'll be up there and I have one coming so far with me. I'll see if anyone else wants to join in from Greenville now that we have a ride.

Top Bottom