• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

03/17/2007 GIGABITS - Smashing on Saint Patrick's Day

penguin hardcore

Smash Cadet
A-L: Hell yes on the yl mm, im excited about it

hiroshi: sorry but i have zero shiek practice and id be throwing away money, maybe we can get some friendlies in but shiek ***** me too hard for now

PRITCH: Im in jax for the week, possibly would you want to play?

hardcorebo! "rapist of roys" noob test

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hey you want to do a double pikachu team for low teir doubles?
Sorry man I'm fairly certain I'm teaming with Dark Falchion for low tier doubles. Josh, you still down for low tier doubles right?

Pritch

Smash Lord
so im gunna need a head count for people being housed at my place. I know SWFL has 4 or 5. Is SEFL housing too? Then i have Rice and co which is like 2. Then i have col bol, dop most likely.

I think we might be able to fit you in VKasat....(spelling I know).

Hit me up on AIM, PM, or call.

347 724 1128

Skrach8
Don't forget me, with somewhere between 1-3 in the car with (most likely not 3).

And yes, bo, I'd be down for playing if I'm free, though I'm kinda booked in the evenings working on some **** in the computer lab. That said though, the lab closes at 10:00, and I'm likely gonna be done with that thursday anyways, so yeah, hit me up.

thabettaplaya

Smash Apprentice
hey Bo I'm really sorry man but I'm not gonna be able to go to this tourney. Not even low tier doubles. Sorry it's last second but I just found out I have to work all day. I'll be at the smashfest though.

_Riot_

Smash Journeyman
64 man bracket wuuuuut
Please tell me Giga (due to of course the surge of players coming that arnt giga-regulars and not from central period) will be doing pools instead of that points system

Wow alot of people are going to this i wish Tommy T would go with me so would could be WoW quitter fuks. That and i miss smash. Or at least arguing with people about meaningless subjects.
omg bro how hottt would it be with you and tommy there since doodah, sigh and me are coming shiiiit *** nug "NNUG" just like old times :( .
you and tommy make me sad man

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
There no way they're doing pools....they're doing like four tourneys, so yeah...

Although pools would be better anyways. ugh.

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Bronson and Benny aren't going?

Great, now everyone has a chance to win.

On a side note, EarthBound is, without a doubt, the best game ever made.

I hope Syn goes so I have a (black) team partner.

Zoro

Smash Champion
lots of ppl comin..

probably be there till 1am
(exaggerating) but u never know..

prize money...bigness

iuno if hiro said anything yet dont feel like readin

wato is most likely goin to skrachs on friday all 4 of us. If thats ok.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Haha theres gonna be like 30 people at your place louie. Should be interesting.

You people better bring tvs and cubes to the smashfest then cause they only got 2.

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
They should just randomly bracket the low tiers, since they don't really matter overly much, and do pools for Standard Doubles and Standard Singles, since fair pairings are actually important for them.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
a good thing about pools would be that it would give people who aren't that good (i.e. ME) a chance to play more matches before getting knocked out of the tourney. lol :D

Col Bol

Smash Champion
Heh, yeah I would definitely be all for pools, even if it meant no low-tiers, seeing as how I have no low tier. =/ Also doubles are usually small enough to not do pools... Singles ÷ 2 = Teams (about).

vericz

Smash Champion
Chris, Brian works that night so we aren't going to make it :(
And I might not be able to go anywhere and if I do it would be late at night.
Pools would be interesting for regular singles.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
all i know is that i'm going to try and play as many freakin friendlies that i can... the more i play and get *****, the more i learn :)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
LOL at pools, yah rite. Singles would start at like 10 pm if we had pools. Most people want low tiers anyway so **** pools.

OTRU...

Smash Champion
mwarhead pools please!!!!!!!!!!!! i believe (doesnt mean i cant b wrong) most people would rather play the regular single tourney with pools instead of low tiers, n if time is a problem for the pools, we could just do it MLG style which makes the pools go by really quick and according to that everyone will have more matches against all the good people that r gonna b there, it benefits everyone in my opinion, except of course those who main a lowtier character, sry but the prize for low tiers winners isnt even worth the time that is spent on it

vericz

Smash Champion
mwarhead pools please!!!!!!!!!!!! i believe (doesnt mean i cant b wrong) most people would rather play the regular single tourney with pools instead of low tiers, n if time is a problem for the pools, we could just do it MLG style which makes the pools go by really quick and according to that everyone will have more matches against all the good people that r gonna b there, it benefits everyone in my opinion, except of course those who main a lowtier character, sry but the prize for low tiers winners isnt even worth the time that is spent on it
Agreed about the pools. But low tier singles prize was about $125, i think, so that prize is well worth the time spent. Low tier doubles though was actually a lot less, but seeing that gigabits just recently started the tournament at 10am instead of 12pm, that gives 2 extra hours which actually covered low tier doubles. Hopefully low tier are able to stay, which I'm pretty sure they will, because they are just too fun.

Also i think they would rather keep low tiers to make some extra money since we kind of push away the PC people.

CmRoddy

Smash Journeyman
i think that they should probably close Gigs to the PC people the day of the Tourney... simply because there is already going to be a crap load of people attending, with all the PC chairs being used and whatnot, it takes up a lot of space, and we can use the countertops in between the PC's to set up more cubes and TV's... but thats just IMO. last Gigs, i had to squeeze by way to many kids playing Counter Strike... and WoW...

skrach8

Smash Lord
There is a chance that i wont be able to attend my own STD, its pretty gay, but there are some things that are more important then smash.

Thanx Fred.

Everyone is going to have to report to OTRU for directions, times, numbers etc... You the drift.

In the off chance that i do get to attend the fest, i need alot of falcon and falco practice. OH YEAH, any sheik players out there?

vericz

Smash Champion
It would have to be a vote type thing. And like I said since it starts at 10am not many people show up that early, except those who want to play in low tiers. So if we were to drop low tier doubles, giga would open at 10 but then we would have to wait for people to show up to sign up for low tier singles (which would be first I'm guessing if low tier doubles was dropped). In that time we can probably fit a low tier doubles tourney. Last time there were only about 9 teams, right?? This time there might be as much 15 who know.

Like I said we will just have to see, but I'm pretty sure they are sticking with the schedule.

If you guys got AIM or Yahoo send me a message.

AIM- vericz
Yahoo- vericz2@yahoo.com

vericz

Smash Champion
i think that they should probably close Gigs to the PC people the day of the Tourney... simply because there is already going to be a crap load of people attending, with all the PC chairs being used and whatnot, it takes up a lot of space, and we can use the countertops in between the PC's to set up more cubes and TV's... but thats just IMO. last Gigs, i had to squeeze by way to many kids playing Counter Strike... and WoW...
We were talking about this and it would be a good idea, They are going to make so much off of tournament fees alone.

There is a chance that i wont be able to attend my own STD, its pretty gay, but there are some things that are more important then smash.

Thanx Fred.

Everyone is going to have to report to OTRU for directions, times, numbers etc... You the drift.

In the off chance that i do get to attend the fest, i need alot of falcon and falco practice. OH YEAH, any sheik players out there?
What's more important than smash :confused: :confused: :confused:
And I play falcon and falco :)

when did you play with some NFL guys vericz?
Tournaments, friendlies, smashfests. Pritch comes down for just about every CFL event.

tru the otruness will still b there so the smashfest its still goin down with or without louis, just to let everyone know...
That means you will actually have to stay awake and take charge, no naps boi. lol

Top Bottom