• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0-death with pikachu + neat vid

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Once we discovered about the QAL, i thought of a footstool combo. After our conversation about a jab lock, knowing that QA could lock to. I asked if we could QA through and continue. THe result is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP0JwYgGuTA

Also, i was bored and had a recording device so i made another video. Has QA through water, Sweetspotting with QAC, Jab lock wall infinite, and a new thunder trick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpeG2sgocI4

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Lol good stuff ESAM. I somewhat already knew about this, but never actually tried it out because I can never pull out the QAL, since getting a footstool is hard enough. I thought people already knew about this too. Haha XP.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Um, wow. So is the footstool impossible to dodge? ._.

If not.... What characters does this work on?

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
They do know about it, but im just making a vid of it since nobody did, and it was my idea in the first place.

Um, wow. So is the footstool impossible to dodge? ._.

If not.... What characters does this work on?
THis works on everybody on the list in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182126

Some people have just uptilt, some people have D-throw uptilt, some have just D-throw.

•Col•

Smash Champion
They do know about it, but im just making a vid of it since nobody did, and it was my idea in the first place.

THis works on everybody on the list in this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182126

Some people have just uptilt, some people have D-throw uptilt, some have just D-throw.
Wow....... So that means you can do this 0-death combo on any of those characters then? >_>

Geez. Pikachu is like the new Ice Climbers.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Lol not quite. Pulling off a footstool and then QAL them is harder than it looks.
Uh... I didn't say it wasn't hard. In fact, I don't think the Ice Climber's chaingrab stuff isn't as easy as it looks either. ._.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yes you can Smash DI out of the QAL, and yes i could've ended with thunder, but i was pissed cuz it took me 10 min to actually get it and i didn't care how i killed. If you use thunder right away they do not have enough time to shield.

Masky

Smash Master
oh cool, I was trying to figure out how to sweetspot the edge on Smashville, I guess you have to do it right by the lights in the stage background. I'm definitely going to practice some of this stuff so my Pikachu can become more fancy :laugh:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Smash DI gets you out right?

So it's not that good as the video makes it seem is it?

Oh well you'll find someone who just gives up and loses the stock.

This is pretty cool though.

Metroh

Smash Rookie
Hard to pull off in a real match. Very Nice :]
Pika Owns end of story.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Out of curiosity - is this something reliable? Could this turn more matchups in his favour? or reverse some bad ones?

!Boom!

Smash Journeyman
Question: Instead of using jab lock, can we use dtilt lock? I think we can get 1-2 dtilts and then follow up with a QAC lock. I may be wrong though.

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
Question: Instead of using jab lock, can we use dtilt lock? I think we can get 1-2 dtilts and then follow up with a QAC lock. I may be wrong though.
It won't work at any % like jab lock, but maybe it'll work at low %'s

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
At the tournament i was at today i got a guy to like 50% with the QAL and he was DIing, but that was cuz i messed up and jumped instead of doing another QA.

I got 9th btw

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
44. I lost to a Marth and G&W, so im not ashamed of losing. I'm gonna pick up DK for them though.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Not sure about the GW matchup, it seems pretty close but I'm still undecided, but I can tell you that Marth vs DK is around even, so you can cover that matchup with DK pretty well.

gallax

Smash Hero
it is thought that DK might have a slight adv and marth has the slight adv over gaw though if you want to get ultra specific. :)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Smash DI gets you out right?

So it's not that good as the video makes it seem is it?

Oh well you'll find someone who just gives up and loses the stock.

This is pretty cool though.
Smash DI doesnt get you out. It might potentially make it harder.

Also jab lock does not work at any percent, thats why you have to QAL until they are high enough.

Judging by esams other list its a fairly easy set up on DK and Wolf.

Also, it might be worth it to test to see if characters can be footstooled at a certain % if not 0. Not sure if that was done yet.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, i only did it at 0, but a lot of characters on that list get out from anything more than like 2 hits of a FF fair. I didn't want to get that specific on it...too much work. I might do it later though.

Top Bottom