• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
WARNING!
CHALLENGER APPROACHING!​

This is an add on for my slide show package featuring the newly added King Dedede.​

Hitaku could probably take requests to
Hell no I can't, get away. Just messing around =P, sure I can make some for you guys. At the moment I am a little busy but if all goes well I should be able to get one up a day. Give me some idea on what you want. Also, if there are any images you want used, throw links to them in your url and I will see what I can do for ya. As warning they may not all be as good as the one I did for gimpy the glass bowser), I put some extra time into that for him because he gave us that awesome brawl report.

P.s. Odds are you will end up seeing the skins in the mornings seeing as I usually post them around 3 AM. Just wanted to warn you ^^.

Elysium

Smash Lord
A Krystal one would be cool. I would try to make one, but my caveman simplistic understanding of Paint.net(see sig for clarification) stops my ambitions for making some cool as hell skins that the pros make. lol No rush though

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
A Krystal one would be cool. I would try to make one, but my caveman simplistic understanding of Paint.net(see sig for clarification) stops my ambitions for making some cool as hell skins that the pros make. lol No rush though
What did you have in mind exactly? I was thinking about it, and here are a few things that I think would be good for when requesting skins.

Post a url to an image you would like to be used, or a few urls so the author has some options to work with.

- Color Scheme:
If you have a color scheme/style you are looking for

- Texture: Would you like it to be glass/glass with shine or normal square.

On the other hand if you don't really know that's fine also, just make sure and specify that you want to leave it up to the author of the skin. It would suck to make something for someone only to realize it's not exactly what they wanted =(.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
how do i download that one...?
It's the same Custom.txt as all the original files. Just right click/save image as and then make it its own folder. Make sure and name the file back.jpg.

If you don't want to do that I am sure Tennisthehilife will add it to the package on the front page. If you don't want the others you can just toss them after the download.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Updated: 107 Days 2 Go!
- I added the King Dedede Skin
- Hitaku and I are taking requests now
(is that fine w/ you Hitaku? Since you do a lot of work (skins, instructions and such, more stuff then I did) how about we become Official co-owners/equal partners of this thread? I haven't done many skins but I'll practice. If someone requests a skin I guess we can both make one and they can choose which is better, like a competition ;D )

Edit: Please help me make my + Hitaku's (is that ok?) thread more easier to understand. Does the first post sound confusing? (Probably the Glass/transparent stuff is very confussing, I don't know how to explain it) Tell me/give me advice on this.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Updated: 107 Days 2 Go!
- I added the King Dedede Skin
- Hitaku and I are taking requests now
(is that fine w/ you Hitaku? Since you do a lot of work (skins, instructions and such, more stuff then I did) how about we become Official co-owners/equal partners of this thread? I haven't done many skins but I'll practice. If someone requests a skin I guess we can both make one and they can choose which is better, like a competition ;D )

Edit: Please help me make my + Hitaku's (is that ok?) thread more easier to understand. Does the first post sound confusing? (Probably the Glass/transparent stuff is very confussing, I don't know how to explain it) Tell me/give me advice on this.

thank you!

Can I get that slide show with only Kirby, Meta, and Dedede and with Black glass aswrll.

Tell me if you nedd more details.

Pics:

Dedede: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kingdedede/kingdedede.jpg

Meta: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight.jpg

Kirby: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kirby/kirby.jpg

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
is that fine w/ you Hitaku?
Sure it is. The smash comunity is so awesome, you just cant help love but giving back ^^.

thank you!

Can I get that slide show with only Kirby, Meta, and Dedede and with Black glass aswrll.

Tell me if you nedd more details.

Pics:

Dedede: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kingdedede/kingdedede.jpg

Meta: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/metaknight/metaknight.jpg

Kirby: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/kirby/kirby.jpg
Ok I can do that for you, again I will most likely post it late tonight.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ok so, I wont normally upload these this fast, but I realized I had nothing planned for today. I hope this is what you were looking for Nietendodude.

Again, these are for a black background.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Ok so, I wont normally upload these this fast, but I realized I had nothing planned for today. I hope this is what you were looking for Nietendodude.

Again, these are for a black background.
Yeah those are good.

What do I need to do to get it to work or are you just showing me?XD

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Yeah those are good.

What do I need to do to get it to work or are you just showing me?XD
Just right click the image and save as. Make it its own skin folder and make sure it's named back.jpg. You also need to include the Custom.txt file with it. When I put up a skin like that without a download it uses the normal Custom.txt file that this started from.

Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

However, it was my bad because I forgot the color change in the text. The Custom.txt file you should use for these is:

Arial
255 255 255
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

If you are still confused Tennisthehilife will most likely throw up a link for a download soon on the front page. He is great about that.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Just right click the image and save as. Make it its own skin folder and make sure it's named back.jpg. You also need to include the Custom.txt file with it. When I put up a skin like that without a download it uses the normal Custom.txt file that this started from.

Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

However, it was my bad because I forgot the color change in the text. The Custom.txt file you should use for these is:

Arial
255 255 255
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

If you are still confused Tennisthehilife will most likely throw up a link for a download soon on the front page. He is great about that.

Thanks cause I am... XD

Elysium

Smash Lord
What did you have in mind exactly? I was thinking about it, and here are a few things that I think would be good for when requesting skins.

Post a url to an image you would like to be used, or a few urls so the author has some options to work with.

- Color Scheme:
If you have a color scheme/style you are looking for

- Texture: Would you like it to be glass/glass with shine or normal square.

On the other hand if you don't really know that's fine also, just make sure and specify that you want to leave it up to the author of the skin. It would suck to make something for someone only to realize it's not exactly what they wanted =(.
I really didn't have anything in mind. If I was to ask something though, it would be for interesting background instead of the plain one, but other than that, set your imagination free! :laugh:

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
@ Hitaku: Wow what the hell! Wow...

Well I was busy this week doing my research paper, I turn it in tonight so I'll be good tomorrow.

Ok... Confirmed: Hitaku + Me are co-rulers of this thread now.

(**** you Hitaku... so many good skins.... I only made like 1, I need to catch up)

Edit: I'll put those up, but I'll combine them all into one file when finish with all of the characters w/ that glass.

Elysium

Smash Lord
I have a question for you guys. Say I wanted to make a sig or skin or whatever. So I go online and copy the picture. How do I get rid of the Backgroud around the focus of the picture?

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I have a question for you guys. Say I wanted to make a sig or skin or whatever. So I go online and copy the picture. How do I get rid of the Backgroud around the focus of the picture?
I wish there was a simple way =/ We just take the eraser tool and go around the border of the image sadly lol.

This one would make a great background picture with the glossy look like that Giga Bowser one
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/sonic/sonic_071010b.jpg

If you don't' wanna spend that much time though(:(), lol, could you do one with Mario for me?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/mario/mario.jpg
You read my mind with that sonic image =P I was thinking about doing that one a little while ago. As for the Mario, do you want it just like the other black gloss ones I did for Nietendodude? Also, if thats the case, do you have a black wallpaper or do I need to make a square one for ya.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
This one would make a great background picture with the glossy look like that Giga Bowser one
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/sonic/sonic_071010b.jpg

If you don't' wanna spend that much time though(:(), lol, could you do one with Mario for me?
http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/mario/mario.jpg
Ok so, I didn't really know what you wanted the Mario one to look like exactly so I just guessed you were looking for a glass theme with the shine. If this isn't what you were looking for just let me know.

Arial
255 255 255
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Now as for the Sonic one, I will be getting to that for sure...just not yet ^^. What I did with the Giga Bowser took me a little bit longer so I will need to wait till I have some more free time to do the same.

I really didn't have anything in mind. If I was to ask something though, it would be for interesting background instead of the plain one, but other than that, set your imagination free! :laugh:
For all my other skin packages I forgot about this character =/ . Seeing as it's a largely desired character just like Megaman and Lucario I added her to the slide show package and made a glass theme for her as well.

Now I know you said you wanted something interesting as far as the background and I will get to that soon. These are just parts to the sets I have going.

Thats what I do, except that gives me white around the subject.... so I guess the question is, is there an easy way to blend to white say into a black background?
Ah, I see the issue. When you open an image into the program you have the background layer (who ever thought of it was ******** imo). When you erase on the background layer you get white under, however, if you make a new layer and delete the background layer you actually make the area around the image go away so you can see the color on the layer below. The layer below can be a background image or just a flat color. Now if there is no layer below you will just see these checkered shaped squares appear, all those stand for is "this area is transparent".

So for your answer in short, open Paint.net. Make a new layer and delete the background layer. Paste your image and then place the image you want as the background under it. Hope that helps.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Well I tried it and going all around the picture with the eraser blows. :laugh: But this is what i'm at right now:

Simple clouded background, but I got that nice white around Krystal thats annoying, but hey I'm a beginner!:laugh:
Thats crazy how clean yours look though Hitaku

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Updated: 106 Days 2 Go! (we almost hit the 2 digit mark!)
I finished reorganizing + adding/updating skins.

Edit:
To Elysium: not bad but iono how to do it either... its hard. Hitaku is the king of this...

Hey, what program you use? If your using Paint.NET did you try the magic wand select thingy?

Edit:
I'll be sleeping now.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Well I tried it and going all around the picture with the eraser blows. :laugh: But this is what i'm at right now:

Simple clouded background, but I got that nice white around Krystal thats annoying, but hey I'm a beginner!:laugh:
Thats crazy how clean yours look though Hitaku
Well, the best advice I can give you is to use a small eraser for detailed work. I work with a size 1 when going across the edges of things. I also make an editing layer when I am removing a background. If I am removing a dark background, I make the layer under the project I am working on white so I can see the spots that I miss. Other than that, it's really just practice. With time you will be able to do things faster and with more precision.

Elysium

Smash Lord
Updated: 106 Days 2 Go! (we almost hit the 2 digit mark!)
I finished reorganizing + adding/updating skins.

Edit:
To Elysium: not bad but iono how to do it either... its hard. Hitaku is the king of this...

Hey, what program you use? If your using Paint.NET did you try the magic wand select thingy?

Edit:
I'll be sleeping now.
Yeah Paint.Net FTW!! Though how does the magic wand work?
Well, the best advice I can give you is to use a small eraser for detailed work. I work with a size 1 when going across the edges of things. I also make an editing layer when I am removing a background. If I am removing a dark background, I make the layer under the project I am working on white so I can see the spots that I miss. Other than that, it's really just practice. With time you will be able to do things faster and with more precision.
Yeah thats what I did after I posted the picture. I went back and put a background that would clash with Krystal so I'd be able to see where I missed. It looks better now but not nearly as clean as yours look. As they say, practice makes perfect.

P.S Insomnia sucks.... especially when you have class in the morning, so what do you do? Get rid of light pixels!!!
Here's now

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Yeah Paint.Net FTW!! Though how does the magic wand work?

Yeah thats what I did after I posted the picture. I went back and put a background that would clash with Krystal so I'd be able to see where I missed. It looks better now but not nearly as clean as yours look. As they say, practice makes perfect.
Magic Wand: When you click an area in an image with the magic wand, all areas which are a similar color are selected. You can specify various options to determine the exact selection.

Now in my personal opinion it should only be used when you are dealing with:
A. A large as hell image.
B. Something that has very well defined colors.
C. A very high resolution image.

I personally just like to stick with the size one eraser for close work and a good old size 4 for clearing the background ^^. Overall the second one is a large upgrade from the first. Good job.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Really? is the eraser the only way? I thought w/ Photoshop you had some special tool you could use. Wow then I only appreciate your work more Hitaku. Well for my sig, the tennis racket strings were the worst. Ok so I'll pratice eraser then.

Edit: good tip about the background layer thingy so you can see your mistakes easier.

Nietendodude

Smash Ace
Hey It won't work I got the dwon;oad on the first page but it won't down;oad the images what am I doing wrong? (I clicked on the one with the black glass and The images I requested)

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Yeah the tail still sucks though, and I think I'll stick with the eraser for now too.

Don't sleep much Hitaku?
Hehe na, I go to bed around 4-6 usually. I have a jaw problem that makes it so I can't really sleep till I feel like I am going to pass out. It sucks but, you get used to it =P.

Really? is the eraser the only way? I thought w/ Photoshop you had some special tool you could use.
The only tool I really use thats specific to Photoshop is the layer semi-transparency and hue changes. I'm not really sure you can't do that with Paint.net actually, I just never looked. Photoshop also has erasers that blur so you can make things fade. I used those in the bowser background but I think that's about it.

Edit: Oh, I also use the smudge tool. I'm not sure if you guys have one of those either.

Hey It won't work I got the dwon;oad on the first page but it won't down;oad the images what am I doing wrong? (I clicked on the one with the black glass and The images I requested)
It seems that the download is down at the moment, I am sure Tennisthehilife will fix it when he sees what's up.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
I tried the download link it works. I guess people don't like megaupload.com then right? Which upload website do you guys prefer? I putted up a new filefront download link for the glass set.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I tried the download link it works. I guess people don't like megaupload.com then right? Which upload website do you guys prefer? I putted up a new filefront download link for the glass set.
I like filefront best myself, but I use megaupload all the time. When I tried, it told me that the files were temporarily unavailable. The filefront download is working fine however.

AlphaGoldFrog

Smash Cadet
Ok I don't have a skin folder and when I made one and put the image in nothing happened, oh and I DID hit refresh.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ok I don't have a skin folder and when I made one and put the image in nothing happened, oh and I DID hit refresh.
- Was the skin folder in C:\Program Files\PhanTim3\Skins?
- Did you make sure the image was back.jpg?
- Did you make sure to include a Custom.txt file?
If you did all those things I am not really sure. When you hit refresh is it even acknowledging that there is a skin folder in there?

Thinking about it I am pretty sure when you install Phantim3 it makes a skin folder during the installation. Should have a folder called Default in there. If it didn't you may consider reinstalling the program.

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Ok so, I didn't really know what you wanted the Mario one to look like exactly so I just guessed you were looking for a glass theme with the shine. If this isn't what you were looking for just let me know.

Arial
255 255 255
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Now as for the Sonic one, I will be getting to that for sure...just not yet ^^. What I did with the Giga Bowser took me a little bit longer so I will need to wait till I have some more free time to do the same.
Thanks a lot, man. it looks great. Can't wait to see the Sonic one.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
- Was the skin folder in C:\Program Files\PhanTim3\Skins?
- Did you make sure the image was back.jpg?
- Did you make sure to include a Custom.txt file?
If you did all those things I am not really sure. When you hit refresh is it even acknowledging that there is a skin folder in there?

Thinking about it I am pretty sure when you install Phantim3 it makes a skin folder during the installation. Should have a folder called Default in there. If it didn't you may consider reinstalling the program.
-Also make sure its JPEG.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ok so, I have been working on this Sonic skin for a little while now and I think I have come as close to complete as I can with it. I'll be the first to say its not my best work in some respects. The main reason this skin bothers me as much as it does is the Days/hours/mins/secs. I couldn't do anything good with them because of the horrible amount of space provided. What you see before you is what I decided was the best outcome for it for now...once we are out of triple digits I may make another one so that it looks better.

On the other hand I did try to make this one look the best it could with the image placing. Like you Raptorbaby10, I wanted to use that awesome kick picture of sonic but sadly after working with it for about 20 min I realized it just wasn't going to work.

All of that aside, I really hope you enjoy the skin guys.

Custom.txt:
Arial
225 225 225
70 75
116 75
165 75
206 75

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
You shouldn't worry about the triple digits, just 7 more days or after midnight, 6 more days until two digits!!!

I think thats the best one you made! I always say this but, its awesome. Its beautiful <(T.T)>

Edit: because its different (in a good way) should it be separate from the black glass set? (kirby, king dedede, krystal, mario set)

And i haven't started on any yet, I'll try one right now then!

Top Bottom