• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0 Days US Brawl is Here!!! Free Brawl Desktop Countdown! Updated 2x Daily.

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
How does it work/install so I can put it on the first post.
All you got to do is just go to the post and download it, and it will be saved to your desktop. Open it up and it will automatically be added to you're widgets and you can drag it out of the widget bar at the bottom of the screen.

*EDIT* Yeah mac only : (

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Messed around with it for awhile but I realized that I liked the normal simple design best. I decided to throw Sonic in though ^^. I also moved the days numbers a little to the left because it was hitting the days image (I think due to the triple digits). This is what worked best for me.

Arial
0 0 0
74 76
121 76
169 76
210 76

Here is an image closer image of the actual timer.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
To: Nuro + Hitaku first of all both of your desktops are awesome 0_0 and I'll post those skins if you don't mind.

Nuro: Yay a Ike Skin, I don't have one yet.
Hikaku: Awesome + Clean, I never thought of putting a character there, it brings many new possiblities.

and as for your customization of the "Days, Hours, Minutes, Seconds":
mine looks bad but that is only because my "Days" was meant for 2 digit days, I wasn't expecting the Smash Brothers Perfection Program >.< so my "Days" digits look better when its <99 days.
^so watch out for that.

Edit: o you already said it might of been because of triple digits, sorry.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Well, needless to say last night I was really bored and had some free time on my hands =P. I got a few requests to do some character specific skins so I figured hell, why not do them all lol. All did all the confirmed characters (2 of Ike because I wasn't really satisfied with the first) as well as Megaman and Lucario. As for the change in the skin itself all I did was add the gradient from the Dojo character introduction. Anyhow I hope you all enjoy ^^.

P.S. I finished this around 4 in the morning so some of the later ones may have some mistakes here and there. Sorry in advance.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Awesome, this really rocks too much. Now I can just stare at the timer and do nothing when I have nothing to do ^^ Hell yea. And Hitaku, those skins are way too good.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
O i finally found you!!!
(in a nice way) Would you mind taking off your wallpaper off of my first page please.

Yes of course I'll put it up. Kind of blurry though, tell me if you make it clearer.

Edit: hey theres no "Secs", and could you give me your Date/time coordinates? I'll post it when you do fix these problems or tell me you want it w/o secs.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
this is awesome. no doubt about it.
but one question-i have it set to change every 5 minutes to a different layout, but its not doing it....any ideas???

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
this is awesome. no doubt about it.
but one question-i have it set to change every 5 minutes to a different layout, but its not doing it....any ideas???
I actually just decided to try out that feature myself, and like you I am not having any luck. I am going to mess around with it a little though. I'll let you know if I get it worked out.

Edit: Found the reason =). Right click on the countdown and select "Choose Skin..." From here you are going to see all the skin options in your skin folder. Click on the grey question marks next to the skin name to make them become blue. The skin packages with the blue question mark next to them are now part of the random selection. Also, make sure and check the question mark for *RANDOM* at the top of the skins. I believe thats what makes the random start.

eodeth

Smash Apprentice
O i finally found you!!!
(in a nice way) Would you mind taking off your wallpaper off of my first page please.

Yes of course I'll put it up. Kind of blurry though, tell me if you make it clearer.

Edit: hey theres no "Secs", and could you give me your Date/time coordinates? I'll post it when you do fix these problems or tell me you want it w/o secs.
thats the best it can get
ok i will take off the wall paper
and there wasnt enough room for seconds

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024

Bakuryu

Smash Ace

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Yea I could probaby use a different one one thats small or more precise is flash.
Ah, ya the other site I was going to look for isn't flash. Its just a little cleaner. What were you planning on using it for?

CO

Smash Ace
NNID
CO_Runaway7
3DS FC
3136-6583-7782
Thanks. This worked great! Now I can see just how long until I lose my social life completely!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Thanks, this is amazing. Now whenever I start up my computer I can get pissed about Brawl being delayed ;)

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
Ah, ya the other site I was going to look for isn't flash. Its just a little cleaner. What were you planning on using it for?
I've got a program that turns website things into Vista Gadgets figure if I got a good brawl counter I could turn it into a gadget.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Man, I really wish that Phantim3 would support .png files. I wanted to make a glass theme for this so bad. ><

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Hitaku, which formats work then? just JPEG?

From my experience I have only tried .jpg, .gif, and .png. I am sure however that .bmp would work...seeing as it works on everything =P. Sadly .png and .gif don't work so that rules out alpha channels =(.

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
Ok, so this whole not being able to make a glass theme thing kinda got to me seeing as I really wanted one for my desktop. I thought about it for a little while and came up with a solution. Sadly I cant really put it up for download seeing as the solution I found is kinda lame but it works if you are willing to make the skin yourself.

The program I used was photoshop so if you are using something else this may not be the exact way you do it...but it should give you the idea.

When making a transparent or non-square shaped theme first I open one of my back.jpg files(any one will do, you just want the shape). Print screen your background and paste it; you will notice you can only see a little of the wallpaper. Make the part you can see where you want the timer to be located. At this point you can edit the skin to be what ever you want as long as you stay in those borders. It no longer is required to stay in its proper square shape (Remember once you load the file to match up the countdown to correct location on your desktop =P).

Example:
Notice how the corners are now rounded and not the usual square shape.

For a glass style skin make a semi-transparent layer over the background image you are working on but under the skin layer itself. Doing that gives it a glassy kinda effect.
Example:

Here is a link to a download for the transparent layer I used in that image. Its not the best, but I didn't really have time atm to make a better one.
Link: http://files.filefront.com/Glass+Modelpng/;8859769;/fileinfo.html Hope you enjoy. ^^

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Ok, so this whole not being able to make a glass theme thing kinda got to me seeing as I really wanted one for my desktop. I thought about it for a little while and came up with a solution. Sadly I cant really put it up for download seeing as the solution I found is kinda lame but it works if you are willing to make the skin yourself.

The program I used was photoshop so if you are using something else this may not be the exact way you do it...but it should give you the idea.

When making a transparent or non-square shaped theme first I open one of my back.jpg files(any one will do, you just want the shape). Print screen your background and paste it; you will notice you can only see a little of the wallpaper. Make the part you can see where you want the timer to be located. At this point you can edit the skin to be what ever you want as long as you stay in those borders. It no longer is required to stay in its proper square shape (Remember once you load the file to match up the countdown to correct location on your desktop =P).

Example:
Notice how the corners are now rounded and not the usual square shape.

For a glass style skin make a semi-transparent layer over the background image you are working on but under the skin layer itself. Doing that gives it a glassy kinda effect.
Example:

Here is a link to a download for the transparent layer I used in that image. Its not the best, but I didn't really have time atm to make a better one.
Link: http://files.filefront.com/Glass+Modelpng/;8859769;/fileinfo.html Hope you enjoy. ^^
Oh wow wow wow. Thanks a bunch for the glass model! =D

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
How do you use the glass model?
It's for the middle layer in a program like Photoshop. When you open a back.jpg you paste your background over the current background. Seeing as you will only be able to see a small portion of you background image through the square move the image so that the part you see is the same as where you will be placing the skin. Take the glass model and place it as the middle file.

With the glass model in the center layer like that it will give the illusion that it's a glass theme. On the example I showed you guys all the top layer was is a pic. of sonic and the brawl/wii text with no background. I would make some skins for you guys with it, but I cant not knowing your backgrounds/where you would want them placed. The middle step is really the most I can offer sadly.

Top Bottom