• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Ayen

Smash Apprentice
Hi again Marth boards. I have another question for all of you.

Use a lot of c stick? For better spacing or whatever? I want to see your answers

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I use c-stick for my aerial attacks. I only use smash attacks to punish when the opponent is at high percentages.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Man. It's annoying to have my Mario outperform my Marth in Brawl+.

I need better finger dexterity and I need to turn SHDF into 100% muscle memory.

I need to do a lot more shuffles too and learn my MUs so I know what I can do when stuff happens.

Blaaah Marfff

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Hi again Marth boards. I have another question for all of you.

Use a lot of c stick? For better spacing or whatever? I want to see your answers
C-stick is your friend, use it at every opportunity. It gets you DI-less aerials, and non-tripping f-smashes (remember, you can charge by holding z).

Of course the aerials are your main concern since your smashes are unsafe, and it doesn't matter for up-smash or d-smash.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Neko, More Marth love, now

If Brawl + Has Wi-Fi I'm going to buy another sd card, install it and challenge everyone :D

Player-3

Smash Hero
dude marth is really good in doubles ****

at least with a diddy teammate

diddys naners are easy smashes, not too hard to space either (fsmash)

me and p1 gonna wreck some **** in january

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Man. It's annoying to have my Mario outperform my Marth in Brawl+.

I need better finger dexterity and I need to turn SHDF into 100% muscle memory.

I need to do a lot more shuffles too and learn my MUs so I know what I can do when stuff happens.

Blaaah Marfff
tsubaki has informed me there might be grave news regarding double aerials in that project of urs

regardless, i, Douche Kisaragi, will attempt to intervene.

but **** marf, toon link is the new n00b slayer obv: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeXddpnwOvA

if only i can goes m2k and keep momentum forever i'd raep mabbez

If Brawl + Has Wi-Fi I'm going to buy another sd card, install it and challenge everyone :D
ya it has wifi

<cue Shaya>

THE SAME SH*TTY BRAWL W-FI WE'VE GROWN EVER SO SLOWLY COMPLACENT TO!

<end Shaya>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
my language arts finals review has a sentence:

"A man fingering his sword
welcomed them on board."

that's a gerund phrase right? :012:

nvm it would be a participle

Player-3

Smash Hero
oh dear viet

you gona be there this saturday?
we still have to blaz the blue and fsmash with roy together and stuf

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i wanted to go to combo breaker instead but if you can only show for the smash monthly than sure w/e

ya roy fsmash =V

BTW GHNEKO

DUSTLOOP HAS =V AS AN OFFICIAL SMILEY

THAT'S RIGHT SON

WE GOT GIGANTIC TAGERS, ICE CARS, SHIELD CARS, T*TS, VAMPIRE LOLIS, MOE MOE BACK, DAT PANDA, SEXY FEET, KYON, BAT-SH*T INSANE SMOOTH CRIMINALS, AND MOAR ICE CARS OBV =V

AND PSYDUCK :054:

CAPS LOCK WOULD BE CRUISE CONTROL FOR AWESOME

BUT U WOULD STILL HAVE TO STEER OBV :012:

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I have to go to GA sometime and play in one of those monthlies, Reflex and his crew promised housing if we went with them to some of the monthlies lol

Oh it has Wi-Fi? I'm all for it then, more practice for me, and Ike doesn't care in lag

Happy late bday Junk, even though you may not see this for a bit.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko

Blah. Wifail. I don't use Marth on wifi. My spacing needs tremendous work as it is. I don't need to learn how to space over Wifi. :/

BTW GHNEKO

DUSTLOOP HAS =V AS AN OFFICIAL SMILEY

THAT'S RIGHT SON

wat

viet u gay

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
;P yea it's difficult to put up with lag, it's my only option with my state's smash scene though lol.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
junk's bday was yesterday? i didn't know that. :(

lol. drunk junk.
Is than an innuendo I see, sir?

Blah. Wifail. I don't use Marth on wifi. My spacing needs tremendous work as it is. I don't need to learn how to space over Wifi. :/
I think you mean lagfi. And I will never again play on it. Sorry Synch, NO MORE WIFI FROM ME TO YOU.
wat

viet u gay
Nice Reference.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I just placed 2nd ( at a tourney ) and lost to istudyings diddy/IC in a close set.
but theres another tourney next week, so I was wondering
what stage should I CP against IC/DIDDY ?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
You could join my B+ Wifi Tourney series and play people who actually think Wifi matters LOL.
lol

I cud b pplr in minutz

I may do that though, now to pick up another sd card, I like my music and textures too much to replace it on my crrent one haha

Edit sorry just saw your comment Mr.R

IC's I'd pick stages like Delfino, Lylat possibly Brinstar. Messes up their chain grabs, and on Brinstar getting rid of Nana wouldn't be as difficult.

Lylat's tilts could mess up chain grabs

Delfino's stage chances might save you during a CG, and a couple of dtilt lock possibilities

Hmm Diddy, I have played a Diddy maybe two times offline, I can't help with that D:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
aight thanks guy.
that should help me allot, im not rlly the type that cp's those kinda stages, I always go with neutrals and that has worked out fine for me untill 2 days ago, but i guess having a good cp is wouldn't hurt

anyway what about diddy ?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
The problem with Diddy for Marth imo is that in terms of CPs theres a lot of issues going against him.
I think BF is your best neutral against him iirc.
I would think Brinstar might be a good CP, it really depends on the Diddy though.
I would do Frigate, but that's because my character does well there. Marth... not so much. The stage really screws with his bananas though, especially the flips (also sets him up for some edgeguarding).

Mr-R

Smash Champion
wait frigate sounds pretty smart ! but the problem is if I cp frigate he can just change to IC -.-

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I dunno about how Marth v. ICs works on Frigate, but it works for Lucario as well. Part of the reason is stage one is really good for gimping, which acts as a double edged sword if your recovery is mediocre (Lucario's gets a boost because of distance, that platform protects him and the walls on the stage are wallclingable which negates the fact that he has to aim for the stage and suffer lag).
IC block camping and blizzard really vary in effectiveness on this stage, more often than not it doesn't end up being really effective.
But yeah, I'd have to look at both characters again to decide how Marth would go about CPing both of them safely.

Edit: Actually, now that I think about it, Diddy doesn't like Brinstar either, so that would be a good place to pick against both chars I think.

I wonder how ICs would do on Lylat, I'd imagine it not being too great for them because tilt could really mess up their camp game and the ceiling is big enough to let you live longer from uair killing, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom