• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
D'aw, why does everyone hate Brawl? XD

Also, you're making me want to play FE. >.> Which, for the record, is not good.

CHEESE-KUN

Smash Cadet
D'aw, why does everyone hate Brawl? XD
think of it as a long-term relationship with a woman

would u live w/ a volumpous woman thats spoiled and fouled manner

who only has skindeep beauty

or a woman who is genuinely kind and still looks decent

this isnt a brawl vs melee debate in disguise

just saying

also im the best

i play red marth

im the best

my mindgames are superior

im just the best

j/k

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Oh yes. The Brawl haters.

Here's the dealio:

Brawl>SSB64
Melee>Brawl

Melee is the absolute best game in the Super Smash Series. Given this comparison, people think of Brawl as a horrible game. Had Nintendo not made Melee, brawl would seem just fine. Brawl is slow-paced and boring. Melee is fast-paced with thousands more options.
Melee:
People like this game because it is faster. In Melee there are more possibilities and options for the gamer to exploit; these include ATs such as Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc... The game itself is a faster pace, and, given these techniques, it becomes even faster at the professional level. Another admirable aspect of Super Smash Brothers Melee is balance. While it is not completely equal between all of the characters, there is no equivilent of Metaknight or Snake. The game is just overall made better than Brawl, with the exception of graphic appeal.
Brawl:
Brawl takes far less skill than Melee. There are fewer ATs, the pace is much slower, and aerials autocancel. The players are given more time to react as well as a longer time to live in this game. What makes this game popular is the younger gaming community. Those who are unable to attend tournaments can play online; this brings me to the next topic. Brawl has Wi-Fi, as you know, and Wi-Fi is a good way for the younger gamers to show their "skills." Sadly, Nintendo has failed and it takes little skill to excell in online play. Brawl is not at all balanced. The worst characters are terrible and the best are broken. Metaknight, the most outstanding of the cast, far exceeds the rest of the characters in potential; I will not go into details with this.
It's not so much that people hate Brawl, it's that they love Melee.

dabuz

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i remember when i was new here i was like dam

all these guys r so smart specially taht emblem lord guy wish i could grow up to be just like him

im still working

hes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool i cant get over it wtf

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
i remember when i was new here i was like dam

all these guys r so smart specially taht emblem lord guy wish i could grow up to be just like him

im still working

hes soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cool i cant get over it wtf
That's how I feel about Mikehaze and Shaya =D

It's a given that I look up to mods.

dabuz

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
toz you dont even know

you arrived when my prime already climaxed, pierce too

we dont make threads anymore but its k

these noobies like shaya

THEY DON EVEN KNOW

but its k, i wont be satisfied until im just like emblem lord and i can manipulate people with a 100% success rate with my words even when im just typing

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Hippie, you think it would be cool if they made a TWEWY for Wii?
I've been saying this for about a year now but square enix has yet to act :( . The game mechanic wouldnt be to hard im sure (just so long as they make drawing a circle easier). You can use the directional pad and it would work just like the pad in the game or u could just get the freakin nunchaku and make life a lot easier. All else fails, just make the side characters mainly cpu with a few manual functions.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Dang, browser crashed while I was writing my reply. Okay, now... xD

Aww, be nice D=

At least wait for him to screw something up to banish the poor kid =\
Lol. *Her, btw. XD And I'll be good, I pwomise!

Thunder of Zeus said:
*Hands Viquey a plate of cookies*

So, tell me. Why did you choose Marth?

dabuz
Yay cookies! *noms*

A friend introduced me to him back in Melee, and I was immediately hooked. Basically, pretty boy with elegant moves who's awesome to boot--what's not to like? XD

And ah, I see what's with the brawl hate. Well, I wasn't exactly that good in melee, so Brawl being slightly more simplistic is great for me. XD Also, I'm a sucker for the pretty graphics.

and lastly, yes that's what I meant. XD I don't have a DS nor the money for a DS or the game, and I'm busy enough without yet another game stealing my time. Maybe one day...

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
wow virg so impatient just chill yo hes proly trying to make it perfect

impatience leads to the dark side mr goody tooshoo

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Oh yes. The Brawl haters.

Here's the dealio:

Brawl>SSB64
Melee>Brawl

Melee is the absolute best game in the Super Smash Series. Given this comparison, people think of Brawl as a horrible game. Had Nintendo not made Melee, brawl would seem just fine. Brawl is slow-paced and boring. Melee is fast-paced with thousands more options.
Melee:
People like this game because it is faster. In Melee there are more possibilities and options for the gamer to exploit; these include ATs such as Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, etc... The game itself is a faster pace, and, given these techniques, it becomes even faster at the professional level. Another admirable aspect of Super Smash Brothers Melee is balance. While it is not completely equal between all of the characters, there is no equivilent of Metaknight or Snake. The game is just overall made better than Brawl, with the exception of graphic appeal.
Brawl:
Few people like Brawl. Brawl takes far less skill than Melee. There are fewer ATs, the pace is much slower, and aerials autocancel. The players are given more time to react as well as a longer time to live in this game. What makes this game popular is the younger gaming community. Those who are unable to attend tournaments can play online; this brings me to the next topic. Brawl has Wi-Fi, as you know, and Wi-Fi is a good way for the younger gamers to show their "skills." Sadly, Nintendo has failed and it takes little skill to excell in online play. Brawl is not at all balanced. The worst characters are terrible and the best are broken. Metaknight, the most outstanding of the cast, far exceeds the rest of the characters in potential; I will not go into details with this.
It's not so much that people hate Brawl, it's that they love Melee.

dabuz
The melee statement you have stated is true but some of the brawl comments you have made are NOT TRUE. "Few people like brawl" is definetely not true because the brawl communtiy is WAY bigger than the melee community nd thats not because the younger community plays the game, it is because brawl is where the money is at & is an up-to-date game. I dont know you personally & I dont know if you go to tournaments but brawl tournaments are way bigger than the melee tournaments. Half of the people that go to these brawl tournies came from melee so if I can quote your statement people love the brawl community. I understand that it is as no way as entertaining as melee & the melee players that dont play brawl hate watching brawl. But I can tell you most of the players that have converted from melee to brawl love playing Brawl just because its another form of competition nd there are new things found within the game everyday while everybody basically knows everything about melee from the 7 years it has been out. To tell you the truth I play Brawl all the time & is one of my fav games but I always watch melee video's. I've only been to 4 tournies & now that I get the main concept on how to play great, watching melee vids benefits me because alot of the mindgames in melee are the same you apply to brawl. Except for the fact you have wavedashing, l-cancelling, nd all that technical stuff that are in melee.

Also it is not proven that melee has more at's than brawl just for the fact brawl has only been out for more than 1 year. Things are being discovered everyday with brawl so we dont know that melee has more at's for sure.

But one thing that is true is that their is NO character balance in Brawl. The S & A tier characters are far more superior to the lowered tier characters.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Lol ToZ I knew that before you did. XD

Well, PD, I'm aight. Its' not like I'm worth bragging about anyway lol.

Oh, and on topic, I couldn't juggle for crap at a tournament last weekend because I wasn't Uair'ing before I hit the ground or anything. I'll think on it and be ready for the next Brawl tournament on the 11th(which will probably not be Genesis, if any of you are concerned).

Edit at Takeover: Genesis has about the same number of Brawl and Melee entrants despite Brawl being the newer and more appealing game.

Not arguing, just pointing that out.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
The melee statement you have stated is true but some of the brawl comments you have made are NOT TRUE. "Few people like brawl" is definetely not true because the brawl communtiy is WAY bigger than the melee community nd thats not because the younger community plays the game, it is because brawl is where the money is at & is an up-to-date game. I dont know you personally & I dont know if you go to tournaments but brawl tournaments are way bigger than the melee tournaments. Half of the people that go to these brawl tournies came from melee so if I can quote your statement people love the brawl community. I understand that it is as no way as entertaining as melee & the melee players that dont play brawl hate watching brawl. But I can tell you most of the players that have converted from melee to brawl love playing Brawl just because its another form of competition nd there are new things found within the game everyday while everybody basically knows everything about melee from the 7 years it has been out. To tell you the truth I play Brawl all the time & is one of my fav games but I always watch melee video's. I've only been to 4 tournies & now that I get the main concept on how to play great, watching melee vids benefits me because alot of the mindgames in melee are the same you apply to brawl. Except for the fact you have wavedashing, l-cancelling, nd all that technical stuff that are in melee.

Also it is not proven that melee has more at's than brawl just for the fact brawl has only been out for more than 1 year. Things are being discovered everyday with brawl so we dont know that melee has more at's for sure.

But one thing that is true is that their is NO character balance in Brawl. The S & A tier characters are far more superior to the lowered tier characters.
I agree with your comment on character balance.

One main reason that people switched from Melee to Brawl was because they just were not capable of competing at that level.
The Brawl tournaments are more filled because, as you said, the game is newer and people are biased towards the "pretty graphics" and "best thing on the market."

The overwhelming majority of the competitive Smashers agree that the Melee gameplay is better. Many people get bored with Brawl (especially online play) And revert back to Melee. There are loads of players here that can attest to that.

I should have chosen my words more carefully in my post. I will edit it.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Lol ToZ I knew that before you did. XD

Well, PD, I'm aight. Its' not like I'm worth bragging about anyway lol.

Oh, and on topic, I couldn't juggle for crap at a tournament last weekend because I wasn't Uair'ing before I hit the ground or anything. I'll think on it and be ready for the next Brawl tournament on the 11th(which will probably not be Genesis, if any of you are concerned).

Edit at Takeover: Genesis has about the same number of Brawl and Melee entrants despite Brawl being the newer and more appealing game.

Not arguing, just pointing that out.
Yea I know that but my comment is regarding that in general, brawl tournies are bigger than melee tournies. The reason Genesis is gonna be big in both departments because we have alot of players that play brawl & melee, + the entire melee only community is gonna be there, & this is the most hyped tournament this year.

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
I agree with your comment on character balance.

One main reason that people switched from Melee to Brawl was because they just were not capable of competing at that level.
The Brawl tournaments are more filled because, as you said, the game is newer and people are biased towards the "pretty graphics" and "best thing on the market."

The overwhelming majority of the competitive Smashers agree that the Melee gameplay is better. Many people get bored with Brawl (especially online play) And revert back to Melee. There are loads of players here that can attest to that.

I should have chosen my words more carefully in my post. I will edit it.
Well I can argue your statement you made about most players switched from melee to brawl because they weren't competing at a high level is definetaly not true. I can name a number of pros that converted from melee to brawl that were one of the best in melee. For example M2K, Azen, Chu, Chillin, Taj, Ninja link, boss, & others which this list is coming from my head. There are alot more pros that were very good at melee that I did not mention. Of course you still have your pros that did not convert to brawl like mango, SS, PC, Shiz, & others just to name a few. BUT THE PLAYERS IN BRAWL DEFINETALY WERE ONE OF THE BEST IN MELEE. I can agree that melee gameplay is way better than brawl but if you dont play brawl competitevely than you cannot argue that brawl is boring. BECAUSE BRAWL IS DEFENITELY FUN TO PLAY but in its own way

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
Well I can argue your statement you made about most players switched from melee to brawl because they weren't competing at a high level is definetaly not true. I can name a number of pros that converted from melee to brawl that were one of the best in melee. For example M2K, Azen, Chu, Chillin, Taj, Ninja link, boss, & others which this list is coming from my head. There are alot more pros that were very good at melee that I did not mention. Of course you still have your pros that did not convert to brawl like mango, SS, PC, Shiz, & others just to name a few. BUT THE PLAYERS IN BRAWL DEFINETALY WERE ONE OF THE BEST IN MELEE. I can agree that melee gameplay is way better than brawl but if you dont play brawl competitevely than you cannot argue that brawl is boring. BECAUSE BRAWL IS DEFENITELY FUN TO PLAY but in its own way
Brawl is fun, but not as fun as Melee. I play at a high enough level to know this

Most of those names still play Melee as well iirc. It's not called professional for nothing... They will win more tournaments and money at Brawl, where the competition is not as fierce.

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
jesus christ ur arguing about brawl and melee IN A MARTH BRAWL FORUM

grow up, watch some haruhi, try to dominate the world and ggs

*leaves useless gd thread*
Make your 3000th post worth it!!!

Yeah, I'm done talking about this... PM me about it if you want to. I quite enjoy our chat, but it's derailing the thread.

dabuz

Top Bottom