• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
So im going to a tournament tommorrow and im gonna use all marth again Woot that means im coming back for sure!! maybe i'll get some vids up of my awesomeness oh yea and also

I call my self the Tip King (aka Storm King) from now on

maybe we should Proclaim some other marths like Spike king .. combo king .... etc... :O

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
No, he will infract you if you talk thrash and off topic and be annoying.

Btw people i've started on a list with all Marth's throw combos from 0%. I'l probably finish it over the weekend.
Steel2nd said:
Dear AlMoStLeGeNdArY,

You have received a warning at Smash World Forums.

Reason:
-------
Signature Violation

make sure your post's text is bigger than your sig
-------

Original Post:
[post]7391206[/post]
ZMT your sig is awesome.

Melee marth is broken I don't see how ppl can come from melee not complain about marth but ***** and moan about MK every 5 seconds.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
Smash World Forums

yeah bboyindo you're right or not....... but whatever.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
In all seriousness now,

Ive been playing around with Marth lately in friendlies and stuff. Theres sooo many gimmicky things that work so well that I never see anyone use.

I always been almost like a chameleon type player, using so much **** from other people and only doing so much for myself. But its time for a change :)

Like, Im aware that everything you do has already likely been done before, kinda like when I watch Pierce, he does weird stuff that works for him.

I literally never use Dair, ever. Ive been experimenting with utilt and ftilt exc, which I got some decent results with. Some characters like Fox and other fastfallers can be comboed from a utilt (if they are behind you only, and it tips) at LOW percent, into a tipped fsmash. Utilt also combos into a grab at low percents unless your opponent is MK or someone with extremely fast aerials.

Yeah its all really situational stuff...yeah, but Imma write a guide on a ton of new things that nobody ever does that works. Because the more stuff you know, the better. I test this stuff against GOOD players, not just in friendlies with friends.

Idk what motivated me to make this post either...I think getting ***** countless times by the D3's and MK's here idk. xD

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
God ****it Zelda Master Timmy, when I see "Melbourne, Florida" makes me want to change my Location to "Miami Beach, Gold Coast" (lived there for like, 4 years)

Oh the large amount of similarities in city names from Florida to Australia.
We even share an epic reef.

ANYWAY GENESIS MARTHS!

* Shaya
* Californian Marfs
* Ken (lol, probs not)
* Pierce
* ????

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
@ZMT:

I know what you mean. As a Marth there is almost this overwhelming instinct to find your own way or tactic to improve your Marth, but often what you integrate into your play style has already been discovered. Personally, I'm so desperate to find something new that I tryed using DB1, DB2UP, DB3DOWN to start a tech chase lol. (It didn't work.)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
My marf mixes doop walking, boost pivot grabs and dash dancing for epic amounts of SLIDE.

I've been a huge supporter of utilt for a VERY, VERY, VERY long time.
It's weakness is that it feels so RIGHT to use against someone who's on a platform above you, yet it's so fail if it's shielded. ;\

But other than that, it's a really good move to cover landings, can kill, sets up for uair chains, etc etc.

Shieldbreaker as an epic aerial approach? Yeah, manly.

B reversed dancing blades in the air causing you to move backwards and beat out some of the horrible air momentum characters air dodges? Yeah, manly.

Pierce is pretty manly though.
I'm not sure if I can qualify for being (more) manly, considering most of my stuff is LOLMETAKNIGHTNEUTRALAIRRAPESIT.

Junk DGH

Smash Apprentice
up tilt isnt great on heavies cause most heavies stick to the ground and space u horizontally

its great vs ppl like mk

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
i really wanna know whats the Kill percentage for up tilt

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=198144

While the opponent is grounded...

1. An untippered strike deals 9% and kills at 127%.
2. A tippered strike, being extremely hard to hit with deals 12% and KILLS LATER than the untipperd attack after 140% damage.
While the opponent is in the air... and at the right angle
3. Both tipped and untipped strikes seem to kill at 117%.

Now many may be confused on why I'm bignoting utilt, doesn't seem too special - at best kills at around the same time as upsmash does. Perhaps you question the weird hitbox drawn in the 'utilt photo'?

The blue hitbox drawn above is the ultimate sweet spot in Marth's utilt. It deals 10% and sends opponents directly upwards, hence much easier to aim than trying to hit at the 90° angle to actually kill. The hitbox of utilt covers an arc directly to his feet behind him.

* "Sweet spot" utilt will kill grounded opponents at 108%.
* "Sweet spot" utilt will kill an opponent off the ground (in the 'blue hitbox' shown above) starting from 104%; yes only 2% higher than Dancing Blade.
Snake's uptilt kills 96%? on Mario.
No DI, by the way.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
No, he will infract you if you talk thrash and off topic and be annoying.

Btw people i've started on a list with all Marth's throw combos from 0%. I'l probably finish it over the weekend.
This is a great idea can't wait to see it
I basically have to find out through trial and error if its a match up I'm not familiar with, which is kinda annoying, I <3 throws to tipper Fsmash

BBoyindo

Smash Ace
This is a great idea can't wait to see it
I basically have to find out through trial and error if its a match up I'm not familiar with, which is kinda annoying, I <3 throws to tipper Fsmash
Exactly thats why i'm making it! I mean against lighter chars i usually just do Fthrow to stutter stepped Fsmash but then i'm never sure if it'll tipper.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i recorded with Tyrant and Champ last night

they weren't good since tyrant and i didn't get to warm up before

but i'll post them when i find out they're up

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Guys I placed 8th in a wifi tourney. Celebrate!!! LolIt all uphill form here.

Can't wait to see the vids anyway mike.

§leepy God

Smash Master
You guys should create a stage guide, nearly everybody on the boards are doing it. Or if you do have one, make it a sticky and make it more active. :3

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
You guys should create a stage guide, nearly everybody on the boards are doing it. Or if you do have one, make it a sticky and make it more active. :3
Isn't it on the first page aswell? Thanks for the concern, and we're not eevryone, we're the Marth boards, Leaders ftw!

CHEESE-KUN

Smash Cadet
Isn't it on the first page aswell? Thanks for the concern, and we're not eevryone, we're the Marth boards, Leaders ftw!
yea elitism

and rukkiko wat was the # of entrants?

cuz for all i know it could be 8/8 lol

& steel i thought we discussed this already

i know being named CHEESE-KUN while being lactose intolerant (whoa i spelt that right i think) is ironic no need to make every1 curious

wow longest post yet

yay me i should win a tourney or sumthin

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Smashboards almost ruined my day today:

Luckily I'm going to a tourney; introduce people to "ridiculous hitstun game," camp in "party game for everyone" and get knee'd in "Justice Moonwalker."

And finally...

be able to drink a Red Bull.

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to a tournament on Monday. Ally and Kingace will both be there. Should I just give up now?

Top Bottom