• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
And that's the part that's wrong >_< It's not inconsistent any more so than Halo. You're just playing it wrong or you're not that good if you think that's what happens. Very close-mindedly, mind you.

Player-3

Smash Hero
gow is fun but.. i doubt it has the chance to overtake shooters lol

its a 3rd person shooter... kinda can't classify it with fps

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Why don't you go ask the D3 players how I perform against them with Marth? If you are skeptical of my advice, I don't see why you should be satisfied with my own telling of my own performance.

To defeat M2k, you need to never ever airdodge in the first two stocks, and be prepared to read cross-up rolls out of dash. You must also anticipate, and master punishing Downb recoveries, and have IMPECCABLE spacing.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
And that's the part that's wrong >_< It's not inconsistent any more so than Halo. You're just playing it wrong or you're not that good if you think that's what happens. Very close-mindedly, mind you.

Playing it wrong?
I play Domination and Search and Destroy.

I maintained roughly in MW2 a 2KD.

Yes it is more inconsistent to more random crap that happens.
You don't get RPG'd across the map. You have time to react to have people behind you. You can't get spawn-trapped if you know what your doing.

Playing it wrong?

The only "right" way to play it is with a team in each objective that can hold their own with atleast a 2KD and cooperate with team intentions.

In which case that can hardly happen.

On Halo you don't need to go in with a team. After you hit rank 20 in any objective list you get players who know how to play intelligently and have the intentions of getting as high as they can.

On CoD I have to worry about my teammates blowing **** every match. I have to worry about whether they are going to go after challenges for ******** weapons. I have to worry about whether people are going to abuse aspects of the game that the creators did not intend to be abused that way.

I guess what I'm saying is that CoD's community has gone to the dogs and has some of the biggest scrubs i've ever seen in my FPS gaming "life".
CoD has playlists for everyone...the only way you are going to get competitive out of it is GB. Which is what I did and still had to deal with things like camping and the ACR.

Halo does have ******* on it. But the community is competitively centered, where as CoD's community is a bunch of ten year olds and people who get on there to piss other people off.There is no crap where I have to worry about idiots on my team.

I guess it's not necessarily CoD as a game except for how little skill is involved due to how fast paced it is, but its community blows the biggest chodes i've ever seen in my life.

^^^^and if this is too close minded for you im sorry

Too bad i actually go in-depth with my posts instead of just telling others what is wrong with theirs or what they are doing wrong.

Black Ops slowed down the pace while keeping it entertaining and took out a dose of the BS that crap players abuse.

Its like running UU pokemon teams in OU. You can get to 1100 CRE but your not going to hit 1500CRE with that piece of **** your using. Your just squishing good players down by using things that no one would or should be prepared for.

TL;DR
Halo is a more balanced game. CoD IS faster paced but too fast paced to keep balance and skill more equivalent. CoD has a piece of crap community. Halo is competitively centered. CoD isn't.

Albert.

Smash Master
Why don't you go ask the D3 players how I perform against them with Marth? If you are skeptical of my advice, I don't see why you should be satisfied with my own telling of my own performance.
You didn't answer the question Pierce so why would I answer yours?

:p

We both knew the answer anyway

Reizilla

playing it wrong?
I play domination and search and destroy.

I maintained roughly in mw2 a 2kd.

irrelevant.

yes it is more inconsistent to more random crap that happens.
You don't get rpg'd across the map. You have time to react to have people behind you. You can't get spawn-trapped if you know what your doing.

see walshy vs. Strongside and basically any h2 match.

playing it wrong?

The only "right" way to play it is with a team in each objective that can hold their own with atleast a 2kd and cooperate with team intentions.

if you're playing with people that maintain a 2kd, you're playing against scrubs. Of course a game is gonna suck if all you do is play against scrubs. That's like playing big team battle and complaining that people **** around with the vehicles.

in which case that can hardly happen.

On halo you don't need to go in with a team. After you hit rank 20 in any objective list you get players who know how to play intelligently and have the intentions of getting as high as they can.

this is only true in mlg playlists.

on cod i have to worry about my teammates blowing **** every match. I have to worry about whether they are going to go after challenges for ******** weapons. I have to worry about whether people are going to abuse aspects of the game that the creators did not intend to be abused that way.

you're just complaining about the people that play the game. The only really good way to play halo was with a team of four. That's it. Anything more and you're risking it. Customs or you can't complain about people having fun in a fun game. Also, remember: Modders, super jumping... Hell, bungie released a beta just to find glitches because people abused them so omuch in h2. Lest we not forget that mlg playlists are absolutely nothing like ffa rocket ball or swat or other playlists in halo that were originally intended for play.

i guess what i'm saying is that cod's community has gone to the dogs and has some of the biggest scrubs i've ever seen in my fps gaming "life".
Cod has playlists for everyone...the only way you are going to get competitive out of it is gb. Which is what i did and still had to deal with things like camping and the acr.

you're complaining about camping....... Deal with it. It's perfectly viable. Halo is campy as hell, especially h3. See above also.

halo does have ******* on it. But the community is competitively centered, where as cod's community is a bunch of ten year olds and people who get on there to piss other people off.there is no crap where i have to worry about idiots on my team.

the mlg community is competitively centered. It just happens to be much bigger in halo than in cod. From what you've said, it doesn't sound like you were around when it wasn't, but there was a time when it had the exact same thing and mlg was a fairly small niche. That's just what you have to stick to to find people to play the game right. People didn't go into multi-team battle expecting to get their competitive thrill fulfilled.

i guess it's not necessarily cod as a game except for how little skill is involved due to how fast paced it is, but its community blows the biggest chodes i've ever seen in my life.

fast does not take away the skill. That part just doesn't make sense. The halo community is filled with the biggest douches i've ever met. People here are lovely compared to that, which should tell you something. The community here at smashboards is small, if you go into wifi with anybody, you'll see how much competitive spirit the average player puts out. That doesn't make brawl a terrible competitive game, or a terrible game in general. You're just not playing it right if that's what you're looking for.

^^^^and if this is too close minded for you im sorry

too bad i actually go in-depth with my posts instead of just telling others what is wrong with theirs or what they are doing wrong.

Black ops slowed down the pace while keeping it entertaining and took out a dose of the bs that crap players abuse.

Its like running uu pokemon teams in ou. You can get to 1100 cre but your not going to hit 1500cre with that piece of **** your using. Your just squishing good players down by using things that no one would or should be prepared for.

Tl;dr
halo is a more balanced game. Cod is faster paced but too fast paced to keep balance and skill more equivalent. Cod has a piece of crap community. Halo is competitively centered. Cod isn't.

i will admit that cod is very broken and that i hate the way the game plays and how much of a ******* you have to make of it in order play it competitively is ridiculous, but it's not a far cry from halo. Halo isn't the saint of fps. It was mlg that made the "great community."
:131:

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
@SGS

Im not saying that Halo doesnt have its random ****. In CoD it happens every match. Random Nade, random rpg, random spawn.

Speed does take away from the game. CoD have flashbangs, grenades, tactical equipment. MW2 showed just how bad "fast" can get. There was no skill in killing people. The guns were lasers. You looked at someone for half a second and you'd be dead.

CoD isn't as competitively oriented as Halo is.
Complaining about camping? Let me tell you what I think camping is.

*sitting in an obscure corner aiming down sights on a very low-traffic area hoping for the odd person to come through*

I could care less if they were sitting in a corner of a main building...that's called defending.

2KD players aren't scrubs...anyone who can manage a 2KD in that game is pretty darn good IMO. Keep your opinions about what scrubs are. I'm very interested if you could keep a 2KD throughout your whole CoD existence playing for the objective.

And no its not only true in MLG playlists. You've had a different experience and I've had a different experience. Im sorry you feel the need to argue about different opinions. Its like Republicans vs Democrats. Democrats think Pro-Choice and Immigrant Babies should get US right. Republicans think Pro Life and think Immigrants ruin the country.

Forget it. I dont think CoD is on the same competitive level of Halo and can never reach it because of its gameplay.

Im not going to argue against you.

You can voice your opinion all you want...oh and once again all you did was criticize my post.

And Zano has a point. Im done with humoring your un-relating ****. I dont know why your in here and I dont understand why Shaya doesn't just kick you out. Shouldnt there be a rule for repeat offenders?

Reizilla

Wow, I don't think you read my post. I pointed out to you how everything you found "wrong" in CoD is also easily found in Halo. In a game like CoD, the skill isn't in getting the kill, it's in not dying. You're complaining about social aspects of the game. Like complaining about smashballs and hammers. If you want to be competitive, you get rid of those things, just like turning off vehicles and items in Halo.

This isn't an argument. It's me pointing out facts. I'm not making my own points because your points are simply misguided judgments.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Your right I didnt read your post all the way through cuz they all tend to be ****.

Easily found in Halo?

That random factor only exists in H2 in my eyes.

But lets just look at how much **** you have to take out to make CoD competitively fair compared to Halo. AND EVEN AT THAT the guns in that game shoot to fast for any skill more than having a steady finger and having the first reaction. CoD is about not dying. Halo is about coordinating with your team, map control, keeping pressure on the opposing team, being able to hold your own, fast thinking, great accuracy, consistent accuracy, and knowing the map.

What does CoD take? First reaction, faster reaction, you can try and use your team..but its not needed. One guy can easily make up for two people in CoD. There is no thought involved. Its just.."OKAY, LETS GO HERE AND KILL ALL OF THEM AND THEN DO IT AGAIN. If its objective based then its more like this OKAY, LETS GO TO THIS AREA AND KILL THEM, AND THEN WE CAN SIT OUTSIDE THEIR SPAWN AND STARE DOWN OUR SIGHTS.

A ******** kid with his thumb up his *** could play that game and pull out positive.

Reizilla

Against scrubs. You go do that against people that actually know what they're doing and then tell me how that goes.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Hm okay. Gamebattles....

I got beat a good number of times. This was back in CoD4.
After about 4 times. I figured it out. All I had to do was go from corner to corner with an MP5 or an M16 and I'd win.

If it was with my team. We'd go from corner to corner as the enemy team would walk into the building and we'd shoot them. Its not hard. All we had to do was choose a building and sit there.

Woopty Doo.

In Halo to effectively spawn trap them. You actually have to think. You have to predict where they are going to be at. If you predict wrong your dead. If you predict right then you extend it by another spawn wave. In Halo's gun battles...you have the option to come out on top if you dont get the first shot. Its called grenades. Strafing. Jumping. Run around a wall. In CoD your just dead.

Of course competitive people in that game will be harder. But it wont be as challenging or fair than in Halo.

CoD doesnt stand up to Halo when it comes to competitive play.

∫unk

Smash Master
dabuz' post was ****... LMAO

my favorites were:
"wants a drama free relationship"
"is about to confront her fear of chickens for the first time"

halo and cod are good games that take different skill sets, and happen to be in the same genre... are you guys arguing for the sake of arguing?

it's like comparing melee and brawl

Reizilla

You're missing the point entirely. In CoD, DON'T GET HIT. That's it. You get hit, you die. YOUR fault. Not the game's fault. Yours. Obviously, the people you played didn't know what they were doing. I'm talking about GOOD players. Not random scrub teams. CoD's competitive life was much younger than Halo's, they're farther and fewer in between.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Sup, I am a Melee player just starting to play Brawl again. Entered like 5 tourneys since starting back up with Brawl. Playing Marth. Would be nice to get to know some of you and get better at Brawl.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
@ Oro ---Can I ask as to why you decided to come back to brawl?

I bought and played Gears of War 2. I didn't really like the online.
It just wasn't fun tbh. Its a great game Im just not into that genre. The campaign is amazing. I cant wait to play that **** with 3 of my buddies and we **** all them locusts up.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
No reason in particular. I am gonna still play Melee, and like the game more on the whole, but not everyone I know plays Melee. I think the reason I quit was mainly because I didn't have a good character I enjoyed to play. I mained Yoshi and when I got frustrated with that, tried MK like everyone does, hated it, and ultimately quit. I am lucky there were 2 Melee players in my town, that I actually went to highschool with, otherwise I probably would've quit smash altogether. A couple of months ago I drove IL to some OOS tournaments just because I am a nice guy, and kept joking I was going to start playing Brawl again, and I really didn't think it was going to happen. Guess I kinda actually enjoyed it, heh.

So yeah, been playing Marth since then. The transition has been really easy, but I am worried because I rely too much on spacing and frame traps without actually knowing a single thing about any of his matchups besides don't get grabbed by X characters pretty much. The only matchups I think I know a little bit would be ROB and Kirby because of friends I usually smash with.

Ummmm other junk about me. I am currently the project head of Brawl-. I have only been playing Melee for 1 year, but I think I am purty good (for being Midwest Melee at least rofl). I have vids on youtube, usually of me getting ***** by Kels/Tink/Cosmo if you know the names. I love the smash scene to death, but if I started smashing anywhere besides Illinois/Wisconsin I probably would've never gotten into it so much. <3 IL/WI.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
No reason in particular. I am gonna still play Melee, and like the game more on the whole, but not everyone I know plays Melee. I think the reason I quit was mainly because I didn't have a good character I enjoyed to play. I mained Yoshi and when I got frustrated with that, tried MK like everyone does, hated it, and ultimately quit. I am lucky there were 2 Melee players in my town, that I actually went to highschool with, otherwise I probably would've quit smash altogether. A couple of months ago I drove IL to some OOS tournaments just because I am a nice guy, and kept joking I was going to start playing Brawl again, and I really didn't think it was going to happen. Guess I kinda actually enjoyed it, heh.

So yeah, been playing Marth since then. The transition has been really easy, but I am worried because I rely too much on spacing and frame traps without actually knowing a single thing about any of his matchups besides don't get grabbed by X characters pretty much. The only matchups I think I know a little bit would be ROB and Kirby because of friends I usually smash with.

Ummmm other junk about me. I am currently the project head of Brawl-. I have only been playing Melee for 1 year, but I think I am purty good (for being Midwest Melee at least rofl). I have vids on youtube, usually of me getting ***** by Kels/Tink/Cosmo if you know the names. I love the smash scene to death, but if I started smashing anywhere besides Illinois/Wisconsin I probably would've never gotten into it so much. <3 IL/WI.
Well. Im very glad that you came back. Im glad you stuck through with the smash scene. TBH spacing is always going to be prevalent in any Marth MU so no harm done. Frame-Traps are nice too.

Really the only thing about marth are his fundamentals. Such as spacing, tippers, killing, baits, ZONING, etc.

But from middle-high tier and up each character takes some special care with each on how you react and play.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
Exactly. It's the little things that keep me from winning close sets with good players. Notable players I have taken close and lost to, Blue Rogue, Arty, Ook, Ripple. I know literally nothing about character specific tips/tricks.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Exactly. It's the little things that keep me from winning close sets with good players. Notable players I have taken close and lost to, Blue Rogue, Arty, Ook, Ripple. I know literally nothing about character specific tips/tricks.
I know what you mean. Im at the phase where I need to start learning specific match ups.

Its a pain in the *** and time consuming I know.

I actually took like 5 hours off and went to each board for Marth vs (all characters) and vice versa. I wrote it all down on a little cheat sheet and I look over whatever character I will most likely be fighting before I fight them.

Its really helpful :D

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Oh, welcome aboard then Oro. We talk about randomness in the social thread instead of being stuck up all the time. xD

I like your avi and if you got close to beating Ook then you've done better than what I've ever done lol. (I miss playing that guy)

Top Bottom