• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Kel

Smash Master
Won another tournament with Marth.

Also discovered that the GAW match up is not as easy as I thought it was in 2008.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's not as easy as 2008, you still need to make reads and play it well. To me it's like... a less dangerous Kirby mu.

One exception,
Include the Diddy Analysis...

Always
Expect
Forward
Air

AEFA

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's just how much respect I give the move.

Pretty much every situation I evaluate diddy's options at the time, and if forward air is one of them (or fair is a possible next used option) I always manoeuvre appropriately. IIRC P1 said I handled diddy's fair better than mike/ramin :p

but yeah, play diddies, expect the forward air, forward air where their body is going to go, win like 90% of the time because diddy will ****ing always forward air.

Kel

Smash Master
Really? GAW felt like a MORE dangerous kirby to me. GAW's smash punishes are so much harder than Kirby's. Of course, I have played with YbM for 3+ years, so I'm pretty used to fighting Kirby. Joey mostly kept slipping past me with things that you don't expect all the time, like when I would shield his turtle, up B wouldn't hit. Or when I would hit him with Over B, he'd sometimes fall out. It also didn't help that he had 9 hammers on tap.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Marth's dtilt outranges every ground move GAW has and clanks with Ftilt/Dtilt/Fsmash/etc.
Shield -> upb, counter everytime his back is to you and he jumps lol.
Should be gg.

clowsui

Smash Legend
he means counter poke or counter his option. GW has harder punishes but he cannot actually force you to guess or commit (unlike Kirby). like he is solid at juggling marth but he's remarkably limited at edgeguarding him + fighting marth in the neutral cuz of what nike pointed out (dtilt = destruction)

Nike.

Smash Hero
The mindgame/mixup I see whenever GAW knows I'll counter turtle is he'll empty short hop or short hop -> air dodge. If you do decide to use counter, make sure it's by reaction and not by read after he's conditioned by it.

EDIT: I actually meant the move counter lol.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
ty all, even tho I'm days late.

Speaking of late, it's been almost 4 months since I've gotten an infraction. Why have I been behaving

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't get your tiara in a bunch. Just let the server moves settle down first before you set all of that up again. :applejack:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Shaya help me. Something's wrong.

I stopped myself from making an infraction-worthy post, thinking "it's not worth it."

:o

KillLock

Smash Lord
Hey Marth boards, I'm going to Apex wooooo!

Need to find a good partner by tomorrow though or I'm only going for singles haha

KillLock

Smash Lord
we will see about mm'ing i don't have much money. i may i'll see what happens by that time.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jan 7
13:41 Final delivery 2020 AUSTRALIA

> Now
Jan 8
0:49 Raging Hard 2020 AUSTRALIA

****ing deliveries neverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr bother to actually come to the door

So I'm going to have to WALK to

in FORTY PLUS ****ING DEGREE HEAT (that's 110 F for you nonmetric noobs)

and I'll be likely going in this route, with a whopping distance of

ONE POINT EIGHT KILOMETRES (that's about 1.1 miles you zano-esque creature)

Oh, and then I'm going to have to ****ing walk BACK with a
FIVE KILO BOX (that's 11 pounds, *******)

I don't think my body will be able to take this many strenuous things this month so I'm going to have to skip apex.
Yes, I will be conveniently detouring around John Street in my travels. Planning ahead.

Top Bottom