• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i voted for neo too...even though id rather see esam or someone whos good at the game...but neo is too awesome to pass up

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Forever mad.....at the universe.

Happy Birthday Bengalz, and happy belated Birthday to Player 3

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Happy birthday Bengalz.

So this is probably something everyone here knows about, but there's this crazy wtf hitbox on nair that kills extremely early (stronger than the usual tipper), I'm wondering about where it is, does anyone know?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That is the Shayair. Nobody knows anything about it, but we all thank Pierce whenever we pull it off.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It doesn't "exist" inside PSA at all.

I was quite shocked when there was no literal 'new' hitbox or something when I tinkered with PSA agessssss ago.

The discussion on it at the time came down to:
- In brawl hitboxes have base knock back changes based on the angle at which a hitbox is aligned at the time of hitting something.

Some noted examples were bowser's up tilt or something.
Marth's neutral air is probably the most prevalent example.
Of course it could have some unknown flag that just means 'the longer the hitbox out the more powerful it is' - which is literally.. what's happening: the longer the move is out for the more powerful the knockback is.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
It's time for MY FAVOURITE PART OF THE WEEK

yeah... its kinda like doc's nair.
I'm not sure whether or not untippered neutral air also gets more powerful the longer it's out for. From experience/observations I'd probably tend towards it does, but I'm not sure. It's pretty hard to not hit someone with the nair hitbox at all and then suddenly do it within non-tipper range. Maybe spot dodges would work. BUT LAZY.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I skipped about 3 minutes in, saw no one lost a stock

then I skipped 5 minutes in, saw no one lost a stock

THEN, I skipped 7 minutes in and.....**** it

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
As many as you want because Virg doesn't keep track.

Why is there a big *** black piece of **** on top of my User CP? Shaya, fix it, pl0x!

Top Bottom