• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

V

Smash Ace
And look at the results thread. The money earned by mk has gone from 20ish% to 45% and will continue rising. I personally use mk and enjoy the character. But as far as the integrity of the community goes and the health of the tournament scene if banning the character will revitalize this community then it should be discussed/tested and the ****ing mods/admins need to stop playing god.

:phone:

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
No one's stopping anyone from holding MK-banned tourneys. If you really want to see something, test it out yourself. You don't need someone to give you the go-ahead. A lot of places were holding MK-banned tourneys back when the last vote took place. Now, there are few. If you want to show that the community wants and needs MK-banned, that's a much better way than complaining on a forum. When these tournaments get so many more people and all the top MKs suck now or whatever people think will happen, then you'll have something to really talk about. Stop waiting and just do it.

V

Smash Ace
But I don't necessarily want a ban. I want the community to be able to freely talk about a ban without mods closing the threads.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S.F.H, by your attitude and tone in your posts just now, its pretty obvious to see why an emotionally charged issue such as MK's legality is disallowed.

Anger, circular discussion, trolling etc etc is WHY MK ban topics are closed.
It's the same reason why we don't allow melee vs brawl threads.

Think before you start raging.
Please.

The whole "mods are dictators why can't we discuss things we want to discuss" automatically makes me assume you're a child, I'm currently unaware of how old you are.

You can discuss MK, but you have to use social groups.

V

Smash Ace
First of all every human being on the planet has their right to be angry and nobody has the right to tell them they can't. Second who cares if a debate is emotionally charged? I'd like to hear a logical answer on why emotions aren't allowed in discussions or debates because from my understanding and experience most debates are fueled by emotions on one side or both. Third why does "the mods are dictators" make you assume I'm a child? Please look up webster's definition of a dictator and tell me that's not what mods are when they close "ban mk" threads and also tell me how that makes me a child. I'm actually 21 and have a high IQ so don't tell me I'm being a child for saying something you don't like or take offense to. Fourth, people have their right to assembly and free speech. Of course this an international website so we can't sit down together, so how is every person on this site supposed to meet at the same time to discuss the topic without making a designated thread for it? We have a MU thread right? We have a video thread right? Why is that? Because they're separate topics that warrant separate threads so when people open those threads they know they're about to read and post based on the topic. So how then does banning mk not deserve its own designation? Its a perfectly legitimate topic for conversation unique to itself. If I posted a video of my marth in this thread asking for a critique would you not direct me to the critique thread? And what would your reason be? Because this is designated for social discussion and there's another thread for the purpose of critiques right? So how do you logically decide that social discussion, critique, MU, and other topics deserve their own thread yet banning mk doesn't?

I'm eagerly awaiting your reply.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Freedom of Speech does not exist on private property.

My last post already explicitly answered your latest (longer) post's reasons for why MK discussion is outlawed. What part of it causes a ****storm don't you get? Stuff like that requires HEAVY MODERATION for it to remain even remotely civil. ADHD's topic I'm pretty sure was kept open for a 'while' on purpose until a wave of crap came in that proved (like always) that [public] MK banned topics will have the same result.

V

Smash Ace
Freedom of Speech does not exist on private property.

My last post already explicitly answered your latest (longer) post's reasons for why MK discussion is outlawed. What part of it causes a ****storm don't you get? Stuff like that requires HEAVY MODERATION for it to remain even remotely civil. ADHD's topic I'm pretty sure was kept open for a 'while' on purpose until a wave of crap came in that proved (like always) that [public] MK banned topics will have the same result.
So you just admitted that "ban mk" threads will eventually lead to "hatestorms", and since this website is private property, you, the other moderators, and administrators don't deem "hatestorms" worthy of being allowed and therefore close the threads at your own will because you have the power to do so with no system of checks and balances. Doesn't that make you and the other moderators in fact dictators shaya? If that's the case, why did you take offense to me calling you a dictator when that's what you choose to be? Also, please explain how people giving their reasons for banning mk is a "hatestorm". Frankly shaya, it seems obvious that you can't come up with a logical reason for why "ban mk" discussions are invalid and therefore resort to name calling to try and validate your decision on why they shouldn't be allowed. If you were making a court case on why ban mk discussions are invalid and used "hatestorms" as a reason, you'd be laughed at and any point you make after that would probably be dismissed. If you can't logically explain why they aren't allowed then I question your ability to moderate because its obvious you let your personal opinions on why ban mk threads aren't legitimate interfere with your reasoning when closing them and adequate leaders show deductive, logical, unbiased reasons when excercising their power or making a decision. If you can't do that then you aren't fit to lead. But wait, I forgot, the mods and admins have no way of being replaced by the community they lead. When the authoritive group has power over the people doesn't that make them dictatorial?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
S.F.H., you're trying very hard here. I assume your pride in my questioning your maturity has resulted in your emotionally charged response to me (even though you already had an emotionally charged response to MK discussion rulings)

Smashboards is a service, not a government. Calling us dictators is inherently wrong.
Everything else you've stated I've already replied to in my first post. Circular argument ftw? To me, and likely most others, it seems logical that a discussion which always requires heavy moderation and never has a positive resolution (I would consider your vendetta right now a negative response to having an MK topic in the first place) is not worth having. I'm reiterating what I've already said, it's unfortunate that you still do not get it. If you would like your issues addressed further you should take it to forum support, not here.

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Nope, it comes close but still in MKs favor.....on FD...which is falcos best stage....same goes for Diddy vs MK, Wario vs MK comes the closest to being even on each stage, and even then its in MKs favor on every stage

Reizilla

New topic:

Shaya, put in a good word for me to take your place when you get overthrown :)

Diddy also doesn't have any bad matchups, btw. Diddy does have bad stages though. Even then, do we REALLY want another MLG Dallas? Monkeys running rampant. Fuuuuuuuck that.

<3 Gnes tho. Actually, I think I'm gonna become pro-ban just to make things even easier for TEXAS! and at the same time, harder for every other region :awesome:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Shaya getting overthrown **** that he is the **** and it wouldn't feel right getting infractions from someone that isn't him lol and Texas ***** so many good players

RoanYagyu

Smash Journeyman
Snake beats diddy, and Diddy goes even with some people (unlike mk who is just straight advantages against all) and there were only 3 diddys that actually did well X:

V

Smash Ace
Actually shaya you just got schooled and you're getting pissy about it. You never once answered my questions. Instead you referred me to your first post which was mediocre at best and would never suffice in a face to face debate. Its apparent that you're proving all my points to be right and have failed thus far to give any kind of legitimate counter argument as to why ban mk threads are illegitimate and have merely made one line points with no backing. You sir are the one providing a circular argument by saying "look at my first post" "look at my first post". Naturally, going back to the same exact point literally word for word is circular reasoning shaya and you failed to notice that. I'm saddened that the once prestigious marth boards have inhereted an inadequate leader who proves me right on my points of his inadequacy and can't formulate a logical argument. Rather he tries to call me out while in the process proving my points and making himself look foolish. You just told me and everybody else to not make ban mk threads and instead talk about it in social threads, yet in your last post you said, in bold I might add, to not discuss it here. Shaya you are a hypocrite and not fit to moderate.

Oh and if you infract me ill copy n paste the infraction for everybody to see that way my points will completely solidify themselves and in the process show that the infraction was inspired by anger and hate, two things you have made known to dislike, considering I haven't done anything wrong.

Reizilla

I'm thinking of making a thread on how to read and write properly. I believe such a thread is just what we need to advance our metagame, leap-frogging Falco and Snake to face off with our nemesis, Diddy Kong, in the next tier list.

Nike, quit trying to sugarcode things! I'm next in line for mod! :mad:

V

Smash Ace
Oh and to reiterate, I never said I wanted to ban mk. I simply said that the discussions should be allowed in their own threads without being closed. Shaya made it evident that they close them because they turn into "hatestorms". Whether something is emotionally driven or not doesn't make it vaild or invalid. What makes it valid or invalid is if the claims made have logical backing. If I'm not mistaken, all of shaya's responses to me were emotionally driven and had no logical reasoning. How then is it ok for his posts to be emotionally driven while mine are not? Isn't he then using circular reasoning, something he claimed I did and criticized me for, even though I didn't?

And shaya, I didn't have to try very hard, you made it easy.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lol so you're proclaiming victory when I've addressed your issues, you just don't seem to comprehend them...

You still do not get that a discussion about meta knight's legality has shown time and time again that it has negative impacts. As moderators we have chosen to avoid the continual negative impacts that MK ban threads have by outlawing them.

Your reply of "there's no logic to this" is just silly. Please don't be silly.

And why would I give you an infraction? You're churning out pseudo intellectual garbage because I questioned your intelligence/maturity, you stated there is no logic to whole thing yet I've iterated to you exactly the logic behind the decision in every post. Everyone but you seems to understand that logic, many (understandably) don't agree with it.

Social threads =/= social groups, by the way.

also, I never questioned your intelligence, but you seem to think that I did... oh well. ... well maybe not until this post ><

I'll reiterate things more coherently soon.

Reizilla

Awwww, yeah! Shaya/Rei-Gun ultimate tag-team combo!

Bump_pump_sugarlump_rump.gif

Reizilla

That's only Xyro. I could come up with something else :glare:

I did laugh pretty hard though.

V

Smash Ace
Shaya my IQ is 150. You claim that ban mk threads are more harmful to the community than beneficial because of the direction most people take the discussions On the other hand, denying people the ability to start these threads is becomming harmful too because the community is beginning to split. I completely understand your argument. You keep on thinking I'm talking about ban mk threads themselves when I'm talking about how we should have the right to start them and keep them open. You close them because people become emotionally driven and you think that's harmful. Being emotionally driven isn't harmful at all. Using emotional statements and reasons can be however. You essentially close them because you don't like the direction they take and have to moderate too closely. The problem isn't how much you have to moderate. The problem is the reason for why you're moderating too much. Emotionally driven arguments aren't detrimental in any way as long as there's tact. Since the moderators as a collective don't like them, they deem them worthy of moderation and therefore your over moderation is self inflicted when it doesn't need to be so.

Also, every point I've made I've backed up with logical reasoning. Explain how that's pseudo-intellectual please. Every civilized debate is conducted in that manner. You're calling it pseudo-intellectual simply because you don't like what I'm saying. By your standards, doesn't that make it hate fuelled? See shaya, you keep trying to belittle me and say my points are dumb when clearly your idea of what's intellectual or not is that of your own based on how you yourself present things.

You say you've addressed all my points when you've only addressed one and conveniently ignored how I've called you out as a dictator and backed it up with definitions and examples of how you and other mods have acted in a dictatorial manner.

You really haven't used logic in your reasoning. All you said is that ban mk threads are harmful because people get emotionally involved. Why is that harmful? If mk's legallity is causing people to dislike the tournament scene, why is it not ok for people to be emotionally driven when the issue is upsetting them? If they make valid points, whether they're emotionally fuelled or not, the discussion should be ok. If people aren't using tact then infract them and that's that. Just because you have to work harder doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to have the discussion.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Were these mods elected by the community?
People who are active in the community and respected by many are generally the ones who become moderators.

Why do they think they know so much more than the rest of us?
The moderators who have been around a while know just as much as anyone else how MK topics go.

If the majority of the community wants him banned then why does the majority's opinion count less than the few amount of mods? Honestly the elitist attitude of mods is unjust considering they weren't placed there by us and if WE wanna talk about banning mk then who are YOU to not let us?
"Moderators" do not want MK banned or legal, we all have individual opinions.

I'm tired of mods being dictators.
As I've already mentioned, smashboards is a service that "we" specify.
It may seem obnoxious for us to 'decide' what's best for the community by disallowing MK legality threads, but WE decided that outlawing them was best FOR THE COMMUNITY.

Now to specify:
1. The only thing I was 'arguing' with you about was that moderators are dictators. Your latest batch of posts didn't even bring the point up again. This is what I called you a child for. Your reaction was quite aggressive; considering I intended that comment to be more of a 'wake up call/screw your head back on straight' rather than an insult.
2. While I agree with our 'logic' for outlawing MK ban threads, you repeatedly stated this wasn't "right" / logical. :glare:

3. Further on you've stated my responses to you are illogical. *sigh*
4. You also brought up my qualifications as a moderator/leader or whatever. That's fair, you're entitled to that opinion.

I could argue about 4 a bit with you if you'd like, but it would have to be privately. 3 intertwines a bit with 2, but I'm pretty sure there's not much left to argue in 3.
You need to just accept point two. Because it isn't my decision. Arguing with me about it will not get you anywhere.
I don't really think there is anything more you can say about one that wouldn't just be your stubbornness manifesting itself a lot more than it is already.

The "moderators" or leaders of smashboards as a whole are aware of the MK issue as well as the general community's ... wanting of action. Personally I am pro-ban. However, through my experiences of MK ban "discussion" that leads to nowhere (not just the negative/moderating nightmare) for something to happen it has be individuals working for it (e.g. running an mk banned national).

If you cannot see a thread devolving into "you're stupid"
"this guys a ******"
"haha you're just bad" and people's responses to that type of **** (look at your reaction to me calling you a child)
being negative as well as something that shouldn't be allowed... then there's nothing else I can say.

I called it pseudo-intellectual because you're creating arguments that do not change anything and you do not seem to comprehend this.

You're debating "Smashboards should be what I want to talk about, moderators who stop this for ANY REASON THAT I DON'T AGREE WITH ARE DICTATORS". MK ban discussions are akin to gay marriage debates, religion debates, etc. MK ban topics are a cesspool of global rule breaking and it has all five times in the past snowballed into ****. If the community was actually capable of debating MK we wouldn't need to close the topics.

I'm just informing you of the reasons for the MK thread outlaw and somewhat arguing about the rest of the stuff you're bringing up.
Thank you for informing me you have an IQ of 150, it doesn't change anything at all though. I recall gloating about my IQ or using it as some sort of point to justify my claims when I was 14... I suppose I grew out of it.

C.J.

Smash Master
SFH... When I met you, you seemed pretty chill... But come on now. You're just ranting and not thinking... at all. You have a high IQ? Congrats. IQ tests are dumb anyway, lol. But, it's completely irrelevant. You're trying to say "I'm smarter than you, LISTEN TO MEEEEE."

Shaya has addressed ALL of your points. You're just salty you're not being listened to, rofl. Just chill out. It's a website. Shaya and all the other moderators put a lot of time into doing a, fairly boring and thankless job, for free. No MK ban threads are allowed because it makes their job infinitely harder.

Seriously, relaaax. It's cool. Nobody is going to die.

Top Bottom