• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
As its your first tournament, make sure you put as much effort as you can into seeing what things you are getting abused for (OH I GET SHIELD GRABBED ALOT), and question why (oh BECAUSE IM NOT SPACING/being predictable with rising aerials) for example.
Also be friendly to everybody and if you get to play someone really good early that you are respectful towards them and ask them how you could improve.
:)
Dont be disappointed by not doing as great as you think you are at your first tournament either.
GOOD LUCK :D

∫unk

Smash Master
i know i'm nasty, excuse my behavior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49nqQJ_JfRQ
LOL that was ridiculous... how did you get the regrab right there

here's some videos of me... the texture/music goes really well. i personally think the matches are really entertaining cause i get a lot of reads lol XD

i think i'm going to start playing more snake what do you guys think

vs ddd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7FJx3HW074

vs mk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kilQ9J_Ndfc

2 other lol matches

falcon vs mk: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_8YP5Veag4

gw 2 stocks down vs ddd: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPra8rDEM0

i love my battlefield :D

Player-3

Smash Hero
wtf kola

why didn't you say anything about elev8 using peach
he almost 2 stocked me with it because i have no ****ing idea what to do at all

but i took his ICs to last stock even though i got grabbed twice b/c of RCO lag... that stuff is stupid, he even said so himself lol

i made 9th... would have gotten 7th (maybe more, had to play elev8 again) but i had to leave so i forfeited my match agaisnt a d3 i know i could have beaten
the only d3 i lose to is a guy who's training partner is a pretty good marth
<___________________________________<
my pool was him elev8 and a really gay wario that likes to jump around and fart

Player-3

Smash Hero
yeah

he ***** me in pools but i played like **** all the way through them except elev8 i felt like i was playing pretty good agaisnt him

then we did random MMs RC only and he got wario first game i got ****ing KIRBY
i don't know anything about kirby

i lost the set, but then rematched him and won by getting d3 agaisnt his sonic when we were 2-2

RC is awesome

i also broke like 3-4 shields today lol

a snake, D3, another D3s, and i hit elev8s shield like 4 ****ing times with it but it NEVER BROKE

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
wtf kola

why didn't you say anything about elev8 using peach
he almost 2 stocked me with it because i have no ****ing idea what to do at all

but i took his ICs to last stock even though i got grabbed twice b/c of RCO lag... that stuff is stupid, he even said so himself lol

i made 9th... would have gotten 7th (maybe more, had to play elev8 again) but i had to leave so i forfeited my match agaisnt a d3 i know i could have beaten
the only d3 i lose to is a guy who's training partner is a pretty good marth
<___________________________________<
my pool was him elev8 and a really gay wario that likes to jump around and fart
o:

I didn't think you were interesting in knowing. I only played it in a MM, that I ended up winning. :/

I've never played his ICs, but good stuff! He beat kismet with those suckers.

Was the D3 Alby? 9th isn't bad, It seems nice to So I'll say good job dude. How many entrants were there?

Player-3

Smash Hero
31 i believe

yeah alby knows the matchup way better than i do

but i still broke his shield LOL

then sded because i was laughing too hard but w/e

Player-3

Smash Hero
i would have made 7th and I THINK if i kept playing like i was when i left i might have been able to take at least one game off elev8

i had to leave and forfeit it was so gayyyyyy

lol double post

virg doesn't care

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
neat

xD breaking a shield is always lulzy. I get the pleasure of doing it a ton during the smashfest I attend weekly.

Edit: Well Elev8 is pretty tough, but I'm sure you had a fighting chance.
I mean your Marth > my Marth most likely, so it could have been pretty close if you were playing your best.

:/ it just sucks you had to forfeit.

Player-3

Smash Hero
it sucks even worse for p1, he had won for 7th and def was going to make 5th ( he was on other side of losers) and it was top 5 payout, he beats the cario he was up agaisnt all the time lol

elev8 is good, first good IC i've ever fought

i play some okay ICs a few, so i have practice at not getting grabbed but holy **** when you get grabbed it's scary

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
What were the full results?
Is it posted on a thread somewhere?

lol I've never played ICs. I've only played his Peach and Dedede. So I'm sure if we ever play in a bracket I'll have a tough time.

Roxas M

Smash Master
how can i NOT play crappy at tourneys?

i've been to 3 so far and i **** in friendlies but i just fall apart in the actual tourney match. =_=

do you just get that experience after playing people alot IRL and stuff?

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Pretty much

Usually the reason a person does bad at tournaments for the first few times is because of
A: Players getting nervous before and during the match because of anticipation, and lack of experience.
B: People playing at a more serious level, because of money being on the line.
C: Counter matchups AKA matchups you pretty much suck at.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
pull a mikehaze and scream really loud to throw them off
Isn't this illegal to do in tournaments now? I think I read somewhere, that interfering with the way your opponent plays is cause for immediate disqualification. However, it's still very funny.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
lol basically I just named the things that I remembered from when I was new to tournaments. xD

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I always had a question that intrigued me.

If you were to perform Shield breaker on ICs (or I guess any two people for that matter) and neither of them PS'd the hit but shielded it, would both players get their shield punctured? I'm 90% sure this is correct, but wanted to ask it (not that it's realistic lol, you try that and you'd probably get infinited real easy lol)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Isn't this illegal to do in tournaments now? I think I read somewhere, that interfering with the way your opponent plays is cause for immediate disqualification. However, it's still very funny.
Only in some areas, but out of respect for the tournament environment (aka, having our ruleset not encourage people to be douchebags) I'd prefer that it be part of the recommended ruleset and I intend to recommend as such.

Sorry Mike, it was a brilliant moment of playing to win, so mad respect... but no, outside interference should not play a part in match.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
outside interference is fun.

i was playing my friend in melee, and he was recovering with ganon against my peach...i daired his recovery (which links into a nair, for those unaware) and then after the nair sent him flying, i said "should've DIed that down man, so the nair wouldn't connect"

so then when he up bs back to the ledge again I just fair him and he has the worst DI ever (since he's holding down) and dies

real life mindgames ftw

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I always had a question that intrigued me.

If you were to perform Shield breaker on ICs (or I guess any two people for that matter) and neither of them PS'd the hit but shielded it, would both players get their shield punctured? I'm 90% sure this is correct, but wanted to ask it (not that it's realistic lol, you try that and you'd probably get infinited real easy lol)
Well usually when landing the shield breaker Nana is usually willing to take it to the face instead of shielding it. But yea I guess if they both shield it could puncture both, but either way with nice spacing and timing, you wont be getting in an infinite as long as you hit one of them, and their percent is high enough.

@Stingers
Fooly Cooly is amazing xD what are you saying?

etecoon

Smash Hero
it makes more sense when you've seen all of it(6 episodes IIRC) but it still doesn't make very much sense

it's awesome though

clowsui

Smash Legend
marthshadow don't get upset...i've been going to tournies for 1 yr now (granted with not much practice) and i still haven't broken 0-2 at a decently sized tournament. things take time, set your benchmarks lower for now and go one step at a time.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
outside interference is fun.

i was playing my friend in melee, and he was recovering with ganon against my peach...i daired his recovery (which links into a nair, for those unaware) and then after the nair sent him flying, i said "should've DIed that down man, so the nair wouldn't connect"

so then when he up bs back to the ledge again I just fair him and he has the worst DI ever (since he's holding down) and dies

real life mindgames ftw
raapeeee hahahaa

Player-3

Smash Hero
What were the full results?
Is it posted on a thread somewhere?

lol I've never played ICs. I've only played his Peach and Dedede. So I'm sure if we ever play in a bracket I'll have a tough time.
i actually like playing ICs

they're just d3 with smaller grab range, lighter, worse kill moves, but if you get grabbed it's a stock

and i had a theory agiaisnt IC, on flat stages YI/SV since fd is banned could you just pivot shieldbreaker while going offstage?
i'm pretty sure you can get back to the ledge w/o getting edgehogged, as long as you save your 2nd jump

1: Kismet
2: TheReflexWonder
3: Big Lou
4: Scat
5: rayku
5: Elev8
7: Player 1
7: 4GOD
9: Turtle
9: Billy
9: Player 3
9: Saltix
13: Scatz
13: Micaelis
13: Roxy
13: Deo
17: aml?!
17: T2

+ the people from pools and the people who registered and didn't show up, 310 dollars in the pot total lol

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
how can i NOT play crappy at tourneys?

i've been to 3 so far and i **** in friendlies but i just fall apart in the actual tourney match. =_=

do you just get that experience after playing people alot IRL and stuff?
everyone is the same, u can freestyle so much easier in friendlies obv cuz theres no pressure. but it just comes with experience, eventually a tourney match will feel like a friendly with no pressure on the line, as said before, set your goals abit lower, things take ALOT of time (just took me a year to finally beat my first ranked pro.. but didn't get out of pools lol) work at your own pace

I lost to a yoshi...
Again :/
but u did better this time with my help coming from a low tier main ***gg

i

1: Kismet
2: TheReflexWonder
3: Big Lou
4: Scat
5: rayku
5: Elev8
7: Player 1
7: 4GOD
9: Turtle
9: Billy
9: Player 3
9: Saltix
13: Scatz
13: Micaelis
13: Roxy
13: Deo
17: aml?!
17: T2

+ the people from pools and the people who registered and didn't show up, 310 dollars in the pot total lol
biglou should be 1st D: fun tidbit: ninjalinkk was planning to go to GA if he got the money next week >.>

Player-3

Smash Hero
he is coming to GA

the tournament has a 35 dollar entry fee

i have about 20 dollars in my wallet, and am taking the SAT on saturday

yay

Top Bottom