• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i experienced this today, trying DS against tornado

it's not reliable at all lol and having a fresh DS is important
I think MK has to be slightly above and a bit in front of Marth to actually get hit by DS and Marth still get hit out of DS but not take damage. I was watching Neo do it a few times to, i think Plank in some old videos the other day.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JmklgxOfNM around 1:50 he does it. Looks like he just gets hit, but he only takes one percent as opposed to giving six percent, so it seems fair. not sure if he could've gotten punished were the platform not there. didn't take the time to notice any other instances, but i think there are a few more.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Usually going with something that sounds like what they would name a new energy drink, or an infection. That works pretty well.

You could try historical figures, but you gotta be careful. It's gotta be obscure enough so you don't come across as "unexposed" to your history, but enough fame so that people don't go "???"

Then there's the doubles factor of the name, if it's epic, it usually has a good theme to be used in a doubles name, even if you usually don't want to use it that way.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Wimsfi

Wifi + MarthShadow

YEAAAH

Wimsfi is an epic name.

Also that OLD OLD OLD OLD OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD VIDEO of Neo had him shield.
i.e. he up b'd out of shield. not inside the tornado itself.

Also any and all up b tricks do not work against M2K's tornado.
TRU FAX.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
W

Also that OLD OLD OLD OLD OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDD VIDEO of Neo had him shield.
i.e. he up b'd out of shield. not inside the tornado itself.
Wait, so that's not what we were talking about the whole time? I thought everyone figured out a long time ago that trying to up B out of the tornado itself was a stupid idea...

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Can someone wifi me today? I need a lot of MK and ROB practice

Mr-R

Smash Champion
ok guys once again, what to CP against mk when SV/FD isn't allowed and WHY

∫unk

Smash Master
trolling aside i think any neutral-like equivalent is good

small stages like YI are probably bad even though i still remember RoyR spiking Dojo there lol

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
trolling aside i think any neutral-like equivalent is good

small stages like YI are probably bad even though i still remember RoyR spiking Dojo there lol
YI to me is debatable against MK. If you're comfortable on the stage in general, you probably wouldn't mind going there in the matchup but I think Castle Siege and the 3 basic neutrals are all better choices in the matchup.

...in the matchup

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Marthshadow, get something with R to end it to keep up with the tend of "R"s in the Marth community.

Roy_R, Mr.R, & (Insert Name Here)_R.

I really hate Castle Siege, but I guess I really need to practice there then. Kadaj, is Castle Siege even a counterpick around here?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Castle siege not a counterpick? Seriously? I haven't seen one ruleset that doesn't have it as a counter-pick cept early pound 4 which got fixed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I use Lylat. It's Marth's BEST stage vs MK.
That's bull ****.
Lylat is the GAYEST STAGE to play MK on.

I'd rather ****ing play on Brinstar.
HIGH SCHOOL PRE-PUBESCENT RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Any good vids? :)

I've never actively tried Castle Siege, but I've had good luck on Pokemon Stadium.
Platforms there work a lot better for Marth than any other stage for stringing, the kewky edges let's Marth hit MK on the ledge with more safety, if an MK is ever under the lip of the ledge and you're on the edge I swear dair always tippers.
Low roof and sides have strengths and weaknesses, but MK dies stupidly low from tippers, utilt, upsmash, uair, nair, like you'll probably notice him dying a good 10-20% lower than BF/SV/FD
Many of the angles the transformations create work out for Marth (they also work out for MK but MK already has that auto-zoning in his moveset so eh).

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I'm so rusty @ Brawl, I haven't played in almost two weeks -_-
This will be interesting getting my Marth back up to speed

∫unk

Smash Master
the smash gods clearly didn't want larry winning

first the bracket... then the way larry lost to lain and chu...

im about to watch the hangover for the first time

coincidentally i may be slightly under the influence

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So, I got my sd card back, so now i can play brawlz.

So I did, and i had the debug/pause code still on.

So I went into training mode at 1/4th speed, and starting doing frame by frame of that.
And my god...
I want a 240fps TV. And a wii that can handle that manliness.

During Marth's dtilt, once the hitbox comes out, marth actually twists his wrist around in a really fine arc.

When Marth does his up smash, the sword/arm goes behind him and it "coils" around his body until Marth literally PIMPS HIS FIST with his spare hand whilst looking up and the sword is just being held up straight parellel to his "triangle" feet.
My god.
It looks
amazing.
my god.
why wiiiiiiii whyyyyyyyy, why technology in general whyyyyyyy, why human visual recognition abilities, whyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Marth actually grabs his sword with both hands during his up smash for a very brief period of time.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also guys, Marth's grab release to dair on meta knight ON STAGE is real

I dont know how I failed to do it in the past... but, yeah

Grab Release IASA: 29
Initiate FULL HOP*: 39 (refer as x)
Buffer Dair: x + 1
Hit: x + 11 (e.g. 50)

*full hop is holding onto jump the ENTIRE start up of the jump (4 frames).

Meta Knight can uair to hit you frame 52, and frame 53 he's invincible from his air dodge.
Meaning you only have frames 39-41 (3 frames) to initiate the full hop buffered dair.
Marth can buffer a dash on frame 28/29 to start dashing frame 30.

The 3 frame margin for error is shared between the dair and the buffered dash.
If you start to dash on frame 32, you will only be able to hit him on frame 52 by starting the buffered fh dair on frame 41.

Why didnt this work for me in the past? Full hops. Making sure you rise from the ground with forward momentum is probably a requirement I ignored too. I also ignored it because after the initial hype mikehaze brought he said "tyrant started consistantly getting out of it". :|

Also yada yada MK will die from a fresh dair off stage guaranteed at like 50%.

If you're practicing, MK lands on the ground on frame 56. So if you land it and MK doesn't bounce back up you're at least getting it on frame 55 or before.
Trying to do it properly ive gotten it before frame 56 like once out of 20 :(

∫unk

Smash Master
wow i destroy you with falcon and then you dont say anything about mine but your hyping up player 3's falcon?

troll troll trol

hangover is a ******* good movie lol

i cant sign on aim for some reason its annoying

Top Bottom