• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Poyo put up your vid vs. AlphaZealot, Kadeezy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yua68KjlWEU

Tis cool beans
Niiiiiice, great work I noticed the playstyle change midway through the second match. Your Marth is pretty fast and precise.

o: I wonder why the Diddy cp'd Battlefield though
I mean if you banned FD he could have at least thought and went SV, Picto, Or Pokemon stadium.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Ohh

Anyway I'm going to keep looking into this video and other Marth vs Diddy vids that are recent.

Reflex's brother is picking up Diddy, and Reflex might be picking up Diddy.

thats going to be two Diddy's that will most likely end up being a HUGE problem to me, so yea I'ma have to learn this matchup.....quick <.<

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
So, I've been playing a ton of melee lately with almost no Brawl, and I just played some Brawl today and I think it caused me to improve a great deal. My vertical spacing especially is greatly improved and I seem to be playing a lot less linearly. My horizontal spacing also seems to be better.

Maybe I just need a break.

Anyway, should be able to post some vids soon, waiting for my gamebridge.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
OHMYGOD
that counter was **** kadaj.

lOOOOOOOOOl.
Oh yea forgot about the epic counter/stage spike.

So, I've been playing a ton of melee lately with almost no Brawl, and I just played some Brawl today and I think it caused me to improve a great deal. My vertical spacing especially is greatly improved and I seem to be playing a lot less linearly. My horizontal spacing also seems to be better.

Maybe I just need a break.

Anyway, should be able to post some vids soon, waiting for my gamebridge.

Perhaps, alot of people I know seemed to have gotten better after taking a break from Brawl.

.-. I think I should try it too

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Alternating playing the two games has shown funny improvements to a lot of people.

Ankoku says practicing brawl hardcore made him better at the meleez.
I have similar stories.

I know a lot of die hard melee fans starting to say 'playing brawl gets me better at melee'.
Weird, huh?

And just about everytime I put some effort into melee for a little while I play a lot faster. I find it tunes my reaction speed a bit better. But it ruins my game otherwise.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Alternating playing the two games has shown funny improvements to a lot of people.

Ankoku says practicing brawl hardcore made him better at the meleez.
I have similar stories.

I know a lot of die hard melee fans starting to say 'playing brawl gets me better at melee'.
Weird, huh?

And just about everytime I put some effort into melee for a little while I play a lot faster. I find it tunes my reaction speed a bit better. But it ruins my game otherwise.
I think the reason was that I needed to work on the fundamentals, and my melee crash course made me a lot better at the fundamentals.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think he Cp'd BF because he felt he could have won on it the 1st game.
This. Aside from the counter Kadaj landed I felt I outplayed him completely in game 1. I told myself I wouldn't go for any unnecessary stupid off the stage stuff for game 2. Unfortunately, things did not go at all as I hoped in game 2 and he stepped it up big time.

I was also messing up my tech skill big time all day. Like the death at the end of game 1 should have never occurred - I was suppose to wall jump > nana pull but instead I just nana pulled and ate an F-smash.

It was a good set though and I need work on the Marth MU a lot I don't get much practice here in Ohio vs Marths.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
This. Aside from the counter Kadaj landed I felt I outplayed him completely in game 1. I told myself I wouldn't go for any unnecessary stupid off the stage stuff for game 2. Unfortunately, things did not go at all as I hoped in game 2 and he stepped it up big time.

I was also messing up my tech skill big time all day. Like the death at the end of game 1 should have never occurred - I was suppose to wall jump > nana pull but instead I just nana pulled and ate an F-smash.

It was a good set though and I need work on the Marth MU a lot I don't get much practice here in Ohio vs Marths.
LOL CLOWNSUI where YOU AT

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Taking a 3 day break helps me out with everything but Ice climbers chaingrab.

A week break lets me start out fresher for practicing because I'm not going to use the same strats from a week ago.

Anything longer though, I don't know.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I have greatly improved in brawl, and I havn't play brawl offline, against a formidable opponent since Kosha boy.

Melee Offline and Brawl online = the best practice =]

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I dunno, I'm pretty convinced now that Wi-Fi is only helping me build a playstyle that will hurt me offline.
:l I won't know until I play at a smashfest on Tuesday if I'm right or not.

One thing I have been working on is not spot dodging, and not just throwing random aerials without it connecting.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I dunno, I'm pretty convinced now that Wi-Fi is only helping me build a playstyle that will hurt me offline.
:l I won't know until I play at a smashfest on Tuesday if I'm right or not.

One thing I have been working on is not spot dodging, and not just throwing random aerials without it connecting.
Well throw out aerials without them connecting, just pick the right ones, mix it up, and carefully measure what you're throwing out.

Non-connecting aerials are great for zoning which is fundamental to marth's game.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Playing Marth on Wifi is teaching me how to be psychic. :D

It's the only way I'll ever win.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Well throw out aerials without them connecting, just pick the right ones, mix it up, and carefully measure what you're throwing out.

Non-connecting aerials are great for zoning which is fundamental to marth's game.
Wait seriously? So I was actually doing the pressure game the right way?

<.< Bah, I'm really starting to regret always listening to people who give me advice that do not use Marth. It's making me second guess myself.

Playing Marth on Wifi is teaching me how to be psychic. :D

It's the only way I'll ever win.
Well I'll say I'm getting better at reading playstyles but .-. I'm noticing that a few playstyles that I read aren't done offline.

/confused

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Wait seriously? So I was actually doing the pressure game the right way?

No, absolutely not.

When you said random I knew you were doing the pressure game wrong. Period. 100% wrong.

Whenever you're aiming to miss, anything not considered and measured to a perfect level of precision then chosen from a pool of options with the same overall effect (aka, your mix-ups so your opponent doesn't predict and punish you) will fail miserably.

You gotta learn how to hit first before you understand how and when not to hit. Pressure is gonna be about safely limiting their options.

So, overall, the precision you gain by intending on hitting and being sure you hit is a good thing. Just recognize that when you hit the next level, no hitting isn't necessarily a bad thing. You'll actually be doing it a LOT. Just how and when are the important details.

TL;DR: Short-term, you're doing it right, for now concentrate on hitting your opponents. Just recognize in the long term you'll eventually not be hitting your opponents always, you just need the precision you're gaining by always hitting to do it right.

Don't worry, you'll understand in time, for now just keep doing what you're doing until you're perfect at it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Well I'll say I'm getting better at reading playstyles but .-. I'm noticing that a few playstyles that I read aren't done offline.

/confused
No no you don't understand.

I have to figure out what I'm doing, lol. It's really hard on Wifi.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
No no you don't understand.

I have to figure out what I'm doing, lol. It's really hard on Wifi.
That is always the case lawl

So it doesn't help you, it hurts you?

Perhaps I should use a more lag friendly character and use it just to practice baiting and connecting?

And @adumbrodeus

alright, I'll finish focusing on connecting aerials, and then worry about stepping up my gameplay and figuring out when the right time to not connect will be.

-_- bah this learning curve of Marth is killing me, and to think I thought I almost had this character down.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth

This, I felt he was outplaying me as well game one

The only deciding factor in game 1 was probably countering his up air, I knew he'd attack when he was trying to come up.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Heh well I guess it was just a gut reaction then.

I'm going to use this as an example and only cp stages that will benefit my character, <.< regardless if I felt as if I could beat them on that stage.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And @adumbrodeus

alright, I'll finish focusing on connecting aerials, and then worry about stepping up my gameplay and figuring out when the right time to not connect will be.

-_- bah this learning curve of Marth is killing me, and to think I thought I almost had this character down.
Yea, marth's learning curve is insanely high, I understand him, but still a long way off from actually executing his top level.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think the hardest part about learning Marth is to smartly utilize everything he has, cause homeboy is LOADED with tools. Spacing comes in a week tops, you can learn his match-ups daily, and practice mode gets your control tight. However, once you hit the point where everything you need to work on gets specific, you have to start tinkering your game with the do's and don't's of Marth's options.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
I wanted to think I'm at that point where I'm trying to manage the do's and dont's.

I really can't get someones opinion on where I am until I manage to put up a video or something for critique though.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I wanted to think I'm at that point where I'm trying to manage the do's and dont's.

I really can't get someones opinion on where I am until I manage to put up a video or something for critique though.
Same here exactly. I need some exp here!

Kadeezy, I'm looking at you. <_<

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I never rlly put a vid for critique, cause I always know what I doing wrong xD

Player-3

Smash Hero
SWF? Active Marth community? LOL. That doesnt work because they're all stuck up elitists who like to suck their own **** because they're that prideful.
----------------

how does that make you guys feel?
LOLOLOL

Top Bottom