• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Zelda's Din's Fire - only if you're far away to prevent a mistimed airdodge. "Recommended."

Wolf's Lasers - rarely will there be a time that the best effect (reflecting and hitting Wolf) will occur, and at that, you won't have the time to follow up. "Unrecommended."

Lucas's PK Fire - it works if you're close to Lucas, but a decent Lucas will not use it at close range unless it's to surprise you. It works at reflecting at close distances, but otherwise, it's not really useful. You're better off evading it while moving towards him. "Unrecommended."

Diddy Kong's Banana Peels - If he's running and throwing, do it. I'm not sure if you can reflect them when they're on the ground, but if you have any semblance of skill with dealing with the banana peels, there's really no reason to use this. "Unrecommended."

Samus's Charge Shot - Rarely will you be punished for reflecting the full thing, and even if Samus tries to set you up for something else (shooting one in the air and then landing and firing missiles), it won't really do much of anything to you and it does work. Other than that, reflect it when it's directly coming at you. "Recommended."

Snake's Hand Grenades - You're probably better off only reflecting the ones that are thrown quickly, but even then, he might just time it so it blows up in your face. Other than that, it does help to keep the grenades away from you, and he usually can't set you up for anything else when this is done from a great distance. "Personal choice."

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
:zelda: (Din's) - Situational (ranges from personal preferrence to not rcomended)
Depends on the situation... at ranges where you are close enough... countering with FW, a dash attack a dash grab or your own din's is almost ALWAYS prefferable... but at long enough distances, NL will last longer, and therefore require less precise timing than an airdodge or spotdodge (though you can NORMALLY still use FW instead... considering reflecting it does NOTHING)

:wolf: (Blaster) - Do Not Use (unless wolf user is ignorant)
his blaster shot travels slowly enough and has short enough range that the ONLY range within which reflecting it wold prove a useful strategy is within the range of Wolf's Fsamsh... so he's not GOING to pull out a blaster there unless he's stupid... Shield, dodge or counter with FW or Din's... but don't NL in most cases.

:lucas: (PK Fire) - Do not use (unless lucas user is ignorant)
Quite simply, due to the limited range and the kickback on lucas caused by using the move... lucas would have to be VERY close to you for reflecting the move to actually work... and at that range... it woulf be unlikely for you to pull out NL in time unless you predicted it or you got lucky, or you have unglodly reflexes.... anyhow... you sholdn't BE predicting it, because no sane lucas would USE PK Fire at that distance... and even if you DO reflect it, it's not that strong a move... there is no way reflecting this is worth the risk... it's a worse Idea than trying to reflect wolf's blaster.

:diddy: (Banana Peels) - Personal Preference
normally just dash attacking at him is a better idea since you grab the banana AND hit Diddy simultaneously... in addition to all this, then Zelda will have the banana in her hand to perform her godly glide toss Usmashes... so yeah... there are normally better options.. but sometimes you just want that banana back in his face right awayso you can kill him when he trips...and NL is pretty safe way of doing this.

:samus2:(Charge Shot) - Recomended
Sure, it might not send them back at lightning speed like NL will do to samus's smash-side-B missiles, but it'll pack a whallop and is normally pretty hard to punish you for it... it also has a VERY high likelihood of hitting a nearby, stationary samus.. though most samus's are smart enough not to use it in that range... some will get cocky and/or, misread your readiness to use NL... Obviously don't spam NL when she gets a full charge shot or you'll be sniped in the cooldown (though NL has a DECEPTIVE amount of active frames to it... so even a careful samus might find her charge shot reflected.)... and don't reflect if the samus is obviously planning on you reflecting it. and following up on you for it... Finally... if you don't think you can get NL out in time... don't try.... but almost all of the time, reflecting is the best option here
-BTW... if it's NOT fully charged, you can still reflect it.... but suddenly Farore's and Din's look like good options as well.

:snake: (grenades) - Not recomended
unless he's close... which most grenade tossing snakes aren;t, it's unlikely the grenade will even make it back to him... and it's not like ownership matters on grenade explosions.... besides, a slight mistiming can make the attack frames of NL detonate the grendade right on top of you... there's almost always a better option... Vs. snake... I only really use NL for it's hitboxes... and to reflect his Usmash very occasionally.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
i would unrecommend N Love against Diddy's bananas. Diddy can often catch the banana after you do it, or the banana won't reach him. Or he will trick you into using Nayu's Love when he's not going to throw, and he will wait for the afterlag and then banana combo you.

And there's not really any reason at all not to just catch the banana instead, or sheild it if you don't want it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
i would unrecommend N Love against Diddy's bananas. Diddy can often catch the banana after you do it, or the banana won't reach him. Or he will trick you into using Nayu's Love when he's not going to throw, and he will wait for the afterlag and then banana combo you.

And there's not really any reason at all not to just catch the banana instead, or sheild it if you don't want it.
yeah... like I said... grabbing it is preferable 90% of the time... BUT... in a situation where he's close enough that nayru's will work, and slam the nanner back into his face... he might not expect it becasue hopefully you haven't been spamming it vs. bananas the whole match

~Peachy~

♥Hmmmm... I wonder why this thread isn't getting enough feedback..... Are there really such a few Zelda users? Are people afraid to contribute? Has everything that needed to be said already stated? Should I wait a bit longer before adding more projectiles to be commented on? I guess I'll wait a few more hours...

♥Someone please answer those questions! ;)

Traumatisch

Smash Rookie
Hmm, personally, i'm very interested in these things so don't give up. I just don't play online enough to feel confident enough to contribute. Plus, here in Holland there are hardly any tournaments so I only have experience playing against CPU or n00b friends which/who, of course, in no way measure(s) up to human players. The only thing I'd like to mention about NL that I feel shouldn't be overlooked is its use in countering attacks like PK Thunder when used on Ness/Lucas himself, or Sonics specials, or Jiggly's Rollout, ie. attacks that turn the opponent itself "into a projectile". NL is a great counter against these attacks as it usually outprioritizes them (tho right now i'm starting to doubt Rollout. Sonic and PKT I know for fact tho)

/useless contribution

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
:zelda: Zelda's Din's Fire. Eh. I'd rather just shield it since it can't be reflected back at Zelda. NL has landing lag and that Zelda might be able to punish you if she's fast enough...which I highly doubt XD but still, shielding is easier.
*not rec*

:wolf: Wolf's Lasers- Eh...I'd rather shield unless, but you can still use NL if you want too...
*pref*

:lucas: Lucas' PK Fire - Comes out fast so I doubt you'll be able to activate NL in time...unless you use it before he does the animation. It has short range so even if you do deflect it it might not hit lucas so shielding is better unless you're confident that it'll hit lucas and you can reflect in time.
*not rec*

:diddy: Diddy Kong's Banana Peels - Errr...again, I'd just shield it and try to pick it up for a glide toss.
*not rec*

:samus: Samus' Charged Shot - If you think you can use NL in time...use it!!
*rec*

:snake: Snake's Hand Grenades - Shield and toss back if you have time.
*not rec*

In terms of protecting yourself from projectiles, the shield really outshines NL cuz NL has too much ending lag. The duration of the atk also causes problems here...but it's a great gtfo out move :D

~Peachy~

♥@Traumatisch: Thanks a lot for the support. ;)

♥@ Other people: I guess I'll wait a few more hours before updating the Origional post. Waiting a little more input from other people wouldn't hurt. ;)

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Zelda's Din's Fire - Not Recommended - At anything but extremely long range, I wouldn't bother with Naryu's. It's cute when Zelda is very far away from you though (I like spinning around in my crystal).

Wolf's Lasers - Not Recommended - If you slowly walk forward and power shield as your way through the lasers, you may catch Wolf using his blaster at a range where you can actually reflect it back and hit him. Otherwise, no, just no.

Lucas's PK Fire - Do Not Use - I seriously doubt Lucas will use PK Fire at a distance where the reflected fire will hit him. Therefore, you will most likely get hit or be set up to get hit as a result of using Zelda's laggy reflector.

Diddy's Bananas - Not Recommended - I suppose you could, but like the others are saying, you may as well just catch it so you can glide toss.

Samus's Charge Shot - Personal Choice - If it's fully charged, it's up to you. Most Samus players won't get hit by a reflected charge shot (unless you're pretty close to them, but then it's fairly risky to try to reflect it). So if you like to gamble, then go for it. If it's not fully charged (especially uncharged), then don't bother.

Snake's Grenades - Not Recommended - Reflecting seems silly since all you'll manage to do is leave yourself wide open. Easier (for me) to block and avoid or catch and throw back, rather than using Naryu's.

D

Deleted member

this thread has a lot of potential, but there are two things wrong with it

1. its not finished :p
2. you should change the color of the text next to the character's picture to one of the colors at the top of the page to show if you should reflect it or not.

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
By not finished...do you mean the TO didn't list all the projectiles yet?

The TO said: "Well... I think six projectiles up for discussion is good for now. If this thread gets popular, I may add more. As for the descriptions for the projectiles.... they really are just common sense and me stating the obvious. If it helps, you really don't have to pay any attention to them." ~Peachy~

If that wasn't what you meant then ignore this post =P

~Peachy~

♥ @ArkiveZero: It's obviously not finished due to the fact that its a contribution thread and for me fixing my thread to solve the things that you listed would destroy the whole point of this thread. If I were to list all of the projectiles and if they should be reflected or not right from the start, then I would basically be basing those opinions off of my own head. The point of this thread is to give an overall point of view and opinion that is agreed among the Zelda players. Therefore, it can't be finished in one post without disregarding the opinions of other Zelda mainers. Of course, when everything THEN I'll get to your recommendations Thank you for the help though.. ;)

♥ Secondly, I've decided to update this thread with new projectiles every two days or so. That way, more Zelda mainers have the chance to give their opinion.♥

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
The only one I recommend using NL on is Samus.

Wolf usually does not get hit by the laser after anyways so I don't recommend.

Lucas could be trying to trick you then wrap the thunder around and hit himself into you because of how slow NL is so I don't recommend.

The others it just doe not work well against...

Zephron

Smash Ace
The first post made me realize two things: 1.) You said side B is snake's grenades (Wrong :p Neutral B)
2.) And... if we can now bring up his side B, the missle. I would recommend this at times, because if its going straight then it'll reflect, and if he drops it on you, NL's Invincibility frames will make you safe. Both Snake and Zelda have lag afterwards, so maybe spotdodging will be better, perhaps. Depends on how close the snake is.

EDIT: Instead of Recommend, make it situational, or personal preference <.<

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Zelda's Din's Fire - Not recommended. unless you're grounded and very far away from the Zelda user.

Wolf's Lasers - Personal Choice. You can shield or NL. doesn't really matter unless you just want to hit Wolf.

Lucas's PK Fire - Do not use. It rarely hits him when it's reflected.

Diddy Kong's Banana Peels - Personal Choice. When he throws them hard NL or sheild. it's fun to NL and watch Diddy trip, Dash attack while picking up the banana and hit him again.

Samus's Charge Shot - Recommended. It's so much fun to reflect a fully charged shot. You'll rarely get punished.

Snake's Hand Grenades - Personal Choice. If thrown hard, NL them. if not. Don't bother.

~Peachy~

The first post made me realize two things: 1.) You said side B is snake's grenades (Wrong :p Neutral B)
2.) And... if we can now bring up his side B, the missle. I would recommend this at times, because if its going straight then it'll reflect, and if he drops it on you, NL's Invincibility frames will make you safe. Both Snake and Zelda have lag afterwards, so maybe spotdodging will be better, perhaps. Depends on how close the snake is.

EDIT: Instead of Recommend, make it situational, or personal preference <.<

♥1) Thanks for pointing that out. ;) I'll go fix that right away. I don't play Snake ( my brother mains him), so I get off easy, right? ;)

It's updated guys, but I have to go so the new projectiles will be added tomorrow. ;) Don't forget to comment on the current placings!;)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
seems like this thread is on the right track to me.... I'll continue supporting it with input

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
Zelda's Din's Fire - It's very useful so you don't waste your shield, and the actual animation extends longer than it seems, other option could be Dair "Recommended."

Wolf's Lasers - Only when he's not so close to you, it disrupts his approach "Recommended."

Lucas's PK Fire - No, it's too fast unless he gets predictable, power shield it's the way to go ;) "Unrecommended."

Diddy Kong's Banana Peels - Most times he won't shield them when thrown back at him, it's really helpful for turning the tide against him. Glide Toss to F-smash or D-smash is bad for Diddy when comming from Zelda and her superior Glide Toss "Recommended."

Samus's Charge Shot - Kind of predictable, so yeah :D "Recommended."

Snake's Hand Grenades - Very good choice, it gives you moar explosions, Din's +Granades it's very good to eat and pressure shields, and Snake will need to shield or dodge and thus will be unable to punish, only reflect at long range, at close pick them up and toss them to Snake "Personal choice."

~Peachy~

♥Okay, I just updated the list.... please start discussing Zelda mainers! ;)

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Sheik's Needle Storm - the only time I reflect this is when I can predict a Sheik is going to throw them at me from the side, fully charged or just one needle. Other than that, it's not really safe because one fake out from Sheik and she can easily hurt you. Granted, I only reflect when I don't feel like I'm in that much danger. "Personal Choice" would be my option, but considering all of the things that Sheik can do with the needles, I might just go with "Not Recommended."

Samus's Missiles - do not reflect the slower one. It's almost pointless, and it'll rarely, rarely hit a Samus, and that's only if Samus runs into it, and then the reward isn't worth it. "Do not use."

The faster ones... those are nice. When you reflect them, they shoot back even faster and they almost always reach Samus anyway. Unless Samus is up close using this move (lol @ that), reflect these back. They might not hit, but they'll discourage Samus from spamming them. "Recommended."

Snake's missile - No. Warp past it or avoid it in whatever fashion you want, but just do not reflect this. It's pointless. "Do not use."

Lucas's PK Freeze - it's like Din's. Airdodge it, block it, spotdodge it. It's better to do that overall. Reflecting it should always keep you safe at far distances though, and if you're fighting one of those Lucas players who like to explode it over Lucas, reflect for a nasty surprise... but other than that, it's not really worth reflecting. "Not recommended." (Yeah, I know I put "Recommended" for Din's, but I was convinced otherwise.)

Bowser's Fire - No. Absolutely pointless. The fire will not reach him because they'll cancel out against the rest of the fire, and you'll be burned soon afterward. "Do not use."

Falco's Lasers - See, it's nice to stop a Falco with his own lasers, and it gives an alternative to getting past it, aside from just dodging it. Can't say the payout is impressive, though. "Not recommended."

King Dedede's Side B - Reflect only Gordos if you have the time. The others aren't worth reflecting anyway, and Din's actually finds a use here. "Not recommended."

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Shiek's Needle Storm- Neutral B Special. The needles are very fast...if you see it coming and you can activate NL in time...go ahead. But if you're really far away from Shiek there's no point using it cuz they'll disappear. Best to shield or jump *not rec*

Samus' Missiles- Side B Special. Don't reflect slow ones. If you're far away from Samus and she uses the fast ones, don't use NL cuz it'll explode before touching Samus. If she's using it close range, reflect! *situational*

Snake's Missile - I'm sure most Snake's will stop controlling the missile once he sees you activating NL. But if that's not the case...I'd say preference.

Lucas' PK Freeze - Neutral B Special. I'd say reflect this when ur in a team battle w/ team atk on. Otherwise I'd just din's fire cuz lucas will be totally open for attacks when using freeze. *not rec*

Bowser's Fire - Neutral B Special. *don't use*

Falco's Lasers - Neutral B Special. *not rec*

King Dedede's Waddle Dees, Waddle Doos, Gordos, and Items. - *not rec*

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
- :shiek: Needle strom ->
this move both comes out and moves very quickly... so, basically, you'll rarely get nayru's out in time, unless shiek is at such a distance that the needles won't make it back before they dissapear... If you can effectively predict when shiek is going to toss needles, then have at it... there's no harm since shiek can't really punish your NL lag with the needles blocking approch... which is another good thing, a lot of shieks use needles to creat openings... as long as the shiek begins approaching immediately, even at farther distances, refelecting the needles serves the purpose of blocking shiek's approach... other times shieks might use the needles as combo enders... if you think shiek's gonna do that, then NL... there's no way shiek can put up a shield in time... but good gravy don't use NL if Shiek uses the needles from midair, or while yo are off the edge... the former won't ever hit shiek back, and the latter is just WAAAAAY to risky considering how low the payout would be... so overall I'm having trouble putting this in a category.... Needles are hard to predict to reflect.... but if you CAN reflect them, it's not a bad decision... so I'll go with "personal choice" meaning it's your choice whether you want to risk a fakeout or such.

- :samus2: heat seaking missiles ->
they are slow... so, if you reflect them... they will NOT make it back to her.... especially since they lose their heat seaking properties to my knowledge..... and, reflecting them normally gets you Zaired right to the face.... but any time samus uses it at a shorter range and runs or jumps at you afterwards, this isn't a bad idea.... you can still use other options, like shielding, dodgeing or din's but if the missile can actually make it back to samus, you are unlikely to get punished for it.... so... let's call this "unrecomended" but not quite "do not use"
Smash missiles ->
OMG yes.... any time Samus uses this in a place where reflecting it WILL send it back at her, USE IT.... (i.e. do NOT use if she fires it while jumping or falling, because the missile will sail over her head as she rushes in to deal your cooldwn lag punishment) But if she uses it on the ground or in the air in such a way that she'll be there when it's reflected... then DO IT.... for some utterly arbitrary reason, the missiles get sent back at DOUBLE speed... samus might shield or dodge it, but will NOT be able to punish you for it "strongly recomended"

- :snake: nikita ->
reflecting it will send it back straight the way it came from... which means if snake angled nikita away from him when he sent it after you, reflecting it will not hit hit him back... and if he drops it on you... you cannot reflect away... it'll still fall on you... dunno if it'll still damage you or not... but why use NL when you could just shield or dodge. Normally, you can effectively countercamp nikita with Din's or Farore's, or just dash attack through it (this actually works... the missile flies up at an angle, and is in hitstun the whole time you pass through... so it can't hurt you.... unless snake releases it) if you are close enough that that seems like a good option. NORMALLY snake won't set nikita up so that it can be reflected back in his face... it'll either be far away, at an angle, or he'll drop it on you. but if he ever DOES set himelf up for having this reflected back at him... I'd call it "recomended" problem is... he doesn't do that often enough... and sometimes, but getting faked out normally isn't TOO risky... so we could downgrade it to possibly "personal choice"
-oh, and, BTW.... you can reflect Snake's Usmash.... I didn't think you knew/were going to put that... so yeah... might wanna keep that in mind for a later update.

- :lucas: PK Freeze ->
This is a slow, predictable, hard to land projectile that cannot be effectively reflected... generally speaking, yo can just airdodge, shield, or avoid this (like... you can just run away from it)... and this normally puts lucas in a bad position.... you can countercamp with din's or Farore's or you can just rush in and maim him... as for when to use NL... WHENEVER lucas is going to release PK Freeze on, or very close to himelf.... he CANNOT shield it, and CANNOT let it cancel itself on terrain like ness can with PK Flash... and will get reamed by the results of it... but, since it requires Lucas to set himself up for failure.... I'd say the use of NL here is ENTIRELY "situational" ... it's either nearly useless, but still not going to result in your punishment (unrecomended) or incredibly powerful (Strongly Recomended)

- :bowser2: Fire Breath ->
this projectile has SUCH limited range that reflecing it is rarely going to be the slightest bit effective, and will normally get you punished.... first off... if you are already caught in the breath "Do Not Use". You can't reflect until you are almost free of the fire anyway, and at that point, most bowsers are going to be releasing fire so they can follow up... and since the reflected fire will NOT make it back to bowser, you're just making yourself a sitting duck.... instead... just DI away until you are out of it, and then use din's.... OR, DI towards him for a free lightning kick if you think it's worth all the damage you'll be taking doing so.
if he HASN'T already caught you in it, yo can normally dodge it and follow up with din's, or shield it and roll to saftey... but if you get Nayru's out in time, you can nail him with your own nayru's attack AND a few breaths of flame.... you could do the same thing shorthopping into the flame of a stupid bowser... but there are better options normally... so, in the case you are using it BEFORE it ever hits you... fine "personal choice"
- :falco: blaster ->
Reflecting this makes falco's laser go back and hit him..... whoop-de-do... if he doesn't shield it, it does whopping single digit damage and doesn't really do anything to discourage his use of the move since he hits with it more than he'll get hit by reflected shots.... Nayru's simply will NOT countercamp this.... though it CAN prove useful occasionally... that's very rare... and you really have to predict when he's going to pull it out when it's not safe for him... so I say "unrecomended" the payout is simply too low for the limited sucess rate that Nayru's has here.

- :dedede: Waddle dee or waddle doo toss ->
No... just no.... do the words "Does not reflect" mean anything to you? well it should.... wadlle dee and waddle do won't damage you since you'll **** them with pretty blue crystals, but they also won't be reflected..... just use DDD's waddle throws as a chance to show him why he should fear zelda by Din's countercamping (which works REALLY well in the DDD matchup), by getting through them with Farore's or by hyphen smashing with Usmash if he's close enough since the massive priority will protect you from, and ****, the waddle and will likely STILL catch DDD.... especially with the waddle extending its active frames... so, yeah "Do Not Use"
Gordo or Capsule toss->
Now we go from the uselessness of "does not reflect" to the impracticality of "will not likely hit DDD" and, that sucks considering how unlikely it is you'll ever be expecting a gordo or a capsule... besides... maybe you can use whatever's inside the capsule to use your scary glide toss -> Usmash.... but... since tourneys aren't played with items... it's gordos you really have to worry about.... and you can normally avoid them pretty easily or just Farore's to get through them.... so... yeah... considering that it's hard to predict a gordo or a capsule and they'll rarely hit DDD anyway "Unrecomended" even though it's hard to punish you for it.... it just doesn't do much... and it's easier not to worry about using NL on anything rather than constantly being on the lookout for gordos... that'll divide your focus a bit... and Zelda doesn't like it when you do that.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Sheik's Needle Storm -fakeouts can be a pain and be hard to figure out with Sheiks needles. *not recommended*

Samus's Missiles - don't reflect the slower ones. They never hit. *not recommended*. But always reflect the faster ones. *recommended*

Snake's missile - eh, MAYBE situational or do not use. I can't decide. >.< hell I'll go with situational.

Lucas's PK Freeze -Not recommended. It's pointless.

Bowser's Fire - The fire hardly reaches him and it doesm't do much. *Not recommended*

Falco's Lasers - You can hit Falco but you might end up being hit again with NL's lag time. He can just shoot another lazer. *Not recommended*

King Dedede's Side B - Only reflect Gordos. *Situational*

PhithLeico

Smash Cadet
Shiek's Needle Storm- They're fast, so it'd be hard to time it right. That, and on the way back, the needles would probably disappear from the range running out. *not recommended*
Samus's Missiles- The slower ones can be deflected if you are trying to get in close to the opponent. The faster ones should be deflected at all costs, because they will probably hit Samus. *personal choice for slow and recommended for fast*
Snake's Missile- It's good to do at closer ranges, just like with Samus's slow missiles. *situational*
Lucas's PK Freeze- There's little point to doing it, since you can easily dodge it. But, you can deflect it if you want, it just probably won't do much. *personal preference*
Bowser's Fire- It's not too necessary to do it here. It's pretty easy to avoid, and then you can Din him from a distance. Also, if you deflect the fire at the start of her animation, Bowser might be able to get an attack off on you. *not recommended*
Falco's Lasers- Same as FadingNirvava. *not recommended*
Dedede's Side-B- You can deflect the Dees and Doos if you don't feel like dodging, but deflect the Gordos as much as possible. Hitting the Dees and Doos with it is good to get them out of the way, because they can block attack against Dedede, like Zelda's dash attack.

Yay for a n00b's opinion! XD

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
This might be an obvious question, but I figure I might as well ask.

Can Nayru's love reflect things back down towards the opponent? Say for example, Link throws a bomb upwards towards you. You could just dodge it, you could just catch it, but can it be reflected? Same goes for other things such as peach's turnips.

I have a few more questions too actually.

Same topic as above. Can Snake's up smash attack be reflected back down? I've never tried it and it would be really useful if it worked.

And can Mr G&W's Bucket be reflected? I did try this but it didn't work. Did I do it wrong? I guess this isn't really a projectile but whatever, it could work :laugh:

Last question for you guys.

I know Pikachu's thunder can be stopped with Nayru's Love, but can it be reflected as well. It hasn't reflected for me yet, but maybe this is one of those rare occasion type things. I guess if it were to be reflected, it would reflect back upwards from where it came from right?

Ok I'm done. I wrote a bit more than I thought I would :laugh: But I hope some of you can help me out . Thanks.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
This might be an obvious question, but I figure I might as well ask.

Can Nayru's love reflect things back down towards the opponent? Say for example, Link throws a bomb upwards towards you. You could just dodge it, you could just catch it, but can it be reflected? Same goes for other things such as peach's turnips.
yes and no... it takes posesion of them... and if they have ANY horizontal momentum... it'll reverse that... but vertical momentum is unchangged

Same topic as above. Can Snake's up smash attack be reflected back down? I've never tried it and it would be really useful if it worked.
same as above... the trajectory of the mortar doesn't really change... it just damages snake instead of you when it lands.... but do NOT try to preempt his mortar with Nayru's because he CAN just utilt or uair you instead.... so only pull this out when you KNOW he's using mortar

And can Mr G&W's Bucket be reflected? I did try this but it didn't work. Did I do it wrong? I guess this isn't really a projectile but whatever, it could work :laugh:
it's not a projectile, so... no

I know Pikachu's thunder can be stopped with Nayru's Love, but can it be reflected as well. It hasn't reflected for me yet, but maybe this is one of those rare occasion type things. I guess if it were to be reflected, it would reflect back upwards from where it came from right?
just like the above examples, the thunder stays exactly where it is... it just damages pika instead of you... and I could SWEAR, that, once, I did this and did massive damage to pika ... what SEEMS to have happened was that pika got hit with rflected thunder, but held in place by nayru's attackboxes and then got hit by thunder AGAIN.... but I've only had this happen once.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
Awesome, thanks! This helps alot, and answers all of my unanswered questions :)

~Peachy~

♥Wow, that's some lengthy discussion Sonic the Hedgedawg. I'll keep the Snake Up Smash in mind. Thanks.;)

But do you mind chilling out a bit? Reading your text makes me feel like your preparing a lawsuit against me. Especially the Dedede part. So again.... please keep it down, this is not "Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney". Thanks again in advance. ;)

Keep it up the good work people. Remember, we are all trying to learn a few things. ;)

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
♥Wow, that's some lengthy discussion Sonic the Hedgedawg. I'll keep the Snake Up Smash in mind. Thanks.;)

But do you mind chilling out a bit? Reading your text makes me feel like your preparing a lawsuit against me. Especially the Dedede part. So again.... please keep it down, this is not "Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney". Thanks again in advance. ;)

Keep it up the good work people. Remember, we are all trying to learn a few things. ;)
oh thanks... I intended to keep it brief.... but I ramble... so you see how that goes.

Oh that stuff about
No... just no.... do the words "Does not reflect" mean anything to you? well it should
were not directed at you in any sort of way... much less a critical or negative one...
it was intended to be a witty comentary for the reader... sorry if I failed in my intent.
... but... all the same:
<.<
>.>

~Peachy~

♥Wow, that ws random. Didn't he confirm that it wasn't directed at me?;) Either way... I love the picture.

♥Btw, let's try to keep on topic here. I may update this soon. ;)

~Peachy~

♥Shameless Bump. The thread is now updated people! Discuss the new listings and criticize the placings. (Unless its perfect.) ;)

♥We really need more Zelda Users commenting.

Brinzy

NNID
Brinzy
Lucas's PK Thunder - not really worth it. It's good if they try to throw it right at you, since Lucas cannot really follow-up otherwise, but this is rarely what happens. Kick it out of existance, warp past it, do whatever. It's not really the best thing to do. "Not recommended."

Samus's Bombs - Do not use.

Snake's mortar - I have never reflected this to be honest. I normally just dodge past it. If one were to reflect this, it'd be best to reflect it as it comes down. If Snake expects this, you could be open for some nasty punishment. At high altitudes, go for it. Can't say that this will ever hit, though. "Not recommended."

Mario's Fireballs - Nayru's is better off as an attack than a reflector here. "Not recommended" because you would only reflect it if you were to approach with Nayru's.

Fox's Laser Blast - Eh... the reflected damage is nice, but I think Fox uses this for baiting in the first place. The lag from Nayru's means that Fox might be able to punish. It doesn't reach him if he's spaced out, and if it does reach, you can be easily punished. Just move past it and get to him. It's not like Zelda's approach is nullified by Fox's... uh, "defensive" game. "Do not use."

Link's bombs - one thing I like about this is if Link doesn't toss it at you from the air, a reflected bomb will just about always hit him, and it'll only sometimes hit you. That said, it's useless if he jumps and throws. "Personal choice" because it's easy to see when Link will do a jumping throw or one on the ground, and it's easy to Nayru's or react otherwise.

Pit's Arrows - Ah... I don't think so. It's not terribly hard to hit the average Pit with it, but really, if you use Nayru's before he lets go, he can just aim it away. Far away gives him enough time to not get punished by his own arrow. Using it right before it hits you is the best time to use it... but it's very situational, and it shouldn't be hard for Pit to get caught up like that. "Not recommended."

Wario's Motorcycle - if he's going to throw it at you, just jump in really close and hit B. You'll hit him with the crystals, the bike, or both. "Recommended."

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
short responses for now... maybe I'll edit them longer later

:lucas: Lucas' Pk Thunder
*Not Recomended*
not that reflecting it is an AWUL idea... but sometimes nayru's love can glitch on you and send you rocketing off for no aparent reason... like a lovejump... but not in a helpful manner... plus... there are MUCH better countering strategies.... such as avoiding and punishing... or using Din's or farore's

:samus2: Samus' Bombs
*unrecomended*
since the projectile doesn't move... there's little to no point to this.... just keep in mind that you CAN reflect them... it makes using NL a VERY good option if samus lays a bomb directly on you considering you protect yourself fromt he bomb WHILE you punish ZSS with NL shards.

:snake: Snake's Mortar Missile
*unrecomended*
He can decide to **** you with uair or utilt if you use NL above him... sometimes even if you DO reflect the projectile... just keep in mind that you CAN reflect it... because it's OCCASIONALLY useful

:mario2: Mario's Fireballs
*personal choice*
NL see's a more defensive use here... the reflected fireball won't do much to Mario... but it WILL stop his approach... you have other options, but NL is viable

:fox: Fox's Laser Blaster
*unreccomended*
Just bulrush through it... it's almsot ALWAYS a better option sice you'll take more damage than fox by trying to reflect normally

:link2: Link's Bombs -
*unrecomended*
most of the time... the bomb won't make it back to link, and MIGHT even still explode at your feet and hurt you.... try shielding or grabbing instead

:pit: Pit's Arrows - Neutral B Special
*unrecomended*
(see Falco's blaster)

:wario: Wario's Motorcycle - Side B Special.
O.o welll yes recomended.... it'll almost never come up... but, when it does, take advantage I guess

~Peachy~

This thread isn't getting much attention. Is there something that I'm doing wrong? Has everything that needed to be said already stated? We really need more than two people's opinions here...

Oh Snap

Smash Ace
NNID
iSwallow
Lol, you're not doing anything wrong. Disucssing Zelda's moves / metagame topics aren't very hot here.

:lucas: Lucas' Pk Thunder- I think you should reflect it. It'll eat your shield (I think) and Lucas shouldn't be able to punish you. Downside is, PKT probably won't hit him back so...*preference*

:samus2: Samus' Bombs - Down B Special. Lol...no...just no.

:snake: Snake's Mortar Missile - Up Smash Projectile. Like Sonic said...you might be vulnerable to a killer Utilt if you use NL. Just airdodge. *not rec*

:mario2: Mario's Fireballs - Neutral B Special. Shield is better imo *not rec*

:fox: Fox's Laser Blaster - Neutral B Special. *not rec*

:link2: Link's Bombs - Down B Special. Item Projectile. Unless he's throwing it from above, I would put it a preference.

:pit: Pit's Arrows - Neutral B Special. Depends on your opponent...if he just spams it w/o aiming it or whatever, reflect it. If not, I wouldn't recommend using it.

:wario: Wario's Motorcycle - Side B Special. Yarrr.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Lucas's PK Thunder - ga no x_x warp, dodge something other than NL. It's not worth it. *do not use*

Samus's Bombs - never use. I don't think I've ever even thought about using NL on them. *do not use*

Snake's mortar - I've never reflected this. It seems pretty risky to do. Even when I've tried it doesn't hit and I get punished. *situational*

Mario's Fireballs - don't use NL. It doesn't really do anything. *do not use*

Fox's Laser Blast - no. pretty useless *do not use*

Link's bombs - these are fun to reflect. It's useful to NL these...but they don't always hit him *situational*

Pit's Arrows - If the Pit is arrow spammy, then NL love them everytime. If the Pit user isn't an idiot and actually knows how to use the arrows. Be careful. *situational*

Wario's Motorcycle - only if he's going to throw it at you"Recommended."

Top Bottom