• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat

Smash Ace
I'm taking nothing personally man, I have no problem conceding you know more about tourny structure and all that, but I'm just trying to consider what is most fair, but perhaps your experience is best on this, so lets decide this democratically. Vote for 1,2,3,4, or 5 mains for this tourney, the swapping rule will likely remian the same, but otherwise ya, so lets here your guys voice
Please explain to me why being able to strategically pick your character after losing a match is unfair, and I'll completely shut up. However, in my experience, I mained Samus in Melee. She has bad match-ups against Falcon, Marth and Sheik, and good ones against Fox and Falco. If I won a round against a Fox main, they usually picked Marth or Sheik, even if they had a better Fox AND Falco.

It's about overall skill, and players shouldn't be penalized for being able to show skill with multiple characters.

Heh yay, I'm so close to Brawling all of the people who come to this thread often. I still need to Brawl you Chocobo... (Or Beat? Which do you prefer?)
I'll play you in a few minutes? Lag should be... crappy, haha. I prefer Beat, by the by. A pleasure.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Restricing character usage is pretty...strange. What if they main random? They're technically maining 35 characters. Are they restricted from the tourney?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
all right Beat i'll bite, what would you do in my position, I see where your coming from and your probably right about fairness, but I'm curious to know what you think would be fair for bringing into this tourney.

And trust me I know all about bad match-ups, I mained Mewtwo back in Melee (would of mained him here to) and yes I realize that has nothing to do with anything. bunny i said character slot, Random is technically a slot, so you can use Random if you want

Beat

Smash Ace
Restricing character usage is pretty...strange.
Did I ever tell you that you're fantastic?

all right Beat i'll bite, what would you do in my position, I see where your coming from and your probably right about fairness, but I'm curious to know what you think would be fair for bringing into this tourney.

And trust me I know all about bad match-ups, I mained Mewtwo back in Melee (would of mained him here to) and yes I realize that has nothing to do with anything
Do you honestly want to know what I'd do in your situation? I'd place no restrictions on character usage. If someone is only good with one character, it's their own choice. They could just as easily practice several characters. I use Ike, Falco, Snake, Kirby, and Samus in tournaments. My friend and fellow tournament attendee uses exclusively Game and Watch. I have never in the history of smash been to a venue where you had to list your characters. It simply spits in the face of those who took the time to prepare for bad match-ups.

If you only have a main, and he has bad match-ups, it's your fault for not taking time to learn characters who complement those weaknesses. If you play several characters because you think ahead, pray you've spent enough time with ANY of them to make them good.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
You should be able to join, if Heartz misses you next time she logs in and updates the list, just post again.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Ok fine, you can use whoever you want whenever you want, full counterpick rules will be enforced, winner may change his character but has to first, then loser may choose to change. It would be best, also gotta love how our thread was just moved with no warning what so ever

Beat

Smash Ace
Ok fine, you can use whoever you want whenever you want, full counterpick rules will be enforced, winner may change his character but has to first, then loser may choose to change. It would be best, also gotta love how our thread was just moved with no warning what so ever
I honestly think you're making a wise decision with that ruling. Also, the players would obviously need to communicate somehow about their character choices, as you mentioned before.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm not even going to try and keep up. Well, so how is everyone?

_Zero_

Smash Journeyman
I just need some practice against good Zeldas, thats probably the toughest matchup for my Sonic right now X_x. I can't seem to beat any good Zelda users

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Whoa whoa whoa...what?

Lmao at my post count. XD

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
glad that your useful to me for something Beat (:)) also to anyone wondering what is up with their posts, Heartz thread was moved by a moderator because it was deemed to be a tournament thread, thats why we all have so many posts now, to find your way back here you have to visit the online tournament thread, I'll look into rectifying what has happened, starting with who moved us, well which mod did it. Your all missing the big picture here, once this thing is done it will likely mean that this thread will die

Chaco

Never Logs In
Nirvana, we can play our loooong overdue match tomorrow since your getting flooded. lol I'mma go Rick Roll some more people.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Heartz is here. And Beat. We should wait til the tourney to brawl. It would be much more epic that way.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Well, now I have like 100 posts more than before, lol.

But I agree with Beat, this is probably a better choice for counterpicking characters. That's what they do in real tournaments, and it seems to work well for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom