• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Nirvana mind if I ask what misa misa is?
haha...I'm sorry I've been saying it so much...Misa Misa is a character from Death Note...It's anime...It's pronounced mEsa mEsa. Like how you say Lisa. I'll try not to say it so much. It's just fun to say.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
So many things happen while this one is away......

I knew a loser would come here sooner or later. At least the damage wasn't too serious and this thread will be stickied? It certainly deserves it. Wish I was around for the Pirates mini-discussion. Captain Jack is teh Awsome!:chuckle: Why's the rum always gone?

Thankyou for giving my name in the tourney list the appropiate color. It wasn't nothing big but it was thoughtful.

Could somebody give me the link for that KH music site? I forgot to save the page on the way through.XD

It also seems more people have come. It is unheard of for a thread to grow so fast,with so many friendly people. I think the posters here deserve a round of applause for keeping this thread a great place to hang out and have friendly fights.:)

How is that tournament coming Devil? Do we have a date/time yet?

Amazing. the more things change,the more things stay the same.....

oh,and I believe I'm able to fight now if anyone is interested.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
god i hate button delay so much, screws up dodging so much, good games Malex, I really wish I could play ya offline where dodging can happen, as well as strings that don't get messed up simply because it's impossible to tiem things the way you want

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
since it can be hard to get everyone there and ready at there perfect times, rounds will consist over a period of days for you to get your fights done, if a match does not occur in that time limit, It may end up in a DQ for atleats one person, So date for the first round will begin Saturday at 12:00 pm est, and end on Tuesday at 12:00 am est, If all matches finish before Tuesday which I hope happens then the next round will go on then, like in hockey playoffs

Unknown17

Smash Ace
Wtbh...on a great battle it finaly disconnected...i got to admit u would have lost one of my life if it wasn't for the disconnection...but u have to admit though how i made it back to the ring was sooo awsome....i made another room if u want to try or something...*smiles*...

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
since it can be hard to get everyone there and ready at there perfect times, rounds will consist over a period of days for you to get your fights done, if a match does not occur in that time limit, It may end up in a DQ for atleats one person, So date for the first round will begin Saturday at 12:00 pm est, and end on Tuesday at 12:00 am est, If all matches finish before Tuesday which I hope happens then the next round will go on then, like in hockey playoffs
...can't wait Devil...do you know who is fighting who yet?...

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
nah, not really in the mood at the moment Malex, just to annoying with lag right now, I've been practicing combos and strings with Wolf as well as his spike and recovery game, but with lag and button delay it is just far to frustrating to do unless the connection is perfect, and eve then a small delay exsists, I tried to down dodge so many times but it was always a second late, where as offline it would of gone flawlessly, if we end up...actually Unknown did you sign up for the tourney

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
whos fighting who is a good question, unfortunately at the moment 18 people are signed up, would be perfect if it was a 1v1v1 tourney, but for 1v1 it does not work out so well, so we gotta wait for atleast a fair round bypass, hopefully though we can get 32 so it works out perfectly

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I once stumbled upon a site where they had downloadble brackets for tournaments with uneven amounts of competitors, those could probably help.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
nah, not really in the mood at the moment Malex, just to annoying with lag right now, I've been practicing combos and strings with Wolf as well as his spike and recovery game, but with lag and button delay it is just far to frustrating to do unless the connection is perfect, and eve then a small delay exsists, I tried to down dodge so many times but it was always a second late, where as offline it would of gone flawlessly, if we end up...actually Unknown did you sign up for the tourney
What tourney???...i want to be in a tourney...where do i sign...

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
the problem right now is that it's 18 though, which creates alot of bad set ups, one would be that one person would go to the finals for winning the first match, other difficulties come up if I organize it different it will make things uneven so one match would be 3 people, the numbers divisible by 4 are best to have, divisible 8 for best results (if the tourney is above 8)

you just did Unknown, for any other person unaware, we are holding a friendly tournament where the people of this thread can duke it out, all rules and such already made are on the first page at Heartz intro post, I'll get Heartz to add it into the thread title so people can know about it easier

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
ya, i'm the director, rules, stage list (which reminds me I have to round up all allowable stages that cna be chosen) as well as pairings are all handled by me

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Yeah, it probably could only work online, lol.

DevilWillCry: http://www.crowsdarts.com/brackets/tourn.html
That's a site that has a template for tournaments for up to 64 people. You can either download the word documents or click on the bracket generator.

Edit: Unkown, just say you want to enter in this topic, and they'll take care of the rest, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom