• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
believe me Malex if I could somehow get everyone here to the same location for a very cheap cost to the same area for offline battles I would, just so there would be no annoying lag issues. also I ask that you pick your mains for the tourney when you see this, when Heartz relogs on I'll get her to update the list. I'll be using Wolf and Meta-Knight

Beat

Smash Ace
So anyone feel like playing a match? Beat you wanna fight? :p
I really hate fighting Sonic on wifi. Playing against him is based on timing, and it's hard to react to him with lag. Maybe later, I'd prefer someone who I haven't played yet, for chrissake.

believe me Malex if I could somehow get everyone here to the same location for a very cheap cost to the same area for offline battles I would, just so there would be no annoying lag issues. also I ask that you pick your mains for the tourney when you see this, when Heartz relogs on I'll get her to update the list. I'll be using Wolf and Meta-Knight
You should make the tournament double-elimination, or at least a set with counterpick rules. I assume you know how counterpick rules work?

_Zero_

Smash Journeyman
Meh, I won't use Sonic I'll probably use a couple of my alts so I can get some practice in with them.

Unknown17

Smash Ace
My mains r Link n Pikachu...
wait how do u sign in for the tourney agian???...

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
lol...I'd love to meet everyone in person...just ask and you can join Unknown...

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
If you plan on doing double elimination, the site I gave you only has brackets for up to 32 people. The ones with more than 32 are single elimination.

Edit: Unknown, just say something like "I'm joining the tournament." That's all I did.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I would love to see u guys in person...n it would be better that way...no lags,delays, or disconnection...n how do u join again? *smiles* sorry i don't get it...
Just post on this thread: "I would like to join Heartz and Devil's tourney."

Beat

Smash Ace
I'll consult Heartz about it, I don't make any rules until it goes through her, also thanks for the site DL
Ah. Well, the reasoning behind a set is that... Okay, an example. I main Ike, who is completely countered by Metaknight. I lose the match. I shouldn't be eliminated completely. You go to the second match. The loser of match one picks the stage, then the winner picks his character. The loser is told which character the winner picked, and then picks his character afterwards.

In this example, in the second match I'd probably use Snake. It allows for more fairness and the ability to use diversity of skill with characters.

If this is single-elimination, one match per round? I'm using Snake, the most broken character in the game, and I guarantee I'll be corny and campy.

Chaco

Never Logs In
What'd I miss guys?
...And I'll be my ever so campy ICs, I hate online play with them. You can't CG!!!

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I believe that double-elimination may be best, though long, but I have no problem with that, as for counterpick I'm gonna go light there, I don't care when you switch your character (though that may change depending), the biggest problem lies in the stage pick afterwards, there would need to be utmost communication so the loser could choose the stage he wanted, which either requires you give out your MSN,AOL,AIM, w/e or to come abck here after a match, tell the winner which stage you wanted then go back to playing, though I'll consider enforcing the counterpick rules if everyone truly wants it that way.

and remember kids, list 2 mains, not just one

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I believe that double-elimination may be best, though long, but I have no problem with that, as for counterpick I'm gonna go light there, I don't care when you switch your character (though that may change depending), the biggest problem lies in the stage pick afterwards, there would need to be utmost communication so the loser could choose the stage he wanted, which either requires you give out your MSN,AOL,AIM, w/e or to come abck here after a match, tell the winner which stage you wanted then go back to playing, though I'll consider enforcing the counterpick rules if everyone truly wants it that way.

and remember kids, list 2 mains, not just one
Devil, Unknown asked to join if you haven't noticed. I wonder were Heartz is?

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Two mains? Obviously I'll be using Yoshi, but I don't know whether Diddy Kong or Lucario should be my second choice. I'll get back to you on that.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Oh, my 2 mains...Wait...Does Zelda/Sheik count as 2? I thought it didn't, but just to make sure.

Okay here are my mains:
Zelda/Sheik and Link.
If I can't use Sheik then just Zelda and Link.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I know but i'm powerless to update the list, only Heartz can do that, and you can say color if you want, not like it'd matter much though (fyi I'm using both Wolf and MK's neutral color). Let me rephrase, choose 2 character slots to use (for any Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer user)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
o you also have until the tourney starts to decide on your characters, once it starts your stuck with the 2 you choose. no worries Unknown you'll be added, soon....

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I know but i'm powerless to update the list, only Heartz can do that, and you can say color if you want, not like it'd matter much though (fyi I'm using both Wolf and MK's neutral color). Let me rephrase, choose 2 character slots to use (for any Zelda/Sheik and Pokemon Trainer user)
Do Samus/ZSS fall into that same category as well? Not that I use them, but still...

Unknown17

Smash Ace
o you also have until the tourney starts to decide on your characters, once it starts your stuck with the 2 you choose. no worries Unknown you'll be added, soon....
Thx...i really want to be in a tourney...

Mains: white Link, Pikachu with blue gugles (or however u spelled it) *smiles*...

Beat

Smash Ace
Have you ever entered a real tournament? You're never "stuck" with two characters. You shouldn't be roped into using 2 if you've practiced five. That's unfair.

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
Great games Mishi. Really tough games too. Sorry I left you hanging during the match with G&W. I had to find something for Mom.
I was hoping you were going to use Rob....I need practice with him.:(

I'm takiing a quick break then I'm ready for another round with whoever.:)

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
O i forgot to mention the biggest rule of all, NO JOHNING. you can complain about things like for example the lag, I probably will even if I win easily (I strongly oppose Sakurai for this, among other things), but no bull**** excuses. Also I'm wondering what to do on Sd's, if your own fault thats one thing but if you get SD because lag messed up your recovery (IE your playing on the ledge, controls crap out, and you recover late), also I ask if your pairing is very laggy to report it, so we can find a third party host you both connect with well, for example me and Sonic have a horrible connection, but when we played in Chaotic's game we fought lag free (which was odd considering after i went 1v1 chaotic we lagged). Ya I have, but come on having an extensive amount of characters to me seems unfair, It'd end up being a battle to see who has the better match-up, besides lets look at letter Y in the ABC's of tourney hosting

YOUR (referring to me) the boss, if enough people oppose 2 mains that badly then I'll change it, but so far it's just you complaining about it. and I know your online Heartz so can you get around to adjusting the list when you get a chance from all your sig making

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
O i forgot to mention the biggest rule of all, NO JOHNING. you can complain about things like for example the lag, I probably will even if I win easily (I strongly oppose Sakurai for this, among other things), but no bull**** excuses. Also I'm wondering what to do on Sd's, if your own fault thats one thing but if you get SD because lag messed up your recovery (IE your playing on the ledge, controls crap out, and you recover late), also I ask if your pairing is very laggy to report it, so we can find a third party host you both connect with well, for example me and Sonic have a horrible connection, but when we played in Chaotic's game we fought lag free (which was odd considering after i went 1v1 chaotic we lagged). Ya I have, but come on having an extensive amount of characters to me seems unfair, It'd end up being a battle to see who has the better match-up, besides lets look at letter Y in the ABC's of tourney hosting

YOUR (referring to me) the boss, if enough people oppose 2 mains that badly then I'll change it, but so far it's just you complaining about it
...All good information to know...I doubt I'll complain, it's not my nature...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Hmm...Beat? If you're here, I'd like to play you.

Beat

Smash Ace
Ya I have, but come on having an extensive amount of characters to me seems unfair, It'd end up being a battle to see who has the better match-up, besides lets look at letter Y in the ABC's of tourney hosting

YOUR (referring to me) the boss, if enough people oppose 2 mains that badly then I'll change it, but so far it's just you complaining about it
You should consort normal tournament rules. I figured you'd look for the usual rules for Brawl venues at some point. You're taking this personally. I'm not complaining, I'm attempting to make the tournament more fair.

Think about it. A true competition should allow a player all in his arsenal. If someone enters as, say, Marth and Rob... Both characters share a common weakness to Metaknight. Because he can't use his third character, Snake, it IS a battle to see who has the better match-up.

I'm not trying to complain. I'm attempting to use my experience to make your tournament more fair and enjoyable.

If you don't allow choice of characters, I won't enjoy it as much because I won't really use Ike. I like playing Ike, and if I had counterpick choices if I lost round one, I'd be more inclined to use him. But seeing as it's wifi and Ike isn't safe online, I'd be forced to pick Snake and Falco.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
I'm taking nothing personally man, I have no problem conceding you know more about tourny structure and all that, but I'm just trying to consider what is most fair, but perhaps your experience is best on this, so lets decide this democratically. Vote for 1,2,3,4, or 5 mains for this tourney, the swapping rule will likely remian the same, but otherwise ya, so lets here your guys voice

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I'm up for a game. :) And what's this about a friendly tourney? Is it too late to sign up? I'll be using Sheik and Zelda, if I can. :p Added Friend Code Unknown.
You use Zelda/Sheik too? Awesome! Please add me and I'll add you! It's nice to fight another Zelda/Sheik user.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom