• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Hopefully you saw I've been practicing some edgegame.... I need some feedback from a live victim, if you don't mind.

1.) What are your thoughts when (on FD) I let go of the ledge, wall jumped off the underside of the stage, and fired a Super Missile just above the ledge & across the floor?

2.) Does Fair from the ledge (using double jump) seem effective enough to use?

3.) Does my Missile spamming / camping on the ledge prove any trouble for you?

4.) How about when I fire a fully-charged beam from the ledge?

Duo55

Smash Ace
Good games, Mitsu and Duo. They were fun. ^^
Yeah, very intense. Once I got the new strat down for friendly fire on, and got used to the 1 second button lag I started becoming a threat. I went SEED mode with Lucario, but it didn't save me that time, I was very annoying though, lol. I also learned a very important lesson. Never use Ike in team brawl, lol 3 SD within 45 seconds. My jaw hit the floor when yo KO'd me with squirtles throw at 60% damage.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
as if anyone cares XD
btw plz pm if u add me :(
I really wanna play u guys sometime
Daniel. You need a more exciting approach. You post generic challenges that people normally would ignore. Try calling out certain members. We all love fighting new and exciting people

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
1)It's a good tactic, but truth is without online lag especially, you risk being stage spiked by basically the entire cast.

2)No, even if there just standing there it's far to easy to block and punish, only real useful if your opponent botches an attack)

3)Ya, it's hard to pursue you with all the missles and bombs, I'd keep it up, though I would not risk going as low as you do

4)A missle is better for that IMO

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
1)It's a good tactic, but truth is without online lag especially, you risk being stage spiked by basically the entire cast.

2)No, even if there just standing there it's far to easy to block and punish, only real useful if your opponent botches an attack)

3)Ya, it's hard to pursue you with all the missles and bombs, I'd keep it up, though I would not risk going as low as you do

4)A missle is better for that IMO
1) rofl OK, I guess I'll just use it once in a while to show off when I know it's clear.

2) =0 Surprise. Alright, I'll see if I can't find a substitute.

3) I only fear that it takes away from my CQC ability.... Well, if you've got a gun, might as well shoot it. Especially Missiles. XD

4) k

Thanks for answering. =D It helps me to see through my opponents' eyes, and know what they're experiencing.

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Anyone up for a match? Maybe even a FFA/Team battle?

Edit: "qu'est-ce que tu gars jusqu'à?"

What are you guys up until?

Zap657

Smash Journeyman
Huh, what d'ya know? French grammar can be useful in everyday situations... Here I was complaining about Québec's educational system (and main language in general)

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
gg mitsu, nice spacing with wolf, if u have any tips for me let me have them.... i dont get to play people much

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
gg mitsu, nice spacing with wolf, if u have any tips for me let me have them.... i dont get to play people much
GG's man, Lets see I'm guessing your main is G&W, right? You've got a pretty good offence game, but you lack defence and mind games, but as you said earlier you don't get to play ppl alot, the two skills I stated will come with practice. Just keep fighting ppl online, you'll get the hang of it.:)

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
thanks man will do, G&W isnt really my main, id like to have peach as my main but i guess i have more control over G&W....

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
thanks man will do, G&W isnt really my main, id like to have peach as my main but i guess i have more control over G&W....
Yeah, just imo you did a little better with him, but thats why you have 2nds and 3rds because some tactics with G&W won't work against certain chars that might work with peach, so keep peach in good practice as well. Btw I didn't mean to go so bloodthirsty on your Solid Snake it's just that I've been training to beat DSF and when I see a snake, I go all out.

JOBOT

Smash Journeyman
haha ya nah man juggle me all u want... my snake is usually better but that goddam laser hah, and i usually play my ******** friend who just runs right at me

but im goin to bed peace

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
Speaking of needed sleep, I gotta move 1200 more bales of hay in the morning, so I'll see you guys l8er. Everytime I move that much hay in 1 day, I figure my body is getting 3% stronger each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom