• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ ~ The Wing Cap ~ ☆ (Somewhat outdated)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I don't know if you are still doing this and I don't know if this is already known, but I did something kinda cool during friendlies. While I was hanging off the ledge of FD, I would ledge drop then wall jump off of the ledge and attempt to spike someone. I'm pretty sure that this can be done on BF and Smashville, too.
Yeah I do this, usually for mindgames since it's not too good of an idea and can get you gimped.

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
...On Shadow Moses? There's a cooldown time that prevents you from walljumping multiple times in succession. Am I wrong on this?
yea its still possible to wall jump multiple times. Its just not a good idea to do that on that board because Mario will sometimes be at a disadvantage.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
This is what I'm planning to include in the video.

-Up-B
-Bair
-Nair
-Dair
-Up Smash
-Stutter-Stepped F-Smash
-Grab

Each through a normal shield (not powershield) aganist Bowser's Dash Attack. I'm going to use Ike on one of them to display what HeroMystic said.

For some reason, I think I'm missing something important this time around, like I'm being too general. Did I get it all correct?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
What a lot of people don't know, or just don't use, is that you can jump out of shield. IDK if that is worth mentioning, though, since it's kinda like rolling or spot dodging.

Famous

Smash Champion
You have to jump OOS just to UpB...That's why you can only UpB OoS effectively with tap jump on...

Nair OoS is sexy too...works so well

JUDGE

Smash Lord
^
this is exactly what i wanted to say^^
dude...I LOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!

Beardz

Smash Rookie
This really helped out a lot, especially since I'm new to smash boards. Thanks for posting it!

rockem7

Smash Ace
Now...Who all does the cape teliport work on? I've only successfully used it on Marth. Who was shown in the video. XD

And...

LOL NESS :p

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
It works on everyone, but the timing is different. I've also been able to cape teleport Falcon.

JUDGE

Smash Lord
dude, i am so happy that you are a mario mainer ^^
glad to have you hear (lol the mk boards^^)

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry if this has been mentioned, but maybe there should be some type of doubles analogy? Some doubles tips, recommended partners(luigi), doubles combo's. That sort of stuff. Or is this a thread in which we just improve Mario's singles metagame?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I've actually got that question asked a lot about doubles. Thing is, there's not much to say about Mario's doubles game other than what -he- can do, simply because he has many many many options when he has a partner.

Mario's pretty **** in doubles though, due to "Cape ****". If I get some inspiration, I can probably make a metagame analysis for his doubles match. Granted, it wouldn't be as awesome as the singles one.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'll probably make a doubles video, but probably just to point out Mario's strengths and weaknesses.

New Series QT Momentum Cancel - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmQn3Bt3QlI

Also, if anyone has any random tips that they want to share, it would be really helpful!

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
Hey, firemario, any word about the use of the Cape Glide into a F.L.U.D.D. Boost edgeguard technique I sent you a while ago on Youtube? I was Gahsu, if you haven't figured it out already. ;)

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Oh yea. I'll probably include that into this series so it'll be coming soon. I might give it its own video or include it into a FLUDD Tricks video.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I was trying to explain Mario's momentum cancel without having to restate everything about DI. Ah, well. Nothing a video link won't fix.:bee:

stealth3654

Smash Lord
What happened to the Mario style, Luigi style, and Jumpman style on the first post? I have been waiting for those. :(

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
After I made Camping, I thought that it was too closely related to Luigi Style and I didn't want to make another video. Maybe I'll make Mario and Jumpman Style.

Anyway, I'm making Mario's DASC next and need a quote. Can anyone help?

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Okay, I have a replay of something that should interest Marios. It shows a property of one of his moves that, from my research, does not seem to be published yet. I mentioned this in the Pierce thread but it's dead or got overlooked or something; sorry.

Can I have someone's Wii code? And if mine isn't in my User info now, I'll put it in there for the next while.

I'll send the replay and then you can tell me if it's useful, not worth mentioning, or top secret. :p

:shyguy:

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
Hmm. I tried to send it today but "there was a problem with WiiConnect24".

I wanted glory and mystique of sending this by replay first, but I'm not too stupid to hold out on that.
I may in fact never be able to send the replay I have.

Good thing the input is reaaaaaaally easy. It still amazes me no one found it before.

Okay. So you do an ftilt.

You wait until a certain point after Mario's right foot is on the ground behind him, and before he pulls his left foot back to his normal stance.

You then enter

uptilt
Downsmash
Upsmash
spot dodge
dtilt

and or possibly others (but definitely not jab...)

And you move up to the length of Mario's leg backwards.

EDIT: It's easiest to do with spot dodge, to get the feel of it at first. I don't know why.

I swear to God, this looks like sex with ftilt -> dtilt.

I think this is a universal physics mechanic because it can be compared to Ganondorf's Demonic Step and Pit's Angel step, which as yet have no explanation.
They seem to all three be explained only in reference to the physical motion of the character model. I am somehow reacting to Mario's "back-pulling" force of his left foot. I am using a move that, itself, takes pressure off of that foot.

Enjoy. I hope I don't get flamed for repeating known stuff.

I know about Usmash's supposed reduction of friction. If there's any special interaction, I couldn't confirm it, mostly because I could never successfully time a Usmash input if I charged... because I suck at actually tapping the control stick.
That would be sex if we could slide into Usmashes backwards though, wouldn't it? :p

:shyguy:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Actually this is known. It's just as of now totally impractical. You can just crouch to cause the sliding.

The best use I can think of for that is F-tilt slide -> reverse F-smash.

And by the way, DACUS with Mario is viable if you hold the charge stance. Furthermore, you can easily charge U-smash by holding Z as you C stick U-smash.

Top Bottom