• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆ Super smash brothers storiεs ☆

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
☆ Smash Stories ☆

☆ Smash Stories ☆ Is a place for all of the smashboards residents to share experinces of:

~Smash battles
~Weird thinqs that happened during gameplay
~How you came across AT'S
~The problems you have with your main
~Your greatest moments
~Mini games you've made up (EX:Turtle shell hockey)
~The most corniest things you've EVER gotten away with...

☆ ANYTHING ABOUT SMASH YOU THINK OF! ☆
copywritten by professor mgw scince 1999 [smash stories™]

TP

Smash Master
I hit someone with a Ganon Utilt to end a tournament set. He was a Luigi following Luigi's predictable recovery line. The look on his face was priceless.

:034:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I fought a pretty good Wolf player a few days ago, and I saved alot of our battles to critique myself with. To my surprise, the Wolf player was just as good as I was (I'm not saying I'm good or anything, but I haven't really faced any good opponent 'til now (never been to a tourney)). Anyways, I spent a good time watching our replays, and I made a few evaluations of the mistakes I perform.

- Predictability. Almost all of his kills on me were when he rolled around or predicted my attack.

- Zoning. He was almost always in my "yellow zone." I did a fail job keeping in the green.

- Stale moves. My fair was always stale. I way overused it and didn't refresh it very often at all.

- Variety. I didn't mix it up very often. My Dancing Blade was underused, and Fair way overused. I didn't take advantage of his rolling or shielding, and my desired kill move was always obvious.

Those were the mian four things to my knowledge. I did do a good job juggling IMO, and I performed much better against his MK and Ness. But anyways, that's my Smash Story for today. :)

Dido

Smash Journeyman
at sudden death there was me: luigi
and sonic
he did his speacial b right tilt
while i did the same i one it buy a half a second.

j0s3ph

Smash Apprentice
One time I was messing around as MK vs CPUs...a Mario caped me right as I grabbed the ledge, and I ended up being in the ledge grab position backwards. I wasn't thinking and didn't take a snapshot though.

TP

Smash Master
One time I was messing around as MK vs CPUs...a Mario caped me right as I grabbed the ledge, and I ended up being in the ledge grab position backwards. I wasn't thinking and didn't take a snapshot though.
That's called the Cape Teleport I believe. The Mario board thinks it has real potential to improve Mario's edge guarding game.

(Mario mains, please don't kill me if I'm wrong)

:034:

During an online WiFi With Anyone battle once, all four of us ended up in the Target Smash Level 1 Stage (most likely someone hacked or it was just a quick glitch). Player 3 was an ally, while the others were enemies. After a seemingly long 2 minute Brawl with absolutely no KOs for anyone, it turned into Sudden Death.
What was strange, at the beginning of the match, we all spawned right within range of each other, and when Sudden Death came, I used Meta Knight's Down Smash without charging it and I KO'd all three of the others. Then my WiFi dropped... :ohwell: Thankfully I recorded the match.

Also, I got stuck in a 4-chain Smart Bomb explosion, along with 2 other CPUs. One Smart Bomb spawned right after the other. We all racked up 60%+ damage.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I once went right through Pokemon Stadium 1 using Ness's side-b while it was transforming, idk if that was a known glitch or not though....

Sieguest

Smash Master
Humiliating moment of my life....

I was MK and I was goofing around on Stamina mode...
I was fighting DDD and I had him off the stage...I got him down to 1 hp and I had 300...but I ran out of jumps..and shuttle looped wrong and died

I was mad I didn't save a replay...>.> I shut off the wii in frustration...

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
This isn't something that I really participated in, rather something that I witnessed.

Some people online decided to do a "taunt party" (don't really attack each other) one day. I was Luigi, the other 3 were Ness, Ness & Lucas; the stage was Hyrule Temple. When it came to sudden death, one of the Ness-s and me (Luigi) quickly died after being hit by bombs.

The remaining and Lucas decided to use their PSI magnets and heal each other. Neither of them died as they sunk both their damage levels back to 0%. After that, they taunted, sat there, and generally did nothing. When one of them was hit by a bomb, the other would heal them back to 0%. This continued on. And on. And on. For about 20 minutes. I actually left the room several times.

I'm pretty certain myself and the other dead player wanted this to stop, but Ness and Lucas just kept healing each other. It was really frustrating.

Eventually, Ness got hit by a bomb in the "fight club" down below. I thought, nothing new, he would just be healed, but he was immediately hit by another bomb a second after and flew up the left passageway to above. Lucas was rushing over, but as Ness was still in the air, a third bomb hit and blasted him off the left side for a KO. Finally!

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
LOL! that's funny.
I remember fighting PT one time on smashville and charizard went through the board. 0.o? I have no idea how the heck that happened...

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Once I tripped on my last life while holding an Electrode.

I was trying to get Tabuu as a Trophy the other day, and when I had him down to very low health, a Trophy Stand appeared, oh delightful! Yet, a Bomb-omb appeared on the field, nothing of it, I will just throw the Trophy Stand at Tabuu.
I miss the first Trophy Stand shot, but I threw it upwards and I caught it again... Not much of a problem, right?
Tabuu teleports to the side of the stage, and the Bomb-omb explodes, Tabuu dies.
Although I finally have Tabuu as a Trophy, that was extremely frustrating, being thwarted by a Bomb-omb, AGAIN.
I hate those items.

Ninja Kirby Nick!

Smash Lord
That's not what your mother said last night Trebek
I tripped once.
Greatest story in the world :rotfl:!

I recall one time in the Green Greens stage, I used Kirby's final smash under the stage, and it spiked EVERYBODY xD!

There was also a time when I fought a Marth player as Bowser and one time, when we were down to one lives, He Fair-ed me into and right when he was about to do it again, I used over B (In the air) and we both died :chuckle:! Then in Super Sudden Death, I managed to do it again and I won the match :laugh:.

I'm no longer a n00b anymore...fun times :laugh:!

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
i was fighting cpu's on BF

with mario then a Assist trophy poped up.

i got it

and that rotating long line thing was in it

like, i went under it and all of a sudden, i fell through the stage

i saved a replay of it and showed my brother, he just laughed..

i did the same..

Darkurai

Smash Master
Tripping actually saved me once. People tend to trip into a forward smash, but the opposite happened to me.

It was at high percents in a friendly match, and we both had to be somewhere else very soon. We just wanted the match to end, but neither of us wanted to give up because it'd been a pretty intense match. So near the end, instead of the normal mostly-defensive game that I play, I decided "**** it" and just tried to run at him. He saw this and decided to do a forward smash (he was Dedede). I was on the other side of the stage pretty much, and due to my desperation to finish, wasn't being very attentive, so I wouldn't have noticed in time to shield or counter. But as I start running, I trip and stop just barely short of the forward smash. That gave me the opportunity I needed to hit him and finish the match.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Tripping saved me once also.
I rmemeber one time I was just playing ganon for fun in basic brawl on bridge of elders(that's what I call it). The smashball cameout and I just waited for it to come towards me. Then I warlocked punched all three of the opponents when they went for it.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I learned that nintendo lied twice. Kaptain K rool is not King K. rool's brother! their the same person! that fact was obvius. plus! they said that all assist trophies were invincible. I saw a lakitu. then the person kept on taunting because he thought I would die. but instead, I used PK thunder to wipe out the assist trophy, then I won the match by smacking him withj a home run bat. how many of you know about it? one time, in adventure mode, I battled tabuu with link. tabuu grabbed me with his chain.but I never came off. instead, I was frozen, and attached to tabuu. and the last thing was, I found out his secret attack. he used WII BURN ATTACK! I think tabuu is trying to destroy Nintendo for real!!!!!! mabyee not though.

AeryEcho

Smash Cadet
I'm still baffled by a replay I have, where I'm playing Pikachu (random) and my cousins are playing Ike and C. Falcon. We're at the Summit, and things go normally until Falcon gets the smash ball. He proceeds to use it and hits Ike. Falcon's doing his thing, hitting someone with a car, when inexplicably, he dies.
Ike received all the damage but no knockback, and is left confused on the stage, while the Captain just died in the upper right corner of the screen. I can't find any reason why this happened in the replay; the fish wasn't present, the stage wasn't moving, he just...died.
Maybe Captain Falcon crashed?

Also, we have an instance where two friends of mine are messing around on a custom stage. Pit just fell off and died, so Link swings his homerun bat for no reason. Just as the bat is at full swing, a blast box appears at the same frame, positioned exactly where the bat is, blowing up and killing him in an instant.
Good times :laugh:

gOld7

Smash Apprentice
This happened quite awhile ago but I was either playing as or against ROB on Super Mario Bros. Stage and two Side Steppers or Koopas, can't recall, were across from eachother. Somebody smashed ROB and he flew a bee-line course into one of the Stage enemies, bouncing of him and against another, while being smash on the upper part of the stage and on the final enemy was flung off screen resulting in my loss or victory. Either way, it was pretty histarical.

DemonFart

Smash Lord
This thread is a collection of the other threads that used to be made (or still are)

Gimping with Watergun feels great.

Narigo1

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4098-2763-4068
In a captain falcon ditto with 3 stock and no time limit, both me and my opponent died at the same time forcing us to a sudden death. This was weird because sudden death usually don't happen in stock matches but in time matches.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
When I was fighting online against a jigglypuff, it just kept dieying by its self at the percentage of 0%. First it holds the sheild then when its smalll and someone touches jiggly it just starts flying out the ring!
Must of been a practiced trick or something

Gardevior

Smash Lord
So I was Ness against an Ike and a Snake. Snake just got spiked off of the stage (Delfino Plaza) by Ike. I dashed over to Ike, threw him up in the air with a dash attack, jumped up after him and started to PK Thunder. At this time, Snake was coming back down on the invincibility platform, but hasn't gotten off of it yet. Anyway, PK thunder comes out, I tailwhip Ike to stun him, then PKT2 Ike to kill him. At the same time, Snake gets sent flying off the stage by the same PKT2, despite him still being on the invincibility platform.

Those were my opponent's last two stocks. :)

Top Bottom