• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yo tonight was bull i wanted to warm up and only played a grand total of two matches. :(

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
mini wsu tourny results:

1st domo
2nd Holmes
3rd me

cant wait for ok tourny later today lets rock the house

rebd121

Smash Journeyman
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I think the worst thing I ever did was hump Royal Tempest's Zelda to 300 damage with Snake while moaning the whole time.

Speaking of Royal Tempest: You left your chewed up GC controller at my house.
To the first: That was creepy and pain-inducing.

To the second: I'll get it eventually.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I pretty much sucked. Oh well.

Who sucked?

<----- This guy

Hopefully next time they can try to start the Singles bracket before 1am, when my brain can actually function.

Getting bracket ****ed by having to face the 3rd and 5th place finishers in brackets didn't help my cause either.

To anyone who says NO JOHNS: Seriously, go **** yourself.

I don't give a ****.

MprisM

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully next time they can try to start the Singles bracket before 1am, when my brain can actually function.
Amen. I just gave up and napped. Gay, getting to the singles bracket after 13 hours of play time is ****ed.

I dont understand why they don't just do, doubles, singles, then extra stuff.

It's the formula smash has used for years, why has it changed simply because everyone who plays brawl is ********?

Not a good enough reason IMO.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
So wheres the posts and shout out page?

Edit: my bad I found it I think. Wait...nvm...noob fox

Holms

Smash Ace
Shoot, Holms, I wouldn't call getting 25th "sucking." Did you use primarily Kirby? How did that go for you?
I used Kirby all the way. Didn't want to screw around period at this tourney.

Did awesome in pools; I got 4th with 19 wins and X losses. Mr.3000, Hylian, and Light all pretty much owned me, though for some reason, I went 1-1 with Hylian. Probably because he didn't use Game&Watch again.

But then the singles started, and I got some pretty gay matchups. Of all people, I was the that special someone selected to go against Mele1 on my FIRST match. Owned is literally an understatement for how that set went. :laugh:

Then I went against prism, who flat-out surprised me with his ability to not only play ZSS VERY well on Rainbow Cruise, but used the stage against me as well. It was close, but I ended up winning...and was put up against Cosmos. His ZSS was pretty good, though I think prism's is better...I just suck at approaching ZSS's forward b. But then his Peach owned me in the second match, though it was still fairly close.

Maybe being in 25th doesn't "suck," but I certainly didn't last as long as I had hoped. I wanted to at least not get eliminated from the winner's bracket on the first match, but as fate had it, I had to go against Mele1. Moreover, I wanted to at least make it past 5 rounds if not up to the fifth round, but I was dropped in the 3rd one due to Cosmos.

And yes, it would have helped to not have started singles on Sunday. That was seriously messed up beyond words. The tourney didn't even end until about 4 or five in the morning as far as I know. Sheesh. Oh well, I know I need a fair amount of improvement on my supposedly "good" Kirby if I want to do better next time. :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
And yes, it would have helped to not have started singles on Sunday. That was seriously messed up beyond words. The tourney didn't even end until about 4 or five in the morning as far as I know. Sheesh.
It ended at 6am.

Redonkulous.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Singles:
1. Dojo
2. Roy_R
3. Le THieN
4. Melee1
5. Sethlon
5. Foursaken
7. Hylian
7. T-rex
9. Santi
9. Ky
9. D4ba
9. Infinity
13. UTD Zac
13. Wotts
13. Royal Nynja
13. Kown
17. DPHat
17. BASS
17. Domo
17. Karmacide
17. KOS-MOS
17. Light
17. Shuz
17. Fogo
25. Xyro
25. Clo
25. Bwett
25. Gravy
25. Holms
25. Zeton
25. Steeler
25. Bad News Bear
33. Zinth
33. Kyle
33. Shade
33. 999%
33. KLEIN
33. Attack Storm
33. Angel
33. GMo
33. M Prism
33. Waka
33. Mr. 3000
33. Phoenix Alpha
33. Chuck Nasty [forfeit]
33. Arikado
33. Affinity
33. SARS Pirate
for those that didnt go.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
Tourney made me realize I've been holdin myself back for too long, time to unleash the fury

BTW are we having Bi-Weeklies anymore? Or just meetups at Andy's on Wednesday?

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
you guys need to stop saying "no i sucked" it doesn't matter how well you placed. What matters is who and what you lost to and what you can do to make sure it doesn't happen again. Just saying that you sucked doesn't help you at all and actually hurts your game sometimes. Just try and work hard on the things that you lose to. If you don't and just keep saying you sucked at every tournament you go to then you won't get any better.

And on that note you shouldn't be thinking about who you are fighting and how good they are. Just focus on how you can beat them. It's like what happened in pools with me. I was fighting my pool leader (seth) who played falco and our matches were always down to our last stocks and whoever would get the finishing blow off first, and it wasn't until after our matches that somebody told me that he was considerd the best falco in the nation. The point is I wasn't thinking about how good he was but was just thinking about ways to beat him and actually almost did beat him

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
man not sleepin for like 2 days aint a good idea at any tournament let alone one this big. Roy R did the same thing though lol and he got second. so i definitely gotta step my game up and show the nation something now. I did some stupid things this tournament that i prolly shouldnt have. Noone asked me to do em but hey i did and i payed for it. But all in all i had fun some sleep and some practice are on the agenda before the next tournament. Well later dudez

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
alright... so after reading some of these posts up in herrr.... i guess like all u guys know each other and im just out of the loop and really nobody cares bcuz who is this firestorm dude anyways and blah... but for anyone interested... i think i have seen some of u guys b4 and even played some... but i dont know u guys by ur "Smash Names" so yeah... but anyways i was wondering when and where u guys meet to play each other cuz idk for the past few days i have this sudden urge to play this game for non-stop hours again and peeps i live by is only decent at this game and so im not gettin any better... sooooo yeah i think u know what im gettin at... is it cool if come smash with u guys whenever?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Sure, we all meet up at Karmacide's place every Weds (5:30pm - 12:00am?). Karma will be able to give you the rest of the info.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
yeah man, and invite the people you play with too. all of yall will improve and wichita smash will be all the better for it. :) we welcome new guys. except cameron, he eats new people. for dinner. bad counterpicks for dessert.

i'm happy with how i did. though i'll always have this question on my mind...would that dthrow have killed??? idk squirt was probably fatigued but we'll never know.........

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
alright cuz i think my fox needs a lot of improvement and i am too use to playin my friends so i might suck against anybody else that i am not use too... so im most likely nub compared to u guys.. :p but oh well, my spirit will only be crushed a little when i get pwned... :p

supergamer001

Smash Ace
Well in my pools people seriously counterpicked DK and Zelda against me. DK I ate alive and Zelda I barely moved the entire match and staled out my ftilt.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
yeah man, and invite the people you play with too. all of yall will improve and wichita smash will be all the better for it. :) we welcome new guys. except cameron, he eats new people. for dinner. bad counterpicks for dessert.

i'm happy with how i did. though i'll always have this question on my mind...would that dthrow have killed??? idk squirt was probably fatigued but we'll never know.........
Actually I was watching you very closely and you were standing still right before he dropped down there, you were not in your fatigue animation yet.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
awww MAN that makes it even worse. i was just pummeling to "make sure" and he ended up breaking out. the whole time we were both dancing down there, dthrow was the only thing on my mind.

maybe a hydroplane would have been nice.

oh well, more fuel for our next big tourney (mw championships anyone?) i'm pumped to improve and get top 20 next time. only my second big tourney!

also fino i would definitely like to be there. depending on ****, we could probably get 2 cars down there? just an estimate.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
idk, i was really hoping to buy a new laptop soon. since i have no computer at all now and have to do all my interwebs checking for the day at wsu.

actually, i might as well ask here. i know a few of you are big computer hardware guys. where should i shop? keep in mind that i don't really do pc gaming. what kind of price range am i looking at?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
idk, i was really hoping to buy a new laptop soon. since i have no computer at all now and have to do all my interwebs checking for the day at wsu.

actually, i might as well ask here. i know a few of you are big computer hardware guys. where should i shop? keep in mind that i don't really do pc gaming. what kind of price range am i looking at?
It's not hard to find a good deal online for a 400 dollar laptop that can handle basic applications and internet.

You might get a good deal with the Holiday sales (Black Friday) coming up.

Brick and Mortar Black Fridays are a joke though. Just shop online.

Fino

Smash Master
Yeah steeler, if you come over I could probably find a couple good laptop for you. Online is the way to go though ;).

Inferno RAGE~!: I get paid wednesday... most of that is hopping its way towards that speeding ticket I got, but I could possibly help a bit on gas ^_^
I'll have drinks and some snacks at my house fyi.
How many plan on coming? lolz this could turn into a small tournament (20 and we can send a list to good ole' anoku... link and olimar will move up the tier list at this rate XD). Even if we don't hit 20, I will lie lol jk.
But yeah, gas shouldn't be TOO much (2 - 3 hour drive depending on how time efficient you are ;) ). Send me a break down whenever, and I'll see how much we can help.

~Fino

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Yeah steeler, if you come over I could probably find a couple good laptop for you. Online is the way to go though ;).

Inferno RAGE~!: I get paid wednesday... most of that is hopping its way towards that speeding ticket I got, but I could possibly help a bit on gas ^_^
I'll have drinks and some snacks at my house fyi.
How many plan on coming? lolz this could turn into a small tournament (20 and we can send a list to good ole' anoku... link and olimar will move up the tier list at this rate XD). Even if we don't hit 20, I will lie lol jk.
But yeah, gas shouldn't be TOO much (2 - 3 hour drive depending on how time efficient you are ;) ). Send me a break down whenever, and I'll see how much we can help.

~Fino
hey as long as gas is the only thing well have to pay for I would definately be up for it....my little boy is dieing to play with some new people. Im gonna teach your ****** spaceman and his batch of carrots whats up XD

Fino

Smash Master
Yup yup, I'll have lots of dew / other beverages, chips / other snack foods, so long as you don't mind getting an actual meal lol.
Coo cool ^_^ Olimar is a man child... man child > little boy ;)
*Fear the Links... <_<* lol

~Fino

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Yup yup, I'll have lots of dew / other beverages, chips / other snack foods, so long as you don't mind getting an actual meal lol.
Coo cool ^_^ Olimar is a man child... man child > little boy ;)
*Fear the Links... <_<* lol

~Fino
actually my lucas is level 48 right now...I should be able to get him to level 50 by the time we head over....and once I get him to level 50 he evolves into a man =D

Top Bottom