• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think my cousin has tables, but I'm incapable of transporting them. Could someone transport them? He's on Harry and Webb.

Also, if you guys would prefer a one day event, I could just eliminate pools as a whole and just dive straight into doubles and singles brackets. Also, since this event is at Boba Zone, I'll probably have to give out monetary prizes rather than making this a party like event. It'd be good for the businesses surrounding Boba Zone too I think.

Opinions?
If you make it a one day event it might be good to go for Sunday because there is another Choi charity going on Saturday ironically.

Depster

Smash Champion
Can I have some specific information on B4H2? Like place, time, etc? or is there a thread for it that I couldn't find?

Depster

Smash Champion
I think I found the Boba Zone place you were talking about and the address is like what Affinity told me on AIM. So is it by the Dillons at 21st/Rock?

2240 N Rock Road to be exact?

I can go if that's the place =D

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Wait, what? What other charity event? The only other one I knew about was a dodgeball tournament but that's already passed. I am meeting up with the owner of Boba Zone to finalize everything tomorrow night. If it is a one day event, I will be more likely to choose Saturday. Sorry to those of you who are against this.

Depster: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=357678665785

ALSO! The info on that page is most likely incorrect! I will probably not be providing food/drinks! Back to a [small] monetary prize structure!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Would you get mad if I timed people out?
jk :p
Not that I actually have timed someone out, but I've gotten close.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Whats up with the boards lately?

I'm hosting today at 6.

Come if you like vidja games.
I might show up later? Not for too long though. Maybe an hour tops.

I think the Bowl-a-thon is on May 2nd Cameron. Soooo, it's all good. (:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Me and Kyle were talking about SSF4 and were wondering if anyone is hosting for the release?

@ 4rce: I guess my friend is just ******** with dates then

Depster

Smash Champion
Well 4rce, I don't have facebook sooo... And if it's going to for sure be on Saturday you don't need to clarify anything with me anyway.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
alright i need a headcount for mlg columbus, so i can get housing figured out, unless someone else has it covered. so far i know me, fino, and domo are coming. who else would be going?

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Hey guys, me again. Long time no see.

Now that Stealth mentions MLG Columbus, this would be an opprotune time to bring up my t-shirt idea with you once more. I garnered some interest last time, and I was curious if that was still there.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
For those of you without Facebook, I just sent this message out.

Huy D. Dao April 21 at 8:37pm
After meeting with the owner of Boba Zone, I have the final updates for the tournament.

There will be 6 TVs for Brawl and 1 TV for casual Street Fighter IV play. We will ATTEMPT to run through pools, doubles and singles brackets in one day. This will be difficult, but I think we can make it. Registration starts at 11:30am. Pools will start at 12:00pm sharp. We will be running on an amazingly tight schedule, please don't be the one to run late.

Pizza will be bought for all of the participants. I will not buy drinks...we're at Boba Zone, come on. Do not feel obligated to eat the pizza, there are plenty of businesses around if you're thoroughly opposed to it.

Boba Zone has offered to donate a portion of their profit from Saturday directly to our cause. This took me by surprise and it's an amazing offer. If you don't already know, their products are amazing, so it'd be silly not to buy.

Since this is an all day event, park in the back. It is unfair to steal parking spacing from paying customers.

Most importantly, I understand that this is a video game tournament and that a lot of you, A LOT, of you are coming to have fun. However, please, please do not forget why I'm hosting this event. If you don't understand the purpose of this event then all the work I've put into setting this up will be in vain. So please, just remember.

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT AND PATIENCE! I HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE ON SATURDAY!!!

-Huy

Current set-ups (confirmed)

Wii's
1. 4rce
2. Affinity
3. The S Word
4. MDoom
5. Michael

TV's
1. 4rce
2. Inferno
3. Inferno
4. Dillon
5. The S Word
6. MDoom

HDMI Cables

Please let me know if you can provide one of the above.

Top Bottom