• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
There's a change of venue at the Iowa tournament this Saturday. It won't be held at Joker's, but instead at a little town one hour away from Des Moines. Of course, we'll have to drive an extra hour...

1538 235th Street
State Center, IA 50247-9638

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Sorry about the extra distance, but you are more than welcome to stay on Saturday night so that additional hour isn't added to the straight drive home. Despite being kind of out of the way this venue has more than enough room and has been very eager to accommodate our needs. It really is an easy journey there however. Just stay on I-35 going North, until you run into Highway 30 by Ames, go East towards Nevada (not the state) and in 15-20 minutes you are at the venue.

hardnoir

Smash Cadet
How late do you guys usually play at this in house tournament? Or is it still even a regular event?

I'm from Ark City and have just started seriously playing Brawl within the last two months or so. I'd really like to play competitively, but so far I'm stuck practicing on wifi. None of my friends play the Wii much less Brawl. I figure something like this would be a great opportunity to get better as well as becoming acquainted with the competitive scene and having the chance to hang out with some cool people.

I just have other family obligations on Sunday mornings. I doubt I'd ever make it up to play before 3:00. Obviously this is too late for the tournament, but is there any chance people would still be hanging around playing friendlies?

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
There isn't going to be a tournament this weekend due to almost all of us going out of town. There should be one next weekend though.

hardnoir

Smash Cadet
Yeah, that tournament in Iowa? I was playing a guy on wifi last night--mduo, I think-- and he was going to be there. MK main. He mentioned you when he learned I was from KS, which then led me to this thread. So the local tourney is still going on. And it should last pretty late?

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
CHANGES: the weeklies are off I will be too busy in the coming weeks to hold them. And the attendance was sad. Soooooo I will do other things with my day. That is unless I change my mind

fragbait

Smash Master
Affinity: Duane and Brando have recently put out the LP of Devastation, the guys who did the Megaman 2 Rap, you should check it out.
It was before October, because in October they broke up.
LP of Destruction has every track they've ever recorded, including some Earthbound samples.
Alternatively, their "EP of Destruction" is Free and has a good handful of tracks.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Pool Results

Steeler - 2nd
Clel - 2nd
Mr. Doom - 1st
Zeton - 1st
Domo - 1st
Affinity - 1st
Fino - 2nd

Holms

Smash Ace
I didn't go because there wasn't any room left. Zeton was the only one driving and he had domo, clel, Mr. Doom and steeler in his car. Affinity and Fino went in secret (well not really), not that I would have made my trip more expensive by riding with him. :p

But after hearing Mr. Doom's stories, I'm disappointed to have not gone. So many surprises and upsets and opportunities for trash talking were missed.

Also: POWER RANKINGS FEBUARY 7TH YAY

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
you really should have gone holms

here are results as i recall them

1. ally
2. lain
3. domo
4. clel
5. zeton
5. joker
7. affinity
7. nicole
9. fino
9. steeler
9. razer
9. cook i think?
13. mr. doom
rest idk

6 of top 12 from kansas? too good. and mr. doom would have placed higher but he hijacked the bracket so that he played ally second round, even though he was a first seed.

doubles

1. ally lain
2. domo steeler
3. affinity fino
4. razer joker
5. clel zeton
rest doesn't matter

3 of top 5 from kansas? too good.

Top Bottom