• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
hey people we need t.vs for the tournament bring them if you can any t.v will help. We ran it pretty quik with 3 setups last time so please bring them if you can thx.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
so when's the next get together? I really want to get in on it. In wichita now

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
^Father of Wichita Smash^

Domo's In-House Tournament
2323 N. Woodlawn, Apt 332

Time:

* Registration - 12:00pm

* Starts - 12:30pm

Entry Fees:

* $5 Entry for Singles

* $5 Entry for Teams ($10 per team)

* NO REFUNDS!!! It messes up the pot amount.

Prizes:

* 60/30/10 Pot Split

Rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Double Elimination

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and grand finals are best of 3 matches. All finals are best of 5.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned. Anyone caught using it to lengthen the distance of Dimensional Cape will automatically lose that game to their opponent.

* If the game ends with a suicide, the winner will be determined by percentage. This includes Swallow-cides, Ganon-cides, Wario-cide, and Bowser's Koopa Claw.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)

Counter-Pick

Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Rainbow Cruise
in the OP but im nice

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
yea i saw it after i posted that. too lazy to edit though. There gonna be any melee?

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
lmao, true. It was a 12 hour drive T.T (with stops with my parents arguing). But yea, Affinity and Domo (only melee players right?), bring melee and I wanna MM

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
NOoooooooo..... I guess i'll manage will brawl just a bit. Hope my parents will let me go, too. I haven't played brawl competitively in months. Though last time i played, I got 3rd in doubles, 2nd in last singles tourney i played (sml turnout though)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
omg if thats true, I'll go to wichita more lol. Thats what happened to my town, like it was 2 people who started playing melee, then people who played brawl got bored of it and went to melee competitively.

btw, didn't see this posted anywhere, (sorta old)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJj_5EZyi34 UGS COMBO

Fino

Smash Master
You're an inspiration, Steeler. I want these sooooo bad. :laugh: Wonder if they carry size 14.

Agreed.

Btw... if we start KPRs again... I just took first in colorado in both doubles and singles. Notable wins: Dave, Tim, Flux, and Chunky in tournament.... beat everyone else in the state in a MM. =D

~Fino

EDIT: I found a sweet pair of Toon Link Shoes http://slshopaholic.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/rhubarbpenispumps.jpg

MJG

Smash Hero
Awesome Steeler ^_^ Squirtle is top tier material ...especially if you put those shoes on, tap them together 3 times, and just believe that you are (I need to go to bed >_>)

EDIT: I just watched your match vs Affinity. Your hydro boosting (or whatever it is called) with squirtle is SOOOOOOO sexy....

Have my children please.

EDIT2: Its hydroplanning I guess lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
It can only respond to one video, so if you already selected it as a response once, you can't do it for another one.
Yeah, I suppose. I went ahead and tested my theory. I decided to try to post a video response for one of my own videos and I saw my "duelist video" with a star right next to it, indicating that it was already being used as a video response. But, I tried to post a video response to Affinity's "get bored playing mk" video and that "duelist video" wasn't there at all.

But I got around that glitch. I posted a video response to one of my videos, and the "duelist video" appeared again when I tried to post a video response to the "get bored playing mk" vid.

I don't know if I worded this correctly, as it is around 5:15 in the morning and I should definitely be asleep...

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Finolimar said:
Btw... if we start KPRs again... I just took first in colorado in both doubles and singles. Notable wins: Dave, Tim, Flux, and Chunky in tournament ~Fino
Who ?

Top Bottom