• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fragbait

Smash Master
All my vids from Sunday are being uploaded right now. Click my sig to go to my channel.

I'd rather see you play him again. :laugh:

jkjk
I'd like to play him again too, actually. See if I've improved at all. Even though I know what the outcome would be, it's very fun to play him.

Soooo....is this a bad time to mention Fino has been banned from Chronicles?
WHA WHA WHAAAAT? This is news to me! Oh, that kinda sucks, looks like I'm not getting Olimar experience at NK3. :sigh: XD

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
So let me get this straight...we have NO tournaments coming up now except NK3 and that other one in Jan?

(oh and Domo's tournaments..)

Fino

Smash Master
naw fino my bracket would have been easy if I had you in it. You so wack if they gave you a bye in the 1st round the bye would advance. Quit talkn **** if you aint here to play. It gets annoying and old. And I like how you john about mk more than the ppl that actually gotta fight em. And didn't affinity beat your marth with ness?....... Nuff said.
*has only lost to mk the past few tournaments I've been to*
Excuse me domo? Maybe you should read up on me before you start saying stupid stuff. lol.

EDIT: I never said my marth was good either.
Didn't breezy beat your mk/marth with ganon? ....... Nuff said.
EDIT2: Dunno if you used marth or mk
Soooo....is this a bad time to mention Fino has been banned from Chronicles?
Didn't someone try to do this for NKV1? lol.
I guess Cameron was SO butt-hurt about his own despicable actions/temper that he went crying to the person running the tournament and said that I shouldn't be allowed to play because I provoked cameron to try and strangle / threaten to murder me (by saying "Go Zeton" a couple times and "way to get last cameron" once).
Tournaments I've provoked someone in any degree w/o cameron: 0 (out of roughly 20)
Tournaments I've provoked someone in any degree with cameron: 2 (out of roughly 22)
Provoking action of the other time: leaned on him accidentally while he was playing a teams match
Response: Flipping me off the couch onto the ground shouting "If you lean on me again I'm gunna ****ing murder you" - a joke that I hear from people who went to phase 2 many times.

Perhaps there is a different factor at hand... I can't quiet see it though. You guys can decide and talk to Russ for me. I know how the rules of trolling work, since I was reported first, he's not really going to believe me regardless of what I tell him since I've been painted as the "bad-guy".
If I Really am banned at nkv3.... oh well - thanks anyways

~Fino

Fino

Smash Master
Actually, he didn't say anything to him about you, Fino. Russ is the one who brought it up. I personally could care less, but it's his convention. :shrug:
I heard differently from steven... @.@ if you really don't want me to go though, it's w/e
BTW, Zeton... just watched the set between you and nynja... and damn. Seriously godamn. haha, someone thought it was brawl+

~Fino

fragbait

Smash Master

I heard differently from steven... @.@ if you really don't want me to go though, it's w/e
BTW, Zeton... just watched the set between you and nynja... and damn. Seriously godamn. haha, someone thought it was brawl+

~Fino
I don't have a problem with ya, but when I was there, it seemed like he brought it up first.

Fino

Smash Master
Why would someone who has never met me want me banned from a tournament. I feel there is some missing information here. Steven is already holding me back from doing stuff, so I want to find out the why and the who soon.

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Okay okay I figured I might as well read what he's posting so I can just set the record straight. Russ was standing right next to the Brawl setup at the Lan Party. He's very good friends with most of the people who ran that event and was running many events there too and yes he did see everything that happened there.

There was -zero- telling or prompting of him to ban anyone. Upon agreeing to host NK3, he told us not to allow Fino into the event to avoid any possibility of further problems.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX

~Fino
Woooow, lol that's too good XD I'm mad I SD'ed though >:(

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Why would someone who has never met me want me banned from a tournament. I feel there is some missing information here. Steven is already holding me back from doing stuff, so I want to find out the why and the who soon.

~Fino
Okay okay I figured I might as well read what he's posting so I can just set the record straight. Russ was standing right next to the Brawl setup at the Lan Party. He's very good friends with most of the people who ran that event and was running many events there too and yes he did see everything that happened there.

There was -zero- telling or prompting of him to ban anyone. Upon agreeing to host NK3, he told us not to allow Fino into the event to avoid any possibility of further problems.
Truce ?

Fino

Smash Master
So.... ban the person who was doing exactly the same thing as everyone else (I just happened to do it to the wrong person?) over the person who actually raged and caused a commotion? Still doesn't make sense to me.
*sends an e-mail to russ*

~Fino

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
fino you lost to cook. And that sux you can't come to the biggest tournament to hit the midwest since..... Ever lol your last memory is cook beating you... **** dude ****

Fino

Smash Master
fino you lost to cook. And that sux you can't come to the biggest tournament to hit the midwest since..... Ever lol your last memory is cook beating you... **** dude ****
Uhh...I beat cook in iowa... two stocked him both matches... you're stupidity/ignorance is growing with every post... so I'd stop because I keep wrecking your weak arguments ;)

~Fino

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Affinity, in our set theres one spot where u like fast foward the **** I gave you (lol jk) at 1:57

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Affinity, in our set theres one spot where u like fast foward the **** I gave you (lol jk) at 1:57
lol thats how it looks like to me when I'm playing you all the time.

I think that's just a sync fix that the software is doing to make up for the desync most of the recording software out there seems to cause.

Edit: Steven & Frag, I just realized it might be a good idea for us to also link the hotel contact information for anyone who wants to rent a room there.

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Omg watching more of the matches there are tons of places where it freezes or slows at epic places.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I think Pinnacle does that when you record something really long... like all the replays I had from Sunday at once... lol

I'll be sure to record them individually next time.

Edit: Steven & Frag, I just realized it might be a good idea for us to also link the hotel contact information for anyone who wants to rent a room there.
It should already be up there in the OP.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
It's amazing how many people are going to drop if I'm actually banned ^^;

~Fino
this would bother me but i doubt it'll actually keep people like hilt and MN from coming. it'll make housing slightly more difficult though.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think Pinnacle does that when you record something really long... like all the replays I had from Sunday at once... lol

I'll be sure to record them individually next time.

It should already be up there in the OP.
I must have missed it. I'm playing catch up with all the information here. BTW I think I can get us another projector from the Physics Department. They have one they don't use anymore and all they do with it is watch movies every Friday, it's quite likely they'll loan it to me for use at Chronicles.

fragbait

Smash Master

Uhh...I beat cook in iowa... two stocked him both matches... you're stupidity/ignorance is growing with every post... so I'd stop because I keep wrecking your weak arguments ;)

~Fino
Trying to argue with Domo is a bad idea, just saying from Experience bro.
Also, it's not cool that you are spreading the fact that you can't come around. It's not going to look good on you at all, and if we lose people over it, then you are messing with me too dude. Just putting that out there.

Fino

Smash Master
Trying to argue with Domo is a bad idea, just saying from Experience bro.
Also, it's not cool that you are spreading the fact that you can't come around. It's not going to look good on you at all, and if we lose people over it, then you are messing with me too dude. Just putting that out there.
"So fino, why didn't you go to no koast? You're only 3 hours away."

You think I want to hear that? lol... honestly, it may not look good on me... but kansas isn't going to look good in general if they ban someone from a tournament (especially given the circumstances).
I haven't openly posted it on the NKV3 thread, like I had initially done - only talked to some people I'm friends with (aka the people I'm housing).
If I can't go to no koast, I'll probably be doing something else... ie I won't be housing those people. I think they deserve to at least have a heads up to know they might have to find someone else to house.
Most just flat out said they wouldn't go because they think it's ridiculous.
So, not to be a **** or anything, but banning me might lose ~20-25 people at the tournament... and who knows which people won't come because those people aren't coming anymore =/

~Fino

fragbait

Smash Master

"So fino, why didn't you go to no koast? You're only 3 hours away."

You think I want to hear that? lol... honestly, it may not look good on me... but kansas isn't going to look good in general if they ban someone from a tournament (especially given the circumstances).
I haven't openly posted it on the NKV3 thread, like I had initially done - only talked to some people I'm friends with (aka the people I'm housing).
If I can't go to no koast, I'll probably be doing something else... ie I won't be housing those people. I think they deserve to at least have a heads up to know they might have to find someone else to house.
Most just flat out said they wouldn't go because they think it's ridiculous.
So, not to be a **** or anything, but banning me might lose ~20-25 people at the tournament... and who knows which people won't come because those people aren't coming anymore =/

~Fino
We had NO HAND in your ban. It was the CONVENTION'S OWNER that did so. Once you realize that, things will go alot easier.

Fino

Smash Master
We had NO HAND in your ban. It was the CONVENTION'S OWNER that did so. Once you realize that, things will go alot easier.
Right, I realize that... but all I'm saying is I got banned... "we" doesn't mean anything to other people, I have mentioned no names. A local being banned - for no good reason- from a tournament doesn't look good in general, and reflects on the people of the state because it shows that they didn't do anything to change it. This, among many other obvious reason, is why I'm asking for you people to talk to him. -_-''

~Fino

Fino

Smash Master
His decision was very final. I'm not about to argue with him on it. That's on you, contact him on Facebook or something, he runs the Chronicles FB page.
"So why wasn't Fino allowed to play at your tournament?"

"It wasn't my tournament, it was someone else"

"Did you talk to them about it?"

"No, I didn't feel like it so I told Fino to do it himself"

"That's pretty gay man, did Fino talk to him"

"Yeah, but he still told him he wasn't allowed to come"

"And you didn't try to help him"

"Nope"

^expect a lot of that then

Yay for kansas rep. Cool people, I really appreciate it.

~Fino

fragbait

Smash Master
There's nothing I can do about it. A TO has to answer to 1 higher authority, and that's the venue owner. Also, I didn't actually witness the events at Gamefest, so I can't say anything in your defense either. I have to remain neutral to this as a TO, and anyone who doesn't think I have can just look above. I gave you a means of speaking for yourself as well, so if you don't after this point, it's not on me, it's on you Fino.

Fino

Smash Master
So.... ban the person who was doing exactly the same thing as everyone else (I just happened to do it to the wrong person?) over the person who actually raged and caused a commotion? Still doesn't make sense to me.
*sends an e-mail to russ*

~Fino
There's nothing I can do about it. A TO has to answer to 1 higher authority, and that's the venue owner. Also, I didn't actually witness the events at Gamefest, so I can't say anything in your defense either. I have to remain neutral to this as a TO, and anyone who doesn't think I have can just look above. I gave you a means of speaking for yourself as well, so if you don't after this point, it's not on me, it's on you Fino.
Did so already several hours ago, but that would've required reading...
He probably won't reply until tomorrow... and that's if my e-mail didn't get put in junk mail and deleted.

Also, I'm not asking you to pull TO strings or anything... but as a person in general, sticking up and voicing an opinion to him to try and convince him. I wasn't just asking you, but everyone else as well.

~Fino

fragbait

Smash Master
That's not on me.
BTW, if people won't come because you don't house them, then we'll find them someone around here to house. It'll be closer to the venue too. So if that's all that's keeping them, there's plenty of time to find alternate housing.

And my opinion on the matter is invalid, I didn't witness the event.

Top Bottom