• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
lol call da house when you get off. I reallllllly need practice dood. Like really, it's ridiculous.
I'm ready to buckle down and practice myself. anytime and anyplace.

If someone wants to play, give me a buzz or leave a message, and I'll try to make it up to Wichita for a night or two.

fragbait

Smash Master
Man shut the **** up. I've been goin out of my way to be nice to you and not cause problems for everyone else's sake. Don't go out of your way to say unnecessary ****.

Also, you're not important enough to keep me from goin to WHOBO dood, you really aren't. On top of that, let it be known now that I will have no association with you during this tournament. So don't speak to me then bc I will act like you're ****in crazy. I can't let TX see me with some dirty fat nerd scrub kid.
I've noticed, and I appreciate at least the effort. I didn't honestly want to offend you, so I apologize. I figured that you would take it as the joking that it was. Again, apologies.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
We need volunteered cars for WHOBO guys. Chances are I won't be able to drive to this. That leaves known usable cars as: Zeton, Supergamer(?)

That's it. That's all we got. Now you may notice the problem here. We don't have people who drive in this state. So I'm suggesting instituting something right now. If we can't get cars for people, and you aren't as important as someone else, then you don't go. It's the only loical way I see of handling this. As far a sI can see, me Affinity, Domo and KY who are all planning on going to WHOBO can fit in with Zeton, but if we have any more than that interested we need at least Supergamer or somebody else to drive. If Danny is going to drive down I hope he will drive people from Wichita to Houston as well.

On top of this I'd like to get some confirmation on our schedule going so I can figue out when we need to leave and when we can be back so people can get work off if they need to.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
no person is more important than the other PERIOD! no matter how many tournaments you have won or watever. anybody can have a breakout tournament or anyone can learn something at a tournament that could take their game to the next level even when they lose. so ....... no. im goin back to bed. woke up to pee and i came back to this.... kinda amazing. and at karmas i would like to host a special kind of tournament idea. if u would like to participate im thinking one dollar entry to make my plan legit. and i suggest all of you fight for your lives in this one. there is a twist. so every game counts. literally.

fragbait

Smash Master
no person is more important than the other PERIOD! no matter how many tournaments you have won or watever. anybody can have a breakout tournament or anyone can learn something at a tournament that could take their game to the next level even when they lose. so ....... no. im goin back to bed. woke up to pee and i came back to this.... kinda amazing. and at karmas i would like to host a special kind of tournament idea. if u would like to participate im thinking one dollar entry to make my plan legit. and i suggest all of you fight for your lives in this one. there is a twist. so every game counts. literally.
Quoted for ****ING TRUTHFULLNESS. You are the man domo.

And I'm on on this tournament. What day? Friday would be best, because I can get a buck by friday, and I can be there. But I'm just one dude.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The peace and love and everyone is equal is all nice and well but it isnt going to magically make a car for you. I mean sure everyone would like to go but be ****ing realistic for a second. We have very few travel options. The most we could probably trasnsport right now is 10 and that is only if TWO people drive. We don't even have ONE confirmed driver yet.

EDIT- Nathan: I got some Diddy Kong hacks done. I'll bring them Wednesday and we can see then if they work. I think I got the Pallettes saved right so it should.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Tourney...man...Oh well, I'll just have Nate teach me how to **** better.
;)

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
....how crap...seriously...I remember when this crew didn't have any favorism ....PERIOD....I hope this kind of crap doesn't continue.

also...
I look forward to this small event on Wednesday now a bit as well. :3

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Look you guys can take my offhanded comment this seriously and keep crying like girls (for seemingly no other reason than to get on my nerves? Get over it. You act like I went around naming people who shouldn't go) or you can shut the hell up and try to figure out the travel arrangements to accomodate everyone who wants to go. And while I'm on the subject of everyone who wants to go, have any of you even bothered to note that it's $50 dollars to get into this event? This is the same group of people most of whom have told me you can't manage five dollars on any random weekend and you plan to pay for gas, food and an extra 50 bucks at the door to play brawl?

Let's assume you want to go to WHOBO and play in the two main events. The cost would look like this:

$50 Door entry.
$15 singles
$10 Doubles
$10 Dollars in food (assuming you only eat maybe two or three times and on the cheap)
1/5 of the gas cost of a 14 hour drive, to and from.

That's over 90 dollars in costs once you factor in gas. Let's not forget we have nowhere to stay yet. If we had to stay in a hotel, the cost goes up yet again.

So does everyone that wants to go got about a hundred bucks to blow just lying around? And are they willing to cram 5+ in a single car? Something's gotta ****ing give. Sorry to be the realist today but I'm in a pisspoor mood to be putting up with anything other than the truth.

List of people who have confirmed interest in actually going:

Zeton
Inferno
Domo
KY
Affinity
Tempest
Fragbait
Clel(?)
Supergamer(?)

I'm pretty sure the list doesn't end there, but off the top of my head I can't really remember who else said they can/want to go.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
yeah i dont like this "important people" thing. who decides who is more important than another person? important is a bad word to use, maybe you should of said first call first serve. i mean that seems reasonable. But putting people as "more important" is not cool.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Oh my ****ing god go ahead and crucify me, I made one poor word choice in my life. I for sure am an evil person. It's not like I bend over backwards for you *******s any other time or anything. Oh no.

BoJangles

Smash Journeyman
Right, I can't go to WHOBO because I'm playing for Easter church services. Sorry, guys!

But to clarify, if I could go, I would totally drive just because it's WHOBO. ;)

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Important? I'm mother-frakkin' VIP, niccas!

I would consider loaning you guys my van, but that bad boy has no insurance on it.

And although I would have put it differently, I appreciate Cam's dedication to keeping it real. I guess there's a whole month to figure it out though.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
I'll have to discuss it with my parents if I can even go let alone drive.

I might not be at Andy's tomorrow due to my throat being ***** by tonsilitis, but the doc did say I can go to school and all that on Wed.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Define these words without using the internet or dictionary.

defenestration -

hirsute -

caveat -

juxtapose -

misogynistic -

potulent -

megalomania -

lol good luck!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Define these words without using the internet or dictionary.

defenestration - it's like throwing someone out the window

hirsute - hairy

caveat - a warning for doing something

juxtapose - placed side by side

misogynistic - someone who hates women

potulent - tipsy

megalomania - delusional mental disorder

lol good luck!
I'm outta here.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
cameron u know wat kick rocks. and even if the top "important people" were goin u wouldnt be up there. so idk y u tryin to push the subject like that. O AND FOR ANYONE THAT DIDNT KNOW THE POWER RANKINGS ARE PRETTY MUCH INVALID! wow who would have guessed spots have changed already. and aint nobody cryin like a girl unless u was cryin like a girl when the whole fragbait thing was goin on... remember how u was whining? yea gtfo

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If you have Paypal account and want to save a lot of money, register here for your WHOBO badge + events.

http://houston-scene.com/tournamentregistration.htm

-I would suggest not pre-registering for 2v2; lets get all details figured out and enter the day of.

-I'm sure I don't have to say this, but ONLY ENTER IF YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE GOING!

-The deadline says March 21st, but I talked to Xyro and he says you can still pre-register with the huge discount. I don't know for how much longer though, so take this opportunity while you still can!

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Just finished the transaction. I paid less for the Badge + Brawl 1v1 then I would have to for the Badge itself at the door!

Another update: Xyro is currently looking for housing for us. I'll post any updates I get here.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJeFuuGYnY

I decided to take the other one down because it came out kinda lame IMO. I think this is way better.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Dramaaaaaaaa.

Yay $1 tournament! ... Man I need practice lol.

EDIT
O AND FOR ANYONE THAT DIDNT KNOW THE POWER RANKINGS ARE PRETTY MUCH INVALID! wow who would have guessed spots have changed already.
I know right? I shouldn't even be on there. I suck at this game lol

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
You sure do, Ky. jk Just crap 'em out 'n' roll.

BTW, THESE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO STILL OWE MR. DOOM MONEY.

Pantheon @ $4.00 from 9 February 2009 (Wendy's)
Fragbait @ $7.00 from 13 March 2009 (Dog 'n' Shake)
Karmacide @ 2.00 from 18 March 2009 (Pizza Hut)

PM me for payment information.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
look here minions, im the only thing that is important to you in this world. yes that includes you domo. kneel before me scrublings and worship your master!

Top Bottom