• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
The problem to that is sovled. A friend of mine hit me up instantly and told me she can still to this in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqaTJXeyQZ0&feature=youtu.be
*GASP* This is hilarious. This makes Peach's Turnip Pull speed nerf completely meaningless now!

@ Luminario Luminario was right. Peach for Top Tier.

Anyone know if turnips bounce off shields or get absorbed?
Unfortunately, they still disappear upon hitting a shield like Brawl. ;w;

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I would not get to excited just yet. While all these buffs are nice and once tech from brawl still in this game, it might not be so easy. There are still gonna be bad any annoying characters. Might get worst as time passes. There will be match ups where some might limit her options. That's something people need to look out for and get ready. She still might get shut down. Or not.

Only time will tell. But I for one and not gonna celebrate early. I wanna see how she does against all the characters in the game before I say she is a beast character. A lot of people thought like this when brawl came out. With Characters like Zelda cause she hits hard. But look how bad she was. Don't give your hopes up too high and set yourself up for disappointment like that. As of now people are playing and finding out crazy stuff with these characters. We have no idea how to deal with it all since we can't play. They are ahead of the game. Much people as of now are not gonna be interested in her. So we will be going in this blind.

I'm next to a state that plays hella foul in smash (NJ) and I am already hearing word of foul stuff trying to be cheap and break these characters. And I have to figure out a way to deal with it all. So this is not gonna be easy. Lucky for me, I get feeds nonstop from these guys on what to expect. The hard work comes in on how to deal with this with Peach this time around.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch : Of course! I completely get your point.

However, before analysing Peach's match-ups, we had to understand her moveset. It's been greatly improved from Brawl. This is where our excitement lies. It doesn't lie in her ability to become Brawl's Meta Knight thanks to her buffs yet.

Marth and Meta Knight, Peach's (former?) nemesis, suffered numerous nerfs. Ganondorf did not change much from Brawl. Mario's only significant improvement is his Down-Throw, which Peach also possess. It makes me hopeful that Peach will improve her standing in the Smash World.

Of course, rising stars like Shulk, with his ridiculous range, will be incredibly difficult to deal with. Only time will tell, like you said! However, I am confident SSB4 provided us with sufficient tools to make a great difference.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Has anyone checked whether aerial Peach Bomber is fast enough to hit someone that has been popped off the edge due to the new ledge mechanics? Same for throwing a Turnip at someone who's been popped off the ledge.

I'm really excited to explore Peach's ledge game when this game comes out...I can picture the Down Smash stage spikes and Floating shenanigans after popping someone off the ledge and going after them a they try to recover with a well timed Floating Fair.

Also I still can't get over how high both of her jumps and Parasol sends her this time around.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch : Of course! I completely get your point.

However, before analysing Peach's match-ups, we had to understand her moveset. It's been greatly improved from Brawl. This is where our excitement lies. It doesn't lie in her ability to become Brawl's Meta Knight thanks to her buffs yet.

Marth and Meta Knight, Peach's (former?) nemesis, suffered numerous nerfs. Ganondorf did not change much from Brawl. Mario's only significant improvement is his Down-Throw, which Peach also possess. It makes me hopeful that Peach will improve her standing in the Smash World.

Of course, rising stars like Shulk, with his ridiculous range, will be incredibly difficult to deal with. Only time will tell, like you said! However, I am confident SSB4 provided us with sufficient tools to make a great difference.
It might be easy to approach Shulk using turnips due to his terrible lag. I feel that everyone is well balanced in this game and I think that skills now win you the match (usually)
Also just saw them use Peach in the Treehouse stream and even though they didn't float attack that much her fair completely kills and she won. It got Link from under a platform at the end and won her the match.
They also mentioned a few customs a while ago. Apparently there's an umbrella one that makes you rise high but doesn't let you glide down slowly, a mega turnip one and a poison toad one that automatically makes toad spray purple spores (this one I actually saw in match)
Have we seen anyone float for the maximum amount of time and compared it to Brawl?

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
It might be easy to approach Shulk using turnips due to his terrible lag. I feel that everyone is well balanced in this game and I think that skills now win you the match (usually)
Also just saw them use Peach in the Treehouse stream and even though they didn't float attack that much her fair completely kills and she won. It got Link from under a platform at the end and won her the match.
They also mentioned a few customs a while ago. Apparently there's an umbrella one that makes you rise high but doesn't let you glide down slowly, a mega turnip one and a poison toad one that automatically makes toad spray purple spores (this one I actually saw in match)
Have we seen anyone float for the maximum amount of time and compared it to Brawl?
Thank you for your input regarding Shulk! I was not aware he was slow. In that case, we can definitively figure something out so the match-up will work in our favor!

Unfortunately, I was unable to view Peach being used in the stream... Could someone please link me to an uploaded video of the match?

Also, regarding Peach's Special moves...

- Parasol with extra height with reduced floatiness à la Melee? Sign me in immediately.
- Mega Turnips? I assume they take longer to pull out than normal ones. Being able to exploit these with Edge-Cancel is going to do wonders.
- Poison Toad? Is it the one causing hitsun? This could be an extremely useful addition to Peach's arsenal.

And her Forward-Smash, in addition to being a reliable kill move, is capable of reaching an opponent on a platform above her?

The future is looking bright, my friends!

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Thank you for your input regarding Shulk! I was not aware he was slow. In that case, we can definitively figure something out so the match-up will work in our favor!

Unfortunately, I was unable to view Peach being used in the stream... Could someone please link me to an uploaded video of the match?

Also, regarding Peach's Special moves...

- Parasol with extra height with reduced floatiness à la Melee? Sign me in immediately.
- Mega Turnips? I assume they take longer to pull out than normal ones. Being able to exploit these with Edge-Cancel is going to do wonders.
- Poison Toad? Is it the one causing hitsun? This could be an extremely useful addition to Peach's arsenal.

And her Forward-Smash, in addition to being a reliable kill move, is capable of reaching an opponent on a platform above her?

The future is looking bright, my friends!
The Treehouse stream is still going (theres just a free for all right now) but Peach has been shown every now and then
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPp_k_ykybY stream on Twitch kept buffering for me. They might show Peach again but I'm not sure.
it was the fair that got through, you know the crown whack. the hitbox on it is just lovely.
I think there's no parasol opening for the custom I mentioned. The guy did say something about Peach simply falling so I think it's just a long parasol uppercut. the poison toad didn't connect with anyone but it activated immediately instead of being a counter which is a gift from god.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Great that this is still in. I guess Kie didn't try it extensively enough.
Yea the person that made that vid is actually my friend. he found this out and quickly hit me up. A lot of people have been doing that since I been a competitive player for 8 years and stuck with my character. So a lot of people in this community respect me and my loyalty for it. So soon as something about Peach comes up, they instant message me and let me know. If Peach was not in these games, I not touch them for I don't have that much interest in them. Guess my title of Uncle Peach really bares its meaning.

Also can anyone link me to this live Nintendo direct thing?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Ok, so I was just able to play Smash 5 on my friend's 3DS for about half an hour! I spent most of my time in training mode. This is the stuff I found:

Fair: Sadly, the lag is really noticeable. The knockback is around the same, perhaps slightly stronger. Range is still amazing.
Nair: Pretty much the same as in Brawl. Fast as always, little landing lag. Knockback and range seem barely changed.
Bair: The hitbox on her butt feels the same, but the hitbox in front of her seems decreased. Dair > Bair is pretty hard now. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.
Uair: This move is great and definitely an improvement. The range is amazing and it's really fast. Landing lag is low as well. It doesn't kill well though.
Dair: Amazing as always. The range feels the same, maybe even improved, but that may also just be because the animation is different. Knockback feels around the same too and it's still really fast.

Jab: damage slighly decreased to five. Jab > Grab is much harder if not impossible (you'll just do jab 2 if you input grab). She also doesn't extend forward as much as she does in Brawl.
Dash Attack: Hard to say. It felt more like Melee's Dash Attack but with two hits.

Ftilt: Seems to do less damage and knockback but may be more useful in combos. I didn't use it a lot but it didn't seem that great of a move.
Dtilt: Knockback decreased and hitstun increased it seems. This move seemed way easier to combo of.
Utilt: Knockback greatly decreased. Other than that it felt the same, but I didn't use it much.

Fsmash: Knockback has been buffed noticeably on nearly all weapons. Racket doesn't seem to have a sweetspot anymore which is great since it has become reliable. Range may have improved too on both racket and pan. This move is definitely much better and may become one of her main kill moves. Oh and set order HALLELUYAH
Usmash: Its range has probably been improved but not by that much. Sourspot has increased knockback and damage it seems (it deals 12 now). Start-up and ending lag feel the same.
Dsmash: Each hit now deal 3-4% and usually it hits at least four times. Knockback has increased but it doesn't kill.

Toad: Knockback seems to have improved a bit. It doesn't really seem much better though... it still has considerable lag if you miss.
Peach Bomber: Very fast. Sadly, Turnip > Peach Bomber is not a combo though. Then again, Peach Bomber doesn't deal that much knockback anyway. No idea how it's on shield.
Turnip: At first plucking turnips didn't seem that laggy but the lag became more noticeable the more I played. It's not desastrous though, but we should be more cautious.
Parasol: Didn't test it a lot but the hits connect really well. Knockback is about the same as Brawl. Landing is still somewhat laggy.

Grab: Her grab range seems the same.
Fthrow: Looks unchanged from Brawl.
Bthrow: Knockback has improved and it's stronger than Fthrow, but it's far from a (good) kill move. It kills really late.
Dthrow: Perhaps her best throw. It looks like you can combo of it pretty well.
Uthrow: Looks unchanged from Brawl.

Second jump: Amazing. Her recovery is better than ever.
Air speed may have been buffed a bit but I'm not really sure.

She still seems pretty combo heavy and she feels pretty fast. Her killing power is still somewhat low, although I have been hearing that moves stale way less (which is definitely a big buff for Peach). All in all she looks like a very decent character and I am very interested how her metagame will evolve. It's probably going to involve a lot of rainbows.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
Ok, so I was just able to play Smash 5 on my friend's 3DS for about half an hour! I spent most of my time in training mode. This is the stuff I found:

Fair: Sadly, the lag is really noticeable. The knockback is around the same, perhaps slightly stronger. Range is still amazing.
Nair: Pretty much the same as in Brawl. Fast as always, little landing lag. Knockback and range seem barely changed.
Bair: The hitbox on her butt feels the same, but the hitbox in front of her seems decreased. Dair > Bair is pretty hard now. Other than that, it's pretty much the same.
Uair: This move is great and definitely an improvement. The range is amazing and it's really fast. Landing lag is low as well. It doesn't kill well though.
Dair: Amazing as always. The range feels the same, maybe even improved, but that may also just be because the animation is different. Knockback feels around the same too and it's still really fast.

Jab: damage slighly decreased to five. Jab > Grab is much harder if not impossible (you'll just do jab 2 if you input grab). She also doesn't extend forward as much as she does in Brawl.
Dash Attack: Hard to say. It felt more like Melee's Dash Attack but with two hits.

Ftilt: Seems to do less damage and knockback but may be more useful in combos. I didn't use it a lot but it didn't seem that great of a move.
Dtilt: Knockback decreased and hitstun increased it seems. This move seemed way easier to combo of.
Utilt: Knockback greatly decreased. Other than that it felt the same, but I didn't use it much.

Fsmash: Knockback has been buffed noticeably on nearly all weapons. Racket doesn't seem to have a sweetspot anymore which is great since it has become reliable. Range may have improved too on both racket and pan. This move is definitely much better and may become one of her main kill moves. Oh and set order HALLELUYAH
Usmash: Its range has probably been improved but not by that much. Sourspot has increased knockback and damage it seems (it deals 12 now). Start-up and ending lag feel the same.
Dsmash: Each hit now deal 3-4% and usually it hits at least four times. Knockback has increased but it doesn't kill.

Toad: Knockback seems to have improved a bit. It doesn't really seem much better though... it still has considerable lag if you miss.
Peach Bomber: Very fast. Sadly, Turnip > Peach Bomber is not a combo though. Then again, Peach Bomber doesn't deal that much knockback anyway. No idea how it's on shield.
Turnip: At first plucking turnips didn't seem that laggy but the lag became more noticeable the more I played. It's not desastrous though, but we should be more cautious.
Parasol: Didn't test it a lot but the hits connect really well. Knockback is about the same as Brawl. Landing is still somewhat laggy.

Bthrow: Knockback has improved and it's stronger than Fthrow, but it's far from a (good) kill move. It kills really late.

She still seems pretty combo heavy and she feels pretty fast. Her killing power is still somewhat low, although I have been hearing that moves stale way less (which is definitely a big buff for Peach). All in all she looks like a very decent character and I am very interested how her metagame will evolve. It's probably going to involve a lot of rainbows.
Wonderful. Thanks for the analysis. How was her float when compared to Brawl?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Wonderful. Thanks for the analysis. How was her float when compared to Brawl?
No problem. It may have been slightly faster but I'm not sure honestly. It may also just be the difference between screen sizes and I also can't compare her air speed to other characters since I haven't played them. It felt quite similar in any case.

Luminario

Smash Lord
No problem. It may have been slightly faster but I'm not sure honestly. It may also just be the difference between screen sizes and I also can't compare her air speed to other characters since I haven't played them. It felt quite similar in any case.
Good. Floating is one of my main ways of attacking with Peach so it's good to see it's unchanged.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So ranged pressure with fair and starting mix ups with it is gone. There has to be some way I can use that move for pressure. Were you about to check how quickly you can move after you nair/dair ones shield?

For Jab to grab, there might be a way around that. if you can still jab cancel in this game, then that could help.

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708

Thanks for the info. Great to hear her side smash finally have some decent knockback.

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
peach's custom moves are crazy turnips always do 20

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ SmashingObjection SmashingObjection : Thank you for the share! I'm sure those who missed it will be pleased! ^^

@ Luminario Luminario : I got the chance to see Peach on Nintendo's stream. She's freakin' excellent! Those custom special moves look amazing as well! @ M Meru. made her sound far too average. XD

...Psst, don't take it the wrong way Yaaay, I still greatly appreciate your analysis of Her Majesty. <3

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not 100% sure on this but I managed to get my hands on the English version of the demo. I picked up a Mr. Saturn in game and it seems his shield pressure may have been improved? Broke the CPUs practically-full shield so that may be an indirect buff for Peach? :o

Found something: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bsodpi694o

If Peach Bomber seems to be like Melee's where if you hit something with it, you can stay in the air indefinitely while gaining some altitude. At 9:40 of that above video.

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Hello everyone. Well I think some of you may know this. But it seems you can cancel Peach Fair landing lag like you were used to in Brawl. I was watching it in a stream. He did it and when he landed he had no landing lag in which he followed up with a jab.

Now. I could be wrong about that. But I think we will be able to do it which would improve our game and our spacing a lot!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If that is true, then that means there is a timing where you have to land. In brawl, if you faired at a certain time, you would lag. Seems the same rule might apply here.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
If that is true, then that means there is a timing where you have to land. In brawl, if you faired at a certain time, you would lag. Seems the same rule might apply here.
Yes, I believe it would require a timing to do it. I know I am not crazy when I saw it to the point I was surprised. Of course, we would have to wait until we get our hands in the game.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ PKIvysaur PKIvysaur : http://www.twitch.tv/nintendo/b/567987000 at 23:55 for explanations and demonstrations of Peach's first wave of custom special moves.

Custom Normal Special 1 : Grumpy Toad

∫ Grumpy Toad, unlike Toad, does NOT act like a counter. Instead, he releases toxins . The effect of these toxins against opponents is not displayed in the video.

Custom Side Special 1 : Rising Peach Bomber

∫ Rising Peach Bomber's trajectory goes upward in addition of going forward.

Custom Up Special 1 : Super Parasol Jump

∫ Super Parasol Jump *greatly* increases Peach's vertical recovery. However, the Parasol does not open after the move is used.
*takes a deep breath* You can grab the ledge when facing the opposite direction! You cannot do this with normal Parasol!

Custom Down Special 1 : Heavy Broken Vegetable

∫ Heavy Vegetables have very different properties compared to the normal ones :
- It takes nearly twice as long to uproot them from the ground.
- Their falling speed in much faster. Furthermore, they will barely bounce at all when hitting opponents.
- Peach throws them similarly to normal vegetables. They travel at the same speed, but not as far.
- (Best part) Their power and knockback are 10x greater. A normal-eyed "heavy" vegetable can be compared to Brawl's dot-eyed vegetable. It does 20% damage and has very high knockback. Imagine an "heavy" stitchface vegetable...

If the ledge-cancel technique can be pulled off with these vegetables, they could potentially be broken! Peach cannot throw them as far as normal vegetables, hindering her spacing game. However, their massive damage and knockback can *easily* compensate this.

Last edited:

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Custom Up Special 1 : Super Parasol Jump

∫ Super Parasol Jump *greatly* increases Peach's vertical recovery. However, the Parasol does not open after the move is used.
*takes a deep breath* You can grab the ledge when facing the opposite direction! You cannot do this with normal Parasol
If it's anything like Brawl, the only reason you can't grab the ledge with Parasol facing the opposite direction is because the open Parasol action specifically prevents that. If you close it manually, you can reverse grab. And since this custom special never goes into the open action, it just reverse grabs automatically.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
If it's anything like Brawl, the only reason you can't grab the ledge with Parasol facing the opposite direction is because the open Parasol action specifically prevents that. If you close it manually, you can reverse grab. And since this custom special never goes into the open action, it just reverse grabs automatically.
Thank you very much for your input! I was not aware of this. However, I find Super Parasol Jump much more convenient than Peach's regular Up-B because there are no "action" in it which can prevent a reverse ledge grab.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Yes it kinda does. For example, when I did Fair, floated back for a short while and then canceled, I had pretty much no lag at all. In Brawl, Fair would hit at frame 15 and last till frame 20 and you could cancel it without any lag from frame 21 and onwards. If you would cancel it from 0-21, you would lag. In Smash 4, you lag from like frame 0-30 or something. Of course I'm not sure about the exact number, but my point is that if you want to cancel it laglessly you will have to go through some lag for a period first. Floating back is a pretty effective way to still stay safe while lagging a bit.

Speaking about lag, I forgot to mention Dsmash is pretty awful on shield. It doesn't poke shields as much as in Brawl. Use with caution.

@ SmashingObjection SmashingObjection : Thank you for the share! I'm sure those who missed it will be pleased! ^^

@ Luminario Luminario : I got the chance to see Peach on Nintendo's stream. She's freakin' excellent! Those custom special moves look amazing as well! @ M Meru. made her sound far too average. XD

...Psst, don't take it the wrong way Yaaay, I still greatly appreciate your analysis of Her Majesty. <3
Not at all! I must admit I may have sounded somewhat negative but that's because I have played for not even half an hour and during my time messing around with Peach, I discovered more things that we couldn't do due to changes/nerfs than the things we could do. I was also a bit disappointed her knockback hadn't really increased much, so at first I actually thought she was mainly nerfed. However, I quickly changed my mind after playing a bit more, she has a lot potential with her new moves. She still looks very fast and her combo's and pressure still look solid, so she still seems a very decent character to me. Sadly I didn't get the time to discover any tricks with her myself but I'm very excited to if other players have!

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
I'm liking Peach in this rendition, especially her customs and the return of Dsmash with Knockback. Haven't heard anything about her D-Air and B-Air though.

Can anyone confirm if Peach's F-Throw can kill like it did in melee?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
the return of Dsmash with Knockback.
I wouldn't call it a 'return' though, her Dsmash feels completely new. The knockback is not nearly as strong as in Melee, I don't think you can even kill with it. It's pretty good regardless and waaaaay better than Brawl.

Can anyone confirm if Peach's F-Throw can kill like it did in melee?
Sadly, it doesn't kill well. If anything it feels closer to Brawl, although the knockback may be slightly improved. Bthrow is stronger than her Fthrow now, but Bthrow doesn't kill well either. Her strongest kill moves are her Fair, Fsmash and Usmash, the former two dealing a bit more knockback now and the latter being a little bit easier to hit with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom