• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

zachmundell

Smash Cadet
Omg! Peach looks WAY better than in Brawl! I'm so excited! I don't even think the turnip lag is that bad.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Peach Gameplay!♥
Can't believe seeing peach's down smash send greninja and villager flying made me so unexpectedly happy. XD
Turnips didn't look too bad.
New U air is much faster than expected.
Double jump is better.
Side B is definitely faster.

I'm really liking what I'm seeing!

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
That turnip pull was like 8 months long.

Iunno, maybe I just over worried because all I do is pull turnips.

I'm exactly the same - I don't have Brawl to hand so maybe I need to double check Turnip Pull in Brawl. It is definitely slower.

Perhaps it's because I was expecting it to be a lot worse. Like, Peach pulling Turnips in Super Mario Bros. 2 speed - THAT would have been slow.

Edit: Does Jab 2 have more ending lag?

Last edited:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yassss, that video gave me all the life.
So, so happy to see her Dsmash got buffed. Those peaches from her FS were massive, lol. Looks like opponents can still eat them though unfortunately. I wonder if it's been noted if it does the 40,30,20,10% damage relative to distance like it did in Brawl?

And I'm with everyone else on the Turnips. I thought it was gonna be waaaay slower. Yeah, it's slower but it doesn't seem like anything that's extremely hindering. At the same time it might be different when we're actually playing. I'm with Rick, I thought they were going to be SMB2 speed.

Still shocked that I was wrong about that move being her Uair. Happy to see it comes out fast. Would've liked to see it being used since everyone said it's OP.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Ah, some Peach gameplay. She doesn't actually look bad at all. Her Turnip pull isn't as slow as I thought, either. I don't understand the dress physics at all though... he got really lazy this time.

Carrill

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3325-2718-4699
I wish the player knew what they were doing with Peach...

Luminario

Smash Lord
Peach Gameplay!♥
Hey this is the gameplay that I was talking about. The turnip speed nerf was really exaggerated I though it would take much longer the way it was explained. This I can work with easily since I don't use them that much (I prefer to float over a give them a barrage of kicks to the face)
This person tried twice to take down these 2 level 9 CPUs after they took out Jiggly both times and she didn't utilise her aerials that well or her float at all. We can all use this Peach to her full potential so I'm confident most of us would prevail in this sort of fight.
Also I'm pretty sure the peaches were made to be bigger with less appearing so the 3DS didn't have to render so many items (imagine having items on high with lots of boxes being opened THEN using Peach Blossom).
EDIT: at least this video gave me a good blurry screen KO of Peach to use as my avatar for like a day or two
Also near the end of the stream when the girl was trying to unlock ROB by quickly going through 1 stock matches by SDing I saw that Peach has a new victory screen. It's like the waving one but as Peach turns hearts appear around her and she puts her hand to her chest instead of waving it.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Hey this is the gameplay that I was talking about. The turnip speed nerf was really exaggerated I though it would take much longer the way it was explained. This I can work with easily since I don't use them that much (I prefer to float over a give them a barrage of kicks to the face)
This person tried twice to take down these 2 level 9 CPUs after they took out Jiggly both times and she didn't utilise her aerials that well or her float at all. We can all use this Peach to her full potential so I'm confident most of us would prevail in this sort of fight.
Also I'm pretty sure the peaches were made to be bigger with less appearing so the 3DS didn't have to render so many items (imagine having items on high with lots of boxes being opened THEN using Peach Blossom).
EDIT: at least this video gave me a good blurry screen KO of Peach to use as my avatar for like a day or two
Also near the end of the stream when the girl was trying to unlock ROB by quickly going through 1 stock matches by SDing I saw that Peach has a new victory screen. It's like the waving one but as Peach turns hearts appear around her and she puts her hand to her chest instead of waving it.
Really , a new victory Pose?? Sweet! (puns and references intended lol :4peach:)
Well , since she pretty much has her brawl voice clips , i bet she uses the same quotes too

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363
How were all of you able to post? :'c I wouldn't let me on Smash boards for the past couple days. Anyway Peach is looking really awesome!:4peach:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Ah, some Peach gameplay. She doesn't actually look bad at all. Her Turnip pull isn't as slow as I thought, either. I don't understand the dress physics at all though... he got really lazy this time.
Her dress physics = an eyesore.
Zelda looks incredible though, maybe it's because peach moves around a lot.
I wish the player knew what they were doing with Peach...
Aw they weren't that bad
Peach looks great!! Rejoice fellow Peach Mains!!
such a handsome jigglypuff
How were all of you able to post? :'c I wouldn't let me on Smash boards for the past couple days. Anyway Peach is looking really awesome!:4peach:
correct :4peach: She's looking absolutely amazing
Aside from the recycled brawl voice, and those dress physics

Last edited:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Her dress physics = an eyesore.
Zelda looks incredible though, maybe it's because peach moves around a lot.

Aw they weren't that bad
No, they were pretty awful. Let's hope that Peach can actually survive against 2 CPU players, if she can't even in the hands of a not so bad player then that's not good. ^^;

Also yeah the dress physics are awful... Zelda's isn't any better though... it's especially bad when she's doing bair/fair...

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Turnip pull isn't that bad. If you can edge cancel them it wont even be an issue. Hopefully you can.

OMG, her up air is gonna do WONDERS for her. Lots of characters just try to camp her in the air. This won't let them because the huge range and insane speed on it. Also, looks like Melee downsmash is psuedo back.

Other than these 3 changes looks like Brawl Peach.

WAs anyone able to tell if her air dodge got a buff? I saw her air dodge once or twice, but don't remember how bad it was in Brawl since I haven't played touched Brawl in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

LightningVance

Smash Apprentice
Dress physics will probably be fixed in Wii U version.. but ya. the dress doesn't even sit on the ground when she's standing still. what.

D

Deleted member

Turnip pull isn't that bad. If you can edge cancel them it wont even be an issue. Hopefully you can.

OMG, her up air is gonna do WONDERS for her. Lots of characters just try to camp her in the air. This won't let them because the huge range and insane speed on it. Also, looks like Melee downsmash is psuedo back.

WAs anyone able to tell if her air dodge got a buff? I saw her air dodge once or twice, but don't remember how bad it was in Brawl since I haven't played touched Brawl in 2-3 years.
You forgot her Peach Bomber buff D:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
HOLY **** LOOK AT 2:28. DAT UPSMASH

DAT UPSMASH

DAT UPSMASH

COMES OUT FAST AND KILLS FROM THE SIDE OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMFG

XDandan- you're right, I forgot that one!

more on the turnip: To me it looks like she is lagging but it appears even though she still "looks" like she's lagging you can start inputting actions earlier than you think, that's why it looks like it takes awhile.....

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Still somewhat cautious about her upsmash since greninja was right beside her. Would be great if it could do that sort of knockback all the time.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I might be able to provide info on Peach for you guys 2morrow. A friend of mine said he might have a way to get the game 2morrow instead of Saturday. If this is true, I'll see if I can check her out and I'll give you guys info on her from a competitive view.

D

Deleted member

(Side note) Does anyone else besides me find Jigglypuff's new eyes a bit....strange? They're smaller and they move o-o Its so unlike Jiggly o-o i still like her new eyes though! Now she doesn't look SO terrifying.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
(Side note) Does anyone else besides me find Jigglypuff's new eyes a bit....strange? They're smaller and they move o-o Its so unlike Jiggly o-o i still like her new eyes though! Now she doesn't look SO terrifying.
That and her smile reminds me of her official pokemon artwork. Looks great.

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
This is not "Brawl Peach" at all. Peach's new SSB4 tools, including her faster movements, her increased double-jump, her buffed Down-Smash, her slower Turnip Pull and her new Up-Air will fundamentally the way she is played from Brawl.

Plus, we still lack informations regarding her other aerials, her custom special moves and her throws. We also need to analyse Peach's Up-Air in depth.

Last edited:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
This is not "Brawl Peach" at all. Peach's new SSB4 tools, including her faster movements, her increased double-jump, her buffed Down-Smash, her slower Turnip Pull and her new Up-Air will fundamentally the way she is played from Brawl.

Plus, we still lack informations regarding her other aerials, her custom special moves and her throws. We also need to analyse Peach's Up-Air in depth.
Well I know its not her. I only meant to say the style of the rest of the moves appear to mimic how those moves work in Brawl. Thats why I said "looks" like. I didnt intend to say her playstyle will be lile Brawl Peach. I agree shes a new character and quite revamped.

Still somewhat cautious about her upsmash since greninja was right beside her. Would be great if it could do that sort of knockback all the time.
You have to admit it came out fast and lacks the slow ducking animation that makes her upsmash so slow.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
I'm guessing that dress physics are pretty hard to implement on the 3DS. Things like hair physics isn't that hard since hair in Smash moves like it's one piece but dress physics have multiple pieces that interact with each other which is much harder for a console like the 3DS to render it (if that makes sense). The Wii U version will have the flowy dress we all love since it's a LOT more powerful.
You have to admit it came out fast and lacks the slow ducking animation that makes her upsmash so slow.
It still has the ducking animation part it's just that the part after that where she rises to twirl is much quicker.
Really , a new victory Pose?? Sweet! (puns and references intended lol :4peach:)
Well , since she pretty much has her brawl voice clips , i bet she uses the same quotes too
I think it was "this is fun~" and it was reused from Brawl. The reused voice thing isn't really an issue for me because I love Peach's Brawl voice and to be honest it didn't need changing.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
What I really wanna know is how we can possibly start combos woth the peach bomber now that you can "quickly start your next move" with it after making contact. Im thinking:

Peach bomber + float + dair+ rest of aerial combo and possibly ending with a dash attack or up air?

Maybe you can chain bombers?

Im so glad I can know what aport items shes going to use now also her down smash looks almost as sexy as her peach bomber

When I say sexy I mean epic and amazing

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
What I really wanna know is how we can possibly start combos woth the peach bomber now that you can "quickly start your next move" with it. Im thinking:
We still have not seen video footage of Peach Bomber landing a hit. So we can't say much about follow-ups yet involving this move.

What I'm most interested about are follow-ups involving grabs. If Peach's Down-Throw could get a similar threatment to Mario's, it would be a blessing.

Well I know its not her. I only meant to say the style of the rest of the moves appear to mimic how those moves work in Brawl. Thats why I said "looks" like. I didnt intend to say her playstyle will be lile Brawl Peach. I agree shes a new character and quite revamped.
Oh, I see! I apologize for misunderstanding your comment. It is true Peach's SSB4 moveset *looks* similar to Brawl's... But so does Peach's Brawl moveset with Melee's. XD And we all know there are so many differences behind her moves between these two games. What matters is Inner Beauty.

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ im just peachy im just peachy : I know the feeling! Peach had the best (Down) Smash in Melee by far. In Brawl, it got nerfed so drastically we all cried. What we're seeing now is the first glimpse of Peach's former glory coming back!

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
@ im just peachy im just peachy : I know the feeling! Peach had the best (Down) Smash in Melee by far. In Brawl, it got nerfed so drastically we all cried. What we're seeing now is the first glimpse of Peach's former glory coming back!
Heh go figure her down smash even has melee's number of hits(5) instead of brawl's 4 too.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
UPDATE
i'll be adding some gifs to the main post, i'll add them here
for you guys first though so you can keep them if you like,
or relive the best parts of the footage !

made a gif of her new turnip pull, we can definitely make this work in our favor guys !

gif of her beautiful new down smash,

my reaction when i saw her down smash in the video for the first time:

and her final smash, lmao.

and i'll add more in this spoiler tag if you're interested:
crown smash:

"the crippling" landing lag of crown smash

down air:

her up air rainbow:

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
gif of her beautiful new down smash,

my reaction when i saw her down smash in the video for the first time:

crown smash:
Nice, but what were Villager's and Greninja's % before the hits? (And after them for that matter. Do moves become stale in this game as well?)

Top Bottom