• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
While this discussion about tier list is very good. We should be talking only about Peach guys. We're going off topic here haha.

With that said. I am very happy with the changes Peach has received, she looks like she will be technical again, but that only mean I will have to work harder and that work will pay off when we show everyone her highness potential.

Can't wait to go to training mode and try everything I want to try haha.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
it's what i expected, peaches play-style is quirky and currently she's not as great at building up damage or koing as some of the early favorites

snaptrap

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0989-1743-4601
Peach looks great this time around. The nerfs to a lot of the top tiers in Brawl means she might finally stand a chance at being at the top again. We'll have to work really hard though, she's not an easy character to play at all. I can't wait to get my hands on SSB3DS and try her out for myself, but so far the gameplay I've seen has been very promising. Also, does the Heavy Vegetable also edge cancel?

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Regarding online play, Is there any INPUT lag online though? There's no way you can tell that from watching videos.. i'm not referring to the game slowing down or freezing type of lag, i mean when you press a button and it doesn't happen until a few frames later.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Peach looks great this time around. The nerfs to a lot of the top tiers in Brawl means she might finally stand a chance at being at the top again. We'll have to work really hard though, she's not an easy character to play at all. I can't wait to get my hands on SSB3DS and try her out for myself, but so far the gameplay I've seen has been very promising. Also, does the Heavy Vegetable also edge cancel?
Yea, I does

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm24533567

Peach vs Yoshi. The Peach looked pretty solid but he had some trouble handling this match-up it seems so it's not Peach's best video. Yoshi is looking tricky to fight against too.

I'd like to see a Peach Video Compilation Thread up soon. I'd do it myself, but I rather not be responsible of keeping it updated, especially to what happened to the Peach Tourney Results thread in Brawl.
I'll create one when this website stops generating the infamous Error 502.

Last edited:

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
I'll create one when this website stops generating the infamous Error 502.
This would be much appreciated. Good peach videos seem to be few and far between, at least I'm having trouble finding many.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ M Meru. : Thank you for this vid! The more Peach footages, the better!

Regarding the match-up, I wonder if Yoshi's eggs can be destroyed with Peach's up aerial. That'd be so cool!

Also, Yoshi is heavier than average, so it's best to avoid up smashes and focus on killing him horizontally.

Furthermore, it looks like Yoshi can outcamp Peach. So we'll need to be agressive!

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
@ Rickerdy-doo-da-day Rickerdy-doo-da-day : Yes! http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/

Use this website and enter the video's ID (sm24509302 or sm24533567).
Brilliant! Thank you very much indeed - definitely going remember this link :D Time to watch the vids :)

Edit: The vs Yoshi video reminds me that I am going to really, really miss having Glide Tossing in this game :( and autocancelled Fairs :(

It's difficult to tell not having played Peach yet but that Peach should have really been more aggressive - there were more than a fair share of moments where they were just standing around trying to shield eggs and generally getting outcamped. Perfect shielding is still in the game and besides, the shield stun this time around is super low - it would have been much more worthwhile for the Peach player to shield the eggs and then run in rather than getting camped a lot. An OoS Peach Bomber might have even caught the end lag of Yoshi's Egg Throw. Maybe OoS F Tilt would have caught attacks on shield as well?

Also wowzers Yoshi's Up Smash looks pretty scary this time around

...come on 3rd October :/

Last edited:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That Yoshi match was kinda painful to watch because it does a good job at highlighting how Peach's Turnip nerf makes her way more susceptible to camping. And also how much I'll miss the auto canceled Fair approach. Definitely will take time to get used to.

^^^^ Peach Bomber looks so fast and great now it makes me happy.

Last edited:

BoAA

Smash Rookie
NNID
stevengomoo
3DS FC
4682-8769-2945
How does everyone stumble upon these videos? If I never knew about Smashboards I wouldn't even know where to look for the Peach videos lol

I hope someone stumbles upon a Peach vs Duck Hunt video. I wonder how Peach will do against all those projectiles

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Type something like "Smash 4 Peach" on YouTube and change the search results to the past day/week.

On Nicovideo, I had to Google the Japanese text since I don't know a lick of the language.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ PKIvysaur PKIvysaur : Thank you! I'll never get tired of seeing that new Peach Bomber. <3

@ BlueGardevoir BlueGardevoir : Great video! Thank you very much for the share!

The Yoshi and Peach players had very different styles from the video shared by @ M Meru. . The Yoshi player was far less campy and the Peach player, much more agressive.

Because of Yoshi's weight, it's best to use forward smashes instead of up smashes in this match-up. He also looks very easy to combo with Peach's down throw!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
As with Melee and Brawl... my favourite Fsmash would be the tennis racket. Its horizontal knockback is insane... my plan is to use fsmash during "off time" to make sure I get the racket as much as possible.

Obviously the golf club and pan have their uses... perhaps the pan will be better to KO lighter characters?

Also:
/v/ (Video game board on 4chan) Tier List: http://i.4cdn.org/v/1411441446356.png

inb4tierlistwhining

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Alacion Alacion : Haha, you and your tier lists. XD Alright, I will give my opinion on it instead of complaining!

Honestly, I still do not understand why Bowser is considered a top tier. Have you seen this video?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G50eMJm9wxs

Bowser gets *solidly* camped by the likes of Duck Hunt, Villager and Pac-Man. He's unable to be a top tier. Remember when Dedede was considered a top tier in Brawl? He fell a very long way down since then...

Instead, Peach's ability to float will be incredibly useful against these ground-based campers. This is why I believe she's far too low in this tier list. I am absolutely positive she has advantageous match-ups against most of the SSB4 cast.

For the time being, Greninja has impressed me a lot and I believe he's the one worthy of being at the top of the tier list for now.

There's so much to explore in this game. I can't wait for October 3. <3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ ZeroBlindDragon ZeroBlindDragon It was at San Diego Comic Con when people discovered how deadly Bowser is. In the end, everybody started using Bowser and I believe GF was a Bowser ditto. He probably has a weakness for camping but he is faster and stronger than ever. Great recovery and lives a long time.

Peach "sucks" right now because there aren't very many veteran Peach players that have the game and the fundamental Peach "techskill" needed to play her effectively. Peach is also very awkward so people tend to avoid her, at least from what I've seen on some streams.

Last edited:

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
:( tech skill was something I was never good at
without (easily) autocancelling airiels and the turnip game, it's probably time for me to move on

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
< Picks up flower
< Begins picking petals off
< 3DS XL now or
< Wait till new 3DS
< 3DS XL now or
< Wait till new 3DS

Dangit; I don't know! >< I need help!

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
@ ZeroBlindDragon ZeroBlindDragon
Peach "sucks" right now because there aren't very many veteran Peach players that have the game and the fundamental Peach "techskill" needed to play her effectively. Peach is also very awkward so people tend to avoid her, at least from what I've seen on some streams.
This.

That tier list looks more like a 'which characters have been played the most in the short time this game has been out' list - I highly doubt that Peach is in the same league as Mega Man. Or maybe she will turn out to be rubbish - who knows. The game isn't even out yet for most of the world :/

I anticipate that lots of people will try and play Smash 4 Peach in an identical manner to that of Brawl Peach (similar to how people tried to play Brawl Peach in similar manner to that of Melee Peach at the beginning of Brawl's life) and it's very obvious (from the new landing lag from Fair and slower Turnip Pull/lack of Glide Tossing) that she can't be played in this style.

As a result, people will think she's terrible from the get-go. This is probably going to be exacerbated by the brand new control scheme as Peach is a very fiddly character to use anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Peach usage is higher on the Wii U version than the 3DS version.

At the moment, it doesn't look like she'll be on the same level as characters like ZSS and Duck Hunt but (hopefully) she'll turn out to be a decent character once people start being more aggressive offstage and explore moves that have been notably improved in Smash 4 but were useless (Peach Bomber) or moves that were somewhat lacking (F Smash) in Brawl

< Picks up flower
< Begins picking petals off
< 3DS XL now or
< Wait till new 3DS
< 3DS XL now or
< Wait till new 3DS

Dangit; I don't know! >< I need help!

I caved and got a 3DS XL the other day - I'm soon starting a job as a research student and am anticipating travelling before the new 3DS XL launches since I'm earning and have family/friends nearby i.e. I need something to do during the jouney i.e. Smash on the go.

Currently playing the demo and am very glad I didn't wait until 2015 (likely release date for the UK - the game looks and feels so much better than videos show. The controls take a lot of getting used but it's soooo much fun. I'm a bit miffed that there's no C Stick on this one but I'm getting used to it.

It really depends on whether to want to wait or fork out and get a 3DS now. Price is also a factor - I imagine the new one will be more expensive (but then you could save up...). Also, C Stick or no C Stick?

Ooooh the choices...

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
This.

I anticipate that lots of people will try and play Smash 4 Peach in an identical manner to that of Brawl Peach (similar to how people tried to play Brawl Peach in similar manner to that of Melee Peach at the beginning of Brawl's life) and it's very obvious (from the new landing lag from Fair and slower Turnip Pull/lack of Glide Tossing) that she can't be played in this style.

As a result, people will think she's terrible from the get-go. This is probably going to be exacerbated by the brand new control scheme as Peach is a very fiddly character to use anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if Peach usage is higher on the Wii U version than the 3DS version.
One could say the same for Fox. Or Falco. Or Mr. Game & Watch.

Nerf a move that saw extensive use in a previous iteration (Fox's Reflector, Falco's Dair which is slower but stronger),
and suddenly the character is awful.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
The funniest thing about that tier list is the fact the triforce tier is back again.

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
One could say the same for Fox. Or Falco. Or Mr. Game & Watch.

Nerf a move that saw extensive use in a previous iteration (Fox's Reflector, Falco's Dair which is slower but stronger),
and suddenly the character is awful.
Good point - I'm hoping that the ability to Float will mean that Fair's landing lag won't be too much of a problem and that the overall buffs to her speed will compensate for the loss of Glide Tossing and slower Turnip pulls. We'll have to wait and see.

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
I'm starting to notice these tiers are more based on popularity than gameplay effectiveness...

So rosalina is supposed to be good, but I dont agree with the placement of dr mario peach game and watch ness mega man or toon link.

They need to switch spots with sonic pacman ddd mario wario and charizard

Last edited:
Top Bottom