• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS's Best Stages to Worst (Every Stage Described)

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Okay, I'll give my opinion on some stages that I usually pick as ZSS/are good for her, from what I've played.

First stage is probably Battlefield, and everyone seems to agree on that ;) Plateforms, yay.

Next to that would actually be Yoshi Island. Not as good as battlefield, but I find it quite decent. The plateform is just low enough, but sometime it'S inclined which hamper a bit her Side-B, but anyway. Small stage, and I've also found the side plateform to be of some uses.

I also like Lylat Cruise. Even with the uneven ground, I all those low platforms make up for it. It's also pretty small.

Pokemon Stadium 1 is great, especially the earth transformation. Not found of the windmill one, but heh, who is. Forest is also pretty good.

Last one would be Castle siege. It'S a personal preference, so I'm maybe biaised. But the first two trasnformations are pretty good for ZSS, imo. Third one, FD style, I kindda dislike a bit, but it's not that bad. Statues in the second transformation are good vs spammers and don't really put her at any disadvantage, and all those plateforms are so **** good for aerials and Up-B/Smash.

Okay, let'S move on stage that I don't like as much. They are ok for some points, but they have flaws.

First would be Delfino Plaza. Plateforms are nice and all, but some of the transformations are jsut bad for ZSS. Like the one with 3 green pillars, I always find myself Side-Bing and tethering to those plateforms. Same with the yellow uneven plateform. And also, her tether isnt that good when you are under the main plateform. Aside from this I guess it'S ok, but I usually tend to avoid to play there.

Shadow Moses Island. Really, I use so much uair, that I can't find myself killing with it, so I either have to kill the sides of just rack much more damage than I should << I reailly like the stage tho, and pillaring is so easy there. But let's say I wouldn't play on this stage against some characters. Pretty much match-up dependent.

Now I'll move onto bad stages.

First, I'll put Final Destination there. It's not that bad a stage, but most characters are so much better than ZSS there. No plateforms, huge level, yea.

Same thing for Smashville. Against some chars it's better than FD, but against some it's quite a bad stage. I still have nightmares of playing a Lucas on that stage.

Corneria. The fin is definitely a problem for the whip.

Hanenbow. Omg I hate that stage as ZSS. Tether sucks, Side-B is hard to aim, aerials are a pain, yea.

Bridge of Eldin would side in the same spot as FD, with a few variations due to walkoff and the hole in the middle, but overall not that good a stage.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Good input, but I completely disagree about what you said with Shadow Moses. Attacks diminishing shouldnt affect your killing ability too much with up air. You should mostly Up B and Up Smash spam them from the bottom of the stage and follow up with up airs and other attacks.
I agree too much about the Lucas on Smashville...that is a nightmare.

Cynan Machae

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CynanMachae
Yea, changing my playstyle to adapt to Shadow Moses should probably fix that. But there is probably still other people with better up KO potential than ZSS.

Hax

Smash Champion
ZSS is beast on luigi's mansion.. snakeee would agree :)

Snakeee

Smash Master
ZSS is beast on luigi's mansion.. snakeee would agree :)
Heh, yup. Although some other characters are better on it like DK -_-. Tier beat me on that stage with DKs down B.
But, yeah guys if youre playing someone that doesnt tech on Luigi's mansion or another stage with solid ceilings I just thought of this semi-infinite during a tourney match. Just grab - d throw - d smash - dsmash - grab - d throw - d smash - d smash - grab.....rinse and repeat.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Heh, yup. Although some other characters are better on it like DK -_-. Tier beat me on that stage with DKs down B.
But, yeah guys if youre playing someone that doesnt tech on Luigi's mansion or another stage with solid ceilings I just thought of this semi-infinite during a tourney match. Just grab - d throw - d smash - dsmash - grab - d throw - d smash - d smash - grab.....rinse and repeat.
Dsmash moves you forward, so you would be forced to end it eventually.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
luigis mansion is a dumb stage and should be banned in tournaments! i dont see whats so great about that stage with zero suit. All people do when i play is camp.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Dsmash moves you forward, so you would be forced to end it eventually.
Yeah lol, it's not a legit infinite or anything and that was only against certain characters and if they don't tech at all. D smash (D smash) - d throw on the bottom of that stage can however be followed up almost no matter what happens if you're quick enough.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
I found Pokemon Stadium 2 not so bad for ZSS. Havent played it that often but i could take some advantages, like on the ground setup i could easily get the others into UP B usmash or forward B, when they tried to come over from the left side of the hill. On that wind setup, the low gravity thing worked cool for aerials, unless they airdodge them well. And i also had the advantage of going down faster to the ground with the dair and lauch another air attack or some upb usmash. On the other 2 setups i havent had much of an advantage. And that default one is pretty straight forward fighting, with some platforms for short hoped aerials or up B. The edges also arent as bad as in pokemon stadium 1 where you could accidently go under the stage.

Not sure yet Stages
1. Skyworld - Would be great as you can do insane comboing on the lower part due to the solid ceiling, though the opponent will likely destroy the platforms, and then you're only hope of recovery is the very bottom moving platform.
2. Pictochat - I would have said this was a bad stage because it is small and on its own, flat. But now I'm not sure and it is random depending on what objects show up. Some let you throw enemies into hazards and some you can abuse your forward b going through obstacles.
3. Corneria - so far I have personally done kind of bad on this stage so far. You die extremely early on the top part of the stage. You can also camp Up B's and Up Smash from under the fin though. Also, you can easily kill with up air on the top part.
1. Skyworld: I dunno if its within my gameplay or the stage but im not doing so well here. The breakable floor really gimped some ways of recovering, often on the bottom right side and the stage is really small, didnt have as much freedom in my movements. Sometimes i could land a good hit with the forward b on the left side (under that platform) and the enemy would bounce on it and downwards, but thats just the only thing i found.

2. Pictochat: Havent really played it as much, but as you said you can take some advantages like when those spikes are up shoot through with a forward b or when the lots of small lines are there.

3. Corneria: Like you said i too feel getting killed happens faster here. Also i like fighting under the fin. This can lead to a quick end, but that applies to anyone i guess. Something usefull could be jumping towards the fin (from the left) to an uair or fair

but well this is just a thought correct me if im wrong or give me your ideas on it.

ZephyrArsland

Smash Rookie
I wonder why nobody has mentioned Green Hill Zone. Maybe it was banned the second the game came out and nobody plays there anymore. If that's the case, I apologize.

I hate that stage. I have a hard time hitting ppl with Fsmash or ->B, since everything is so slanted. And for a light character like our beloved Samus, a stage so tiny means you get knocked out at low percentages most of the time, if not by your enemies, maybe by the spinning checkpoints of doom.

Just my two cents <3

Snakeee

Smash Master
I found Pokemon Stadium 2 not so bad for ZSS. Havent played it that often but i could take some advantages, like on the ground setup i could easily get the others into UP B usmash or forward B, when they tried to come over from the left side of the hill. On that wind setup, the low gravity thing worked cool for aerials, unless they airdodge them well. And i also had the advantage of going down faster to the ground with the dair and lauch another air attack or some upb usmash. On the other 2 setups i havent had much of an advantage. And that default one is pretty straight forward fighting, with some platforms for short hoped aerials or up B. The edges also arent as bad as in pokemon stadium 1 where you could accidently go under the stage
Well, to tell you the truth, I believe this stage is banned in NY so I haven't really experimented too much with it. I did find it pretty annoying in general with the moving part and the wind part. I'll look into the stage though. And thanks for the other ideas as well, though you basically agreed with me on those stages.

I wonder why nobody has mentioned Green Hill Zone. Maybe it was banned the second the game came out and nobody plays there anymore. If that's the case, I apologize.

I hate that stage. I have a hard time hitting ppl with Fsmash or ->B, since everything is so slanted. And for a light character like our beloved Samus, a stage so tiny means you get knocked out at low percentages most of the time, if not by your enemies, maybe by the spinning checkpoints of doom.

Just my two cents <3
Thanks, it would be a bad stage, but it is banned. :)....but I love the music :(

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
Didnt know about the banning, what other stages are open for discussion? The 3 you were unsure about?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Didnt know about the banning, what other stages are open for discussion? The 3 you were unsure about?
All stages besides ones that are obviously banned are open for discussion. What I say about a stage is in no way final. This is a new game, and it will take a long time before we are sure of things like this. You can even talk about stages like the one you mentioned that are borderline banned.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Haven't touched this thread in a bit. Some heavy updating done now. ZSS loves her own stages...well the ones with lava at least

Dohz

Smash Cadet
I tend to do really well on Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Smashville, Battlefield, Norfair and Bridge of Eldin. Any stages where ZSS can get under the player and/or have high ceilings for her to do her aerial attacks.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
I just want to add something incase some didnt know...Lylat Cruise is good for ZSS but if ur facing ICs - be careful u dont get Fair'd by the edge cuz u might fall under and too far from the edge, messin up ur tether recov.

Happens to me too much against my friend.

Doval

Smash Lord
Kinda just skimming through but I'd like to point something out.
Snakee said:
I agree. Yoshi's Story is great except for the fact that you can die pretty fast because of the low ceiling and sides. Characters that can kill quickly like Ike or DK seem to amplify this -_-. FD I say might be good vs. certain characters (actually maybe Ike and DK). Other than that characters with better projectiles can camp the hell out of you and obviously there are no platforms.
Yoshi's Story has the same ceiling height as Final Destination and Battlefield. It also has the same distance from the edges to the death boundaries, and it's only marginally easier to die from the center of the stage - the stage isn't that much shorter than FD.

In fact, FD, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Yoshi's Island, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Dive (during the mobile part), and Pictochat have practically the same distances from ground to ceiling and from edges to side death. Hell, even Bridge of Eldin, which is often perceived as a "big" stage, has the same roof and same distance from center to horizontal death boundaries as FD.

Halberd has a slightly higher roof - it has the same ceiling as other stages if you measure it from the platform, so it's like the ground level is at -1 platform height. On the other hand, you can Up-B from under the stage (as in, it'll tether outwards) which is pretty cool.

It's very dangerous to go off of perception alone when discussing stages. Many stages are much smaller or larger than you'd think.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
A stage I hate while using Zamus would be New pork City. I can barely side-B or up-B in this stage because of the platforms' positions, which destroys some of my attacking preferences.

Corneria is also bad for Zamus IMO because of its fin -- you can't up-B or side-B there without accidentally grappling on the fin, which cancels your attack.

And last, but definitely not least, Warioware. Has it ever happened to you, that you're recovering from an attack, but when you're about to grapple the stage, it changes to one of those microgames? In those occasions there's no salvation for Zamus for she has no amazing recovery moves without an edge to grapple on.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Laughing at smashville beeing rated rated a bad stage
Wow, OK what is with all the Smashville love??? This is the FIRST stage I ban ALMOST EVERY TIME. I don't see how this is not her worst neutral stage. Don't get me wrong it is not the worst stage in the world, but out of the neutrals it is the worst.

Oh and Doval, I'll give that one to you about Yoshi's. I had said that early on because I really thought I died much faster there, but yeah I was off on that.

Orichalcum

Smash Journeyman
From what i can say i like playing Smashville with ZSS. It smaller than Final Destination and doesnt have those ****ed up edges. Also campers doesnt have it as easy as in FD for example. The size is perfect, its not limiting me in any way and the moving platform can be helpfull too, i wouldnt like it as much if it wouldnt be there and of course there are RED BALLOONS

Snakeee

Smash Master
From what i can say i like playing Smashville with ZSS. It smaller than Final Destination and doesnt have those ****ed up edges. Also campers doesnt have it as easy as in FD for example. The size is perfect, its not limiting me in any way and the moving platform can be helpfull too, i wouldnt like it as much if it wouldnt be there and of course there are RED BALLOONS
...The edges do not bother ZSS at all on FD, in fact they help her. You know a Down B wall jump into any part of the side of the stage is an auto sweetspot right? But, yeah it could be easier to be camped on FD. I don't think either stage is really too good for her though.

Snakeee

Smash Master
...I thought this thread got erased a while ago o_O . Well I'm gonna have some work to do because my ideas on her stages are a lot different now :laugh:

3GOD

Smash Ace
I like your updates...

I was watching a video today of Luigi's Mansion (Falco vs. Meta Knight), and I thought, "That might be a good ZSS stage." You can use the lower level pillars to get a break from projectile spam, and the Side-B will hit basically anyone down there since the ceiling prevents them from jumping over it. Of course, being on the bottom level also provides you plenty of places to tech and not be sent flying to your death. I'm curious how it would work against characters like Olimar, Lucario, and MK who also do well there.

I am wondering why you don't like Lylat Cruise. Is it because of the tilting messing up the Side-B? Seems like the 3 platforms are great for ZSS, but I can see the tilting being annoying enough to avoid playing there.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Thanks, I have a video showing a nice tactic ZSS can do on Luigi's. > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QPtk1EaYyY&feature=related

Lylat I only like against a few characters like DDD. The platforms are helpful and you can even D-smash a lot of characters underneath you while standing on them. However, like you said it's the tilting, but more the very shape of the stage. The shape (and tilting) messes up your forward B, projectiles, and causes aerials to lag more.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Laughing at smashville beeing rated rated a bad stage
Laughing at you thinking you know more than the best ZSS mains on the forums.

Snakeee, about Delfino: I'd say it's a good stage because the tether grabs from almost anywhere under the stage, and on the water parts you can get easy kills by repeatedly dairing people. Aside from that, I agree with the list.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Laughing at you thinking you know more than the best ZSS mains on the forums.

Snakeee, about Delfino: I'd say it's a good stage because the tether grabs from almost anywhere under the stage, and on the water parts you can get easy kills by repeatedly dairing people. Aside from that, I agree with the list.
Yeah I always d-air people forever at that one part lol. But, I think it's neutral because only certain parts are beneficial, and certain characters make better use of the stage in general.

I still don't understand what is with all the Smashville love >_> . It's by no means a terrible stage, but the platform kind of hurts more than it helps. A stage that's a bit small with no standing platforms just isn't so good for ZSS. I particularly DESPISE playing that stage against Snake too.
Anyway, I have it as a neutral now. Orichalum posted that before I made the changes.

Colbert

Smash Apprentice
I agree with a lot of this, but most counterpicking should be more based on the opponent instead of yourself, IMO. A CP list that has Zamus' strengths and her opponents' weaknesses overlapping would be awesome.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I agree with a lot of this, but most counterpicking should be more based on the opponent instead of yourself, IMO. A CP list that has Zamus' strengths and her opponents' weaknesses overlapping would be awesome.
Well I'm going to start listing what characters would be a good/bad choice to fight against on each stage.

Top Bottom