• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS: Which color do you use??? (Updated with Recolors!!! 25/08/2008)

SarahHarp

Smash Apprentice
First of all, the Varia suit design in brawl uses Zero Mission's, not Super's. (Super's does not have any of the lights on her legs, chest, and shoulders).

Secondly, the color. Since we're being major specific about the exact hue of pink here, brawl technically uses a color that neither M1 or Super use. M1's non-missile varia is way to light of a pink to be close to brawls, but the missile-varia is a better bet. But if that's the case, than that color is also similar to Super's gravity. The only real argument going for the M1 missile-vaira suit is that it has a blue visor, where as super's gravity sprite uses green.

I personally think it's more closer to the SM color. Perhaps if Brawl had the -entire- suit pink and red with no yellow, and had red boots, then I'd be more inclined to agree with the M1 argument.

(btw, quick color refs are here: http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=6&ga=183, http://tsgk.captainn.net/index.php?p=showgame&t=sy&sy=8&ga=348&sec=73)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I personally think it's more closer to the SM color. Perhaps if Brawl had the -entire- suit pink and red with no yellow, and had red boots, then I'd be more inclined to agree with the M1 argument.
I can see your point here. Although I still don't see the SM Gravity suit at all in the Brawl incarnation. Come to think of it, it could be the Zero Mission one, which is a bit lighter colored than the Super Metroid Gravity suit. Still too bright, IMO, but I think it's closer.

PKflashfreeze

Smash Rookie
I like:
Black
Dark Blue
Light Blue
Pink
Green
Purple

ZSS is my 3rd favorite character to play as.:)

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The burden of proof is on you. I merely brought the provenance of your "proof" under question. Every time you cite the results of passwords, and willfully ignore my evidence, you undermine your own credibility.

And I really have to ask directly now, since I can't be circumspect and expect an answer from you: Why is it that you argue for the design for the Gravity Suit has barely been the same from one game to another as evidence that you are right, and then cite the variations in the Varia design as a reason I am wrong? The contradiction here strains logic.

I'm not saying you're wrong because the Gravity Suit has changed, either. I'm saying your wrong, because the color matches better for the NES Varia, from where I'm standing. If you think the color doesn't match, based on the actual designs for every suit, as they appear in each game individually, without the use of codes, then that's fine. We can just write each other off as colorblind and be on our merry ways. Just don't try to logic cancel at me. I know how to wavethink.
Let me explain a few things here, ph00tbag. Let me give you a bit of history about myself regarding this issue that we are discussing now. In Super Smash Bros. Melee, I used to play as Samus with the salmon color scheme. The reason was because I prefered the Gravity Suit over the Varia Suit. In Super Metroid, when Samus acquired the Gravity Suit, her visor turned from green to blue. We can agree that her color scheme was not dark purple like it was in Metroid: Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Fusion. As you can see in Brawl, the same happens when you select the salmon color scheme. What is more, we have yet another Gravity Suit color scheme, which is a darker hue, and Samus still has the blue visor.

I'll admit that I was wrong about the Varia Suit color in Metroid (NES). You were correct that it is a soft pink color, and I really did not realize it until after you had started telling me otherwise. I was foolish to not agree with you, but one reason is due to my unwillingness to look for sprites. I could not say for certain which sprite was which. Fortunately, SarahHarp has offered us two links to look at Metroid (NES) and Super Metroid sprites. I still am not in agreement with you, however, for thinking that the salmon color scheme in Brawl best fits Samus' Varia Suit in Metroid (NES). The reason is because it is a lighter hue. Still, there is that lingering thought in my head that the Gravity Suit has had its own changes from a light scheme color to a darker one. And then SarahHarp also pointed out the visor color.

Thanks for the discussion, ph00tbag. You've helped a fellow Metroid fan. ;)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The thought has occurred to me that the Pink Suit may just be because Sakurai wanted to make Samus look pretty.

Maybe that's all it is. XD

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The thought has occurred to me that the Pink Suit may just be because Sakurai wanted to make Samus look pretty.

Maybe that's all it is. XD
:laugh: It's a way of playing as a certain character, looking like a wuss, and then winning. For example, Captain Falcon's white and pink outfit. Sure, he looks like a girly man, but he only does so to humiliate those whom he beats. :psycho:

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
:laugh: It's a way of playing as a certain character, looking like a wuss, and then winning. For example, Captain Falcon's white and pink outfit. Sure, he looks like a girly man, but he only does so to humiliate those whom he beats. :psycho:
What! The pink and white suit is the manliest of the Falcon alt. costumes! :psycho:

Scavenger XIII

Smash Cadet
Methinks you guys are fussing too much over the origins of these colours, aside from the obvious suit colours they probably just threw any old colours together.

Anyway, black is the new black.

ThaRoy

Smash Journeyman
I like the gold/silver scheme so let's argue from what game that's from.

FBM

Smash Apprentice
I love them all, but tend to use dark suit most often and gravity suit next. The banana suit is probably my least favourite, despite green being one of my favourite colours. The pink one looks pretty cool, but a blonde wearing pink isn't the most original look.

Top Bottom