• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Secondaries Discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Who is your secondary?

ZSS doesn't like Falco and Snake is a bit annoying, too. So, our best secondary choices are probably:

1. Pikachu (probably best choice)
2. Meta Knight
3. Marth
4. Fox
5. Wario

So, who is your secondary and why? It seems our best secondary choices are either difficult to play, or MK. :\

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
Kirby
He covers falco and diddy enough.
I also personally have trouble with the Fox and Pikachu mu, so Kirby covers those too.

FEAR977

Smash Apprentice
I also use Mk on a snake, so if i lose to a snake with zss, i wouldn't even think of kirby and i'd just use MK. I have 2 secondaries way. I should've mentioned that. My bad

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
The only character I really change for is Diddy and some characters which can be intimidating I consider, like Toon Link, Fox and Falco. Sometimes Marth (if its mr r LOL)

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I know, but TL camping can be really hard to get past and that upsmash is just uuurghhh.

I 2-0d the best Fox in Holland with ZSS last tourney tho so Im just saying if I can cp them to frigate or something with MK I wont think twice.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
My Fox is getting to the point where I'd counterpick with him. I really like the MK Snake matchup but Snake's usually know it well enough to beat a pocket MK I feel like so I duno, I really hate fighting Snake with ZSS :(

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
your MK at halloween was ok though Nefarious. I haven't played you since then though or seen you play but Ifeel like you should stick with MK as a secondary (unless your fox is getting really good)

my feeling with secondaries is, I wouldn't use them unless I was confident I could handle every situation well enough with them. Like I wouldn't really use any of my secondaries in tournament atm because I don't feel confident in being CP'd or knowing even my secondaries advantage match ups well enough.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i have a pocket IC
I swear it is the best thing to do against Falco, it also can cover other bad match ups. I vote staying zss for snake though and im really starting to love the zss diddy match up

solecalibur

Smash Master
I just play DDD against my bad MUs....Problem with my logic?

edit - and random characters against Juu when I lose game 1

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Pikachu is probably the best, as most people don't have that much experience against him. MK is also solid.

People who don't pick secondaries for Snake are either Nick Riddle or don't make it past R2 losers.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I just play DDD against my bad MUs....Problem with my logic?

edit - and random characters against Juu when I lose game 1
Yeah, Falco is our hardest MU.

Pikachu is probably the best.

This is true.

People who don't pick secondaries for Snake are either Nick Riddle or don't make it past R2 losers.

<3
Pikachu ***** Falco/Snake, so he's the best bet.
All the rest of our MUs are... easier...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
i think you seem to handle the local player who uses falco with jiggly. I could never see a well known good falco losing to jiggs

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I've gone pretty close with Xaltis. I do good against Falcos ei, xyz DJ jack. I'm sure those are random names around here though. Im starting to use ZSS in the MU though.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Who is your secondary?

ZSS doesn't like Falco and Snake is a bit annoying, too. So, our best secondary choices are probably:

1. Pikachu (probably best choice)
2. Meta Knight
3. Marth
4. Fox
5. Wario

So, who is your secondary and why? It seems our best secondary choices are either difficult to play, or MK. :\

Oh really, now? That's awesome since I just recently decided to get more serious about using Pikachu...seeing that I used to main him. Hopefully he'll be viable for complementing my toughest matchups. Cuz I hate falco.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I've gone pretty close with Xaltis. I do good against Falcos ei, xyz DJ jack. I'm sure those are random names around here though. Im starting to use ZSS in the MU though.
why would you use either of those characters against falco

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Jiggly was my original character. I'm ranked as a high jigglypuff. If not number 2. Not to sound concieted, cause i obviously don't think i'm amazing or anything. I was ranking high in my region with puff. And never used her for the Falco MU. But i started using her for spacies, since they were easily punished offstage.

It started to work until all the falcos in the area realized how good their jab is against us. lol.

Basically. I'm a good puff. And i don't want to give her up due to my rankings. I'm known as a puff player. So i use her.

I have a MU written for Falco Jiggly in my MU (Mink's Matchup Thread) thread on the puff boards if you ever take a care to look.
Nair'd phantasm guarantees a Sweetspot Fair on falco, kills around 60% offstage.

Zero

Smash Hero
Using ZSS against Falco is brave, but I think it's definitely possible at any level except Nick Riddle. Who ironically uses ZSS there too.

Top Bottom