• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Match-up Odds (Descriptions added)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
So are you sure your MK matchup is 50/50? I think it makes sense on paper but don't know any good ZSS players. People in the Should/Will MK be Banned poll keep saying that it's not agreed on.

Snakeee

Smash Master
So are you sure your MK matchup is 50/50? I think it makes sense on paper but don't know any good ZSS players. People in the Should/Will MK be Banned poll keep saying that it's not agreed on.
Yes, the only thing I can show you of the match up right now are these two friendlies, but they're good IMO:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gED2BmV6Ug
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jarKZempN0E&feature=related

My brother is a top MK player, but he's not really recognized as one yet and he isn't going to as many tourneys as he used to. I guess I need to record a set against M2K for people to really take notice -_-
Next time I see him in tourney I'll try to...

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Judging by his statement, I would say he means before you get into the tornado use down and b with its footstool properties to use the tornado as the footstool. With the horizontal distance you can cover, I would assume as long as you choose the right direction the MK will not be able to catch you in the rest of the tornado.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Judging by his statement, I would say he means before you get into the tornado use down and b with its footstool properties to use the tornado as the footstool. With the horizontal distance you can cover, I would assume as long as you choose the right direction the MK will not be able to catch you in the rest of the tornado.
This is correct.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
If you ban Rainbow Cruise, maybe you'd go 55/45 with MK...

I'm desperate to find an unfavorable matchup for him....

Charby

Smash Journeyman
MK = Chuck Norris no unfavorable matchup for him, that don't exist! It's MK

Snakeee

Smash Master
If you ban Rainbow Cruise, maybe you'd go 55/45 with MK...

I'm desperate to find an unfavorable matchup for him....
that's my absolute favorite stage. In all honesty Meta only has a very slight advantage there if the ZSS player knows what they're doing.

It's best to ban either Frigate or Delphino. Halberd is a bit of a pain too in this match up, and I don't like Castle Siege too much here either.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Why would you want to go up against a MK in Rainbow Cruise?
Easier to KO, as well as it being much harder for him to recover on. One of my favorite things to do is catch people on the higher platform with Plasma Wire as the stage moves down from the end back to the ship at the begging. If you keep them tripped up they'll star KO as the stage moves downwards.

Charby

Smash Journeyman
Lol nice trick i can imagine the mk epic failed when he will see the platform disepeared ahaha

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah... Still I would not want to fight MK in Rainbow Cruise... especially with something that feels so situational and ambiguous.

For that matter, I wouldn't want to fight ANYONE in Rainbow Cruise. I just hate that stage.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Yeah... Still I would not want to fight MK in Rainbow Cruise... especially with something that feels so situational and ambiguous.

For that matter, I wouldn't want to fight ANYONE in Rainbow Cruise. I just hate that stage.
Well, honestly most players would probably want to avoid that stage against Meta with ZSS even though it's not a strong advantage for him. If you really know what you're doing there then don't ban it, but don't counterpick it...unless you're crazy like me because I can see myself countering him there :laugh:

Top Bottom