• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Yea I knew that which is why i mentioned it, when i did it the spot where i did the downward toss was the middle of the stage exactly where it breaks apart after taking a few hits.

And wait so someone brought it up already? that's what sup we should look more into it

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Utilt is generally ZSS' best OoS option, but it's risky cause it has insane ending lag so you have to be 100% sure that you don't hit their shield/miss them completely.
Froll is a great roll, and is about as good an OoS option as utilt, if not better. Broll is a terrible roll and should almost never be used in place of froll. But then this causes the opponent to expect an froll so broll works more than it 'should', still doesn't make it good though.
We have an average spotdodge.
Uair OoS works against non-short characters that are on the ground, and is good when your opponent hits your shield while in the air (eg Marth unspaced rising fair). Usmash OoS is good when you opponent is really really close up to you and you know it'll hit...terrible otherwise.

Dtilt and ftilt are also pretty good out of shield. Jab is a good OoS option but jab itself is bad, so...XD
Dash attack comes out as quickly as dtilt/ftilt, but should only be used when you KNOW the dash attack will hit and you know you can follow it up with the DAL or a tilt or something ....basically, a higher risk higher reward dtilt OoS.

There's grab but ours is slow so yeah.

UpB can be used occasionally out of shield when your opponent is above you and you'd rather hit with upB then usmash/uair...
That's pretty much it I think.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
Thanks, infinite...

The only oos i use is up-tilt when using zss. Never heard anyone using roll oos before.
I wish her oos were strong like marios. Mario has more then one ( can kill @ strong %)
oos that's pretty good, even his nair oos is good.

:pow:

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have any advice for the Diddy MU. I have half a mental block against Diddy plus not knowing the MU. I'd rather learn the MU now and deal with the mental block later.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Jumping OoS is also very good with ZSS

As for Diddy, just be patient, space and zone properly, and don't hit his shield with anything but dsmash, sideB2, bair, or an item toss. Be safe.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
So i would kindly appreciate it if someone gave me a good breakdown of the wolf MU not just to infinite him please and thank you :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Either take notes (literally) on Kain vs Dakpo/Salem or ask DRN. I can't really help you with it, I don't know the MU and I doubt Nick does either

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
I know there is the infinite on the spacies but is it just D-Smash, step, D-Smash, Step... etc? Or is it more complicated than that? I've never actually seen it done.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's not an infinite but yeah that's how it works. You just have to time your dsmashes so they hit the spacie when they land on the ground again. Also try not to charge your dsmashes too much, charging adds additional knockback = they pop out higher = they don't hit the ground = no chain

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
Okay. I've only heard it referred to as an infinite. But that Doesn't matter. I thought it was as simple as that just didn't know how if there was more to it.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Well it's not an infinite, but if done correctly (with enough room on the stage before the edge), almost assuredly results in a stock. How far you have to move forward (if at all) after each time is totally based on how close you are to him when you hit him. If you do the first one right next to him, you probably can get the second one in without moving. But you really gotta get the hang of the spacing to do it consistently.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Against Fox I usually just finish with a sideB because it has monstrous knockback and if that doesn't kill, Fox will be at around 120% and our other kill moves (bair, fair2, uair) are all fresh.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I love you, Kyokoro.
Yes it is. I saw the anime and immediately needed to read the manga.
**** is so cash.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
Gundam Wing best anime evar. Followed by Neon Genesis Evangelion as a close second.

How do I approach a Snake? Save for his projectiles, which I can learn to adapt by, but that Utilt... Ouch. Really had to know this because I only got 1-stocked by a really good Snake earlier today, but I could've won had I known to outplay with my approaches.

Snake Utilt to stronk.

SoulJoker

Smash Cadet
I'm Sorry but Sword Art Online is the best anime ever. With Code Geass/Angel Beats as a second.

In terms of snake. Always punish landings if you can do anything to get up into the air, I've found it easy to juggle then punish the landing with either d-tilt or smash.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
xD i don't watch much anime but those are my favorite and don't hate nigg TWGOK was entertaining as **** for me and Shuffle made me cry a bit.

Shadow Tactics

Smash Cadet
in no particular order, my top five would be:

1. Fate/Zero
2. Hunter x Hunter 2011
3. Hellsing Utimate
4. Steins;Gate
5. Darker than Black

slightly unsure about placing steins gate and hunter on the list but this is just off the top of my head. the other 3 belong there without a doubt!

Heero Yuy

#sweg
My top 5:

1. Gundam Wing
2. Neon Genesis Evangelion
3. Puella Magi Madoka Magica
4. Tenchi Muyo!
5. Macross Frontier

I'm such a mecha geek. Though I'm not much of an otaku, really. Haven't watched a single anime in over 6 months.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I saw Aku no Hana as new anime of the season and started reading it too lol
When I read the synopsis it sounded a lot like Watashi ni xx Shinasai. But Lord it was so different. SO VERY DIFFERENT. And I'm glad it is :3

I don't think I can make a Top5, I at best could list a bunch and rank them as "I LOVED it!", "I really liked it", "I liked it", "meh", "ugh" and "GET THAT **** AWAY FROM ME!"

SAO for example, is ugh

space23

Smash Rookie
Can someone tell me all the characters dsmash chain works on? And the percent it works till
I thought it only works on spacies

Top Bottom