• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZOOK PLEASE LOCK|Project Wiimon:From Smogon

Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Yes it is backnow that I have permission from darkartisan
Project WiiMon

Ever since the Wii came out, I looked forward to Pokemon Battle Revolution. After Nintendo stole another $50 out of my wallet, I was left with a sort of empty feeling. A couple months ago I had a dream. This dream was about a Pokeon Wii game that went for the whole 3D graphics, motion control, and much more. I doubt that I could get this to Gamefreak, but I figured that I would rather discuss this with everyone before thinking about it.
There would be two versions of the game. Pokemon Agate, and Pokemon Amethyst, each featuring certain pokemon and such, very similar to the handhelds.

For starters, I thought that the coolest thing would be the graphics. Imagine, being able to choose from third person to first person, with graphics like Battle Revolution, such as the character sprites, and of course, customization is key. Walking through unknown forests, caves, and cities, all rendered in three dimensional. If you have ever played No more heroes, or Killer 7, the Pokemon would have that sort of look.

Walk through route 201, and spot a Rattata. Did I mention that it would be all real time, not turn based? The Rattata comes charging at you, and your starter pokemon (who travels next to you) quickly jumps at him. You assign different attacks to different buttons, such as a Tackle attack to the A button, or a Water Gun to the B button. Of course, eventually you will need to switch moves in and out, but it offers great customizaton.

Anyways, your Starter runs at it. You move with the Nunchuck's analog stick, and use the D pad to strafe. The Z button could be a targeting system, to lock on to the Rattata. Once you wear down the Rattata's Hit points, he moves alot slower and hits alot weaker, and an exclamation point shows over his head. This is when you know that it's time to throw a Pokeball.

To throw a pokeball, press the + button. This puts you into "capture mode." To catch something, a series of buttons will appear on screen. If you can get most of them correct, you use the Wiimote to throw the Pokeball (with a throwing motion) and then catch them. Of course, certain pokemon will be harder to defeat and wear down, and the series of buttons will be faster and longer, but if you can perform them correctly, you catch them. Legendaries will obviously be much harder and more grueling to defeat, and, especially catch, but once you catch them the world lifts off of your shoulders.

You can find items scattered across the lands, and items such as Leftovers will heal a Pokemon's HP for 6% every 5 seconds, while a Choice Scarf allows you to move alot quicker but only allows the use of one move. Flying type pokemon will be able to fly the whole game, but will have restrictions depending on the opponent.

For example: If a Pidgey attacks your Mudkip, the Pidgey can't fly higher than your tackle attack, Making it fair for the groundbound opponent also. If you have a Charizard versus a Pidgeot, they can fly and attack each other, no restrictions on height. Ladies and gentlemen, I proudly present my idea for a pokemon Wii game.

In regards to Trainer customization: Everyone knows that you don't want to be the fruity pokemon trainer in pokemon Diamond and Pearl with that "posh" hat and, in my opinon, pretty ******** outfit. The hardcore kids want spikey leather jackets, the preps want collared shirts, the girls want polka dots and rainbows, etc. Well, this is another big idea of mine. Once you acumulate enough money, you can buy better gear that can subtract the difficulties of catching legends, such as a cool pair of sports shades that cuts the button sequence by 10%, or once you defeat the Grand master, you recieve a legend hunting jacket, that reduces legendary damage to your pokemon by 30%.

Making money: This is also something that utilizes the online aspect of the game. Let's say that you catch a Shiny pokemon. You can either trade it, or sell it at the "auction house." the auction house lets you buy gear, such as rare items that a pokemon may be holding, let's say a Choice Scarf. you can trade pokemon for the item, or bid on it. If the dealer wants pokemon over money (which isn't as easy to get as it was in all the other games) then in the end he will decide which pokemon is the most valuable.

Gym leaders: No, they will no longer be pushovers. The real time battle system will make it alot more difficult than pushing a button with "Hydro Pump" on it, and smugly smirking while you destroy a Lucario. No, this will be alot more different. The game will feature smarter gym leaders, who adjust to your gameplay skills. In the beginning of the game you will have a 10 question test that will ask you if you have ever played pokemon before, know what evs are, and basically just understand the fundamentals of the game. This will be half of the predetermination of the Starting difficulty level. Now let's say that you go through 2 gym leaders without losing a pokemon. The 3rd gym leader's skill will increase dramatically, so that everyone will have a fair shot at the game, whether it be an 8 year old or a 35 year old.

Leveling up: Obviously, experience will increase stats, and give moves, although that shall be the only advantages there. A level 100 Metagross could still lose to a level 70 Blastoise if the player has a better skill than the Metagross' owner. Levels will not be such a disadvantage as they once were. You level up by killing pokemon (obviously) and beating other Npc's in battles. There are also some quests that can be done to obtain experience and or items.

Rank: Gear will be worn according to level, which means that a friend can't trade you over wifi for a Legendary jacket if you aren't high enough Rank. Ranking up takes a bit of time and effort. You start as a "newbie", and depending on win/loss ratio and how many gym badges you have, you will go to the according rank. the final rank will be entitled "Legend" and will be shown over your name. Rank also gives you skills for you, the trainer to utilize! You will have certain skills that can heal your pokemon by 2 health every time he attacks, as a passive skill, or even throw rocks at the pokemon to deal some damage to it, in tandem with your pokemon's attacks.

What you do affects the world around you: Catch other npc's pokemon? (Yeah it's possible) and do nasty things, such as have your starter or other pokemon shoot a Water Gun at a random passerbyer? Things will eventually add up, to the point that you could become a member of Team Rocket, or Team Galactic. If you're really bad, you could become the leader of either organizations. Helping the little girl cross the street, or helping the little boy catch his first Ralts will make you well known in your region. If you are bad, you will have different quests and such, people will fear you. If you are good people will be kind to you and occasional offer free rewards.

Choosing your starter: This is something I hear quite often. I now that people want to start with Budew, Pichu, Ralts, Pidgey and others. Well, I had the idea that you can choose where you want to start. Of course, every town would have different pokemon, and every town would have one of the 12 starters, along with others that match the description. Of course Floroma Town would have the options of Bulbasaur, Budew or Shellos. Shellos due to the fact that there musn't be all grass types in one city, or all fire types in the next.

Online: The online aspect of the game will have much to do with it, or not much at all. The auction house works like the GTS, and battling over wifi is the same connection, etc. When you battle noline, you will be ranked according to win loss ratio. The player with the best ratio will be number one, and there will be a huge leaderboard system. If you do not have high speed internet, then the game will still be fully functional.

regarding legendaries: As I previously mentioned, legendaries are again able to be captured, but you must be a certain rank to be able to make it through the dungeons. Places like Stark Mountain easily require a highly skilled trainer, and a high level pokemon or two to get through the dungeon.

Attacks: You assign attacks to different buttons. This is why it would also work for the PS3 and the Xbox360, also computer.
To do his/her special, you have to hit 2 buttons at the same time. A special move is determined by power and such, as they are default unless specifically requested. Also, you can only use a special move once. Moves like stun spore and such, are assigned to buttons b, x etc.
Your trainer points and does animations, but the buttons work the pokemon. You also move them with the analog stick, so i guess that you could say that you control the pokemon.

Offense: Playing it offensively is the way to knock out your opponent, right? Wrong! You can also play defensively! Pokemon can keep attacking each other, but if the defensive pokemon keeps dodging and parrying your attacks, they could knock you out in one hit depending on stat bonuses from dodging and parrying.

Defense: Playing defensively, you can parry attacks, and even deal damage! So let's say that a Scizor uses metal claw. The split second before he hits you, a random button will appear. If you hit this you can parry the attack, and get a random boost (+1) in any stat. Dodging works the same way, but you cannot parry special attacks, you dodge them. If you dodge them, you also get a random stat bonus. You can only parry Physical attacks, remember that!

Targeting: we still need a little help with that...

Aggro: Each pokemon will have a certain size, extra small, small, medium, large, extra large, and giga. Giga pokemon tend to be legendaries, and have a gigantic aggro, hence the name. Extra small enemeies, such as Rattata, wont have a very large aggro, and you can often find that you can avoid them if you like.

List of Gym leaders: (1st set)

KANTO:

-Brock
Onix, Rhyhorn, Geodude
Pokemon levels: all level 13
All Pokemon level 16 and up will listen to you

-Misty
Starmie, Vaporeon, Gyarados
Pokemon levels: All level 23
All Pokemon level 25 and up will listen to you

-Lt. Surge
Raichu, Pidgeotto, Electrode
Pokemon levels: All level 32
All Pokemon level 35 and up will listen to you

-Erika
Vileplume, Venusaur, Muk
Pokemon levels: All level 40
All Pokemon level 45 and up will listen to you

-Sabrina
Alakazam, Medicham, Slowbro
Pokemon levels: 48
All Pokemon level 55 and up will listen to you

-Koga
Venomoth, Weezing,
Pokemon levels: 60
All Pokemon level 65 and up will listen to you

-Blaine
Arcanine, Magmortar, Manectric
Pokemon levels: 65
All Pokemon level 75 and up will listen to you

-Giovanni
Tyranitar, Nidoking, Mewtwo
Pokemon levels: 70
All pokemon will obey you

The Elite four pokemon are all level 70.

Lorelei:
Gyarados, Dewgong, Froslass, Mamoswine, Walrein, Piloswine

Bruno:
Machamp, Golem, Rhyperior, Aggron, Steelix, Flygon

Agatha:
Gengar, Dusknoir, Gengar(2 Gengars), Scizor, Banette, Rotom

Lance:
Salamence, Tyranitar, Gyarados, Garchomp, Dragonite, Aerodactyl

Ash:
Pikachu, Snorlax, Pidgeot, Empoleon, Ambipom, Charizard

Win: Recieve Legendary Jacket, 10,000 Poke', and a pass to the next region.

Johto

-Falkner
Hoothoot, Staravia, Skarmory
Pokemon Levels: All 14

-Bugsy
Scizor, Dustox, Vespiqueen
Pokemon Levels: All 24

-Whitney
Miltank, Granbull, Togetic
Pokemon Levels: All 32

-Morty
Gengar, Spiritomb, Marowak
Pokemon Levels: All 40

-Chuck
Poliwrath, Lucario, Medicham
Pokemon Levels: All 48

-Jasmine
Steelix, Ampharos, Metagross
Pokemon Levels: All 60

-Pryce
Mamoswine, Froslass, Glaceon
Pokemon Levels: All 65

-Clair
Dragonite, Altaria, Kingdra
Pokemon Levels: All 70

Elite Four:

Will
Xatu, Alakazam, Bronzong, Exeggutor, Gallade, Medicham

Koga
Crobat, Drapion, Weezing, Nidoking, Tentacruel, Venomoth

Bruno
Machamp, Rhyperior, Heracross, Primape, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee

Karen
Honchcrow, Umbreon, Houndoom, Weavile, Cacturne, Tyranitar

Lance
Dragonite, Salamence, Aerodactyl, Flygon, Garchomp, Kingdra

Regions: When you first boot up the game, it will ask you what your favorite region is. When you reply you will be warped there and start your adventure. Once you defeat the legendary master in that region, you are allowed to move to the next region. You can bring your pokemon over there, but you won't be allowed to use them until you get the certain badge of that region.
For example, if you want to use your Feraligatr in the Kanto region, and he's level 100, you must defeat all gym leaders and beat Giovanni to obtain that badge so that you wont breeze through all the regions.

This is the reason that it would shine: Imagine walking towards your destiny. All the lights flare on, and you are on a pillar battling ash, similar to pokemon Crystal. Ash sends out his trusty Pikachu, and you send out your Lucario. You press the B button and quickly fire off an Aura Sphere, but Ash is smarter than that and Pikachu runs behind a stalagmite. The Aura Sphere explodes into the stalagmite, and Pikachu quickly runs at you, full of sparks. You press the C button and swiftly dodge it, but Pikachu uses Thunderbolt and frys you. You return your pokemon with a swift arm motion, and send out your Gengar, that you recently captured.
You press B and the Gengar puts his hands together. Energy swirls in his palm, and he disappears. All of a sudden Pikachu is scratched badly across the face, and Gengar is still nowhere in site. Ash tenses, and returns Pikachu.

Expansions: To make money, and be more convienient for nintendo, Mintyfresh7 suggested four disks. These disks would be able to hold each region, and you would be able to save the file to your Wii, and then transfer it to the next game, so that you have all of your saved files with you. How convinient!

EMAIL:

I have sent an email to Nintendo, only to be turned down. This won't stop me from talking to gamefreak, but all in due time, my friends.

here: Hello Kevin,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your wonderful Pokemon game ideas to us. I was amazed at some of the game ideas you came up with. Unfortunately, we are unable to pass along or accept unsolicited ideas for legal reasons. For more information, please visit the following address:http://www.nintendo.com/corp/faq.jsp#idea

Also, be sure to check our website's What's New section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) regularly for all the latest information and announcements regarding our products.

Sincerely,

Raymond Chan
Nintendo of America Inc.
Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529

More Wifi:

Everything in this game is Wifi/Elite Four-esque battling. Lets say you beat your game on the Easy difficulty. When you go to challenge someone on Wifi, you would only be paired up with other people who won the game on Easy. That way, the in-game players would have their own environment, and we competitive battlers would be free to face only the core elite (that is, if they beat the game on Hard =]).

There could also be a Trainer Imporium where people can get together and trade, compare Battle Stats, or swap Recorded Battles. The auction idea would also be put here as well.

Maybe you could go and watch a battle going on, and bet on who the winner would be? Or do a tournament where only those with a high enough battl ranking could join? The possibilities here are endless.

Terrain affects combat!: If for instance a pokemon is playing on his own battlefield type (dark types at night get powered up, no matter where they're at), dual types get a 1.5x damage multiplyer, and dual types like Tyranitar that play in the desert at night get a 3x damage multiplier!

Contributers:
Darkartisan- A.K.A. Art
MintyFresh7
Chaos blade A.K.A. Solstice
Xia
M4GNITUDE
Felix91
pokemonKing
Atyroki
Skittyonwailord
I leik tr33ckoz

I would like to know what you guys think, this has been something that I wanted people's opinions on since I came up with it. Thanks for reading, I can't wait to read the feedback! updated 1/2/08
Happy New year everyone!
Last edited by darkartisan : January 2nd, 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Please do not post this anywhere else because you do not have permission

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Not bad, I'd prefer a pokemon MMO over this though, it would bring all of this together, and allow patches (AkA expansions) Regularly. I've heard Blizzard is making one, but I'm not so sure.

And if it was an MMO, I'd like to be able to control the pokemon instead of the trainers really. (Yay, I can control a Gardevoir! XD) but it would be kinda hard.

Really, what you described would work VERY WELL for an MMO, and this being an MMO Nintendo would agree on, as that would be base fee plus monthly fee, which is great money.

They would need to make it for the PC though for patching.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
This would be cool, I hope someone does this.

If there is a Pokemon MMO I would DIE!
I love Pokemon and MMO's xD

zrky

Smash Lol'd
when you said you would wanna control the pokemon, I KNEW you were gonna say gardevoir
zolga posted in the PC 0_o

ss118

Smash Master
already read it, normally I'd try to shoot this thread down but since you are merely sharing it I guess I can't hate you guys now.

Not that I ever could! <3

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
It would be hard to make that. Your controls are pretty messed up. When you encounter a wild Pokemon, your controls should change, just to make things easier.

Control Pad should not be strafe. This isn't an fps. It should be third-person adventure from the way you're describing it. Basically, it should function similar to Legend of Zelda. Motion control can take place of some of the controls. Instead of pressing a button to throw a Pokeball, you could hold Z and swing the nunchuk. Control Pad should be shortcuts to your items, just like in LoZ.

Battle controls also need to change. Instead of controlling your Pokemon, your Pokemon should act on it's own and you perform commands. Holding the control stick in a certain direction will open a transparent menu in which you can select attacks using the control pad, another direction on the control stick will allow you to use battle strategies which you can learn as you progress through the game... switching out, items, etc.

A step should be taken to see if real-time Pokemon becomes a success before we turn it into a full blown adventure game.

P2P Pokemon would suck.

This is a great idea, but could be polished a bit more. Leftovers should NOT heal 6% every 5 seconds, 1% every 3 seconds should suffice.

These controls won't work out as hot if you're planning to include 3 wild Pokemon facing your Pokemon at the same time...

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Thing is you are also allowed to use gcube controller and the control scheme idea for that is underway And if you actually took time to actually go to the link then you would see they are creating a small scale game of that right now as a test. And orly the point is not to press a button that says Hydro Pump and laugh as you see a pokemon get destroyed. The point of the game is to make it so you actually have to dodge attacks on your own and you should be able to attack and make the attack work without having a smug grin on your face since you just used Fissure one a level 1 pokemon and then watching that level one pokemon faint.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hay guise necrooooo

Anyways, whatever happened to this thing?

karthik_king

Smash Ace
what a grave dig annoying anyways. Due to the fact it ended up becoming a two man show on a diferent forum(me + creator) it ended up being dissolved

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
:flame:
Have you guys ever played Custom Robo? Imagine a Pokemon game kinda like that for it's battles. Except that instead of a different button giving you a different attack, you use the D-Pad to scroll through ALL of your Pokemon's moves, while runnig around with the control stick and jumping with the C-Button. Your Pokemon can stop moving and attempt to brace for a hit with the Z-Button, the B-Trigger could let you open and close your attack window, the + button could be to Pause, the -Button could let you open windows (Personal Stats, Enemy Stats, Map, that sortathing), and the A Button would be what lets you pick your move after you've selected it.
:flame:

Niiro

Smash Ace
tl;dr version plz? The parts I did read where good tho :D
edit: wtf am i talking about? who bumped this old-*** thread? *hate/flame*

Spire

III
BRoomer
So in short, the idea is to make a real-time 3D homebrew Pokemon game for the Wii, yes?

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
I like the idea. A Pokémon MMO would possibly kill World Of Warcraft :o ... actually I'm not sure about that one.

All in all an epic idea!

Terra~

Smash Journeyman
Something I may have missed but is the project intended to be offered to GameFreak or will this be picked up by fans and so on.

I'm a programmer :3!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
what a grave dig annoying anyways. Due to the fact it ended up becoming a two man show on a diferent forum(me + creator) it ended up being dissolved
Did you guys read?

The project was dissolved.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Back in January when it was first made, the project was still going on...

It just got necroed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom