• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
1 Wifi can be stupid frustrating.
2 When I'm tired my game just plummets to the blast zone. Tired+wifi lag can mean major fail then you get frustrated and play even worse. It's best to take a break, get some sleep and be refreshed for another time. You won't start playing better if you keep playing with these conditions (I don't at least). When tired and/or on bad wifi I have been 3 stocked, 2 were SDs.
3 Zelda's recovery isn't forgiving either and Snake's a bad MU high tier who does well on wifi.

In the words of the owl from OoT who ramble on and on, 'don't get discouraged. Do you under stand? yes/no'

>no

2 When I'm tired my game just plummets to the blast zone. Tired+wifi lag can mean major fail then you get frustrated and play even worse. It's best to take a break, get some sleep and be refreshed for another time. You won't start playing better if you keep playing with these conditions (I don't at least). When tired and/or on bad wifi I have been 3 stocked, 2 were SDs.
3 Zelda's recovery isn't forgiving either and Snake's a bad MU high tier who does well on wifi.

In the words of the owl from OoT who ramble on and on, 'don't get discouraged. Do you under stand? yes/no'

>Yes! For the love of the goddesses, shut up already!

/lol, messing around. I'm tired too :/

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
You had a tough bracket :/
Yeah I did ;o

Theres always apex.
True, that'd be cool if we have any money left. Also, I didn't get a chance to play you/talk at Whobo. How's Zelda and Snake coming along?

Seems that is the event that everyone is training for now that WHOBO is out of the way. I am so hyped for it.

Hopefully everything works out positively for you Mocha! ^^
Thanks, I'm sure it will, I just need to become more confident.

Wait....all the saved matches aren't on neutrals???

LOLZ!

Hoping for some more big level ups or catching the rest of my bad tendencies. APEX TOP 32 OR BUST MAN!!!
We had saved on crazy stages like Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 2, Halberd, Castle Siege, and Brinstar (iirc)

Yeah... xD

From the front page I noticed something,

Happy Birthday Mocha!
Thank you :-D

I just had some terribad wifi games, I don't know what to do, every thing that happened just makes me think more and more that Zelda IS the worst character in the game... like 2 days ago I had nothing better to do so I kind of started to play with Sheik to at least do something that isn't giving a free stock when I screw up but I still don't get used to her and I couldn't find anything like a little guide or moveset explanation and I thought about asking Ed about it and/or just post on the Sheik boards....

Right now I don't know what to do, if I have to just stop playing this or just focus on my MK or what... seems like everything I do or try to do turns into a misserable fail and that really doesn't help.

What is the worst thing is that I seem to never be able to get the Snake MU, Riot just gave me some tips about it like 2 days ago, but I really don't know what the hell is it that I keep doing wrong.

Just wanted to share this with you guys, maybe anyone of you can give some good idea(s) of how to stop being the worst competitive brawl player ever, fix my mind or anything. I'm just so screwed up right now.
First of all, I will tell you this, not just to make you feel better, but because it is very true: Wifi sucks. The more offline I do, the more obvious this becomes. I do in fact, consider wifi to be an almost different game entirely from regular Brawl.

Keep in mind that due to the lag and delayed inputs, it feels like you don't really have control of your character. Try aerial canceling in super laggy matches - it's dumb. Try spacing your recovery - nope. Try buffering something, only to have you air dodge off stage to your death. Alan, you should not feel at all bad about losing on wifi - believe me, I've probably played more wifi than most Zeldas here and I hate it.

The only thing that I feel like wifi helps is to keep me a little bit refreshed and not terribly rusty, as well as some general match-up knowledge.

Sheik is even harder to use than Zelda is on wifi because of how technical she is. Most characters that rely a lot on technicals do worse in lag because the timing is even harder than it is offline. Please, please don't feel like you're the worst player ever because wifi got you. Also keep in mind that wifi regulars are a lot more comfortable with lag than you are, and a lot of them have never even played offline.

Who was giving you trouble on wifi btw?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
What, it's Mocha's birthday? Happy birthday!

Hey guys, is there any past write ups here about the Zelda and Peach team? I need advice for this team...
Here's some mad old (from ~three years ago) discussion about the team. Don't know if it's of any use anymore though.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232505&page=6

>no
I don't think there's a single OoT player out there that hasn't had this happen to them.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace

>no

>Yes! For the love of the goddesses, shut up already!

/lol, messing around. I'm tired too :/
First of all, I will tell you this, not just to make you feel better, but because it is very true: Wifi sucks. The more offline I do, the more obvious this becomes. I do in fact, consider wifi to be an almost different game entirely from regular Brawl.

Keep in mind that due to the lag and delayed inputs, it feels like you don't really have control of your character. Try aerial canceling in super laggy matches - it's dumb. Try spacing your recovery - nope. Try buffering something, only to have you air dodge off stage to your death. Alan, you should not feel at all bad about losing on wifi - believe me, I've probably played more wifi than most Zeldas here and I hate it.

The only thing that I feel like wifi helps is to keep me a little bit refreshed and not terribly rusty, as well as some general match-up knowledge.

Sheik is even harder to use than Zelda is on wifi because of how technical she is. Most characters that rely a lot on technicals do worse in lag because the timing is even harder than it is offline. Please, please don't feel like you're the worst player ever because wifi got you. Also keep in mind that wifi regulars are a lot more comfortable with lag than you are, and a lot of them have never even played offline.

Who was giving you trouble on wifi btw?
thanks for your support, I know, wifi sucks, but that's what I had at the time, still even offline I feel like I can't do things right sometimes...

some guys from a mexican fb group to play wifi :/

I'm already trying to get the most info I can get for the snake MU because that's what frustrates me the most(offline and online)

ohh and in that same session I found out that wolf is a real pain to deal with, I remember that match with Hedi and I really don't know how I took him to his last stock.

ohh and I already posted a shoutout in aib but I don't care xD

Happy Birthday Mocha!!! ^^

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy birthday to Mocha on SWFs too, lol.
ohh and in that same session I found out that wolf is a real pain to deal with, I remember that match with Hedi and I really don't know how I took him to his last stock.
Wolf just sucks for Zelda:urg:. I can help with the wifi Wolf MU if you (or anyone) needs it. I can also help with any of these MUs:

I wanted an excuse to post that :cool:

Kataefi

*smoke machine*

from all of the zeldas...

...a coffee for mocha

I'm getting coffee wasted just looking at that picture

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Soooooooooooo.....who wants to go to New York?
Opening up a carpool for Impact in New York Tell your friends

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks everybody!

It was really all a matter of making myself take my time and staying relaxed. I used a "Smile" tag to keep telling myself not to take things so seriously. Treat all games like fun friendlies since I know I play my best in friendly situations.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I love how every time I seem to contribute, I am completely ignored.

It's been fun but bye Zeldas.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Hey Zelda's, I want to share some photos I took in 08' of Zelda. Let me know what yall think. You guys are free to use these as avatars/sigs/whatever, just let me know if you do. Pages 5 & 6 have the best photos IMO: http://s759.photobucket.com/albums/xx239/GerWalker2/
They look lovely, Gadiel. Also, I enjoyed our friendlies at Whobo 4. You have a solid Pit (:

I haven't checked SWF in awhile but... you get discouraged almost as badly as I do. Don't worry, we do appreciate your contributions, Courier. Our boards have just been a little dead lately, but not overly so.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Sometimes it seems like you are being ignored when really people just don't have time to comment or possibly think you have covered things well. Trust me, I share your pain Courier but don't be too upset dude. :p

Top Bottom