• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Aw good try. Hope Mocha will be able to make a name for herself!

@Rizen He's a MK player I think.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Yeah... my pools sucked majorly. Couldn't do a thing. Olimar and Wolf were especially frustrating of course <.<

On the other hand, doubles went alright until they put me on stream. i play worse when a whole bunch of people are watching. In doubles we lost to Ryo's Ike (who's sick btw) and Z + Asa (Pikachu/Olimar). Honestly, the only good thing about doubles was beating Atomsk and Dojo.

And the friendlies were fun. Ed and I played quite a bit and saved matches. Ed's Zelda is too pro, definitely the best Zelda I've played (: and he's an awesome guy too!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wish I were there.

Sucks that you played people with Zelda experience today. What a coincidence D:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Today I fulfilled a lifelong dream and got to play Mocha :D

She's godlike. Top 5 Zelda imo

MrEh

Smash Hero
Nice job making it out of pools Ed. You might be the only Zelda rep left in the tournament, so make sure you kick dudes in the face.

Also, keep at it Carol. Hawaii is always rooting for ya. It's not too surprising that you lost to a team with Asa on it. Not sure if he told you, but Asa is actually a Hawaii player, so he has TONS of Zelda practice.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Today I fulfilled a lifelong dream and got to play Mocha :D

She's godlike. Top 5 Zelda imo
Yeah those matches were fun. It still sucks vs Ice Climbers though xD Wish we got to play more

Mocha is gdlike :grin: Ed too. Were you guys the only zelda players there?
Izumi used Zelda a bit in friendlies (and I think doubles too but I'm not too sure). Delux ditto'd me in friendlies after a few matches with ICs. And there was some guy there who wanted me to teach him how to use Nayru's Love Jump cause he secretly seconds Zelda xD

But yeah, pretty much me and Ed.

Nice job making it out of pools Ed. You might be the only Zelda rep left in the tournament, so make sure you kick dudes in the face.

Also, keep at it Carol. Hawaii is always rooting for ya. It's not too surprising that you lost to a team with Asa on it. Not sure if he told you, but Asa is actually a Hawaii player, so he has TONS of Zelda practice.
Thanks Chad, the support really is appreciated from you guys. Yeah, my partner and I kind of just got turned off after losing to Ryo's Ike and his partner. From that point on, I didn't do so hot in doubles anymore. And they put us on stream for low/mid-tier doubles (a separate event) and that's when I did my worse in doubles lol.

As for Asa, it was fun playing him, despite him being Olimar xD I honestly feel like I could have played better. And yeah, I know he has experience fighting DarkMusician, which doesn't help lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah Asa destroyed me in doubles in the past too... especially with Pikachu since he has so much experience practising combos and followups with Captain L >_>

Good work though Mocha. Asa said you raged a lot :(

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Welp, I honestly choked away so many games today. In doing so, I honestly wanted to quit, and then I finally figured out my problem. I let my emotions dictate my gameplay and when my nerves hit me, it's over.

Now that I've found it, it will be dealt with. I wanted to really quit today but I just can't quit until I beat this. I'm going to bodybag people as I figure this out!!!

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Most definitely, these last few tourneys have helped me figure it all out. The placements haven't been to my liking but now it really doesn't matter. Probably one of the first steps to stepping it up.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I noticed it before myself. I got really mad once, and I threw my controller on the floor... granted it was only a few inches and on carpet lol. It honestly shows in any character that's difficult to use. Zelda is definitely not an exception.

I'd be a millionaire if I got a dollar for every time I said I'd quit Brawl >_>

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Most definitely, these last few tourneys have helped me figure it all out. The placements haven't been to my liking but now it really doesn't matter. Probably one of the first steps to stepping it up.
This may sound absolutely dumb but one thing you can do to help yourself get over mental problems is meditating. In the process you'll gain a lot of self control and discipline.

Realizing that you're getting discouraged in a match, and then realizing and believing you can/will win is really important imo, and for me personally I believe meditation has helped me do that.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Ed, how'd your match go vs Inui? That was the last I heard from you. I had to leave early :/

One of the things I admire about you is your ability to keep your cool, even when you're getting bodied (which doesn't happen too often). I'm sure with more tourney experience, I will hopefully be the same. I just get discouraged so easily lol. Good stuff so far, you make Zeldas proud.

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
Ed and Florida supporting ESAM was so cool.

Who were the players in your pool Ed? I'm curious.

good job anyways, must've been fun to be there.

Ryo vs Atomsk was hype, to bad he missed that spike on Frigate's moving platform, that would've seal the deal. D:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I felt like I blew it vs. both inui and jrugs. Two losses I personally felt like I shouldn't have but they got me. Personally I raged but at least it finally helped me realize my issue.

Cheering on Tommy was so much fun! Major serous awesomeness!

YES YES YES YES!!

Also, meditation.... I'll consider it.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sorry I didn't answer sooner.

My pool was MJG, Fliphop, Me, Esca, Player-3, ALSM in that placement order.

Also, tried just playing happy the whole way back from TX and I made LEAPS & BOUNDS in keeping my cool with both Zelda and Sheik. Mocha, when you see this, can you add "Smile" to the tag list of mine.

Also, Mocha is super talented. A few more tourneys under your belt and you will do much better. I watched just about every match of yours and it seemed like mere tourney nerves getting you. More experience will definitely be more improvement. I know you have the talent. Just a matter of realizing it.

Also, this Big Show thing has been catching on lol.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, is there any past write ups here about the Zelda and Peach team? I need advice for this team...

Mocha

Coffee Addict
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Sorry I didn't answer sooner.

My pool was MJG, Fliphop, Me, Esca, Player-3, ALSM in that placement order.

Also, tried just playing happy the whole way back from TX and I made LEAPS & BOUNDS in keeping my cool with both Zelda and Sheik. Mocha, when you see this, can you add "Smile" to the tag list of mine.

Also, Mocha is super talented. A few more tourneys under your belt and you will do much better. I watched just about every match of yours and it seemed like mere tourney nerves getting you. More experience will definitely be more improvement. I know you have the talent. Just a matter of realizing it.

Also, this Big Show thing has been catching on lol.
Will do, Ed. That Zelda Finder page is taking longer than I had anticipated xD

And thanks, I just gotta work on getting used to the pressure, and handling it over all. I have some of our friendlies saved, so I'm going to try to get around to uploading them on my bf's computer when I get the chance. The funny thing is, we didn't play one friendly in a neutral stage lol

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Seems that is the event that everyone is training for now that WHOBO is out of the way. I am so hyped for it.

Hopefully everything works out positively for you Mocha! ^^

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I just had some terribad wifi games, I don't know what to do, every thing that happened just makes me think more and more that Zelda IS the worst character in the game... like 2 days ago I had nothing better to do so I kind of started to play with Sheik to at least do something that isn't giving a free stock when I screw up but I still don't get used to her and I couldn't find anything like a little guide or moveset explanation and I thought about asking Ed about it and/or just post on the Sheik boards....

Right now I don't know what to do, if I have to just stop playing this or just focus on my MK or what... seems like everything I do or try to do turns into a misserable fail and that really doesn't help.

What is the worst thing is that I seem to never be able to get the Snake MU, Riot just gave me some tips about it like 2 days ago, but I really don't know what the hell is it that I keep doing wrong.

Just wanted to share this with you guys, maybe anyone of you can give some good idea(s) of how to stop being the worst competitive brawl player ever, fix my mind or anything. I'm just so screwed up right now.

Top Bottom