• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
kinda bored so wondering a few things aside from the # of times i've started with" I've been wondering"

1.dsmashx 1(2) -> downb footstool -> immediate dair as mixup option to keep opponent guessing which way they will be sent.(also trying to test if you can set up lots of platform spikes on stages like smashvile)

2.dsmash x1 (x2 )-> down b immediate kick since I noticed alot of people like to (s)di away hits after the smashes to try and get away. example both on the right side of FD Zss closer to the edge but gets the downsmash(s) ,then proceeds to downb kick them further right because she got her foot out in time for it to be knockback instead of a spike when they popped into the air.

3rd . I am tired of planking by jumping in the line of potential fire to side b how do you do the side b where it goes through the stage? I.E Battle field.

4. mainly directed @ V115 If I were to go to Sktar with you guys how much $ you think it will be in total?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Astro said that if we car pool and have 5 people per car, it'll be $60 gas per person.
Greyhound was like 80
So uh assuming we'd be able to get free housing, there's that $60 and then the reg and stuff is like $47 I think? (Checked now, going for just singles and dubs totals to 51.85 USD)
And then let's say 30-50 on food
And let's say 30 max on housing

So between 131.85 and 211.85

For the sideB through the stage on BF/SV, just slide up the slope with the sideB. You might wanna practice it in training mode, it's hard but not extremely hard.
It's a lot easier on PS1 cause the lip does all the spacing for you, you just jump into the corner lol.

#1 isn't a good idea...well I guess if you already planning on nairing, then dair would do the same amount of damage and refreshes all your other moves, but it's harder to pull off.
#2, that's interesting, but it'll only really work if you know your opponent has been SDIing away/down+away often and you're close to the ledge XD

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Well Yes i see i'm gonna break bank just to get there if i even manage but i doubt it with all the expenses i have going but it is 1 month away so ill see.
as for your response to
1. It's honestly not hard to do at all I tested it with a Marth by setting him to like 40 ish % then double downsmash to buffered downb all i did was hold jump , held the control stick down still and used an alternate attack button (r) to preform the dair .

If anything since it's a weird and quirky change of pace my body reacts a little slow but instant dairs out of downb foot stool catches alot of people off guard from my experience. Most likely due to the fact that they just quickly shield cause they think im gonna do the kick and as soon as they hear the foot stool sound or see her curved into a ball they decide to chase and punish dropping their shield 2-3 hits through the downair letting 2 and the final hit them.

Also they are going to be sent upward or just pushed away i forgot to mention that it might just have the opponent pushed to the side skidding sort of (I'm sure every zss has seen this at some point or another where dair doesn't land the last hit ).
But my idea about the spiking at places like smash vile was Down smash when above but off stage as platform is coming by then downb ->footstool-> dair so you hit the platform and send them through almost like we are just simulating them "sharking under delphino or halbert" . Lol

and 2. AK was doing it to me when i MM his zss with my marth ( i won :D) he said he just sometimes subconsciously does **** cause i noticed he 70% of the time double downsmashed me then downb kicked instantly, I was saying to him that I thought about doing that and if he was doing it so he kicks me away and not spikes. 1 time it connected
That's about it...Well that and the fact that everyone seems to DI away from zss when they pop up out of downsmash stun.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Samus doesn't have multiple double jumps, and her jumps don't have hitboxes on them to my knowledge

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Samus doesn't have multiple double jumps, and her jumps don't have hitboxes on them to my knowledge
uhh what's that in regards to ? :p and v/poke please remind me not to get wicked drunk night before a tournament i wonder how fail ill be today lol

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
He's essentially foxtrotting and applying a dash dance to it so that he alternates directions. You'll see Mr.R and Leon do this very often with Marth and it looks a lot smoother when they do it too lol

ie not even close to a moonwalk

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
He's essentially foxtrotting and applying a dash dance to it so that he alternates directions. You'll see Mr.R and Leon do this very often with Marth and it looks a lot smoother when they do it too lol

ie not even close to a moonwalk

thanks, i'm not home yet so i can't really try practicing this but is it essentially just like flick control stick left, and then flick control stick right after? because i feel like i've tried something like this before but the movement is really awkward and doesn't look as fluid as salem's :/

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Foxtrotting is when you flick one direction over and over at a certain rate so you repeatedly dash in the same direction. So like, left--> left --> left --> left. Try this out first.

Then, instead of doing that, you'd do left --> left-right --> right-left --> left-right etc. Left-right or right-left implies the dash dance input, meaning that you're pressing the 2nd direction immediately after the first.

Spaghetti

Smash Apprentice
Foxtrotting is when you flick one direction over and over at a certain rate so you repeatedly dash in the same direction. So like, left--> left --> left --> left. Try this out first.

Then, instead of doing that, you'd do left --> left-right --> right-left --> left-right etc. Left-right or right-left implies the dash dance input, meaning that you're pressing the 2nd direction immediately after the first.

OHHHHHHHHHH that makes sense now <3, alright i'll try learning this thanks a ton

Heero Yuy

#sweg
I don't play Brawl anymore, but I still love watching streams, especially with ZSS in them.

...And from marathoning SKTAR 2, I think V and Nick are now the top 2 ZSS players.

Edit: I meant to put this in the Social Thread, sorry.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Three questions in mind:
1: Regarding ZSS's Plasma wire, I presume that it has more spiking/MSing potential towards the ends of it, making the tip of the plasma wire the sweetspot. Is this correct? Is there other information related to the Plasma wire/whip that I should know of?
2: Let's assume you're 90 degrees below an opponent who is grabbing the ledge and you lack a second jump. Should Plasma wire be spammed or is there an ideal timing for Plasma wire' usage?
3- I saw V115 perform a Side-B from the ledge through the stage on Battlefield . How is it performed?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1: It ONLY has MSing potential at the end, the other parts don't MS at all.
2: Using it when they're not invincible is generally a good idea. Also generally you want to use it early enough so that you're not too low to use it again as a tether.
3: Just jump into the bottom of the slope of the stage on BF/SV with a sideB. It's purely dependent on timing and spacing.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
There are two hitboxes of up-b that meteor.
One's at the tip, and it's a slow drag down. The other one is between 2/3s and 3/4s of the way to the tip and that's the one that ****s people up.

Spamming tether really sucks.

I've only seen V do it, so I'd take his word on it.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
3: Just jump into the bottom of the slope of the stage on BF/SV with a sideB. It's purely dependent on timing and spacing.
While ledgegrabbing, I should press down on the analog stick and followed by a side-B. Is that all?
There are two hitboxes of up-b that meteor.
One's at the tip, and it's a slow drag down. The other one is between 2/3s and 3/4s of the way to the tip and that's the one that ****s people up
let's assume that plasma wire is 10 meters long. The area that has the highest MS potential is between 6.7 meters and 7.5 meters. Correct?

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
While ledgegrabbing, I should press down on the analog stick and followed by a side-B. Is that all?
nah bro you literally have to back of the ledge with b then jump and side b zzz kinda annoying to time but it's well worth it to land although i've only landed it in training vs a hand placed mk D:.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
nah bro you literally have to back of the ledge with b then jump and side b zzz kinda annoying to time but it's well worth it to land although i've only landed it in training vs a hand placed mk D:.
I see... thanks for the info guys.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You have to JUMP after getting off the ledge. It's a rising sideB.
And it doesn't matter whether you get off the ledge with back or down. As long as you jump into the edge at the right spot and press sideB at the right time, you'll sideB through the stage.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
You have to JUMP after getting off the ledge. It's a rising sideB.
And it doesn't matter whether you get off the ledge with back or down. As long as you jump into the edge at the right spot and press sideB at the right time, you'll sideB through the stage.
Seems good, I will initially watch how it's performed and try practicing it from then. You performed it on Ally in Impulse 2013 iirc.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
V been wondering you want me to upload your set vs that DDD from sktar? just give me music for it and ill put it up
just normal.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Nah i just mean random stuff like"vex practically grew up with Salem hes definitely no slouch in this matchup"
which turned to something like" v115 definitely knows what. Hes doing in this match up" ect the video wont load so ya sigh going,to work so early in the morning on a Saturday really sucks D:.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Hey guys, I brawled against the Swiss community a couple of days ago and had problems against a G&W. I know that ZSS has an advantage over G&W but I got quite wrecked that day, I'm pretty inexperience with the G&W Matchup, any tips?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Why do Zero Suits uses Up B when juggling? 90% of the time I see Salem do this, he just reverses the situation for 8 damage. The move only seems to be useful in specific percent ranges where someone might DI into you for a free aerial.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
ummm for what I've seen/done/heard is
-Abuse jab if they let you get the 3rd hit alot I don't know why it works so often.
-You can get fairs in against most of his aerials except for bair that crab or what ever the hell it is = annoying as ****.
-You can up b his dair just about all of the time unless its already started up (I'm pretty sure I got some up smashes on this to -_-0)
-His up air refreshes his moves so be careful about that.
-If you like you can bait their buckets and get a free grab off pummel so its worth it If you do that.

Can't really say much more I've seen V115 use G&W's trampoline to troll them and up air their ass out when you both reach the peak of your jumps.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Don't be predictable with lasers/dsmash for obvious reasons and be safe with your sideBs (if you can bait a dair approach from G&W you can run away --> reverse sideB to hit him)
Don't panic OoS or be predictable with rolls/spotdodges/airdodges cause you'll die to an usmash or fsmash at like 80

If he approaches with bair you can usually just jump over it and bair him for it
Don't try to run off and bair stage spike him out of his upB...just don't. Just don't try to hit him when he's offstage and below the stage.
It's easiest to beat dairs with falling uairs. With rising uairs you usually trade
Don't try to punish aerials on shield except for poorly executed fairs or something...if he's doing it right I'm pretty sure you can't punish him.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
ummm for what I've seen/done/heard is
-Abuse jab if they let you get the 3rd hit alot I don't know why it works so often.
-You can get fairs in against most of his aerials except for bair that crab or what ever the hell it is = annoying as ****.
-You can up b his dair just about all of the time unless its already started up (I'm pretty sure I got some up smashes on this to -_-0)
-His up air refreshes his moves so be careful about that.
-If you like you can bait their buckets and get a free grab off pummel so its worth it If you do that.

Can't really say much more I've seen V115 use G&W's trampoline to troll them and up air their *** out when you both reach the peak of your jumps.
His Up-air removes all stales off his moves? Let's assume you are in the air and kept that way by G&W's Up-air, what should you ideally do?

I have three more important questions as well:
1. Are the ZSS hitboxes presented in this site correct? : http://allisbrawl.com/forum/topic.aspx?id=141942
2. As we all know, the higher the percentage, the higher you the stun duration (Talking about D-smash). What are the exact stun time difference between every additional 10% damage? (Ex: at 10% the character is stunned for 1.1 seconds by D-smash - at 20% the character is stunned for 1.25 seconds by D-smash). I doubt anyone will answer this question because I don't think the exact timing has been recorded by anyone yet.
3. At low percentages (up to 50% usually), most people use SH buffered F-air after landing the double down-smash. However, some people argue that using N-air into another D-smash is also effected. What do you guys think the ideal follow up from the Double D-smash at low percentage is?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
1: For the most part, yes. Some hitbubbles are missing on some moves like uair and usmash but for the most part it's a good place to look.
2: Useless question that I can't answer.
3: Dsmash x2 --> fair and dsmash --> nair --> fair are pretty much equally good, they basically both do 39% but the latter keeps your dsmash fresher. You can also sideB (both hits) or dash attack --> utilt to replace the fair, leading to a total of 41% and 39% again respectively.

Some characters, if hit with dsmash x2 from 0, will not pop out high enough to be faired (eg MK). However I'm pretty sure you can still get the fair if you go with dsmash --> nair.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
1: For the most part, yes. Some hitbubbles are missing on some moves like uair and usmash but for the most part it's a good place to look.
2: Useless question that I can't answer.
3: Dsmash x2 --> fair and dsmash --> nair --> fair are pretty much equally good, they basically both do 39% but the latter keeps your dsmash fresher. You can also sideB (both hits) or dash attack --> utilt to replace the fair, leading to a total of 41% and 39% again respectively.

Some characters, if hit with dsmash x2 from 0, will not pop out high enough to be faired (eg MK). However I'm pretty sure you can still get the fair if you go with dsmash --> nair.
Thanks

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Why do Zero Suits uses Up B when juggling? 90% of the time I see Salem do this, he just reverses the situation for 8 damage. The move only seems to be useful in specific percent ranges where someone might DI into you for a free aerial.
sometimes that's true but doesn't it really depend on the circumstances when its used like if they are above a platform cause you just up aired them a few times,
since your under the platform it wont matter if they DI half the time since they will more then likely have to play defensive since you can follow up a few different ways.

Another thing if you use up b and it spikes them to the ground where they tech can't you tech chase that as an option anyway.

Although I have seen alot of dummies just tech where they land instead of a roll so they eat 2 delicious down smashes :D.

Top Bottom