• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus in teams! A lesson in PSIence! Ness! ~DDD and Link Summaries are up!~

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright so I realized there is no Zero Suit Samus doubles discussion and that struck me as very odd due to the fact ZSS is actually really really good in teams. So I took it upon myself to make this for the lovable ZSS mains. Plus this thread could even help with activity maybe. (I know I will annoy this thread for activity ^_^) Anyways enough babble and time to get to the intro and thread.

Now we all play doubles somtime or another and we know it is fun. Doubles competition is held at just about every tournament there is a 1v1 tournament. So in reality a Doubles thread would almost be as important as a 1v1 MU thread because many people compete in doubles competitions and just know the basics on how to work with their partner. However it brings to a point how characters do with other characters and how the teams would do in tournaments. Also it is important to know if the team you have is a good team that can actually help you win the money or maybe you are literally just giving your money away with the team. Team battles depend on many different variables but it is not competely random. In depth descriptions will be shown on how the team does, wether certain characters make a good teammate, who they should look out for and how they do on certain stages.

Discussion order:
1.) General Tips
2.) Good Attributes
3.) Bad Attributes
4.) Characters to watch out for
5.) Stage picking
6.) Advance teamwork moves
7.) Is the team viable?
Rating template:

10 = Probably one of the best partners

9-8 = Really good but not perfect
7-6 = Not too shabby! :o
5-4 = Mediocre at best
3-2 = Consider a new partner
1-0 = Double fail ftw?
~:~ = Teammate yet to be discussed

Zero Suit Samus

ZSS summary in teams to come when discussed ^_^

~:~​

Characters

:metaknight:
Metaknight
~:~

:snake:
Snake

:diddy:
Diddy Kong

:falco:
Falco

:popo:
Ice Climbers

:marth:
Marth

:wario:
Wario

King Dedede
The Adorable Baby Penguin
8:10

- This team is very good ;o
- Dedede can be quite a good stock tank with Babysitting from his Babysitter ZSS.
- These two have really good 2v1 tricks that can be done.
- Neither can help each other if the other gets in a bind offstage (Dedede won't be getting in one though.)
- Dedede can help ZSS with her killing issue
- Dedede needs to stay behind and stock tank while ZSS goes and racks up damage like crazy.
- Do not leave Dedede by himself in a 2v1 situation.
- Dedede is a really big target o_o
I guess I'll give my input as a D3/Snake main.

D3 is one the best support characters a team can have. He's super heavy and able to last pretty long in doubles with good DI. He's good at saving teammates from bad situations with his grabs, Waddles and Nair off the stage, racks up the damage well and allows for **** setups with his D-Throw.

The setups are going to be big here. From D-throw Zamus can land a well placed Side B or pretty much any move she wants but honestly with D-Smash stunning, and allowing for a regrab by D3 you can rack the damage retardedly fast if uninterrupted. And let's not forget D3s absurdly powerful Jet Hammer and Forward Smashes. Both of them are realistic with Zamus' Down Smash and Paralyzer Shot.

Zamus's average support options are actually better here because she's hella fast and can rush over to save her teammate in a flash. And with D3 being such a huge target he'll be taking the majority of the damage here.

Issues will involve getting in each others way. Both have good range but one is a bullseye for attacks. Careful coordination and discussion will be needed to make sure you guys aren't interfering with each other but it honestly shouldn't be a big issue. But Zamus will always have to keep a careful watch on D3 the entire match also because he can get juggled so easily.

Problem opponents:

:metaknight: Yeah. Its Metaknight. Need I say more.

:falco: This is one of D3s worst matchups and I think you guys' worst right? The CG and the laser spam will make it hard on both characters.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

I'd give this team:

:zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: out of 5.

The damage racking/killing potential is lethal here but using D3 comes a price. If you aren't prepared to be a proactive teammate and really watch after your heavy set penguin friend your team will fail. But if you're good with that type of thing, D3's stock tanking capabilities will flourish and your team will be a great one.

Here's a little AT to check out for 2v1. Dsmash->D3 Grab->Ground Release->repeat process seems plausible with his grab range. plus to finish this you can probably with a smash or w/e

also this might work too. D3 Grab->Ground Release->ZSS Jab->repeat process. I need to test these out but atm they seem like they would work.

ZSS's Dsmash is soooo good for Dedede in this team <3. I'd rate this team an 8. it's not perfect because Dedede needs watching but it is definetely viable in tourny.

MK, Falco or bad for these two as said above x_x and for stages i would normally say Brinstar and RC but i'd actually go PS1, PS2, FD. Stages where Dedede can be away a bit but still help and not get pummled to death/get in the way. ZSS is gonna be the leader like person in these team while Dedede stock tanks. Just don't leave the poor penquin alone in a 1v2 situation. ;_;

This team is really good in 2v1. 2v2 it is a definetely good.
Characters to look out for:
:metaknight:

Stage Discussion:
Try and go for the bigger stages. Small cramp stages end up hurting this team more than actually helping due to the fact Dedede is sooooooo big. FD, SV, Picto and other stages sound pretty good for this team. Ban small stages you are uncomfortable on.

AT moves:
best DDD and Zss combo : DDD down THrown--> zss Down Smash--->regrab DOwnthrow...rinse repeat. Then of you get to an edge then get the down smash then the zss pivot grabs and ground releases while DDD jumps over and grab again. Finish with down smash to Fsmash. Its also a quick combo. If you see DDD got some character in down throw the go down smash and the go about your business and keep the other team mate out of DDDs hair while he Fsmashes the victom
And the stuff I mentioned above.

Is this team viable?
Yes this team is viable and you can possibly win a tournament with it. Dedede is a great partner <3

Summary by J

:pikachu2:
Pikachu

:olimar:
Olimar

:lucario:
Lucario

:gw:
Mr. Game & Watch

:pit:
Pit

:toonlink:
Toon Link

Zero Suit Samus
Stunning Sheild Problems :S
5:10

General Summary:
-This team isn't really a good one but it's not bad.
-The have all the same weaknesses and strengths
-Both have ungodly time with sheilds
-Piece game can become quite choatic or really good.
-This team is a very gimmicky team.
-Both need set ups to their kills.
-Both are light
-Neither can help each other's recovery.
Lokii got rid of 2 pieces while I only got rid of 1 , as long as you have item control there should be no problem but the first stocks do go quickly in your favor or not , you have to trust your partners item control as well , I suggest never to deal with the pieces or even pick them up at the beginning of the match and leave them as bait and punish those that take or go for your pieces as some double matches start so fast you can get ftilt'd by MK or snake

During the match you should decide who goes up for the aireal and who goes for the punish if possible and when you get a grab release kill (walk off on MK on delfino ftw) make sure your partner is able to stall long enough for them to preform the duty (Really helped out)
So yea let me kick this off to show how it's really done (:laugh: lmao yea no, im just bored and no one has posted anything on this team so time for me to ramble.)

Dekar's thread rating of the character:

My guess on this (=P)

Let's see well both players would have knowledge on piece control so that's a plus. However both showed try to only have one. There are aloooot of mindgames you can play with just two pieces and help set up to be deadly with them. The piece game could get a little chaotic though due to the fact there are 4 people on the stage. :S Overall the piece game is a definete plus, but you just have to be careful on how you handle them (just like you would in a normal 1v1 battle) Stage control is very important with this team. ZSS is such a good DPS and with two of them on the field they can both rack up damage really fast. Both ZSS' should probably be going straight offensive and working together to set up kills with dsmash and air strings. Be careful about throwing out Side-B so much. This team literally controls the air. If either of the other team member tries to go into the air, one of the ZSS should be punishing that mistake. On the ground the have mediocre but I think i heard somewhere about this AT in 2v1 where 1 ZSS Dsmash's and the other ZSS can Jab them back into another Dsmash and repeat. (i'd like to try a vid where this was applied)

That first part kindof has general tips and good attributes.

Now time for the upsetting part. *audience gasp* (<---- BOREDOM at it's worst at 3:30 in the morning)

Double ZSS has the problem of both having the same weaknesses. Sheild, Lightweight, and the same bad MUs. With two ZSS though they can overcome some of their weaknesses. They both can help with the Sheild problem. And help with setups to help their literal non-existant grab. *in doubles it is deadly to use her grab.* However her throws have good set ups into the air for a kill. ZSS cannot help ZSS with her recovery if she gets into a bind really =/

Stages:

Try for air stages that keep the battle close nit. Brinstar comes to mind, Battlefield. Basically good ZSS stages work for this team. (well duuuuuh im just pointing out the obvious now *needs sleep*)

AT moves:

That Dsmash to jab one and I also think there can be a Dsmash->Footstoool (repeat). This team is very gimmicky.

Characters to Look out for:
:pikachu2:

Stage Discussion:
ZSS STAGES PEOPLE! Know and work out which stages that you should know this team does well on. lol

AT moves:
Dsmash and Jab gimmicks. Dsmash->Jab (repeat) or Dsmash->Footstool(repeat) works in 2v1 nicely. Uair juggling is also a cool trick with two ZSS.

Is this team viable?
Eh, not really =P Fun but you most likely won't be winning a tournament with this team. Sorry ^^"

Summary by J

:kirby2:
Kirby

:rob:
R.O.B.

:dk2:
Donkey Kong

:peach:
Peach

:fox:
Fox

:luigi2:
Luigi

:wolf:
Wolf

:shiek:
Shiek

:pt:
Pokemon Trainer

:squirtle:
Squirtle

:ivysaur:
Ivysaur

:charizard:
Charizard

:sonic:
Sonic

:ness2:
Ness

:bowser2:
Bowser

:lucas:
Lucas

:ike:
Ike

:yoshi2:
Yoshi

:mario2:
Mario

:falcon:
Captain Falcon

:samus2:
Samus

:jigglypuff:
Jigglypuff

:zelda:
Zelda

Link
The picture says it all :laugh:
6:10

Dekar said:
Zero Suit Samus: DPS Gimmick
Carry- 6
Stock Tank- 6
Punisher- 6
DPS- 9
Amazing Offensive Support
Decent Defensive Support
Energy Projectile (Punish/DPS)

ZSS, who arguably has the best energy projectile (her dsmash for those of you who are unaware) is of course, an amazing teammate for characters who can abuse said attack. GnW, Lucas, and Ness can all abuse the dsmash to swing entire matches in their favor, so she's always a favorite to team with for those characters.

Overall a decent team for Link, but it was found that Link may have a hard time finding a ZSS who would be willing to team with Link as she is good and he is not.
ph00tbag said:
This team in a nutshell.

ZSS will be able to do almost everything for Link except KO. But that just means Link can use ftilt, fsmash1, dsmash, etc. to take care of that. So while ZSS covers the DPS, and probably stock tanking, too, Link can jump in with the KO power. All things considered however, ZSS can find KO power in any number of teammates that she won't likely find herself having to babysit.

In other words, ZSS is a 10, and Link is a 5.
Thoughts on the team itself.
Jbandit said:
Uhm right from the get go i would give this team a 6 overall. Yes, ZSS is possible on of Link's best teammate but if you take into the fact of tournament viablility this team would fit perfectly into the "Not too shabby" part. It is a little above average since Link's power combined with something that can help him use them more is great. The Gale boomerang can be used greatly to help ZSS' air game. Also a thing about Link is he can camp and help keep ZSS' pieces alive while she goes out on a ramage with some camping support. With the right babysitting Link can actually be a pretty dag on good stock tank for ZSS. Combined their ground game is pretty sweet with the setups they can do. ZSS is a great DPS and gets them in killing % for Link easily but since his smashes are laggy he'll need help being able to use them at oppurtune moments. Dsmash helps wonders for this. Now Link mostly should be camping/stock tanking the entire match and ZSS should be doing most of the action while keeping an eye on Link. Sad to say but ZSS will be the heroine of this team while Link is the sidekick. I'd say this team needs to look out for Meta knight and Falco. Stages BRINSTAR IS AMAZING FOR THIS TEAM!!!! haha sorry I <3 Brinstar waaay too much. But I know it's one of Link's best stages and it is the same with ZSS. Link can camp here and it is air heaven for her. Uhm SV, FD, and I wanna say Norfair as well are also good stages. Stay away from stages that are like RC, GrGs, YI, and I also wanna say Delfino (;s)

This team is perfectly put as a 6 for tournament terms but if you are talking how good ZSS is for Link it's probably like a 9-10. However you might not be placing last with this team and might be an upset team overall ;O. It's not too bad.

solecalibur said:
Originally Posted by
Zss should be following the characters in the air for early uair kills or juggling while link stays on the ground making a wall for others

I friendlied with a link before in doubles and we set up a forward b (links) and I jumped over then I had a moving dsmash =D (Dsmash can combo into 28%+ guaranteed since it kills)

When both characters are recovering I recommence to go straight for it as zss has enough tools to get back on stage but leave the edge open as soon as you can (even if you eat a punishment)
quirkynature said:
Great offensive and defensive support. Very minor interference with her plasma shot. Link plays the stock tank here and the KO-king while ZSS goes around dealing great damage to anybody even remotely around her. Keep in mind that while she may not have as many KO moves as Link, the ones she does have are very effective, with great priority and a good-sized hitbox.

If ZSS gets into trouble, Link can help by walling off the opponents with his projectiles. Although ZSS won't get into trouble and, even if she does, she won't really need rescuing. As with most of Link's teammates, she'll be doing the babysitting when (or if) needed. Getting back to the stage will be easier for ZSS than Link (who knew?) and if the Hero of Time gets into trouble recovering, a good U-air to his butt might help him 'recover high' (hyuk hyuk).
As stated many times Link and ZSS could potentially be very good. With ZSS charging in doing tons of damage while Link supports her with projectiles and holding on to 1 or 2 pieces of armor using all of his advance bomb juggling techniques. When its time to go for a kill a simple stun from Dsmash or Neutral special could easily connect into Links Dair or ZSS Bair, but be sure to know whos going in for the kill or you may end up causing a lot of trouble for each other and possible deaths of ZSS.

I'm terms of recovering, ZSS should be fine, but you may want to prevent edge hogs as much as possible (her only real weakness). While ZSS can easily support Links recovery with a simple Uair, but she has to be careful to not put herself in danger while doing so. If both are knocked off ZSS should try recovering first as she would be faster. However if Link is really close it would be best to let him try and then use your jump and down B to stall while he gets up.

Stage Picks: Basically anything good for Link once again. Though stay away from stages with no ledges. Like FO. YI might be good as ZSS can abuse her wall jumps and be rather safe using Down B toward the stage.
Overall: 6/10, in the end this team is in the not too shabby position.

Summary from the Link in teams thread ;D

:ganondorf:
Ganondorf
~:~​

I plan to align the one when are discussing in the center so it stands out among the others. I might even either put the pic up or if I haven't decided on one yet I plan on Highlighting it with some sort of unique color.

----- -----
Video Section
----- -----

None yet ;D

Tell me which color you would like me to highlight your name in or it will be whatever I feel like would go good with your name.

-------------------------------

So yay let's get this fun thread started ^_^ I hope you all enjoy this thread and discussing doubles is so much fun.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zero Suit Samus Tier List of Team Mates (what a mouthful)

S:
A::dedede:
B:
C::link2:
D: :zerosuitsamus:
E:
F:
G:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Grrr I should have recorded teams with lokii , Double zss teams ftw!
2guddddd!!
I'm surprised we did well xD It was a risky team, but it ended up working out pretty good.
...cept when we had to play Shugo and M2K. But that loss was expected >__>;

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
lol PF xD Nick and Shaky do show that team is really good ;3

aw too bad about the vids you two ;-; and Kaleido it most likely will be around that but maybe some other surprises. Who knows till every character is discussed.

Most likely we should discuss how well ZSS does at first in teams before moving onto the characters.

This is what she is rated in Dekar's thread.
:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus: DPS Gimmick
Carry- 6
Stock Tank- 6
Punisher- 6
DPS- 9
Decent Defensive Support

ZSS, who arguably has the best energy projectile (her dsmash for those of you who are unaware) is of course, an amazing teammate for characters who can abuse said attack. GnW, Lucas, and Ness can all abuse the dsmash to swing entire matches in their favor, so she's always a favorite to team with for those characters.
And here are some questions that should be answered to help fully show how she does. (Leviatis is awesome.)

What is your main's role in a team?

What should your main be doing at any given time?

Does your main have a easy time with any of the following roles:
1. surviving forever
2. killing
3. splitting opponents up
4. 2v1 combat
5. his role in 1v2
6. attacking opponents who are engaging your teammate to open them up
7. racking damage without leaving himself open to the other player
Ill answer some in a bit but im kindof busy today ^^". Anyone can start it off. (Also for partners anyone else vote Ness to kick it off? Then we will just go to whomever.)

solecalibur

Smash Master
2guddddd!!
I'm surprised we did well xD It was a risky team, but it ended up working out pretty good.
...cept when we had to play Shugo and M2K. But that loss was expected >__>;
We even mind game'd them to go double Ike on us and we still lost =(
But what was m2k doing at a 9 person tounry anyways lol

on topic , Are we going to discuss random characters or are we going to go in order?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
We can actually discuss the characters in any order you guys like or we can go from like certain character up the tier list to bottom or vice versa.

I'd assume to keep the discussion more fun we should start with a character that would be fun to discuss and is a pretty good team. (i.e. Ness, Lucas, GW, MK)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
well discussing how ZSS does as a team first so it will help find the right teammate. Plus a board rating on her.

Basically a summary of ZSS then we can start with whomever.

Like this: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=273697

Yes it is written by me but it is just like an example to how the summary would be written then if you wanna see how a character summary goes you can look at the Lucario one as well.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
Asides from the ones you guys mentioned (GnW, Lucas, Ness, MK, and Snake), I think Pikachu makes a decent or a good teammate for ZSS. My brother uses Pikachu as one of his secondaries and with ZSS, the duo can do some nice damage with an array of paralyzing attacks. It's just that they're both lightweight. That's a disadvantage.

I'd give Pikachu a 7 or higher.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman

<3 Jiggleh is the best round/inflatable character in the game in terms of epicness. A tier pl0x

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
ima team with fk1 , i would like advice with pieces and strat please for double zss
My advice for double ZSS doubles + pieces...

...Just. Watch. Out.
I'd recommend throwing all the pieces away except 1 for each ZSS so you can eliminate the risk of the other team getting pieces plus you can take control of the stage using awesome teamwork skills.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So let's start with Double ZSS to discuss, hm? Sounds like it would be fun.

Also Adapt I saw those and they are pretty good shows to what some characters can do. I'll be sure to quote them when the time comes when discussing those characters. =P

Edit: Name's changed and pic is up ^_^

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So yea let me kick this off to show how it's really done (:laugh: lmao yea no, im just bored and no one has posted anything on this team so time for me to ramble.)

Dekar's thread rating of the character:

:zerosuitsamus: Zero Suit Samus: DPS Gimmick
Carry- 6
Stock Tank- 6
Punisher- 6
DPS- 9
Decent Defensive Support

My guess on this (=P)

Let's see well both players would have knowledge on piece control so that's a plus. However both showed try to only have one. There are aloooot of mindgames you can play with just two pieces and help set up to be deadly with them. The piece game could get a little chaotic though due to the fact there are 4 people on the stage. :S Overall the piece game is a definete plus, but you just have to be careful on how you handle them (just like you would in a normal 1v1 battle) Stage control is very important with this team. ZSS is such a good DPS and with two of them on the field they can both rack up damage really fast. Both ZSS' should probably be going straight offensive and working together to set up kills with dsmash and air strings. Be careful about throwing out Side-B so much. This team literally controls the air. If either of the other team member tries to go into the air, one of the ZSS should be punishing that mistake. On the ground the have mediocre but I think i heard somewhere about this AT in 2v1 where 1 ZSS Dsmash's and the other ZSS can Jab them back into another Dsmash and repeat. (i'd like to try a vid where this was applied)

That first part kindof has general tips and good attributes.

Now time for the upsetting part. *audience gasp* (<---- BOREDOM at it's worst at 3:30 in the morning)

Double ZSS has the problem of both having the same weaknesses. Sheild, Lightweight, and the same bad MUs. With two ZSS though they can overcome some of their weaknesses. They both can help with the Sheild problem. And help with setups to help their literal non-existant grab. *in doubles it is deadly to use her grab.* However her throws have good set ups into the air for a kill. ZSS cannot help ZSS with her recovery if she gets into a bind really =/

Stages:

Try for air stages that keep the battle close nit. Brinstar comes to mind, Battlefield. Basically good ZSS stages work for this team. (well duuuuuh im just pointing out the obvious now *needs sleep*)

AT moves:

That Dsmash to jab one and I also think there can be a Dsmash->Footstoool (repeat). This team is very gimmicky.

Is the team viable?:

Yuuuuuuup, imho it is a pretty good team.

7/10 or possibly an 8/10 (7.5 sounds good)

So that's my basic stab at this team. What's your guy's opinions, and don't foget to call the ZSS' in (edit: oh)

Blah im getting some sleep.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I really dont find Falcos more scary in teams because falco is more of a 1 on 1 character then a teams character (he seems to require space and his forward b and jab is more punishable when someone behind you is with a dsmash)

imo

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
hmm i don't know too much about Falco in teams but i was only thinking because he is horrible for ZSS. =P

I don't think Pikachu would be a good character to see on the other team as well =/

Anyone know how this team will go against Double MK or MK/Snake?

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
On request
Jbandit999 9:44 pm
(21:44:52): nope sorry x-x
(21:45:45): oh i asked a question in the double ZSS discussion
ramsesjelsma 9:47 pm
(21:47:07): what is the question
Jbandit999 9:47 pm
(21:47:31): how would the team do vs. Double MK or MK/Snake (the most common team)
ramsesjelsma 9:48 pm
(21:48:56): zss zss wouldnt work i think
Jbandit999 9:49 pm
(21:49:37): say so in the thread lol =P but i think it could stand a chance to win
ramsesjelsma 9:50 pm
(21:50:20): look this is the thing
(21:50:28): zss doesnt get back on the stage quick enough due to her lacking fastfall
(21:50:37): and a zss cant really hold her own without a partner
Jbandit999 9:50 pm
(21:50:52): in 1v2 you mean?
ramsesjelsma 9:50 pm
(21:50:55): no
(21:51:00): if 1 zss gets knocked offstage
(21:51:03): the other is alone
(21:51:10): and then the other is in for a world of hell
Jbandit999 9:52 pm
(21:52:01): yea =/
ramsesjelsma 9:52 pm
(21:52:19): thats why snake + mk works so well
(21:52:26): snake gets back to the stage so quickly
(21:52:31): and if mk is gone
(21:52:34): snake can hold his own
Jbandit999 9:53 pm
(21:53:16): true enough but if they snake is left alone against 2 ZSS he is in for a world of pain
ramsesjelsma 9:53 pm
(21:53:29): thats true
(21:53:35): thing with zss is
(21:53:41): you wont knock opponents off the stage so often
(21:53:45): u want to keep bair for killing
Jbandit999 9:53 pm
(21:53:59): yea
ramsesjelsma 9:54 pm
(21:54:09): so no
(21:54:20): the team sucks
(21:54:21): : (
Jbandit999 9:54 pm
(21:54:28): how would you rate it?
(21:54:36): saaaaay so :D h
ramsesjelsma 9:54 pm
(21:54:43): like 4-5?
(21:55:01): you can copy this convo in the thread if you want input posted etc.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
thank you Ramses ;D

I'd like to hear from Sole and Lokii since you two have used this team before.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS/GaW is a sickening team and I'm sorry I ever called it a gimmick after watching Snakeee and Vinnie use it recently. Outrageously good, made everyone but Inui and Nairo's team look like they'd been playing the game for a week.

solecalibur

Smash Master
thank you Ramses ;D

I'd like to hear from Sole and Lokii since you two have used this team before.
Lokii got rid of 2 pieces while I only got rid of 1 , as long as you have item control there should be no problem but the first stocks do go quickly in your favor or not , you have to trust your partners item control as well , I suggest never to deal with the pieces or even pick them up at the beginning of the match and leave them as bait and punish those that take or go for your pieces as some double matches start so fast you can get ftilt'd by MK or snake

During the match you should decide who goes up for the aireal and who goes for the punish if possible and when you get a grab release kill (walk off on MK on delfino ftw) make sure your partner is able to stall long enough for them to preform the duty (Really helped out)

It isn't the best but I disagree with Jbandit and giving us at least a 6 or a 7 at best I know we die quickly but when you dance around the character and we dont have trouble killing the other

I dont think we would have gotten that far but the teams around where not soild enough to really take a set off of us (expect m2k's double ike team lol)

Janne

Smash Journeyman
So if you're facing off against Ike and another character that makes an incredible teammate for Ike, I'm guessins it's more advisable to be teammates with someone with more decent weight I think. Would D3 make a good teammate for ZSS I wonder.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Double ZSS?
Why?
It's like having twice as much trouble against shields.

I kid.

I wouldn't do it though. Two people who want to hit you really hard wouldn't work very well.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I guess im a little to happy about this idea is a 4 and 5
or a 5 and 6 be a better rating?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So if you're facing off against Ike and another character that makes an incredible teammate for Ike, I'm guessins it's more advisable to be teammates with someone with more decent weight I think. Would D3 make a good teammate for ZSS I wonder.
hmmm that would be a very curious discussion. I wonder how that would go. ;D

Double ZSS?
Why?
It's like having twice as much trouble against shields.

I kid.

I wouldn't do it though. Two people who want to hit you really hard wouldn't work very well.
haha true about the sheilds. =P

I guess im a little to happy about this idea is a 4 and 5
or a 5 and 6 be a better rating?
hmmm they both have 5 so would 5 be a good solid number for the team in your eyes? I guess the idea of this team just sounded better in my head than it actually is xD.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I think DDD might be one of our better teammates personally, he's a great support character and can break up opponents really well and get them off balance enough for us to beast mode dps on them.

He's also fat which is nice, though unfortunately he needs babysitting a lot of the times. Snake needs that less so

Janne

Smash Journeyman
I think DDD might be one of our better teammates personally, he's a great support character and can break up opponents really well and get them off balance enough for us to beast mode dps on them.

He's also fat which is nice, though unfortunately he needs babysitting a lot of the times. Snake needs that less so
Yay! Someone who agrees with me. D3 and ZSS would make such a nice pair. Sometimes I can't help but giggle everytime I see D3 move xD

That asides, I think Kirby would make a good teammate for ZSS. Both can do well on their own if they're separated and Kirby most likely wouldn't accidentally edgehog if they were both knocked off stage. There could possibly be a few instances like that. Peach would be okay too I guess. They can both throw items and maybe with a little secret tactic discussion, could come up with a few mind games. But for Peach, I don't think ZSS would be one of her better teammates but I think they do okay together.

I'd give Peach, Kirby, and D3 a 6-7. I guess that means I'm moving my Pikachu to 8-9 :D

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I think Kirby and D3 would be pretty good teammates. I am iffy on Peach/ZSS though. Double the blondes, idk about that :laugh:. But on a serious note i'd think that team is a weird one.

So is double ZSS about done? If so ill get to work on a summary and who would you guys like to go to next?

I'm thinking one of these three might be fun. GW, Luigi, Ness? They all seem like the would be pretty good.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I think one like a stock tank or something like that would work
Snake , D3, Wario, BOOOOOOZER

Your call imo, Im just requesting

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Alright I see a few votes for a certain penguin sooooo he wins!

King Dedede time, Ill go get them and Pic is up for him. (lol that pic is funny)

I'll get the ZSS doubs summary up when I have the time after my friend leaves my house today.

Edit: Here is Dekar's thread data on Dedede in teams.

:dedede: King Dedede: Tank Assist
Carry- 5
Stock Tank- 8
Punisher- 8
DPS- 7
Great Defensive Support
Minor Interference Issues
Energy Projectile (DPS)

His only true issue with interference is how big he is. He gets knocked around like a disobedient housewife, and due to this, his teammate has to babysit in order for their team to function properly.

King Dedede suffers about as much as Falco in Doubles for both similar and different reasons. His primary issue is his sheer size- he gets knocked around, sometimes by his teammate, all for being so fat! His other issues include the fact that his moveset is rather punishable, and that his recovery is pretty linear (all due to how fast he falls and how slowly he moves in the air). He's not useless, though. He's got some serious KO power, can dominate an opponent in a 1v1 situation, and is one of the top 3 heaviest characters in the game.

As a Stock Tank, D3's ONLY issue is how much damage he gets racked up on himself. His large frame makes him juggle-bait, and his slow, punishable upB allows for some nasty kill moves to make their way onto his frame. Then again, he can almost always recover, and is heavy as hell.

Punish Moves:
•Utilt
•Dsmash
•Usmash
•Fsmash
•Swallowcide
•Bair
•Gordo (random)

The King is good at tacking on percent with his wall of bair, his hard hitting throws, and his great aerials, so he's definitely good at dealing out damage, the only issue is that he's not going to be openly available for pounding on his opponents at all times.

Offensive Support:
•Dthrow
•Inhale
•Waddle Dees/Doos

Defensive Support:
•Inhale
•Huge frame
I put ZSS in D tier. is that the right place for her on our tier list thingy?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I guess I'll give my input as a D3/Snake main.

D3 is one the best support characters a team can have. He's super heavy and able to last pretty long in doubles with good DI. He's good at saving teammates from bad situations with his grabs, Waddles and Nair off the stage, racks up the damage well and allows for **** setups with his D-Throw.

The setups are going to be big here. From D-throw Zamus can land a well placed Side B or pretty much any move she wants but honestly with D-Smash stunning, and allowing for a regrab by D3 you can rack the damage retardedly fast if uninterrupted. And let's not forget D3s absurdly powerful Jet Hammer and Forward Smashes. Both of them are realistic with Zamus' Down Smash and Paralyzer Shot.

Zamus's average support options are actually better here because she's hella fast and can rush over to save her teammate in a flash. And with D3 being such a huge target he'll be taking the majority of the damage here.

Issues will involve getting in each others way. Both have good range but one is a bullseye for attacks. Careful coordination and discussion will be needed to make sure you guys aren't interfering with each other but it honestly shouldn't be a big issue. But Zamus will always have to keep a careful watch on D3 the entire match also because he can get juggled so easily.

Problem opponents:

:metaknight: Yeah. Its Metaknight. Need I say more.

:falco: This is one of D3s worst matchups and I think you guys' worst right? The CG and the laser spam will make it hard on both characters.

I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

I'd give this team:

:zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus: out of 5.

The damage racking/killing potential is lethal here but using D3 comes a price. If you aren't prepared to be a proactive teammate and really watch after your heavy set penguin friend your team will fail. But if you're good with that type of thing, D3's stock tanking capabilities will flourish and your team will be a great one.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
so would that be like an 8 out of 10? I do think this team is actually really good ;D

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
8 out of 10, yes. Basically its Zero Suit Samus: The Hot Babysitter and DDD: the Giant Penguin Autistic child. Its legit. I'd do it more if there were actually Zamus' in my state.

Janne

Smash Journeyman
8 out of 10, yes. Basically its Zero Suit Samus: The Hot Babysitter and DDD: the Giant Penguin Autistic child. Its legit. I'd do it more if there were actually Zamus' in my state.
That's a pretty funny but cute way of looking at this team. It's possible bad guys usually become bad guys probably because of psychological disorders xD

Top Bottom